Start by marking “Cowboy Stole My Heart (River Ranch, #1)” as Want to Read:
Cowboy Stole My Heart (River Ranch, #1)

Cowboy Stole My Heart

(River Ranch #1)

It takes true grit to build a billion-dollar dynasty like the Ford family ranch. But when it comes to finding love, all it takes is one handsome cowboy to steal a woman’s heart…

SHE’S RIDING SOLO

As one of the heirs to the River Ranch fortune, Mia Ford is practically Texas royalty. But that doesn’t mean she’s some pampered princess. She can saddle up and ride a horse as well
Mass Market Paperback, 304 pages
Published January 2nd 2018 by St. Martin's Press

To ask other readers questions about Cowboy Stole My Heart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cowboy Stole My Heart

Carol [Goodreads Addict]
Cowboy Stole My Heart is book one in the River Ranch series by Soraya Lane. This is my first book by this author and it’s the cover that drew me in.

Sam Mendes had a terrible childhood. But he knew early on that he had a way with animals. Now as an adult, he was a famous horse whisperer. Sam doesn’t do relationships. He had his heart broken in the worst of ways, more like ripped out and stomped on. Sam has never fully recovered having lost his faith in love.

working with horse in circle pen

Sam is asked to the Ford Ranch to see
Carrie
Dec 07, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
Cowboy Stole My Heart by Soraya Lane is the first book in the new contemporary romance River Ranch series. This is a story of two people who clash upon first meeting but have an obvious attraction to one another all the while working on a ranch trying to save a horse from being put down.

Sam is a top notch horse trainer who has been called in by Mia to see if he can tame a horse that she is determined to save. The two clash but Sam sees something in the animal that he can’t walk away from putting
Beatrice ~ Confessions of a Pinay Bookaholic
Thank you St. Martin's Press for the ARC in exchange for an honest review.

Mia Ford grew to love horses since she was a kid. She came from a wealthy family and they owned a ranch. It's always a first impression if someone came from a rich family, the children were spoiled brats. However, Mia embodies the opposite. She's independent and never relies on her family's fortune. As a horsewoman, she trains hard and competes in every show jumping competition. Her perseverance, determination and passion
DJ Sakata
My Rating:

3.5

Favorite Quotes:

She was as pretty as a college cheerleader, but with a maturity in her gaze that told him she probably wouldn’t appreciate the comparison.

Nate had been completely whipped by his sister, and even though he’d personally stopped believing in love, he knew his sister and Nate had the real thing going on. And if Nate ever let her down, he’d forget they’d been best friends since pre-K and beat the shit out of him.

…now she knew why she was supposed to hold that part of hers
♥ WishfulMiss ♥
As a renown horse whisperer trainer, Sam Mendes is called in to rehab a horse on the Ford Ranch. The money and the bragging rights alone make this an opportunity not to be passed up except for Mia Ford. After being burned in the past by a woman, Sam keeps things simple by focusing all his time and attention on his book tour, his ranch and side jobs. Women don't factor in for the long haul and that's just the way he likes it.

Mia is grateful to have someone like Sam, who really cares for the anim
D.M.
Nov 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
It's been a while since I've read a cowboy romance and this one hit the spot nicely.

Sam Mendes has found fame doing what he loves. He would rather deal with horses than people any day. He is offered the chance to get away from the fame for a while, and back to what he loves best. They call him the horse whisperer, but this one may even be too much for him.

Headstrong Mia loves horses and works hard for what she has, even though she comes from money. She is competitive, proud and beautiful. Mia's
Carvanz
If you love horses and all things horse whispery, then this is the book for you!

Mia has fought and struggled to remain independent from her father’s wealth. A horsewoman in her own right, she’s outraged to learn that he has hired one of the most talent horse whisperers in the country to help with a troubled stallion she owns. True, she is lost as to what to do to help this special animal, but her father really should’ve talked to her first.

Sam never sat out to make a name for himself teaching o
Hannah
Dec 30, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
ARC REVIEW

New author for the New Year and it left me underwhelmed. What I liked about the book I liked that for a change the main characters weren't typical Texas type characters, I liked that Sam was a "horse whisperer" instead of just another rodeo cowboy or ranch hand and that Mia was professional show jumper and despite being the King ranch heiress she worked hard for everything she has. I enjoyed the over all story and how sexy it was, but, and this is just personal preference, I didn't ca
Elaine
This is the first book in a new series - and I loved it! I can’t wait to read more in this heartwarming series.

Mia Ford is a hard working, determined young lady and not the pampered princess that Sam Mendes initially assumed. He’s a horse whisperer and has been called in by her father to try to help a stallion that is proving too much to handle, despite previously being a talented show jumper. Despite many inaccurate negative assumptions, the two humans are drawn to each other as they strive to
Jan 01, 2018 rated it liked it
***ARC Provided by the Publisher via NetGalley***

There are books that start slow and finish strong, and there are those titles that start stronger than they finish. Unfortunately, this title was one of the latter for me.

When you initially meet Mia and Sam, the sparks of dislike fly between them, but it is written well enough that it is clear there is something interesting about each of them and getting to know the characters, while they get to know one another, was a lot of fun.

They had wonderfu
Heather
Nov 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is the first book I have read by this author and it definitely will not be the last. Not only was it a great contemporary romance but I really enjoyed how much research the author must have done in order to write about Sam, the horse whisperer. It was just so much more than a great cowboy romance! Not that there is ever anything wrong with a good cowboy romance, LOL. Filled with likeable characters, a good story and the right amount of romance, this book was tough to put down. I definitely ...more
Sandy
Dec 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Welcome to River Ranch! Mia has finally gotten out from under her father’s bankroll, as she works the reins on her own horses on the ranch. Unlike her siblings, Mia refuses to become a part of corporate America and she wears the black sheep of the family badge proudly. Determined and proud of her own accomplishments, she loves to show off her horses but her latest addition Tex, is giving her a run for her money. Her father has invited Sam, the horse whisperer, out to the ranch to observe Tex as ...more
Beth ~ Panda & Boodle
Dec 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
“When a woman gets under your skin? Only a fool walks away. Trust me.”

I’m not sure how I haven’t been reading Soraya Lane before—she has a slew of cowboy books that I’m sure I need to read—but thankfully, with Cowboy Stole My Heart, I’ve finally ‘discovered’ her.

I think she and I are going to have a good author/reader relationship. Her writing is charming and sexy without being OTT, and her characters are likable and fun. That’s certainly the case with this book. Sam and Mia were both very easy
Austine (NovelKnight)
Nov 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018-releases
It's time for another romance on the ranch with Cowboy Stole My Heart! The more I read these, the more I get addicted to cowboy romances and I'm completely okay with that. This is the first of Lane's books that I've read but I think I'll be checking out her Texas Kings series now too since this book featured characters from that series (and I want more)!

Okay, so this book. Girl meets boy. Boy meets girl. Both make bad assumptions of the other (and we all know what happens when you assume things.
Misty (Reds Romance Reviews)
Dec 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
After a rather harsh break-up Sam Mendes is in need of a little distraction, something to take his mind off of his broken heart, and give him a chance to put all that lingering hurt into his work, and help him forget. So, when the opportunity to work with a troubled horse comes along he figures it is the perfect avenue for him, he can put his skills to work, and put his broken heart out of his mind. But then the horse's feisty owner wanders into his world and starts turning it upside down...

From
Maureen
Jan 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
If you’ve visited my blog over the years you probably have seen and read that I love cowboy stories, and I love horses. So when I saw ‘Cowboy Stole My Heart’ by Soraya Lane on Netgalley I just had to request it. And I couldn’t be more excited when I got accepted to read this book. Let me tell you, this book made my reading year start our pretty damn good.

‘Cowboy Stole My Heart’ is the first book in the River Ranch series. In this book we meet the rich Mia Ford. Mia is one of the heirs of the Riv
Shelley
Nov 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cowboy, contemporary
This is the first book in the River Ranch series and is a cowboy/western romance. Mia Ford comes from a wealthy family, but she doesn’t take this for granted. She pays her own way and works hard to make a living on her own. She is thrilled to meet and work with Sam Mendes, the famous horse whisperer, because she admires his work and she has had a crush on him for ages.

Sam is exhausted and almost says no to the job offer to work with Mia’s troublesome stallion, but the challenge plus his attracti
Deb Diem
Nov 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Cowboy Stole My Heart is a well-written book by Soraya Lane. Ms. Lane has given us a book with phenomenal characters. The angst level is low to medium for our hero, but not overwhelming. Sam is a famous horse whisperer and is bitter from a past relationship. Mia is the owner of a troubled horse, her father hires Sam to work with the horse. Their story is packed with drama, humor, a little action and a bit of spice. It took me a couple chapters to really get hooked by this story but was well wort ...more
Madison Warner Fairbanks
Cowboy Stole My Heart by Soraya Lane

A contemporary romance filled with strong personalities, past debilitating pain (human and horse) plus hope.

This couple often clash but at the same time respect each other.
Sam has been hurt by love in the past so he has vowed to never make a commitment again. But the more he’s with Mia, the more he is enamored with her. Suddenly he’s noticing his car smells like old socks and his smelly dog.
He is very respectful of women and Mia in particular. Maybe it’s havi
Andrea
Nov 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
I read through this book in 1 sitting. I loved the story and the characters. I don't know if I would have picked this story to read if I hadn't won an advance copy (just due to how many books are on my to read list) but I'm glad I did! And I'm glad I own a copy so I can reread it when the fancy strikes.

I'm not going to copy the description of the book, or accidently give away a spoiler, but I will say I was sad to reach the end of the story, and I was happy it ended the way it did.

I hope other
Curly Carla Celebrity Readers

This book is too slow for my tastes. I'm pretty disappointed because I love enemies to lovers stories but this one seems to be taking too long to develop and I don't have the patience to wait. That's a personal taste thing and nothing to do with the writing. This one just wasn't for me.
Jolie
Jan 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
I love country western romances. Something about hot cowboys, innocent women, and the wide-open plain appeals to me. It also doesn’t help when the book has a hot guy as a model on the cover. I went into reading Cowboy Stole My Heart with a good vibe. The good vibes continued while I was reading the book. Cowboy Stole My Heart. This book was a bit predictable but I enjoyed reading it.

Sam was a world renown horse trainer. When he gets a phone call from Mia’s father to figure out why her new horse
Minx
Cowboy Stole My Heart is the first book in the River Ranch series and it was exactly what I was expecting and that made me happy. This is a book that I loved and series I am absolutely going to continue reading! The characters in this book were memorable and the kind of characters I would want more of. They were flawed, honest, witty, sarcastic and even the animals in this story had character. Cowboy Stole My Heart was just a delight to read! I also enjoyed the setting very much. I could easily ...more
Linda
" Cowboy Stole My Heart ", the first story in the River Ranch series introduces us to Sam Mendes, cowboy , former military and a natural horse whisperer extrodanaire ; Sam has a gift for working with unstable horses and turning them around . Sam has become a bit of a celebrity , touring and doing exhibitions of his skill, along with a book and you tube videos; but their is nothing he wants to do more than return home to his own ranch, except an offer from the Ford ranch to work with a troubled h ...more
Book Lover
Mia Ford is the daughter of a very wealthy rancher. Daddy wanted her to go into corporate America, but her heart is in working with horses and competition jumping. Mia has paid her own way through her life without daddy’s money or help until recently. She convinces him to buy her deceased best friend’s stallion. This horse is mad at the world and won’t let anyone near him.

Sam Mendes is known as the horse whisperer. Mia’s father hires him to see if he can work miracles with the stallion before he
Pinky1979
Dec 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I fell in love with Soraya Lane's writing with her King brothers series and was sad when it came to an end. Now she is back with a new series, a spinoff. Those of you who are familiar with the Kings will remember Nate's best friend and his wife's brother Sam Mendes. The renowned "Horse Whisperer" finds that it isn't as easy as he thought to lock up his heart and say no to relationships when he meets the heiress to one of the richest men in Texas and helps her to tame a stallion that no one can s ...more
Romancebooksandmore
Jan 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
okay I give it 4. 5 stars.
it's an okay book, it's based around Mia Ford uber rich, and Sam Medes a horse trainer. we met Sam in a few other books. notable the story in the king series where his sister faith and his best friend Nate King fall in love.
there is emotion hard past and a little family in the story. it just didn't gel right and Nate and Faith had twins who were never actually named just called the girls or his nieces. a major reason I dropped the rating of this book.
another thing is
Babs
Jan 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance, western
Mia Ford loves horses she has since she was a kid. She is independent and doesn’t turn to her wealthy family for anything.
Sam Mendes also loves horses and he rather deal with animals then people. He is known as the horse whisper.
Mia’s father has hired Sam to help with a horse and when he meets Mia they sparks fly.
A great journey these two people take through out the story. A nice romantic read and you will love Mia and Sam.
I voluntarily read a copy of this book
Isha Coleman
Dec 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Empathy. A trait everyone has, but so few use. Just look at the chaos the world is in today. Perhaps if more people listened with their hearts, instead of closing their minds the world might stand a chance. I believe that's why Sam and Mia spoke to me as a reader. The horse whisper and the determined dreamer come together on a journey of hope and discover their own redemption. A lesson in love, taught by a courageous horse, a gifted author and a beautiful love story.
Regan
Aug 30, 2018 rated it liked it
COWBOY STOLE MY HEART is my first Soraya Lane read, but it is definitely not my last. Cowboys and westerns are my favorite reads and Lane tells a good story. Mia and Sam’s story built nicely. No rushing to get where they were going. The romance was paced just right. Tex and Blue added a warm dimension to the story, especially Tex with his history. Lane unfolded it with care and compassion. Sam is deep down a good guy and Mia is someone you’d like to have as a friend. The secondary characters are ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Pretty Shameless (Deputy Laney Briggs, #2)
  • Masquerade: Can a street-girl fool a lord?
  • Cowboy, Cross My Heart
  • A True Cowboy Christmas (Cold River Ranch, #1)
  • Sweet-Loving Cowboy (Kinky Spurs, #2)
  • Rugged Texas Cowboy (Cowboys and Captives, #1-2)
  • Striking Out (Sharon Jackson, #1)
  • When the Crows Fly Low
  • The Light of Day
  • Forget Me Not (Ceruleans, #2)
  • Tempting Texas
  • The Mistletoe Effect (One and Only Texas, #0.5)
  • Ride A Cowboy: Back in the Saddle / Eight Second Ride
  • Slow Ride Home (The Grady Legacy, #1)
  • Wednesday Riders (Island Trilogy Book 2)
  • A Silent Prayer (A Prayer Series #1)
  • The Billionaire Cowboy (Billionaire's Club: Texas, #1)
  • The Shadows of Stormclyffe Hall (Dark Seductions, #1)
#1 Kindle Bestselling Author of Wives of War and The Spitfire Girls. Enter here to win one of 100 ebook copies of my upcoming release, The Girls of Pearl Harbor! https://www.goodreads.com/giveaway/sh...

As a child, Soraya dreamed of becoming an author. Fast forward more than a few years, and Soraya is now living her dream! Soraya describes being an author as "the best career in the world", and she

River Ranch (2 books)
  • All Night with the Cowboy (River Ranch, #2)