Start by marking “Right Here, Right Now” as Want to Read:
Right Here, Right Now

Right Here, Right Now

Accountant and financial advisor Lacey Chamberlain doesnt consider herself a control freak. Shes merely a plannerorderly, neat, and content in her tidy little life. When a marketing firm moves into the empty office next door, the loud-music-playing, stinky-food-ordering, kickball-in-the-hall staff make Lacey crazy.
Marketing expert Alicia Wright is spontaneous, flies by the
Paperback
Published December 12th 2017 by Bold Strokes Books

To ask other readers questions about Right Here, Right Now, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Right Here, Right Now

Start your review of Right Here, Right Now
Diane Wallace
Nov 09, 2017 rated it liked it
'Netgalley ARC provided by The Publisher in exchange for a fair and honest review'

To those readers who has ever run their hands through a dogs' fur,felt the big sloppy kiss on their cheeks or gazed into the depths of their eyes well they will appreciate this book because one of the leading characters' dog/housepet takes up most(60%) of this story and it showed the remarkable bonding between all the characters. Weird,frustrating and meh! When your protagonist(Lacey) thinks of herself as too needy
Lex Kent
Nov 15, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: f-f-bsb-romance
Im a fan of Beers, she has been writing great lesfic for over 16 years. I have a lot of respect for her writing career. Unfortunately, this book is not one of my favorites. Its really right down the middle being just an okay read.

Lacey is an accountant set in her ways. When a new advertising firm moves in next door to her office, they quickly get on her nerves. But as much as she complains, she cant take her eyes off of the firms boss Alicia. Is there a chance at a relationship or are they just
Kara
Feb 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Right Here, Right Now is, like many books by Georgia Beers, entertaining and yet left me with the feeling that there was just some spark missing that would have made the book even better. Or, perhaps with all the lesfic tropes included, it just lacked focus.

We have:
- workaholic vs. relationship
- Im not good enough for this great woman
- Im not good enough for my father
- lack of communication between the MCs
- friends are overly protective of one of the MCs, to the point of one being an utter jerk
Corporate Slave
Apr 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Cute romance :) 3.5 rounded up to 4 because of the dog :)
Honestly I dont have a lot to say about this one, but if ur looking for a quick read thats not complicated and its just cute then go for this one.
Linda
A light lovely read. Got lost in the book and finished it in one sitting. Beers book is always a good read - at least for me :) I dont get to read many books with MC as accountant (where the story is relayed in her POV) and I wanted to get a feel of how we accountants are being viewed/portrayed. The usual stereotype, I must say - dull, mundane, structured creatures. Story started slowly and gets emotional towards the ending which makes me teary. All in all, I throughly enjoyed it!

Ratings - 4.25
Corrie
Georgia Beers tried her damndest to make accounting look sexy... and it never will be. Ever.

So for the first 50% of the novel Book Club Buddie D. and I were stuck in Lacey's office doing the groundhog version of tax returns and it was getting mighty tedious. There were way too many repeats of Nascar Kyle, too much Mary stuffing her face with food (and never offering anything to Lacey who ate too little anyway), too much noisy interference from the next door office, too much Chinese take-out
Tiff
This one is difficult to write as I think Georgia Beers is a fine writer and has written novels that I absolutely adored. Right Here, Right Now is not my favorite of hers. I wanted so much more from this one.

My main issue with this book is the repetitive nature. The main character, Lacey Chamberlain, is an accountant and financial advisor. When the book begins Lacey's in an accountant's busiest time, tax season. So many times, I mean so many, the reader has subjected the length of Lacey's day,
Alexis
I read this in one sitting. Not because it was that good. In fact there were several moments that made me seriously wonder what the author was thinking. The book was funnier than I expected though. I liked Lacey quite a bit. She reminded me a lot of Jolie Garoul in Ambereye. She's like the human version of grumpy cat and there were several moments where I found myself laughing because she's so uptight. I know some readers might find that irritating but I thought it was funny. However she did ...more
Stephanie
Nov 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
I quite enjoyed this book. I found the writing quite successfully painted the picture of an uptight, set in her ways Accountant. Which made her seduction by the "live for today" carefree spirit all the more funny and sweet. I thought the chemistry was great and characters were well developed and believable. There were interesting secondary characters that added a lot of depth.

Solid read for me.

I received an ARC of this book from the publisher via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.
Rosi
Nov 20, 2017 rated it liked it
I have finished this book and my sensation is that it has one chapter missing or at least an epilogue. The story is complete but a little bit more extended ending would have been much appreciated. The pace starts a bit slow but is somehow adequated, given the personality of Lacey that stars most of the book. Not only that, Lacey is also the narrator of the story, whereby is her point of view that guides us along the book. And as Alicia has a complicated personality, caused by some hard events in ...more
Heidi
Oct 19, 2017 rated it liked it
I love Georgia Beers stories. This book didn't grab me as much as most, for that reason I give it 3 1/2 stars. I didn't feel the chemistry between the characters, except when they were intimate. They had tension but for most of the book I didn't want them to get together. Thought they make great friends, but not sure they can last as a couple. Liked the side story about sibling rivalry and how they bonded.
Yoly
Nov 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
Georgia Beers is one of my favorite lesfic authors, so as soon as a new book by her is available I must read it right away. As usual with her novels, the characters are likable and sweet and the romance develops at a nice steady pace, it doesn't feel rushed.

This book made me cry a bit (for me, thats always a good sign). I liked that it wasnt that predictable. Sure, we know the typical formula of a romance novel, and this one follows it to a T, but at the same time it surprised me quite a bit.
Les Rêveur
Dec 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Well honestly I wasnt expecting the book I just read, there was more than one occasion that the storyline would go down an avenue that was unexpected and it just made it all the more exciting.

Lacey is a hard working, motivated and dedicated accountant. Shes got her life plan and she sticking to it. That is until devil may care, Alicia moves into the office space next door. Her unconventional way of doing things has Lacey a little more than just intrigued.

I thought this would be a nice light
Pippa D
Nov 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lesbian-romances

Lacey Chamberlain is an accountant and financial advisor. Stuck in the middle of tax season hell, she manages with long hours and the steady discipline of avoiding change.

So when a marketing and design firm move in next door, complete with loud music, hot food at all hours and football in the corridor, Laceys life has to change. It doesnt help that the owner of the new business is the seriously hot Alicia Wright, who seems to be encouraging Lacey to explore her fun side at every
MJS
Jan 05, 2018 rated it liked it
ARC received via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

Im a Beers fan, but the last few of her books Ive read werent my favourites, this one isnt perfect, but I liked it more than her other more recent stories. This reminded me of Starting from Scratch in tone.

Its told from Laceys POV and that does present some issues, in that Lacey is an accountant and its tax time when the book starts, which does lead to more descriptions of taxation related things than I ever wanted to know.

Gaby LezReviewBooks
Dec 23, 2017 rated it liked it
Right here, right now' is the story of Lacey, a control freak accountant who finds peace in the predictability of numbers and Alicia, her new office neighbour whose motto is to live in the moment. As expected, their opposite personalities initially collide but their neighbourly relationship suddenly changes into friendship and the possibility of something more. Will Lacey's control obsession and Alicia's fear of commitment get in their way?

In my opinion, this book could be divided in two: before
Margaret
Jan 06, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: l-words
Detailed score: 3.25

Reading this book was like wading through quicksand. Theres not anything horribly bad about it...but there was very little compelling me to keep reading either.

Other reviewers have said it - and I totally agree - if only as much time was spent on building the relationship as was spent describing the ins and outs of tax time or Laceys relationship with her dog.

None of the plot points thrown up really go anywhere and the minor barrier to love is resolved with one of the most
Starsandsun18
Nov 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Im actually torn between 3 and 4. But since I like this more than her last book I would give this a chance.
Lacey is somewhat described as a boring kind of girl. Literally boring with a KJ vibe. Shes the type of person you dont want to go with on a long road trip or a party.
But to be fair, the moment she met Alicia, she kind of mellowed down. I guess, with the right person that can be exciting too.
Alicia - shes everything you want. Shes cool, very easy to be with but deep down shes really
Danni Mladenovic
Dec 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I have to say this one goes up the list of my favs from Georgia Beers, a long with Too close to touch, A little bit of spice and Run to you. I also found myself congratulating Lacey on her patience, because if I had so much noise in the office next to me, Id probably have a nervous breakdown!!! Of course, having Alicia around helped a lot I guess! 🙂 I was very fond of this book because it starts funny and casual but ends up being so emotional and heart-wrenching. Alícia has had so much hurt and ...more
Pam Holzner
Dec 08, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
I bought this on kindle + audible. Page McKinney narrated it and I had mixed reactions. She has one voice that I really like and I'm less fond of the other. Probably it's all due to interference because when I listen to her, I hear Strawberry Summer instead of the current book.

So I didn't love this one. We start with a 1st person POV. Our narrator seems kind of like a boring stick in the mud for much of the book. And our other heroine appears to bedazzle our narrator but I was not finding her
Elske
Jun 30, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Liked it but not as much as some of her others. Still it was written well and was worth my time and money.
Tara
Lacey and Alicia are officially my new favourite couple by Georgia Beers. Theyre a perfect opposites-attract pairing, with Alicias live in the moment way of life in total contrast to Laceys predictable, rule-following lifestyle. Because Right Here, Right Now is told in the first person from Laceys perspective, we learn things when she does and we experience her character growth right alongside her.

Full review: http://www.thelesbianreview.com/right...
Penelope
Dec 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
An honest review thanks to NetGalley. I could not put this book down, it felt like only an hour went by and I was done. It felt so real, the situations, the connection between the two characters. The only thing that prevented this book from becoming a five star out of this world read was Alicia. I loved her but once May hit I was taken by surprise. I didn't think there was enough lead up for me to expect that she might pull away, it was a surprise and not a good one. It sullied the ending and ...more
Danni Mladenovic
Alena
Nov 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction, queer
Netgalley

Beers used to be a writer whose books I tended to love without reservation. Lately, not so much. I wasn't a fan of her series and even DNFed book 3 (something I never thought would happen with one of her books).

So I picked this up with some trepidation.

But I knew from page one that I would like this a lot and I wasn't disappointed and that had me kind of in a giddy state while reading. While at the same time being hit with all the feels. It sure was a ride.

The only thing that bugged me
Samantha Luce
May 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
3.5 rounded up to 4 stars. Georgia Beers is a great author. She injects humor, a good dose of angst, romance, and day to day life in her books. This one is no exception. The subject matter was a little boring here and there (accounting practices) and there was a little too much dog interaction for my taste, but overall a good read with a believable romance.

ARC received for a review.
Alealea
Jun 19, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: f-f, romance
Hmm I did end up rounding it up to three, with a lot of hesitation.

It's a pretty standard romance between Bitchy and serious / Funny and impulsive
The family, friends, coworkers and dog are there.

I was a bit queazy by the stuck-up-one passiveness when she's blindsided by her BF into a blind date but doesn't clarify to the other party that half her brain is already gone to the neighbour-from-work-gal... Weird.

The personal drama history is well introduced, but way over the top.
The boom at 85%
Dreaming
Nov 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Georgia Beers was the first lesfic author whose books I bought and read one by one after discovering the genre. For a long time I read everything by her but then there were some books that didn't give me the same experience. Right Here, Right Now is right there with her best books, a very enjoyable read with a good buildup and a satisfying ending.
I expected the other character to have issues than the one actually having them but that gave a nice surprise and when I had to stop reading due to a
Amanda
Apr 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love this author. This was an easy pick for me, as I like to own her books in both ebook and audiobook form. Not a lot of authors are like that for me, but her books are typically good in both formats. This one actually is one of my favorites by her. I loved the characters, including the secondary ones. They made the book enjoyable, and I liked the writing. I spent my holidays reading new releases and this was my favorite out of the bunch. I will for sure read this one again in the future.
Ayse
Jan 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lgbt-romance
Another great one by Georgia beers. It was a nice reminder of what good writing and character development are like after reading some other romances that are just painful to get through. Beers really is one of my favorite lesbian romance authors.
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• 30 Dates in 30 Days
  • Back to September
  • Wrong Number, Right Woman
  • Love Like This (Seven Shores, #4)
  • Beautiful Dreamer
  • Just Three Words (Soho Loft, #2)
  • It's Not a Date
  • Entangled
  • Temptation
  • Hearts Like Hers (Seven Shores, #2)
  • Irregular Heartbeat
  • To the Moon and Back
  • The X Ingredient
  • Sparks Like Ours (Seven Shores, #3)
  • Sunsets and Shades (Sunsets and Shades, #1)
  • Breaking Character
  • The Roommate Arrangement
  • Popcorn Love
Lambda and Golden Crown Literary Award-winning author Georgia Beers lives in Rochester, New York. She has been writing for as long as she can remember, and published her first lesbian novel in 2000.

News & Interviews