Start by marking “Silas (Sutton Ranch, #1)” as Want to Read:
Silas (Sutton Ranch, #1)

Silas

(Sutton Ranch #1)

For four years, Silas Anderson has fought the urge to chase Mirabelle Sutton, knowing his rejection is what caused her to run. She left the ranch, a shy, inexperienced teenager, but the bold, confident woman who’s returned is so much more than his best friend’s little sister. She exceeds his every dream.

But life on a ranch stops for nothing, not even death, and proving t
Published April 30th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Silas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Silas

Start your review of Silas (Sutton Ranch, #1)
Hanne
Apr 30, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: new-adult
Mirabelle just lost the only family member she had left. She returns home after being away for years. She graduated college and she isn’t sure where to search for a job. Her brother wanted her back home, but she didn’t want to see Silas again. Mirabelle has a crush on Silas for many years, but Silas rejected her and she was devastated. What Mirabelle doesn’t know, is that Silas has a big crush on Mirabelle and wants to be with her. Now that Mirabelle is back, Silas will fight for her and isn’t l ...more
Amy
Apr 27, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 Stars for me

This is another great lunch break quickie. Not much bulk to it, but enough to keep you entertained while reading.

Mira left the ranch life as soon as she could. Her heart was broken there was no need to stay and feel that hurt day after day. When her brother dies, she returns home to take care of his affairs, the ranch, and possibly mend her broken heart.

Silas is happy to have her home, he made Dalton a promise to look after her. To take care of her and tell her that he loves her
Brittany Johnson
What a wonderful western romance!
This was a wonderful and in my opinion to short! I want more lol! Silas the main character and Maribelle have not seen each other for years and Maribelle is returning to the ranch where she grew up on, in some very sad circumstances. They don't have the best relationship... at first .... but man let me tell you they sizzle when they have their first meet up!
This read had all the emotional elements spot on you can feel what the author was writing and wanting you
Coco.V
Mar 16, 2020 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
🎁 The Sutton Ranch Series (2 book series) is FREE on Amazon today (3/16/2020)! 🎁
Lori R.
Apr 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I thoroughly enjoyed this second chance romance! It hooked me from the beginning and I wanted to devour every single page until the very end. Lovable characters, fun banter, plenty of steam, and a perfect, little HEA.

The writing style of his author made it easy to get lost in the pages, making me feel as if I were a part of the story.

Silas is a super delicious cowboy who definitely made my lady bits happy. And Mirabelle... she is sexy & sassy - the perfect heroine. The sparks flew when these t
Shelley
Apr 28, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a standalone book that takes place on a Colorado horse ranch. It hits lifelong friend to lovers, best friend's little sister and second chance love story lines.

Maribelle fled the ranch just after her 18th birthday to Maryland, where she attended a university without trips home during her college career. At the start of the book she just graduated.

Silas was raised along with Mirabelle and her older brother, Dalton. The horse ranch is the only life he has known and Dalton is his best frien
Carol Seymour
Apr 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Taryn Plendl has done it again. She is an amazing and versatile writer. She chose to write a "cowboy" story that touched my heart. A second chance romance that pulls at your heart strings. Mirabelle must return to the only home she has ever known when tragedy strikes her family. She fled her family's ranch in Colorado to pursue an education at a college in Baltimore and to flee "HIM", Silas. Taryn Plendl's stories have something for everyone. She even included a subject close to my heart in this ...more
FunUndertheCovers
Cathy
Apr 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I had never read Taryn before and jumped at the chance to read her newest book. I fell in love with her writing style and characters. What began as the absolute worst thing to experience, the death of your sole remaining family member turned into a worse moment for Mirabelle who had to deal with her brother's best friend, Silas. Through joint heartbreak, with the help of masterfully crafted supporting characters (I love Caroline) the truth comes out. How can two of the stubbornest people you wil ...more
Robin Powers
Apr 26, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.25 Stars! This was my first book by Taryn Plendl and a cowboy second-chance romance! I haven't read a cowboy story in so long. I have to say Silas was definitely the perfect man. He falls for his best-friend's sister but holds back and does the honorable thing. Does that endear him to Mirabelle? Well, not exactly. She RUNS! ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! One misunderstanding sets up years of separation and tragedy brings Silas and Mirabelle back together. This was a sweet romance where wires get uncross ...more
Karie Gibson
Apr 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book had my attention from the first page and I finished it in one sitting. Silas loved Mira for years but never told her. Heartbreak had her running. Loss had her returning. The two of them together was like waiting for a volcano to erupt. Their love for one another was strong but they were both stubborn. This book made me laugh, cry and fall in love. If you love a sexy alfa cowboy this is the one for you.
Shawn
Apr 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This books starts out with a tragic event that will bring two stubborn people back into each others orbit. It turned in to a sweet country romance full of emotions.

Silas and Mira are both dealing with loss and hurt. But I think together they can make it through anything.

This is a story full of love and hope!

I will be anxiously waiting to see how Taryn plans to tame the next cowboy!!
Annie
Apr 25, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a fun and fast read. The characters are very likable and the story is very well written.
I'm not usually into cowboy romances and second chance books and this one is both, but I throughly enjoyed the story and the storytelling.
It is fun and sexy and I'm looking forward to reading the other characters' books.
Kerry Richardson
This is a quick read but it was very enjoyable. I loved the characters and the story and I'm looking forward to reading the next instalment of this series. ...more
Maura
Jul 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I read this book during release week and apparently I never hit "submit" on the review so here it is...

Silas - The Sutton Ranch Series Book 1 by Taryn Plendl - 5 stars

From the dedication: "To my mom. Thank you for loving me unconditionally, even when you wanted to choke the crap out of me." to the acknowledgements I read every word that was written in this book.

Mirabelle has been away from ho0me for a while and has come home after the loss of her brother, things don't look too good when she run
Dominus~
Jun 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Reading for Summer Bingo Reading Challenge

I came into this blind again, most of the books I'll be reading for this challenge, I have no idea what I'll get into. The story started with Mirabelle going back to her hometown because her brother died. And this is where it'll start, when she meets his brother's friend, Silas, again.

The main problem in the story is a big MISCOMMUNICATION and a little dash of PRIDE. The way the problem was solved is something I loved. (view spoiler)
Juliana Ignácio
Mar 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was the first book I read by Taryn Plendl and I simply loved it! This book has caught my attention from the beginning.
This story begins with a tragic event that brings Mirabelle back home, where she finds Silas, her brother's best friend.
Silas and Mirabelle are dealing with the loss and hurts of the past.
They grew up together, but Mirabelle left for college after being rejected by Silas, and when she returns, the feelings between them remain there.
Silas has always had a crush on Mirabelle,
Patti Schmotzer
Mar 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
I am giving this 4.5 stars, the only reason for that is I wish it was just longer. I love this series. Silas is fun and witty. Silas is a quick read but the book is full of emotion. With the death of Mira's brother and Silas' best friend bring Mira back to the ranch and the man she did everything to run from. The tension between Silas and Mira is one that we all can relate to, friends turned to lovers. If you want a quick fun read with a hot cowboy(s) this book is a must-read. I can not wait to ...more
Sherry Bohrmueller
Mar 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
For me there is nothing better than a HEA cowboy story. This book was a very good story, a little too short, but still a complete story. It definitely is a story where you will need a Kleenex once or twice, it will bring tears to your eyes. I love the cover. A new author for me but I enjoyed her writing style, the story flowed great.
Shannon Stuckey
Apr 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Great second chance romance

Silas was the first book I have read by Taryn Plendl but will definitely not be my last. After tragedy brings Silas and Mirabelle back together after four years, they final get their chance for a happily ever after. I truly enjoyed reading this book and highly recommend it.
Kate
Mar 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Sweet read with a Alpha cowboy what more can you ask for. I enjoyed this read was entertaining emotional. My only criticism or feedback could have drawn out the ‘Rick’ situation longer more things happen over time would have made it a bit more suspenseful. Other then that a great read
Keriann Hoover
Mar 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Silas

I have a great love for stubborn characters, and Mirabelle had stubbornness in spades. She was also secure and smart enough to listen when Silas spoke. A sweet story, with a sad beginning.
Pamela
Mar 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Silas: The Sutton Ranch Series Book 1

This was a very well written book I enjoyed the characters it was funny, sad and full of love and drama. I will be reading more of your books.
Bookshelf Obsessions
Apr 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Holy Hot Cowboy

Silas is book one in the Sutton Ranch series by Taryn Plendl. This was also the first book I have read by this author and it will not be the last! I am absolutely in love with this book! These characters broke my heart and mended it back together with all the squishy moments littered throughout.

Mirabelle Sutton has been in love with her brother's best friend for as long as she can remember. After Silas Anderson rejected her, she ran. She did everything in her power to stay gone w
Tina Morgan
Apr 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was pulled in by this book from the beginning and even though I wanted to cry from the start and even in some spots in this book was sad not all was. And Silas shew lord that man even though he can put his foot in his mouth at times once he gets it right he gets it all right!!! And Mira is as stubborn as the day is long but she's finally where she belongs but is it where she ran off to or back at home? The background on the characters are spot on you know exactly what they have been through an ...more
Sassy Southern
Apr 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
2OCC Reviews
Jul 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: jessica
I love reading about a good sexy cowboy. I only skimmed the description so I wasn't really sure what I was getting into but I liked the story.

Silas and Mira grew up together but after a falling out there was bad blood between them. I'm always love a hate to love type story, and that's what we got. Both main characters were different but had a stubborn streak a mile wide and I really liked that.

The plot was fast paced but well written. You can take the girl off the ranch but you can't take the r
Tara Smith
Apr 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Mirabelle has been gone from the ranch for four years, running to the big city. When tragedy strikes , Mira must come home to the ranch and the face she ran from. Silas. Silas is the true definition of a cowboy. Rugged, strong, hard working and sexy. Not to mention stubborn and bossy.

Stunning!! That is the first word that comes to mind when thinking about this book. Simply stunning. The impeccable writing draws you so far into the book that you can actually see the characters and feel all their
Gina
May 02, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Silas was a heartwarming story about two people who have known each other most their lives and are reunited when tragedy strikes. Both Silas and Maribelle have very rough childhoods. They both learned about loss at a very young age so it seemed fitting as to why that's the reason they reunite.

This is a pretty quick read. It very straight forward and to the point. We did get a little back story into these two characters but I would have loved more.

I did enjoy the storyline and the characters. C

• Hannah Cocker (Cocker Brothers #7)
  • Sofia Sol Cocker (Cocker Brothers, #12)
  • Emma Cocker (Cocker Brothers #10)
  • Jack, Troy, Marion (Cocker Brothers #17.5)
  • Out of Formation
  • Calamity Rayne: Gets A Life
  • Stalking His Claim
  • The Bribe (Calamity Montana #1)
  • Love, Lust & a Millionaire (Wyatt Brothers, #1)
  • Healing Her Cowboy (Montana Secrets #1)
  • Caden Cocker (Cocker Brothers, #16)
  • One Chance (Hogan Brothers #1)
  • Havoc's Mate (Badlands Territory #2)
  • Sexy Stranger
  • One Choice (Hogan Brother's, #2)
  • The Storyteller
  • Sweet Like Candy
  • His Ward
Taryn is a USA Today Bestselling Author who is also a lover of books and wine, usually enjoying them together. Writing has been a way for her to step away from chaotic reality and live a bit through her fun and sometimes damaged characters. You will almost always find a Happy Ever After at the end of her stories. She can't help it, it's an addiction.
She enjoys spending time with her friends and fa

Sutton Ranch (2 books)
  • Nate (Sutton Ranch, #2)