Start by marking “Hot Shot (North Ridge, #3)” as Want to Read:
Hot Shot (North Ridge, #3)

Hot Shot (North Ridge #3)

4.03  ·  Rating details ·  2,343 Ratings  ·  324 Reviews
Delilah Gordon has a secret.

She’s been in love with her best friend and the boy next door, Fox Nelson, since she was six years old.

And while most of her friends and family know about her unrequited crush, the one person who remains oblivious is Fox himself. To Delilah, it’s better this way. She’d rather pretend that they’re just friends, even though her feelings for the mo
Published January 9th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Hot Shot, please sign up.
Terri Lynn yes, you can, I read this has alot of the other characters from the other 2 books, but this can be read as a stand alone

Christy
Jun 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
5 stars!

“description”/
Loving Fox is all I’ve ever known.

I adore friends to lovers stories, and I’ve been waiting for Del and Fox’s story since I first read about the Nelson brothers. I wasn’t disappointed. This was by far my favorite book in the series and my first five star book of the year (YAY!)

Delilah Gordon has been in love with Fox Nelson, her best friend, since they were kids. Fox is completely oblivious, even though everyone else seems to know Del has feelings for Fox. Fox has an extremely danger
Jenny••Steamy Reads Blog••

Now available!!! You don’t want to miss this one =))
******************************************
I was literally blown away at how much I fell in love with this amazing book!!!
My emotions in this book were on overload.

Fox Nelson and Delilah Gordon have been best friends since they were 6 years old. Growing up together, side by side, they should have been brother and sister. However, everyone around them knew the relationship between these two was anything but. BUT for years that is all it ever w
Maria✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦

➦Honestly though? I think this is my fave of Karina Halle's books to date. I love this series and I quite enjoyed the first two books but this one completely blew me away and will probably end up on my best of 2018 list. A tortured firefighter hero (are firefighters, in? :D) and a loved you since childhood trope. Add a bit of unrequited love into the mix and you got yourself a good amount of angst to generate some major FEELS!

➦I found it quite amazing that I bawled my eyes out in one chapter an
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

HOT SHOT: by Karina Halle is the third book in the North Ridge Series and even though it is part of a series each book can be read as a standalone. This one was the one I was highly anticipating. Spoken in 'Dual Perspectives'

I assumed that we would end up together at some point

Delilah has harboured feelings for Fox for as long as she can remember, growing up together though has it’s downfall because he’s always just seen her as a sister, his best friend, there was a time once when he did
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
LIVE https://www.amazon.com/Hot-Shot-North...

5 INTENSE STARS

"Love is wildfire."

This is by far my favorite book in this series!It has everything I wanted in a story and even more! Such an emotional,heartwarming,passionate and intense story!Their story is so addictive, I couldn’t get enough of Fox and Delilah!!

description

"Our eyes lock and I feel something else between us, a current fire that flickers and then wanes and then dissolves into ash."

Fox is one of my favorite heroes , omg my heart was aching for
Jemima
Jan 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
FOR GOODREADS

ARC

hotshot

Title: Hot Shot (North Ridge #3)
Author: Karina Halle
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Publication Date: January 9, 2018

I absolutely love a friends to lovers story! Hot Shot was an intense slow burn romance- The storyline was written so well...
It took me a while to fall for Fox, he was a difficult character to understand.  Del on the other hand, I loved her! I felt her pain and her disappointment.
No one said a friends to lovers story was going to be an easy one but damn! There were times when I wa
Jennifer Kyle
Jan 15, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.75 Stars
Jen
4.5 Stars

Love makes you foolish. Love makes you choose love.

Sweet baby jeezus, the feels with this one.

I ugly cried more times than I can count, let me tell you. The tears and odd looks from my family were more than worth it. I’ve been waiting for Delilah and Max for what seems like eons and you know what?

It was totally worth the wait.

This was headed towards the hugest of five stars. Unrequited friends to lovers romances hold a special place in my heart, and this story seemed especially suite
Arabella ~♡AB♡~
Moody, brooding Fox stole my heart in this one. His best friend Delilah has been in love with him since they were 6 years old and he hasn't got a clue, bless him!

Oh the angst in the first half of the book was delicious and painful, but the minute they come together changes everything for them, and what a scene that was, holy moly.

The rest of their journey was a tough one, but worth it in the end.

I've been looking forward to this story since the first in the series, and it was definitely my favo
Stacey is Sassy
A Hot Shot walked into a bar…

I read an angsty romance and I sometimes question how I’m supposed to believe that these people are capable of an HEA. If the hero is capable of breaking your heart at the romantic, love comes into bloom part of a relationship, what about when it’s a committed one? If a heroine can run scared at the first sign of trouble, how will she cope when things get tougher? I scoff at squabbles about paying the bill, needing their independence/private time and choosing friends
Alba and Her Secrets..♥
5 'Wildfire Love' Stars!
ARC provided by the author via Social Butterfly PR in exchange for an honest review.

Karina Halle sure knows how to start the year with a bang, everybody! Not only do I start the year with two 5-star ratings but also with a heartbreaking, at the same time beautifully heartfelt and super sexy love story. Karina has been teasing us about Fox and Del from the very beginning of this series and as you can imagine, I had crazy high expectations for this book. I am happy to say,
Malene
Dec 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, part-of-a-series
Ever since I had been introduced to Fox and Delilah in Wild Card I’d been patiently waiting for their story cause their wandering eyes and playful touching definitely caught my attention. Well I had to say I was somewhat surprised by how emotional heavy this story was and how much I enjoyed it.

I knew Fox was a moody and broody man but there had to be a reason for it and there was. I won’t reveal it cause the reason is heartbreaking and would take away the emotional punch from the story.
Delilah
Bani
Jan 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
"His heart. I just want his heart. I know he has one.
Something red and big and beautiful buried beneath layers of darkened ash"
Betul
**ARC provided in exchange for an honest review**

description

"She was always something separate, the girl next door, a light that would always lead me out of the black. She was my saving grace and the one constant thing I had in my life, the one person who could turn things around."

Hot Shot is my favorite book in the North Ridge series. I had been highly anticipating Delilah and Fox's story because both of them intrigued me. Especially Fox, because he was such a complex and intense person. He doesn
Eliza
Jan 08, 2018 rated it really liked it

★4.5 STARS★

Fox and Delilah’s story has been a longtime coming and one I’ve been highly anticipating. From the very first novel in the series it was obvious even as supporting characters that there was much more to their friendship then just, well, friendship.

Fox has never recovered from the death of his mother. The circumstances surrounding it had not only affected his childhood, but have carried on through to his adulthood also. He’s the most tormented of his brothers but finds much sought re
Shayna
“Even on my darkest days, she’s always been the sun.”

This was an unbelievably HEART-CLENCHING romance full of angst, passion, and absolute heartbreak. I wanted to look away from the hard parts because I wasn’t sure if my heart could take it, but my trust for this author won out in the end. She pulled me in and wrecked me with her words, but I love her even more for it!

I absolutely thrive off of deliciously emotional reads like these! I think for a romance reader like me, the subject of unrequi
Kathy West
Jan 12, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Major angst and awesome!!!

Talk about a book with major angst.
Fox and Delilah have a story that will pull at your heartstrings. They’ve known each other for years and Delilah has always deep down in her heart known that she loves him. Everyone else knows it too except Fox. Throughout the entire book there is a push and pull with them. One night will change everything. But is it enough to change Fox?
As you read the book you will come to learn that Fox has issues. And when he needs to man up and
Mandy
I LOVED this book! Fox and Del were amazing! The chemistry between them was off the charts, the steamy scenes so hot, and the romance was so worth the wait! The writing, the characters, the angst, the sexy time - every single thing about this book was complete perfection!
Jessica  (Angie & Jessica's Dreamy Reads)
I can't even say it enough: I LOVE THIS SERIES. Wild Card and Maverick are two of my absolute TOP FAVORITE Karina Halle books EVER. I don't know what it is about the North Ridge series, why I felt so much on these pages, why I clicked with it so instantly, why it's a personal favorite of mine but it's a world I just adored and one I never wanted to leave. Still, I went in fully prepared for Hot Shot not to live up to the first two books. I loved Wild Card so much, so I never expected Maverick to ...more
Alex ♈
AJ
“Love is wildfire.”

5 stars!

OMG, I love this book! Fox and Delilah’s story has been simmering in the background of the previous two books of the series, and while I have loved each of those stories – and this one can standalone - Karina Halle smacked it out of the park with this one! Finishing off the series with a heartwrenching, emotional, passionate, angsty and intense love story, and though it hurt at times, it was everything that I was hoping for.

My name is Delilah Gordon, and all my life
Andrea
Jan 21, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
As the saying goes...Love is blind....it sure is in this book!!!

Delilah is such a sweet girl, if the man you love doesn't see what a great girl you are, move on already!! Pfft! But like I said already Love is blind!

The man she loves is Fox Nelson, he risks his life every day in his job which of course is honorable. But how he treated Delilah was horrible!! Seriously!!

I repeat, love is blind!
Lea ★
ARC kindly provided by author.

And Karina did it again!
Hot Shot was actually my first 2018. read, and if every book will be this good, I have an awesome reading year ahead of me.
If you are familiar with Karina Halle's books, you won't be surprised if I say that this is another win.
I haven't read the blurb on purpose, because I knew she wouldn't let me down.
I received my ARC yesterday and jumped right in... some hours later, I was done. Yep, it was a sleepless night for me. I flipped the pages l
Wit & Wonder Books
**ARC provided by the author in exchange for an honest review**

An unrequited love that is on fire by Karina Halle in Hot Shot, the last in her North Ridge series. Emotional, passionate yet angsty and heartbreaking, Halle delivers a friends to lovers romance that took my breath away with every flip of the page.

Delilah Gordon and Fox Nelson have been friends for a lifetime. Growing up together, sharing secrets and leaning on one another was never an issue until Delilah felt a growing attraction f
Jan 05, 2018 rated it liked it
***ARC Provided by the Author and Social Butterfly PR***

Delilah and Fox have been friends for years, 27 to be exact...and they are a part of one another's lives and families, the kind of connection that has them going to one another's houses for meals or to help caring for pets.

The issue is, somewhere along the way, Delilah fell in love with Fox, while Fox kept seeing her as a friend.

Fox is a smoke jumper, with issues with things in his present and things in his past. The death of his mother, th
Mg ♥ The Bookishmedialite
Jan 09, 2018 rated it really liked it

4 "Must be FOX on the brain." stars

♫ Oh, and, babe, I'm fist-fighting with fire
Just to get close to you
Can we burn something, babe?
And I'll run for miles just to get a taste
Must be FOX on the brain. ♫

After finished reading Hot Shot I had this song on repeat! Seriously, guys, I channeled my inner Rihanna last night. Anyway, Hot Shot is officially my first reading of 2018. I knew Karina Halle was going to help me get out of my holiday reading slump. This is a story full of feeling, and Karina's
Susan (susayq ~)
Oh the angst!! This nearly killed my heart. Fox was so broody and stuck in his head and feeling guilt for something that wasn't his fault and Delilah just loved him and wanted nothing more than for him to love her back. There were several times I wanted to shake them, Fox especially. But he made up for it towards the end. I swooned and cried happy tears and it was beautiful!

Outstanding book! Definitely read this, and don't feel bad if you haven't read the others in the series, you can read this
Wendy ⏃: ✦●•CCBH Blogger•●✦
5 WILDFIRE STARS!

"Love is wildfire."

Delilah Gordon has loved Fox Nelson for 27 years. Fox, of course is oblivious and only sees Del as his best friend. *Cue the stab to the heart*

Fox Nelson is a North Ridge Hot Shot, fighting wildfires is his life. He faces hell up close and personal, always taking huge risks. Struggling with the death of his mother when he was a young boy, Fox is in this constant battle with his inner demons, but Delilah becomes the light and peace he needs to calm his soul
Heather Pollock
Jan 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
QueenZany 5 Star Review
Hot Shot
by Karina Halle

Hot Shot is deliriously complex, beautiful and soul defining story!
Where you will get lost in the wildfire of it all!
God this has to be my favorite all time Karina Halle!
She broke the mold she killed it and took my heart along the way!
Breathtaking beautiful spark of magic that just came alive!
Kisses that burn in my blood and light me on fire!
Karina Halle is a former travel writer & music journalist and The New York Times, Wall Street Journal & USA Today Bestselling author of The Swedish Prince, The Pact, Love, in English, The Artists Trilogy, Bad at Love & over 45 other wild and romantic reads. She lives on an island off the coast of British Columbia with her husband and her adopted pup Bruce, where she drinks a lot of win ...more
More about Karina Halle

North Ridge (3 books)
  • Wild Card (North Ridge, #1)
  • Maverick (North Ridge, #2)

Romance Deals

• The Wedding Shroud (Tales of Ancient Rome, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Release Me (Stark Trilogy, #1)
  • Better Off Without Him
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Veronica's Dragon (Icehome, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • No Prince Charming (Secrets of Stone Series Book 1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • A Loyal Heart (An Uncertain Choice, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Surrender (Steel Brothers Saga, #6)
    $7.99 $2.49
  • Forged in Smoke (Red-Hot SEALs, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunted (The Warrior Chronicles, #2)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Husband's Regret (Unwanted, #2)
  • Be My Reason
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Jewel (The Lone City, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Cuffed (Honor Bound Book 2)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • His Unlikely Lover (Unwanted, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Love Me Sweet (Bell Harbor, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forged in Ember (Red-Hot SEALs, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Taking Catie (Temptation Saga #3)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Desire After Dark (Gansett Island, #14)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • The Scotch King (Scotch #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • This Love of Mine (Mirror Lake, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Your Scandalous Ways (Fallen Women, #1)
  • The End of Feeling
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Seaside Hearts (Love in Bloom: Seaside Summers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forgotten Secrets (Singing River Legacy, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Knight (Endgame, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Storm Warrior (Grim, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bayside Passions (Bayside Summers, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Misadventures with a Rookie (Misadventures, #11)
  • Finding Libbie: A Novel
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Love at Last (Love in Bloom: The Bradens at Peaceful Harbor, #6.5)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Nitro's Torment (Sydney Storm MC #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Strange Hymn (The Bargainer #2)
  • Only You
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Lily and the Duke (Sex and the Season #1)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • A Girl's Best Friend
    $9.99 $1.99
  • My Once and Future Duke (The Wagers of Sin, #1)
  • Surrender/Submission Bound Hearts 1 & 2
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Burn (Steel Brothers Saga, #5)
    $7.99 $3.49
  • Mistress of Magic
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Duchess Deal (Girl Meets Duke, #1)
  • INK: A Love Story on 7th and Main
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Misadventures of a City Girl (Misadventures, #2)
  • A Ruthless Proposition
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hearts at Seaside (Sweet with Heat: Seaside Summers #3)
  • Hometown Girl
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Mind (Trinity Trilogy #2)
    $6.99 $2.49
  • Rhapsodic (The Bargainer, #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Room Mate (Roommates, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Decaying Empire (The Vanishing Girl, #2)
  • The Forgiving Hour
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Bright Side (Bright Side, #1)
  • The Fixer Upper
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Room for More (Cranberry Inn Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Neanderthal Seeks Human (Knitting in the City, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Chasing I Do (The Eastons #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Forever Hunted (Forever Bluegrass #9)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Slow Dance in Purgatory (Purgatory, #1)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Cafe by the Sea
  • That Month in Tuscany
    $6.99 $2.49
  • My Brother Michael
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Something in the Way (Something in the Way, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Elect (Eagle Elite, #2)
  • Just Friends
    $7.80 $2.99
  • To Taste Temptation (Legend of the Four Soldiers, #1)
  • Ghosted
  • Dodging Temptation
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Billionaire's Final Stand (Billionaire Bachelors, #7)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Find Me (Corrupted Hearts #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Blackmailing the Billionaire (Billionaire Bachelors, #5)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Hunger (The Energy Vampires #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Billionaire Falls (Billionaire Bachelors, #3)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Runaway Heiress (Billionaire Bachelors, #6)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Treading Water (Treading Water, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Life Next Door (Love Not Included Book 3)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Undeniable Love (Journey Of Love Book 2)
  • Bittersweet
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Mr. Perfect (Mister, #1)
  • Made for You
  • The Light In Summer
    $5.99 $1.99
  • For Love and Honor (An Uncertain Choice, #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Collision Point (Brute Force, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Journey Home
  • Heirs of Grace
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Storm Bound (Grim, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Unforgettable Love (Journey of Love Book 3)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Prom Night in Purgatory (Purgatory, #2)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Valiant (Spy Girl Book 4)
  • Dear Aaron
  • Running Barefoot
    $5.95 $1.99
  • Wrecked
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Sapphire Heist (Jewel, #2)
  • The Other Side of the Story
    $10.99 $1.99
  • One Fell Sweep (Innkeeper Chronicles, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Out of Focus (Adams Grove, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Eighth Grave After Dark (Charley Davidson, #8)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • What If
  • Impossible Saints
    $22.73 $1.99
  • Hudson (Fixed, #4)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Only a Millionaire (The Sinclairs #6.5)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Elite (Eagle Elite, #1)
  • Kulti
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Soul Summoner  (The Soul Summoner, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • April / May / June (Calendar Girl #4-6)
    $8.99 $3.99
  • Journey's End (Gilded Promises)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Light After Dark (Gansett Island, #15)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Pecan Pie and Deadly Lies (Adams Grove, #4)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • How To Marry A Werewolf (Claw & Courtship, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
“You’re everything I’ve been looking my whole life for and you’ve been right in front of me all this time. My heart, my everything, it belongs solely to you.” 4 likes
“I want to be consumed ... I want to love you, burn for you, until there’s nothing else left. Just your heart and mine.” 3 likes