Start by marking “Wild Card (North Ridge, #1)” as Want to Read:
Wild Card (North Ridge, #1)

Wild Card

(North Ridge #1)

What would you give up to have a second-chance at a once-in-a-lifetime love?

Wild Card is a STANDALONE SECOND-CHANCE ROMANCE from the NYT bestselling author of The Pact and Before I Ever Met You.

Rough, raw & rugged.

Published August 15th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Wild Card, please sign up.
E-Reader Addict Since you asked... :)

Since you asked... :)

I'm pretty sure Shane was with other women. He definitely dated, one of the women for a year (if I remember correctly), and while it doesn't say explicitly that he had sex with her, I can't imagine that he didn't. But I don't think he went all man-whore either...

Rachel was with other men, and it's pretty clear that she was. But Shane did tell her he never loved her and to leave. In my mind, she's not at fault here.

Did he grovel? Well, not enough for me! But his apology was sincere. I would have liked more, though.

Hope that helps! (less)

Val ⚓️ Shameless, Skanky & Bitchy  ⚓️
3 - 3.5 Stars

I am going to preface this review by stating that I am in a really shitty mood today.
And the fact that I am babysitting my nieces today and just had to wipe a three year old's disgusting ass is very fitting for the mood I'm in.

You're welcome for that lovely visual.

Here's a picture of my dog fucking up my laundry to offset the gross.

description

My point here is that I might be churning out a few reviews today, and my mood might be reflected accordingly.

So there's that...fake smile.

Anyway, t
Christy
Aug 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017-four-stars
4.25 stars!!!

photo 20800263_10104071842626608_2523936670985170960_n_zpszaafj2qm.jpg

Wild Card is a beautiful and emotional second chance romance. It’s a fantastic start to Halle’s newest series (all can be read as stand-alones) and I was hooked from the start.

Rachel and Shane meet when they are kids and Rachel is new to town. A friendship between them blossoms into more, and as teenagers, they are in love and fairly certain the direction their lives will go. Something happens in Rachel’s life that changes both of them forever and drives them apart.

It’s been six
Maria✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦

➦She loved a cowboy once and got her heart broken...

➦After years of staying away she's finally back home where it all started...

➦Will there be a second chance for them?

➦If you're a fan of cowboys, second chance stories and small town romances then this one is definitely for you! It's a beautiful and heartbreaking story that managed to reduce me to tears in the end. I fought real hard, people! *lol* Karina Halle is just one of those authors who will squeeze those tears out of you no matter what.

Ana O
Jul 03, 2017 marked it as to-read
Cowboys. Cowboys everywhere. In all shapes and forms.

photo tenor_zpsnwn20zpt.gif

photo tenor_zpsc9m7u0jf.gif

photo tumblr_o39kexJ27B1uxtz44o1_500_zpslm9heywa.gif

photo tenor_zpsrmjb00tv.gif

photo tenor_zpsefhg3ohf.gif

photo tumblr_nbr5l0N2Zs1ryev42o1_500_zpsfynljxtn.gif

photo tumblr_mwhfswUG6q1qhs5k0o1_r1_500_zps2jjhooma.gif

photo tumblr_inline_o054ajiGdW1sbvr8x_500_zpscly66jbz.gif

When I think of Canada I think of Justin Bieber and Drake. Hopefully this book will change that.
Rachel Reads Ravenously
4 stars!

“Just because someone has a broken heart, it doesn’t mean the heart doesn’t work anymore.”

Six years ago, Rachel left the town of North Ridge and fled to the city of Toronto, heartbroken and alone. Now she’s returned to her hometown because she’s learned her mother has cancer. With a career and a boyfriend to get back to, Rachel is eager to avoid her past, mostly her ex Shane, the man who destroyed her six years earlier.

Shane mad a choice years ago, and it’s one he’s always regrette
Alba and Her Secrets..♥
4.5 'Our wishbone' Stars!
ARC provided by the author via Social Butterfly PR in exchange for an honest review.
 photo large_zpsbapwm2mn.gif

In the last few months Karina Halle has become one of my favorite authors. So you can imagine my excitement when she announced a new series about hot (and Canadian!) cowboys. I got even more excited (I feel so lucky!) when I got the ARC and now I can say I absolutely loved this emotional love story!

Wild Card is the first installment in the North Ridge series and it is focused on three si
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
s

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

WILD CARD: is a standalone novel and the first book within the North Ridge Trilogy by Karina Halle, spoken in ‘Dual Perspectives,’ A second chance Romance with an HEA. Which flits from ‘Past to Present’ effortlessly. This book is Shane and Rachel’s story.

tumblr_mwm845x1vu1qffcrao7_500.gif

The last place twenty-six year old Rachel Waters ever expected to see herself was back at North Ridge with her estranged mother and her childhood ex boyfriend Shane Nelson. The boy that stole her heart the first time she saw him in class a
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
Live https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074T4GGT5/...

4.5-5 stars

Karina Halle delivers a captivating,emotional,intense and hot story.She did a wonderful job with the storyline where it switched back and forth from the past to the present and we can learn more about Shane and Rachel.

description

I feel connected to the characters and I loved that we had both POVs.It makes the story more intimidate.Shane is an amazing character,he is sweet,swoon worthy,intense and he cares for Rachel.Rachel is also great.I loved their
Alex ♈
I didn’t love this book, but I also didn’t dislike it.
It had many beautiful deep moments, but there were also some flat parts, IMO.

MEGA spoilers!!!
(view spoiler)
NMmomof4
3 Stars

Overall Opinion: I am a true fan of second chance romances. BUT I think that because I am such a fan I also am pretty critical in how I read them. If you follow my reviews you know that I feel like I need certain things to happen in order for a second chance romance story to work for me. (1) the reason for separation. Was it believable? Yes, I did think it was in this case. (2) Did they make a valiant effort at reconciliation or was there a believable reason as to why reconciliation did
Eliza

★4 STARS★

Wild Card is the first standalone novel in the North Ridge Trilogy, and suffice to say Karina Halle surprised the hell out of me with this one. I was not expecting or prepared for the level of intensity I experienced, nor the angst that clung to the pages of this novel.

It’s billed as a second chance romance but for me it’s much more than that. It’s a story of forgiveness and redemption, as Halle takes us on a journey navigating the tatters of what was once a grandiose love.

Rachel Wate
 Sonya ♕Chatterbooks book blog♕

By now everyone knows that I’m a HUGE fan of second chance romance. From the Initial shock of seeing your first love again after all these years, to the unavoidable sexual chemistry and the angst, I truly love reading about how two broken characters can come together despite all of the hurt and distance and finally get their happily ever after. “Wild Card” was everything I hoped it would be. This was a story about love, forgiveness, and knowing that family, is EVERYTHING.

There’s this very fa
Aestas Book Blog
Aug 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites

OMG!! This was one of the sweetest, sexiest, and swooniest second chance romances I've read!! The story captured me from the very first page and I could not stop reading until I reached the last chapter. It was incredibly addictive and well-written. Without a doubt, this is a new top favorite!

Six years ago, Shane and Rachel fell in love. They'd grown up together as childhood friends but as they got older, their friendship turned to more. With their history behind them, their bond was strong and
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
 photo free neon Se by sb_zpswntmk2ij.gif

📚 📌 FREE on Amazon US today (12/8/2017) 📌 📚

Stand-alone book 1.
FREE: https://www.amazon.com/Wild-Card-Nort...
BLURB:
Rough, raw & rugged.
As the man in charge at Ravenswood Ranch, Shane Nelson has never been afraid to get his hands dirty. His sculpted physique isn't the product of a gym, but of years of hard labor under a relentless sun. His straightforward, alpha tendencies come from a man who knows what he wants and goes after it.
And what he wants is Rachel Waters.
He's never stopped wantin
Stacey is Sassy
Jan 12, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A love worth fighting for...

I’ve never been a big fan of separation angst storylines. You know the ones? Where there’s a big bust up and they spend months or even years apart. For the first time though, I stopped and contemplated it a bit more. Previously, I would tut, tut the hero and heroine, and tell them to stop fighting love. Love is to be embraced not run away from. Why would you want to? If it’s real love you wouldn’t leave what makes you happy. But, what if real love is the reason you pu
Malene
Dec 02, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wild Card was a great second chance romance. I wasn’t blown away but I enjoyed myself. I especially enjoyed the introduction of the three Nelson brothers. I’m definitely intrigued by Fox and can’t wait to read his story.
I could definitely feel the connection and chemistry between Shane and Rachel. No doubt about that but I would’ve love more of them reconciling and being back together again as a couple.
Overall a great first book and the next Nelson brother is definitely calling my name.

3 BadAssD
JewelsyGoolsy
Feb 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
I came for the grovel and ended up with just sweetness. S’all good.
Nikki ღ Navareus
***TWO STARS***

I'll start off with what I liked in this book. How about that cover??? Such an awesome cover!!!

And I've finally found another Karina Halle story that I was able to actually stick with until the end. I haven't been able to find another story of KH's that I've enjoyed since Love, in English. The story telling in this was pretty good. I actually liked the premise. (view spoiler)
Emma Scott
Aug 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
We need to make #CanadianCowboys a thing.
Elena
Dec 05, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Read for the URR New Year 2018 Reading Challenge: Second Chance Romance.

I like the "second chance" trope. I like reading about people messing up things and making mistakes. And I like reading about people trying to right those wrongs and move forward with their life.

So in the spirit of things I decided to give Karina Halle a second chance after reading her Darkhouse, a book that I found so dull I couldn't even be bothered to add it to my Goodreads shelves.

And - look, I might be in an especially
Irene Sim
A sweet second-chance contemporary romance, nothing out of the ordinary though. RTC
Betul
**ARC provided in exchange for an honest review**

description

"I wasn't drowning in the memories-I was dying in them. And every single thing I felt for her? It came rushing back, a flash flood of desire and pain that nearly blindsided me."

I can always depend on Karina Halle to come up with a great romance story. It doesn't matter if it's a dark, suspenseful, funny or contemporary romance. Wild Card was a very beautiful second-chance contemporary romance. I have read a lot of those and was looking forward to
Kennedy Fox
This is a childhood friends to lovers second-chance romance and I loved every minute of it!! The flashbacks are great and I normally don't love reading flashbacks but these totally worked. Shane is amazing. I love a hero who fights for what he wants. No games. No over-the-top drama. Just perfection. I love how painted the scenes and setting are. I love a hero who works a hard job, isn't a millionaire, and has a body built from that hard work. Made reading this book so real and enjoyable. I serio ...more
Jessica  (Angie & Jessica's Dreamy Reads)
I have so much admiration and appreciation for an author who can surprise me. When you've read dozens upon dozens of books by a single author, it becomes increasingly difficult to be surprised anymore. But Karina Halle remains at the top of a very small list of authors who never fail to give me that moment of pause where I stop to think 'Wow, this is different! She did it again! She went in another completely different direction I never expected and I absolutely love it!' Those were my exact tho ...more
Hollis
It's been a while (too long!) since I've had the chance to sink my teeth into a Halle read. I'm overdue on catching up on some of her releases (though they sure are piling up on my kindle..) but couldn't resist this one when I saw a bunch of my book buddies reading it in anticipation of the release.

Loss of love is the most terrifying feeling in the world. It's the feeling of your heart emptying, slowly being drained. Because that's the thing about love. It's free to give. Its never free to recei
Jayme
Aug 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Another great series of Karina Halle. This time with Canadian sexy cowboys.

It is a second chance romance. They fell in love as kids, broke up as young adults then after 6 years meet again. And the feelings and unresolved problems returned.

It's sweet with some angst and hot moments. A bit predictable, but still entertaining.

I can't wait to meet the brothers in the next books.

***
ARC kindly provided for an honest review. Thank you!

Sheharzad ⚘
SCREW IT THIS BOOK CONFIRMS THAT I NEED A "CANADA" SHELF

----

mate... this is set in canada. C A N A D A

you hear that sound? it's me screaming rainbows again bc CANADIAN REP

I NEEDS IT
Anna Banana

I can't tell you what made me decide to read this book.

In fact, just a few weeks ago I was talking with a fellow book reader and we were talking about whether or not we read country/cowboy romance type books and I had told her that I had no interest in those kind of books and that they never really appealed to me.

But yet, here I am a few weeks later buying one of them and reading it.

It was only as I started reading the synopsis that I realized I haven't read a Karina Halle book in a
Yiota Misiou
Aug 19, 2017 rated it liked it
"I’ve let it build and boil and rage inside me. It raged beautifully for years. I think that’s the basis for real love. Letting it burn you up from the inside out until you can no longer contain it."
Farah
Aug 17, 2017 rated it liked it
Don't hate it but don't really love it either.
The Love Factors
- Shane, the hero.. You guessed it,right.. He's a cowboy.. Yeeehah!

- Rachel, the heroine... Had a bad childhood but thanks to her self perseverance + Shane and his family, she turned out great . She even returned home to look after her mum, putting her promising career + boyfriend on hold, although her mum wasn't there for her when she needed her the most.. What a saint!

- The chemistry between Rachel and Shane,
It was great reading th

• Ten Thousand Lies (Ten Thousand, #2)
  • In Too Deep (The Triple Horn Brand, #2)
  • The Highlander Who Loved Me (The McKennas, #1)
  • Hitman Wedding (Bad Boy Inc., #4)
  • The Lucky Heart (Jamison Valley, #3)
  • Tricked Truths
  • Holding Out For A Hero
  • Between a Highlander and a Hard Place (Highland Weddings, #5)
  • Truth (Sinful, #1)
  • Royal Affair (Royal Scandal, #1)
  • Here to Stay (The Fish Tales, #3)
  • A Duchess in Name (The Grantham Girls, #1)
  • The Virgin's Shock Baby
  • All We Were (Ex-Factor Duet #1)
  • Now or Never (San Francisco Thunder #4)
  • Whatever Remains
  • Storms Over Secrets (Over, #3)
  • Under Her Skin (Shifter Shield, #1)
Karina Halle is a former travel writer & music journalist and The New York Times, Wall Street Journal & USA Today Bestselling author of The Swedish Prince, The Pact, Love, in English, The Artists Trilogy, Bad at Love & over 45 other wild and romantic reads. She lives on an island off the coast of British Columbia with her husband and her adopted pup Bruce, where she drinks a lot of win ...more

North Ridge (3 books)
  • Maverick (North Ridge, #2)
  • Hot Shot (North Ridge, #3)
“Maverick opens it. “Merry Christmas!” he exclaims. Except it’s October, it’s Thanksgiving, and now Mav just looks like a big dork.” 3 likes
“Your heart is where my home is. I’ll go wherever your heart goes.” 2 likes