Start by marking “Thanks Fur Last Night” as Want to Read:
Thanks Fur Last Night

Thanks Fur Last Night

(Fur #1)

Enter a world of smoldering shifters in this scintillating anthology headlined by New York Times bestselling authors Eve Langlais and Milly Taiden with brand-new, never published novellas!

Bearing His Sin
Published January 30th 2018 by St. Martin's Griffin

To ask other readers questions about Thanks Fur Last Night, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Thanks Fur Last Night

Deborah
2-3*

Despite the truly dreadful title I still read this book.

Bearing His Sin - 2.5 to 3*

I found this hard going initially in fact after a few pages I couldn’t read anymore. I didn’t like Cole or the way this was written and I’d just about decided to skip this and move onto the next one.
Next day I gave it another try and found that once Anja and more importantly her Babushka appeared I was hooked.

There’s no real romance and it jumps around all over the pl
Mindy Lou's Book Review
What I love about these anthologies is that you get a sampler of authors in short novellas. It’s a great way to see if you like an authors work before buying their books. In Thanks Fur Last Night, Eve Langais, Milly Taiden and Kate Baxter each provided us a novella on bear shifters and a werewolf.

Bearing His Sin by Eve Langlais: What I’ve learned about Eve Langlais’ books is that she loves to write the silly, comedic love stories on all kinds of shifters. Bearing His Sin is on the lighter side and was/>Bearing
Nov 25, 2017 rated it it was ok
ARC received for review

Book 1 - Bearing His Sin
1 star
It was so bad. I'm shocked I finished it. He was horrible. Her grandmother saved it from zero stars. It was disjointed and was all over the place. Then the ending just sucked and then it was left open I guess for another book.

Book 2 - Bought by the Bear
2 stars
There was a better story line, but still lacked a lot. Then ending was just eh. What is it with grandmas? His was hilarious. I'm guessing t
Marta Cox
Jan 31, 2018 rated it liked it
Three and a half
I do love an anthology and this one features stories from three authors whose work I've previously enjoyed.
Bearing His Sin
I found this snarky pairing to be hilarious. I guess I was just in the mood for characters who some might find downright annoying but to me putting a bear assassin with a fierce woman from the Steppes and adding in a truly cantankerous grandmother just tickled my funny bone. Plus there's a twist in the tale !
Bought by the Bear
Initially a li
Carvanz
Jan 24, 2018 rated it liked it
Bearing His Sins - Eve Langlais - 3 stars
Loved the fast paced antics of this couple as they attempt to stop the person trying to kidnap the heroine. This has a lot of banter, exemplary secondary characters and a nice little storyline. Steam factor is high but late in the story.

Bought by the Bear - Milly Taiden - 3 stars
This one has a bit of a mystery, some action and lots of steam. The dialogue was a bit stilted initially but soon evened out.

The Alpha and I - Kate Baxter - 3 stars<
Elaine
Three shifter romances by different authors with very different plots are included in this collection of novellas which, according to Goodreads, is the first such collection in a new series called ‘Fur’! They are lovely reads for when you’ve not much time or for anyone looking for a taster into this genre.

Bearing His Sin by Eve Langlais is a delightful paranormal romantic comedy that had me laughing out loud at some of the escapades and interactions. Yes, it is OTT but still a story
Beth
As a whole, I struggled with this one. Each story was just okay, some better than others. Nothing memorable or that I would read again. I was disappointed because I love shifter romance.

Bearing His Sin 2.5
This story was funny, but a silly funny that after a while became really annoying. The story jumped around a lot and I had a hard time staying engaged. I couldn't connect with the characters at all. There were times I thought so where are we going with this? This was just not
Ivy Deluca
Dec 10, 2017 rated it liked it
2.5-3 stars
description
Three stories, with varying degrees of success, let's dive into this shindig.

Bearing His Sin - 1.5-2 stars
*blinks* I...yeah, I don’t know. There’s some (very subjective) humor to this and if that was all I was interested in, I might have liked it more. But romance is what brings me in the door, and this was definitely lacking. Cole makes some token comments about how Anja’shindig.
Bearing
♥ WishfulMiss ♥
~ 5 Stars ~

I loved this short bear shifter read. It was crazy, OTT, funny and captivated me from the first page. I loved Anja, she was a strong heroine and held her own with Cole. They were perfectly matched. Two sides of the same crazy that kept me laughing throughout their short story.

What I loved:
The banter between Cole and Anja, Anja and her Babushka, her Babushka and Cole. Priceless!

Favorite Line(s):
* * * * * * * * * *
"Who wants to die/>
/>
Celia
Dec 20, 2017 rated it did not like it
In the third story, the main characters abandon their dog in an unheated house, and never come back to him. Seriously. It's a little more than halfway through the story, and the dog is NEVER MENTIONED AGAIN. I would have prefered they took the dog with them on their cross-country blizzard hike and he died of exposure/bear attack than just end the story with no mention of him at all, leaving me to believe he starves or freezes alone. (I mean, he isn't explicitly not-rescued, maybe they came home ...more
Hannah
Jan 07, 2018 rated it liked it
ARC REVIEW

I love the punny name. That's probably the thing I liked about it the most. I wanted a review copy of this because I've heard so much about Eve Langlais on Facebook, so I thought why not try it, and while I did enjoy all of them they all felt a little rush, even for novellas. The good thing is that these are all brand new novellas never published before.

Bearing His Sin: Eve Langlais

Probably the funniest one, the two main characters Cole and Anja bic
Heather
Dec 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
Even though I don't normally like to read novellas, usually because they are too rushed, I have to say I really enjoyed this paranormal anthology. I had previously read and enjoyed books by Eve Langlais and Milly Taiden but Kate Baxter was new to me. All three shifter stories were the perfect length, just enough for a good story and character development so that I didn't feel cheated as I often do with novellas. A great introduction to the work of all three authors if you've never read them.
Ann Lorz
Jan 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Reviewed for Romancing the Readers Blog: https://romancingthereaders.blogspot....

One of the things that I really love about anthologies is that you can get a quick feel for a new author or get a short story from a author you love to tide you over till their next book comes out. Either way, it works for me. Thanks Fur Last Night is part of three anthologies book coming out. I'm thinking each individual story is part of it's own three book series.

I've read two of the three authors and I will admit that out of the two I read I
Cassandra
Feb 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
My Thoughts - 5 out of 5 Unicorns - I loved it!!!
***I choose what I read and review based on what intrigues me!! Yes, I got a review copy of this book, but no one tells me what to think, feel, or write about any book! I haven’t bought this one yet, but I will, probably in paperback.

The cover is great and what attracted me to the book first, but then I saw who the authors were and had to read it!

I loved this book! All 3 stories were excellent and action packed.

Bearing Hi
Kelly
Jan 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shifters! I love 'em and I get a kick out of watching them fall all over themselves when they find their special someone.

Bearing His Sin - I'm a big Eve Langlais fan, so Cole and Anja's story was a hit with me. Both of them are a little feral, a little crazed, and a little bloodthirsty. Well, more than a little on that last part. They fight. They flirt while fighting (heck, often while fighting with one another). They aren't afraid to get their hands dirty. I have to say, I liked the
April Symes
Thanks Fur Last Night is a box set with the following authors- Eve Langlais, Milly Taiden, and Kate Baxter. These are paranormal romances that are great to read if you are looking to start reading paranormal romances but not sure what to read, this box set is a great way to start. This is a sampler of authors in short novellas. You will find something to like in each and if you already love paranormal romances, then this is a great addition to any collection that you have. Full of action, passio ...more
Crystal Watson
Great read

This is absolutely worth the read. In this, is three books by three great authors. Each book contains a HEA and scorching hot love scenes. Each book has its own great story. It was just absolutely great. I loved each book. I would recommended this book if you love shifters, kick butt heroines, and the bad guys who try to keep them apart.
Eskimo Princess Jenkins
I enjoyed 2 out of 3 of these stories.
Bearing His Sins: was not that interested in at first. But the more I read the more I was hooked. The characters had great chemistry. I loved the grandma as well. Loved that Anja was no simmering miss by any means.
Bought by the Bear by Milly Taiden
a hot short story. Still full storyline in this short story. However, at times I did loose track of the timing in the story.
I liked the main character-Xander. Josie was ok.
The Alpha and I b
Karen Roma
Dec 26, 2017 rated it liked it
Thanks Fur Last Night is a compilation of three novellas by three well-known and best-selling authors. Unfortunately that does not make for three great stories.

This is definitely a mix of good, bad and just barely OK; and not in that order. I’m not going to draw this review out, other than to say that Kate Baxter’s contribution ‘The Alpha and I’ is the saving grace of the collection with a story I wished had of gone on longer, which is the only reason this book rates a there star rev
Madison Warner Fairbanks
Thanks Fur Last Night anthology

Bearing His Sins by Eve Langlais
A bear shifter assassin and a Russian mob princess make this paranormal romance quite an adventure. Often humorous and sexy, the pace is fast and fun. Meeting a mate can turn your life upside down.
Excerpt for writing style:
“I’m pretty sure this oak hates me. Which is pretty shortsighted of the tree, given she owned an axe.”

A fake mate for the bear shifter? Nope. T
Sandra "Jeanz"
Nov 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: shifter
REVIEW
I approached reading these novella's with trepidation as I know through checking on Goodreads that both Eve Langlais and Milly Taiden have series that are classed as erotica and it is a genre I usually steer away from, but this anthology is listed as paranormal romance and it was suggested I may enjoy it as I love shifter books so I decided to give it a go. For Kate Baxter I have found her books listed as paranormal romance so feel I should certainly get along with her novella okay.
Whispers From
Feb 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
BEARING HIS SINS by Eve Langlais... 4.5 starsCole is a hired assassin, bear shifter and is hiding in a tree to kill a man. He is startled out of the tree by a woman. His bear knows immediately that she's his mate. Anja is from Russian descent and about to shoot Cole. They go back to her farmhouse where she lives with her grandmother, who is a crackerjack. Cole and Anja go to Russia to put a stop to the man who keeps trying to kidnap her and marry her. Her grandfather meets them at the airport an ...more
Deanna from Deanna's World
Jan 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Thanks Fur Last Night is a collection of shifter stories bringing us fated mates as growly bears and hunky werewolves find themselves faced with the one who is their other half.

Overall, I enjoyed this collection of stories. Some more than others but I think all three authors will be authors I'm going to want to read more of.

Bearing His Sins by Eve Langlais
Bearing His Sins is a fun and sometimes wacky romp when a brash young woman bursts into the life of an shapeshifting bear assassin who is deciding whether to kill her
Patricia Reyes
Dec 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
“Bearing His Sins” by Eve Langlais
Hands down the best short story is “Bearing His Sins” by Eve Langlais. Cole’s witty banter with Anja was smoldering. I also liked Anja’s grandmother.
Anja is a Russian mafia princess, and some asshole is trying to force her to marry him. Cole finally finds his mate and he is not going to let someone take her from him. This story was sexy, funny, and action-packed. I can’t wait to read more.

This is another
Christine
Nov 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
I’m a sucker for a punny title so I immediately snapped up Thanks Fur Last Night when offered by St. Martin’s Press. To my delight, the first book in the anthology was by Eve Langlais. No one writes snarky, sneaky heroines and crazy over the top alphas who banter and insult each other without blinking an eye like Eve Langlais. Bearing His Sin was one of her snappiest, with a rude bear-shifter assassin lumbering and lusting after a foul-mouthed farmer girl. This was snort-your-drink-out funny and made ...more
 Reading In Pajamas
Jan 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Review & Giveaway: THANKS FUR LAST NIGHT by Eve Langlais, Milly Taiden & Kate Baxter https://wp.me/p3d0RZ-azS
Publication Date: January 30, 2018
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Reviewed by: Reading in Pajamas/ Donna
Rated 4.5 Stars

This was a fun cohesive anthology by three talented writers. All three stories held the same feeling…part humor and part suspense, so you didn’t have to regroup when starting the next story. I liked that a lot. Eve Langlais’ BEARING HIS SINS had some quirky ch
Vania Nunes
Jan 17, 2018 rated it did not like it
Recommended to Vania by: NetGalley
After I read some books about shape-shifter, I was THRILLED to read this one.
But...BUUUUUUUUUUUTTTTTTT (it's a really big BUT)

Sorry. I didn't know if those were serious (fantasy) stories.
The first one was so complicated. People arguing and babbling all the time. That should be funny but it was annoying.
The second one was a little better, but.. REALLY?? That reason for all that attack (view spoiler)? Nope.
Aly
Feb 19, 2018 rated it it was ok
Bearing his sins- Eve Langlais 1 star

I had an instant dislike for the hero and the heroine wasn't wise enough for me to compensate for it and too arrogant too. The instant lust doesn't seem believable in the circumstances either. I mean, the guy was trying to kill her first and it's dirty talk and lusty looks after two and three lines exchanged between them. I found the rest of the story equally far-fetched. There's absurd and then there's over-the -top absurd. I think it might work
Susan Angela Wallace
May 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
thanks fur last night by Eve Langlais, Milly Taiden and Kate Baxter.
Cole should have killed Anja the moment he realized she was his mate. Instead, he let her live and now they’re on the hunt, chasing the morons who think they can force her to marry another man. Like hell. And while this shapeshifting bear might have his share of sins, he’s not going to let little things like murder and mayhem prevent him from having the woman meant to be the keeper of his heart.
a good read with likea
⚜️Trea
After reading The Big Alpha in Town, I wanted to go back and find the preceding stories from that anthology. My local library luckily had a copy of this anthology, but I was so unmotivated to read it that I had to renew the copy I had checked out 3 times before I sat down to read it! That did not bode well for me actually enjoying this book, and I was unfortunately right, especially in light of how long it actually took me to read this once I got started on it!

Bearing His Sins - Eve Langl
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• The Bear Who Loved Me (Grizzlies Gone Wild, #1)
  • Newsletter Exclusives: Volume 1 (Guild Hunter, Psy-Changeling, Rock Kiss)
  • Dark Alpha's Hunger (Reaper, #6)
  • Stone Cold Fox (Cougarville #3)
  • Bitten Under Fire
  • Fearless Mating (A.L.F.A. #4)
  • Hunger (The Energy Vampires #2)
  • Hot Shots
  • Bearing It All (Highlander's Beloved, #3)
  • Something to Howl About (Alphaville, #0.5)
  • Winter Wishes
  • Drop Dead Gorgeous (Bite Nights, #2)
  • Eight Simple Rules for Dating a Dragon (The Embraced, #3)
  • Tales From The SFR Brigade
  • Turn Up the Heat (Includes The Carlisles #2; Jackson, #1.2; Beach House No. 9 #0.5)
  • Lions, Tigers, and Sexy Bears Oh My!
  • To Catch His Mate (Crescent Moon, #5)
~ New York Times and USA Today Bestselling Author

Hello, my name is Eve Langlais and I am an International Bestselling author who loves to write hot romance, usually with werewolves, cyborgs or aliens .

I should warn you, I have a twisted imagination and a sarcastic sense of humor something I like to let loose in my writing. While well known for my shifter stories, I am also

Fur (2 books)