Start by marking “I Hate Fairyland, Vol. 3: Good Girl” as Want to Read:
I Hate Fairyland, Vol. 3: Good Girl

I Hate Fairyland, Vol. 3: Good Girl

(I Hate Fairyland #3)

Gert finally realizes that being such a murderous maniac might be the reason she's not been able to find her way out of the candy-coated world of Fairyland that has been her nightmare for over forty years. She sets off on a new quest to redeem herself and tries to earn her way back home with good deeds and kindness and love and whatever other mushy, touchy-feely things she ...more
Published October 24th 2017 by Image Comics

To ask other readers questions about I Hate Fairyland, Vol. 3, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Hate Fairyland, Vol. 3

Start your review of I Hate Fairyland, Vol. 3: Good Girl
Sam Quixote
Oct 19, 2017 rated it liked it
Gertie’s still stuck in Fairyland looking for a way out. Could she finally escape if the murderous lil’ psychopath does the unthinkable: become a… Good Girl???

Like the second volume, the third I Hate Fairyland book is just ok. The “Gertie getting home” storyline is definitely feeling stale at this point and her attempts at being “good” aren’t that interesting. She goes to a fantasy con and meets her biggest fan, fights shiitake mushroom samurais, and goes up against a Jareth from Labyrinth past
Chelsea (chelseadolling reads)
This series is PHENOMENAL. Omg. I’m obsessed.
Heidi The Reader
Jun 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Skottie Young's gorgeously-drawn and cleverly-written comic series I Hate Fairyland continues in Volume 3: Good Girl.

Gert is still desperately trying to get home and kill as many cute and fuzzy things as possible while she does so.

But first, she wants to meet her favorite marauding hero, Gwag, a hard-core barbarian at Dungeon Festexpocon!

"This line is ridiculous. Why in the world would anyone want to spend all their time, energy, and money to attend Dungeon Festexpocon just to wait in lines the
✘✘ Sarah ✘✘ (former Nefarious Breeder of Murderous Crustaceans)
Gert is the loveliest, most beautifully, murderously deranged (and derangedly murderous) forty year old woman in a six year old's body that ever was and ever will be. And that, my Little Barnacles, is a scientifically proven fact. Because I said so and stuff.

Also, she's got the coolest hero ever.

Also also, she's a bloody shrimping ninja. Sorry, I meant samurai. Then again maybe not. Opinions seems to differ as to Slightly Homicidal Gert's status these days. But the fact remains, a delightfully d
Chad
Mar 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018
Gertie realizes being bad is getting her nowhere in her quest to return home and takes a stab at being good. Yeah, we all know how that is going to go. I found this book funnier that the last one, particularly all the riffs on trying to be good. There's a Labyrinth and Lone Wolf and Cub homages along with a Comicon story. All in all pretty great. Young and his colorist, Jean-Francois Beaulieu, continue to delight with their cute but gory art and syrupy sweet colors.
Alejandro
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Good Gertrude? Run for your lives!

Gertrude has tried to be bad, reaaaaaaaaaallyyyyyyy baaaaaaaad, trying to find a way to come back to her real life and escaping from Fairyland...

...so, if bad isn't working...

...well, let's try to be good!

Have mercy of us!

Since after all, it's Gertrude, so even being honestly good...

...karma is a bitch and Gertrude has A LOT of karma to pay for!

Julie Zantopoulos
Nov 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
When Bowie as Jareth shows up in a graphic novel series you are binge reading, it’s immediately a 5star read. Loving Gertrude and her badass, ruthless, sassy self. The pop culture references and the throwback nods are amazing!
Calista
Surprise, this series is growing on me. I enjoyed this one. I think it has to do with the ending when Gertrude turns good and she finishes her quest and gets the key to go home. She ends up somewhere different - a cliff hanger - you have to read it. I can't believe they left us hanging like that. Tears.

The first part of the book Gertrude is trying to complete a quest to be good to make up for the bad she has done by getting to the center of a labyrinth and find the balls. There is still blood an
Donovan
Oct 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Gertrude realizes that maybe being bad has kept her trapped in Fairyland all these years. So she tries being good, to the best of her ability, which isn’t great. And it’s naturally cute and hilarious to watch because, of course, it doesn’t go very far.

Larry Wentsworth, her guide, imagines life if he never met Gertrude. And it’s a funny and insightful fantasy break.

As usual, the plot isn’t crazy deep. It’s more about the jokes afforded by this wonderfully wacky world and the incredible artwork.
Tyler J Gray
I am still loving this series and I can officially say i'm obsessed with it! Gert falls into fairyland as a child, and is unable to find her key to get out and over 30 years later she's still stuck in fairyland and is mad as fluff! It's violent, it's gory, it's hilarious, and it's so not for kids despite the candy-like colors! Gert just wants OUT of fluffing fairyland and her guide Larry, a fly, is pretty fed up too. Though I loved getting to see more into his thoughts as well!

I love sassy Gert
Holly (Holly Hearts Books)
Dec 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own
MOTHER FLUFFER! I DON’T WANT THIS TO BE OVER!! This was phenomenal and I pray to the fairyland gods that there will be a volume 4 in the future. I need this series to continue!
Mike
Apr 10, 2018 rated it it was ok
Nice twist at the end of this volume. Should be good for another volume but this will soon "jump the shark" for me.

Color and art is fun, but there is no longer any charm in the illustrations, attitude or language of "Bad Gertie" for me

The Seasonal Reading Challenge Spring 2018 Task 5.4 - Avanos Hair Museum
I Hate Fairyland, Vol. 3: Good Girl has human hair visible on the cover.
Trish
Jul 06, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read this despite the heavy drop in quality between volumes 1 and 2. Why? Because some people I know read it and said it got good again. And did it? Yes and no.

Yes, this was a bit more entertaining than the last.
No, it was still nowhere near as good as the first and we got some repetitions (or that is what it felt like for me - stuff to drag it out).

I don't know. Maybe it's because this sort of story was never made to be stretched out over so many volumes. Maybe this can only last for a short
Shadowdenizen
Oct 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics-other
Another fun read, though they definitely need to find a new plotline beyond the Gert wants to go home.

Skottie Youngs visuals continue to impress, and the Larry-centric episode is among the best of the series.

And the last panel of the last issue got me really excited for the next arc.
Ronyell
Fairyland

Introduction:

So, after I finished reading “I Hate Fairyland Volume Two: Fluff My Life,” I just had to read the third volume of Skottie Young’s hilarious “I Hate Fairyland” series called “Good Girl” and I was curious about why the cover was showing a HAPPY, CUTE EYED Gertrude and what that was all about! Well, I must say that “I Hate Fairyland Volume Three: Good Girl” was definitely an unexpected step up from the second volume!

What is this story about?

It seems like after the events of th
L. McCoy
Remember how I said volume 2 is not as good as the first volume? I still think that but this is AT LEAST as good as the first volume!

What’s it about?
Gert realizes something that she should have noticed a long time ago. Being a sadist slashing the fluff out of everything doesn’t work. She decides that perhaps she’ll become a good girl and that will get her home.

Why it gets 5 stars:
The story is quite interesting. Seeing a previously vicious character try to make the sudden change to squeaky clean
Melissa Chung
Mar 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
I’ve praised this graphic novel twice now on its hilarious dialogue, super cute illustrations and all the blood and gore. Not to mention it takes place in Fairyland.

This was great. We got to learn what would have happened to Larry if he hadn’t got Gert as his first “job”. Can Gert finally become good and earn her way back home?!?

Can’t wait to read volume four!!
Lesa Divine
Aww Gertrude wants to do good. Believing if she does good she can find her key and go home.
Loved it. Very funny too. Of course can't get over how gross and pretty the graphic design is.
Bookishrealm
Nov 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book was just as hilarious as the first two volumes. I can't go into detail, but I can say that Gert is just as funny as she has been and that we get introduced to a crazy plot line involving some crazy characters. The artwork was just as amazing and vibrant as before and I genuinely cannot wait to get my hands on the fourth volume. And can I just say I feel so bad for Larry haha he went through so much in this volume.
Anja
Mar 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.5
Artwork amazing as always.
Story makes me wonder - again - about the shrooms Skottie Young seems to digest/inhale :'D
Not my fave volume tho.
Andrea Way
Mar 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
OMG this was amazing and that ending. Gert the good was great. The seen in the labyrinth made laugh so hard I cried. Can’t wait for vol.4. Hopefully we’ll have it soon.
Bexnbookx
Feb 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Want to see me talk about books? Check out my Youtube Channel: Bexnbookx

"Mother Fluffer!"

I Hate Fairyland. Vol. 3: Good Girl is colourful, murderous, and a hilarious read!

I Hate Fairyland: Good Girl follows on from Fluff My Life where Gertrude a six year old girl who dreams of going to a magical place, falls into Fairyland however can't find her way home. This follows on from volume two where Gertrude changes the way she approaches fairyland in an attempt to leave her own personal hell!

Art
Chris Lemmerman
Oct 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Gert's tired of murdering her way across Fairyland. She really wants to go home. Okay, new plan - what if she's really, really nice? (Yeah, that goes about as well as you'd expect)

Fairyland is an insane book, and these five issues continue in that trend. The opening issue puts Gert at Fairyland's version of Comic Con, which is hilarious, and there's an issue midway through that looks at what would have happened to Larry had he and Gert never met (spoilers: it doesn't turn out well). The other th
Cale
Oct 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Gert's attempt to turn to the right adds some coherence to this collection of issues that help push it back up to the quality of the first volume. There's Larry's alternate life, a painfully accurate (and hilarious) spoof of Labyrinth, a Lone Wolf and Cub homage, and an issue where Gert actually goes good, to unexpected consequences. A lot more hits than misses in this volume, and I'm not sure if the series even needs to continue on, although there is definitely an avenue for it. Still fun and d ...more
Completely Melanie
Feb 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved this as much as the 1st two! In this volume, Gertrude decides she is going to turn things around and be a "Good Girl" and then maybe her luck will change and she will finally be able to find her key and go home. OMG this ending just left my poor brain spinning!!! I did NOT see that coming!!!
Alison
Nov 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphic-novels
another great volume, I loved the cliffhanger and can't wait until the next one!
Madi
Nov 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
AHHH I LOVE THIS SERIES
Jenna
Dec 22, 2017 rated it it was ok
Wasn't a huge fan of this volume. The cliffhanger at the end is the only thing that might lead to me going on to try the next volume.
Kitkat
Apr 17, 2019 rated it liked it
Never mind this comic is just pure chaos and funny moments. There will be no character development.
Philip
Can't objectively call this the best book in the series (so far), but it's my favorite. I loved the backstory on Larry the Fly, and have to give a special shout-out to colorist Jean-Francois Beaulieu. His work has been outstanding from the first page, but he hits a new high in the "samurai" chapter. Coloring a world is always difficult; but then putting that world in a twilight setting is near impossible - darkening and graying down his colors to represent dusk and shadow...it's a lot more than ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• Oblivion Song, Vol. 3
  • Birthright, Vol. 4: Family History
  • Wayward, Vol. 3: Out from the Shadows
  • Demons (Rat Queens, #3)
  • Birthright, Vol. 5: Belly of the Beast
  • Manifest Destiny, Vol. 6: Fortis and Invisibilia
  • Saga, Vol. 9
  • Chew, Vol. 6: Space Cakes
  • Chew: The Omnivore Edition, Vol. 5
  • Chew, Vol. 9: Chicken Tenders
  • Isola, Vol. 2
  • Farmhand, Vol. 2: Thorne in the Flesh
  • High Fantasies (Rat Queens, #4)
  • Ice Cream Man, Vol. 3: Hopscotch Melange
  • Chew, Vol. 10: Blood Puddin'
  • Family Tree, Vol. 1: Sapling
  • Chew: The Omnivore Edition, Vol. 4
  • Saga, Vol. 8
Skottie Young has been an illustrator and cartoonist for over ten years working for entertainment and publishing companies such Marvel, Warner Bros., Image, Upper Deck, Mattel, and many more.

He is currently illustrating the New York Times Best Selling and Eisner Award Nominated adaptions of L. Frank Baum's OZ novels with writer Eric Shanower. The series has gained acclaim from both fans and criti

I Hate Fairyland (5 books)
  • I Hate Fairyland, Vol. 1: Madly Ever After