Start by marking “Everything is Mama” as Want to Read:
Everything is Mama

Everything is Mama

The follow-up to NBC's The Tonight Show host Jimmy Fallon's #1 New York Times–bestseller Your Baby's First Word Will Be Dada.

Everything is . . .

MAMA!

Jimmy Fallon, one of the most popular entertainers in the world, was on a mission with his first children's book to have every baby's first word be DADA. And it worked! A lot of babies' first words were DADA. However, everythi
Published October 10th 2017 by Feiwel & Friends (first published 2017)

Schizanthus
Feb 15, 2018 rated it it was ok
I’m sorry but this was terribly boring. By now you all probably know how I hide Clifford and Grug books at random times for my Mum to find. On Mother’s Day I’ll usually try to find her a really sweet kid’s book about how wonderful Mum’s are. I was test driving this book for this Mother’s Day’s selection and while the cover is so sweet, it quickly became a big fat ‘no’.

I guess Jimmy Fallon warns us with his title that everything is gonna be mama this, mama that, but after the second or third ti
Jon(athan) Nakapalau
Jan 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Nice book about a phase most of us go through - 'momocentrism' in relation to exterior objects.
Morgan Colon
Nov 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
The book, Everything is Mama" by Jimmy Fallon is a short and sweet, easy to read, postmodern picturebook. The story goes through different words, with an animal only replying "MAMA" to everything. This book really didn't have a lot of words, or context, it is just a very simple book that I assume is for children just now learning to read.

I think this is a circle story actually. At the beginning of the book, it says "Everything is Mama, according to you, but there are other fun words you'll want
Jessica
Nov 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017
HOW CUTE was this book!!! The different animals on each page were just the cutest. How many times can I say cute in this review? lol!! I can't help it!! Super sweet book and was surprised to see that it was from Jimmy Fallon. If this is his first children's book, then I hope he continues to write more and more.
Minna
Apr 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kids-book
I knew I shouldn't have read the reviews of this.
I KNEW I shouldn't have read the reviews.
I KNEW IT.
...and still, I looked.

FFS, people, would you PLEASE stop rating a CHILDREN'S BOOK based on:
-your antipathy towards Jimmy Fallon's salary
-your antipathy towards Jimmy Fallon's political views
-your antipathy towards Jimmy Fallon's comedy (or lack thereof)
-your antipathy towards the easiness/simplicity of this book

Are you kidding me with the "there's no character arc?" SERIOUSLY? Have you READ Good
Jacob
Mar 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Cute!
Sarah J. Bradley
May 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Got this from my adult daughter for Mother's Day. Joy oozes out of each page, and who can't use more joy in their lives? Sure, there are maybe three dozen words, but so what? A good book is a good book no matter where you find it. As a former teacher, I'm not sure I would put this on a school shelf, because this should be more of a shared experience between parent and child.
Jacqueline
Jan 20, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018, picture-books
The genius isn’t the story, but Fallon knowing a book like this would sell well. Written in five minutes and he’s laughing all the way to the bank while we keep buying copies as baby shower gifts.
Renee
Mar 05, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A fun book, especially if you've read Jimmy Fallon's Dada book.
Leslie
Dec 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I read it to my son every single night. It’s precious, but I’m over it.
Jessica Brown
Mar 22, 2018 rated it did not like it
I really hated his first book and I really hate this one. With the exception of John Lithgow, can celebrities just stop fucking making god awful picture books?
Darcie Caswell
Nov 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Not every celebrity written children's book delivers, but this one does. "Everything is Mama"reflects all the joy, humor and frustration that can come from teaching toddlers to speak. Here, let me teach you the word for "waffle" and repeat it twenty times in the span of two sentences so you will understand this thing you are eating is a waffle. What is it? "Mama!" sigh. Jimmy Fallon is in on the joke here with parents and caregivers, as he replays this scenario on every page. A Tiger adult says ...more
Viviane Elbee
Nov 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Amusing art by Miguel Ordonez, especially the spaghetti eating giraffe.

This is a very quick read, with few words. It repeats the word “mama” on almost every page, so young children who like repetitive words in their stories may like it.

There is not much of a story - it feels more like an extended joke with a “mama love” punchline.

It’s unfortunate they did not put the illustrator’s name on the front cover.
Jj
Nov 01, 2017 rated it did not like it
Another unwanted entry in the ever-growing "celebrities write books for kids" category. Wonderful how this book manages to gently balance both insipid and unfunny... and punctuate it all with a message that "mama" has no identity or sense of self outside of motherhood. THUMBS DOWN.

Oh, I almost forgot: GIANT THUMBS DOWN to this and the previous one like it (Your Baby's First Word Will Be DADA) for omitting the name of the illustrator on the cover of the book. Illustrators rarely get adequate bill
Michelle (FabBookReviews)

Simple premise with cute illustrations- will likely incite some giggles from little ones. To echo comments of other reviewers: the illustrator's name- Miguel Ordóñez- should have been included on the cover! A big (if not the biggest) appeal of these Fallon books is how cute the illustrations are; not having Ordóñez's name on the cover on this title (and the previous Fallon book) is a glaring omission.
Lanie
Nov 05, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: kids, picture-books
Not much of a story. But it has the sweetest little drawings. :D I adore that picture of the giraffe eating noodles. Totally recommended for a mom with real young kids. :D it'd make a nice addition to any kid's library. :D
Baby Bookworm
May 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: our-reviews

Hello friends, and Happy Mother’s Day! In honor of the occasion, we have a special review today: Everything Is Mama, written by Jimmy Fallon and illustrated by Miguel Ordóñez, the follow-up to the massively popular Your Baby’s First Word Will Be Dada.

This time around, there’s a new wrinkle in teaching the book’s collection of baby animals to say their parents’ names. Namely, the baby animals do
Rylee Lin
Sep 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a book about how children when first beginning to talk are limited to the word "mama." This is a light hearted book a where a baby penguin calls everything mama. In the end it says that the baby penguin think everything is mama but to mama everything is you. This book shows the love and connection between a mama and her baby.

Theres not a stronger bond then the mother and her child.

5 star

This is a very simple book but it has a cute ending. It shows that mama’s love their children and th
Barbara
Although Your Baby's First Word Will Be Dada was wildly popular, leading to this follow-up, I wasn't particularly enamored with either one. It's cute enough, but doesn't really have anything new to say. For little ones, it really is all about Mama once they learn to say that particular word and associate it with the person who is most likely their caregiver. Through a series of images that seem to be digitally drawn, various animals react in delight to the arrival of their mothers even while new ...more
Elizabeth Guzman
So cute! I enjoyed reading this book very much. Even though there are few words it tells a little story perfectly. It shows the relationship between a mother and a baby. This relationship is close knit. Because of this, one of a baby’s first words is usually mama! The baby sees everything and says simply the word, Mama! The baby will eventually, one day realize that while they call everything mama, to mama they really are everything.
The illustrations in the book are adorable. Many animals are s
Daniel Thompson
Sep 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
I think that this book is cute and can be educational for kids. Even though the baby animals only say "mama" the young children still have to be able to say the other words that the mother animals have. For example, a young reader through this novel could learn to say hat, shoes, and flower which are words they would use in the future. The illustrations also show what the mother animals are holding which would help young readers. I also like how the ending adds that essentially the baby animals ...more
Emily Parker
Feb 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
First off, I LOVE Jimmy Fallon and I never noticed he had a children picture book. This book is intended for a much younger audience who is just starting to talk and learn words. There is a new word on every page and the illustration follows the word so they can learn them as they go, for example there is a word ball and standing there is a little penguin holding a ball to show what the word is for them to understand and follow a long. The ending is super sweet and is a good way to show how grat ...more
Sean Harding
Jan 18, 2019 rated it liked it
So Jimmy Fallon king of the Tonight Show complete with terrible fake laugh and what passes for humour in the good old USA writes a book for kids, this is in fact a companion to some other yarn he penned. Did he write them himself? Let's pretend he did, without knowing any evidence to the contrary. Anyway this one seems to be all what the title says it is and mot much more.
A picture book by a celebrity would surely get some sales.
There you have it - see you next time on the celebrity book circu
Cindy Mitchell *Kiss the Book*
Fallon, Jimmy Everything is Mama, illustrated by Miguel Ordóñez. PICTURE BOOK. Feiwel and Friends (Macmillan), 2017. $17. 9781250125842

Fallon’s name will sell this, but Ordóñez’s illustrations will keep selling to your child. The premise is adorable – and any mother will want this for mother’s day, a baby shower, or any other excuse, but the illustrations are so super adorable! This will make an even better board book.

Pre-K, GIFT – ESSENTIAL. Cindy, Library Teacher
A funny and cute book about babies who only say Mama, although their mamas are trying to show them other wonderful things in the world. Ends on a sweet note that everything is mama to the babies, but the babies are everything to the mamas.

I think this one is about my nephew whose cry sounded like "maaamaaa!" since the day he was born!

Activities:
Can use as a picture dictionary for those learning simple objects in English.
Can match the babies to their mamas on the last page.
Juliana
Dec 07, 2017 rated it liked it
I'm sure the littlest ones would get a kick out of this. Jimmy's first kid's book is better. There's not much substance to these kids books at all. There's no real message or story arc. It's a bunch of animal parents trying to get their animal babies to say something else other than Mama. That's it. It's a cute book and really, it's the illustrations that make this. It's really shameful that the illustrator gets no credit on the front cover when they basically carry this book.
Brett
Dec 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Lots of Kids books gonna be on this feed in the next few years since I'm Daddin' hard so be warned

Look, I don't really like Jimmy Fallon even if his musical impressions are pure genius. The whole normalizing Trump with his sweetie-pie softball interview schtick was a royal bummer. That said, this book is pretty cute. Fun artwork and a good rhythm that bebe enjoys.
Bizzy's Books
May 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: moms, lol
My kids think this book is hilarious, and I agree. It takes the idea of little kiddos who can't say much beyond the word "mama" and runs with it. Everything these little ones see is "mama," and the repetitive structure gets funnier and funnier as the book goes on. Very enjoyable, and a wonderful partner to the "Dada" book.
Becky B
Animal mothers try to teach their children the names of everyday items, but each little one responds with Mama (well, except for the duckling).

This is one for toddlers to teach them the names of objects, but it is presented in an entertaining way for adults. Kids should like the illustrations. Adults should appreciate the irony.
Gwen Ayler
Feb 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
After reading the Dada book by Jimmy Fallon I know I’d be excited when I finally got a chance to read the Mama version and it didn’t disappoint. The illustrations are adorable and as someone who is trying to ensure “Mama” is my daughter’s first word, this is a great one to practice hearing that word over and over again!

• A Parade of Elephants
  • Never, Ever Shout in a Zoo
  • Is That Wise, Pig?
  • Hello Hello
  • P. Zonka Lays an Egg
  • Kiss Kiss! (Mini Edition)
  • Pignic
  • Best in Snow
  • Move Over, Rover!
  • Silly Doggy!
  • Mama's Kisses
  • Humpty Dumpty Climbs Again
  • Pumpkin Cat
James Thomas Fallon, Jr. is an American comedian, actor, and musician known for his work on Saturday Night Live. He is also scheduled to become the host of Late Night in 2009.