Start by marking “Controlling Darkness (Control #4)” as Want to Read:
Controlling Darkness (Control #4)

Controlling Darkness

(Control #4)

4.59  ·  Rating details ·  37 Ratings  ·  31 Reviews
Sonia Anderson may be young, but the highly recommended bodyguard is well trained and expertly skilled. She’s more than up to the task of her new job, protecting Amy North. Of course, no employment psych evaluation could ever reveal the skeletons in Sonia’s painful past…or the secret scars born of a world out of her control.

As James North’s longtime bodyguard, Matthew Car
Published May 30th 2017 by Amazon Digital Services

To ask other readers questions about Controlling Darkness, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Controlling Darkness

Sheena
May 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
An addictive, thrilling read......

Step into the world of control...this was a skilfully written erotic thriller and fourth in the Control Series... this instalment focused on Sonia and Matthew both highly skilled bodyguards and both with dark pasts that have left them irreparably damaged physically and mentally...

This was such an addictive read...all the characters were interesting and complex....the interactions between the two main characters were at times sweet, sexy and always genuine.. they
Frances
May 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is my first book by Anna Edwards and its good. I love how the characters stories plays out. Matthew and Sonia are the main two characters and you'll see how they'll get through their past to have a better future. In this book you get the touch of bdsm and some hot intimate scenes. Controlling Darkness is the fourth book in the series and its worth reading
Julia Gerard
May 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I received Controlling Darkness as an Arc from Author Anna Edwards. Wow! This was an awesome story around Sonia and Mathew. Sonia was hired as a body guard. A profession chosen based on her own tragic past. Mathew has his own demons, but knows he can fix Sonia, without acknowledging, his need to address his issues This story was a great balance of mystery, crime, danger, sex and love. The downside for me was, that this is book 4 so there was a bit of a chunk i didn't understand, so I'd recommend ...more
Dianna Wheeler
May 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love this book. I read it in one day. It had me laughing, crying and the sex was steamy. I like a book with drama it it. It makes the story come alive for me. Yes, the main charactersite had some problemsort, but real life has problems too. We as people are not all well and wonderful, and in this story it shows that we all have some kind of demon. I now have to go back and read Anna's other books. I voluntarily reviewed an ARC of this book for an honest review.
Shawn
May 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Sonia and Matthew have a very interesting story. It was not what I was expecred.

The middle of the book felt like it was dragging. Parts felt like a "How To BDSM" And other parts felt like Sonia's story. I found myself wanting more of the story about their jobs and what brought them together.

Then it came! I was so excited to get to the action of their story. It became fast paced and drew me in to want to read faster to see how it all turned out.
Barb
May 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I received an unedited copy for a voluntary review.
Oh and so happy I did. Two kick ass bodyguards with secrets in their past. Read the book to find out what they are and how they help each other overcome them.
Michelle Brown
May 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. I received an unedited copy for a voluntary honest review.

I have previously read the other books in this series. I have to say I love the characters of both Matthew and Sonya yet I always wanted to know more of their backstories. Anna Edwards delivered. This book is focused on the both the working and personal relationships of Matthew and Sonya. The story of Sonya had me emotionally involved from the first page. I can not get enough of how she grew as a person throughout the
Tanaka K
I love Anna Edwards and her books. There is just something about her books that make me so excited to read them. She always creates heart stopping scenes that I am always addicted to and cannot get enough of. Just like Controlling Darkness. This book really stood out for me because I always wanted to know Matthew and Sonia's story. There was just something unique and amazing about them. Controlling Darkness truly impressed me.

Thrilling. Addictive. Emotional. Steamy. Controlling Darkness was a si
J.L. Leslie
I have been anxiously waiting on Matthew & Sonia's story and I was not disappointed!! While reading the Control Series, I knew Matthew had secrets, I just didn't know what. What I wasn't expecting was Sonia's secrets and the past she had. Anna Edwards knows how to weave together a story with twists, romance, and suspense! I love how she started Matthew and Sonia's story from the beginning. I was curious as to how she would do this and I loved getting to read their full story and not to come ...more
Anna
May 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
At first I didn't think I would like this book but the more I read the more I liked... I really loved that Matthew helped Sonia learn to deal with her past and just when you think Matthew is going to deal with his bam something happens...I kept saying please don't die....but then near the end Matthew disappears and Sonia is heart broken.. I'm really happy with how the ending was... Wonderful book Anna Edwards can't wait for the next. I voluntarily read an ARC copy of the book in exchange for an ...more
Teresa Lara
May 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love this series,Anna Edwards rocks it out.Matthew and Sonia finally got their story from there dark pasts.Loved how this cames together.couldnt put it down
Bobbi Wagner
Jun 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Controlling Darkness (The Control Series Book 4) by Anna Edwards is the fourth book in her series, The Control. This is the first book I have read of hers and in this series and I can't wait to go back and read the others. This story can be read as a standalone but if the others are as great as this one then I recommend reading the entire series. This story is about two people who has painful pasts but that pain can become love. This story is full of action, suspense and of course, hot, steamy r ...more
Ally's Book Reviews (Ally Vance)
I accepted an ARC in exchange for an honeat review.

*Spoiler FREE*

Its hard for me to review this as I really wasnt that gripped by the story and I found I wasnt overly compatible with Anna Edwards writing style.

I really struggled to get into this, I found the start very slow and slightly tedious so I kept putting it down and being reluctant to go back to it. I did finish this book eventually but it took me a few days to do it.

This is a dual POV novel which follows Sonia and Matthew.

I found it
Becky
Jun 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
SBee Reviews
Jul 13, 2017 rated it liked it
Review Rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars.

Having to hide herself no longer...

I received an Advance Reader Copy for Controlling Darkness written by Anna Edwards and voluntarily reviewed this book. This is the 4th book in the Control Series, and the first I have read from this author. Ex-MI5 Matthew is the personal bodyguard to Mr. James North. There is a new bodyguard to the North Family’s security team, Sonia, who is a 25-year-old virgin, who has still has a lot to learn about life in general, but she c
Riet De Bruin-Strijker
Jul 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Overcoming Darkness
This was my first encounter with the writing style of Anna Edwards, and plunging into part 4 of a series was not quite easy. I loved the book, no question about that, but not knowing the writing style, it has made for some confusing moments. What I found confusing was the lack of transition in scenes. The scenes were beautifully written, but I missed something. Like a scene towards the other scene is not written out fully, difficult to describe.
The story starts when Sonia And
NavyWifery BookBlog
Jul 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
I received this ARC in exchange for my honest review.

This was the 4th installment of the Control Series and centers around Matthew and Sonia. Both are strong, badass characters that are able to let their walls eventually come down around each other. It's a beautiful story of overcoming your past, facing your demons, inorder to embrace your future.

Anna Edwards has taken the reader on an amazing journey through all emotions. The life that Sonia and Matthew lived through is heartbreaking and tragic
Renee
Apr 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Reading Sonia and Matthew's story was a rollercoaster of emotions. I'm not sure how Anna Edwards was able to pack so much into one book but wow. There was so much intensity, action and most importantly love that I had to wait to review because it left me speechless. The author does not shy away from talking about difficult situations and subjects like self-harm.

The BDSM lifestyle aspects were important but did not overshadow the main storyline unlike how it is sometimes utilized in other books.
Tania Fitzgerald
Jul 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Once again I am not disappointed, Sonia and Matthews's story was worth the wait.
Terrific storyline, wonderful in its darkness and tragedy, betrayal and love.
My heart went out to both Sonia, for her completely tragic start in life, and to Matthew, with his tortured tragedy.
The connection between these two is so electric and sexy, you immediately put yourself in Sonia's shoes.
Darkly sexual scenes work really well, the bdsm is the icing on the cake.
Cannot say how much I love this book, and love the
Michelle
Jun 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Controlling Darkness is the 4th book in the Control Series. I have real all 4 of them and this series just gets better and better. Matthew and Sonia's story was great and I loved how they are not only strong but vulnerable too. We get to read about their dark pasts and go on their journey to happiness with them. This is a beautifully written story with great characters. This author has an original writing style and I look forward to reading the next book by this author. I voluntarily reviewed an ...more
Gladys
Jun 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Controlling Darkness by Anna Edwards is book four in the Control Series. Sonia and Mathew both harbor dark secrets from their pasts. Together they have amazing chemistry and a very complex relationship. Anna Edwards provides a well written roller coaster ride of emotions and suspense.
This book will grab you from the start and take you on a journey you do not want to end. A super
read. I voluntarily reviewed an ARC copy of this book.
Colleen
Jun 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was my first book for this author. I am hooked. Def need to read the first three of this series which I already downloaded.

I loved how the relationship developed between Sonia a new bodyguard and Matthew. Matthew is Mr. North's other bodyguard. I liked that the story revolved around the bodyguards it's a nice change.

Sonia's character has layers upon layers. Matthew is gentle yet firm with her. They are a perfect balance for each other.

Angst and BDSM two of my favorite things!
Maria Varley
Jul 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Amazing

This series just keeps getting better and better. This time I stead of James and Amy the story centers around the bodyguards Sonia and Matthew. Both have horrific pasts which hinder them in the beginning however Matthews past comes back to haunt him. Will the couple survive or will it break them find out in this amazing book
Pat
May 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is the fourth book in "The Control Series" and Anna Edwards did not disappoint with her usual well written storyline and the well developed characters that pulled you right into their story and kept me totally captivated until the very end! I absolutely loved Matthew and Sonya's characters and their chemistry together!

I voluntarily reviewed an advanced reader copy of this book.
Esther Alayeto
Jun 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book. Great storyline, very well written and developed. Matthew and Sonia are wonderful characters who need to work through issues from their past in order to move on. I love seeing them grow and learn to deal with their past as their story progresses. Great addition to a great series.
I voluntarily read an advanced reader copy of this book.
Katie Kearney
May 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book! The story line and characters were great. There's a lot of emotional roller coaster in this book. My only real complaint is that at times it seemed rushed and some scenes left me wanting more to them. But in all a great story. You fall in love right along Matthew and Sonia. You root for them. This is the 4 book in the series. I completely recommend it!
Heather Dee
Jul 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh I'm so glad Mathew and Sonia got their own book woo hoo ...
Awesome action packed alpha male and female book steamy sexy bits too I couldn't put it down !
Paula Genereau
Jul 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book was amazing. I couldn't put it down. I loved Sonia. She's one tough and brave lady. This story will have you begging for more.
Bea Brugge
Jul 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was the second book that I've read by Anna. I was an immediate fan after reading the 1st book. She has such a way of captivating the reader. I know that when I have one of her books that I will sit and read it in 1 sitting.

In Controlling Darkness, Matthew shows Sonia the true meaning of love with a side of naughty on the side. They have such great chemistry and force each other to deal with past demons. The naughty side in the book was quite amazing, spiking an interest to read more.

Well
Hanan
Jun 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is my first read by Ms. Edwards.
Controlling Darkness is part of a series. But can definitely be read as a standalone.
In Controlling Darkness we meet Sonia and Matthew.
They are skilled bodyguards and both of them have painful pasts.
Matthew is determined to find out about Sonia's secrets knowing he can help her.
The book has action,drama and very steamy scenes. A lot which included BDSM.
The chemistry between Matthew and Sonia is off the charts and hot.
I also really enjoyed the friendship and l

Control (6 books)
  • Surrendered Control (Control #1)
  • Divided Control (Control #2)
  • Misguided Control (Control #3)
  • Controlling Heritage (Control #5)
  • Controlling the Past