Start by marking “Split Second: Redefining My American Dream” as Want to Read:
Split Second: Redefining My American Dream

Split Second: Redefining My American Dream

When does the American Dream turn into a trap? What does it mean to succeed? What really gives meaning to our lives?

Kelli Miller never had to worry about it--she had it all: a family, a career, a sprawling home, even an executive title. She thought she'd escaped her Midwestern roots and was sailing towards a golden future. Then, in a pivotal moment, confronted with the sh
Published April 4th 2017 by White Cup Press

To ask other readers questions about Split Second, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Split Second

Carrie Westmoreland Kurtz
Apr 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
I've been told never to plan too strictly because life tends to do what it wants. Life can throw you a curveball in the blink of an eye. Split Second is a book about how Kelli Miller learned to deal with the curveballs that life threw at her.

This was a powerful book that really makes you step back and take a look at your own life. Definitely a good read.

*Note: I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
C. Gonzales
Jul 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: non-fiction, memoir
This is a strong novel that really gives you the tools you need to improve your outlook on life and even relationships.

I liked the way that this was set up, the writing style was well done and easy to follow.

There were many lighthearted and comedic things thrown in that keeps this novel light and spirited.
Samantha Turley
Jul 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: non-fiction
What a powerful novel and powerful voice Kelli Miller has. This was a very real story and it provided plenty of life lessons along the way. This is a heartwrenching story that teaches us that while life throws us major curveballs, we are able to overcome. Empowering and Thought-Provoking and Enlightening all at once.
Bailey Ember
Jul 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: non-fiction
I loved how this novel was full of great advice and solid examples. I didn't feel like I was being told how to do something by someone who didn't have legitimate facts backing them up, real world experience.

I think you need to go into reading this with somewhat of a clear head. It's a nice novel to step away with and clear your mind to new ideas and thinking.
Diane
Jul 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
I won this book in a Goodreads first-reads giveaway.

Heartfelt and inspiring book of how your life can change in an instant by things outside your control, but also how you can always improve on your life by taking action.
Karen Cahill
Debee Sue
Joy Yerkie
Brooke
Jun 21, 2017
Kelli Miller is a business executive specializing in Information Technology. Her career includes thirty years working for some of the largest, most successful companies in America. Kelli recently returned to her roots, farming her family’s farm with her husband, while continuing her technology career with a local mid-size manufacturing firm. Kelli is the mother of three. She loves to travel, hike ...more