Start by marking “X Marks the Spot” as Want to Read:
X Marks the Spot

X Marks the Spot

Opal Carew takes desire to a whole new level in her latest erotic, standalone romance!

Abi has been in love with Del for years, but they never got around to acting on their mutual attraction. And then she met and married his best friend, Liam.

But when Abi and Liam's marriage falls apart, Abi decides to take control of her life and find her happily-ever-after with Del. So w
Published April 3rd 2018 by St. Martin's Griffin

To ask other readers questions about X Marks the Spot, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about X Marks the Spot

D.M.
Feb 16, 2018 rated it it was ok
I love taboo romance novels but this one went too far. It was messed up with a capital F. The sexy scenes were hot but not enough to save the book. I wanted Liam to get his wife back... if he wanted her. I've read a few of Opal Carew's books and have enjoyed them but I'm sorry this one is a no from me.

Abi has a close network of friends who are entangled with her family. She married one, Liam but should have held out for Del. A wedding brings these three together. Abi sleeps with her husband and
Chris  C - A Midlife Wife
Hit and miss.. 2.5 stars
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I have a ton of mixed feelings about this book. I have read several books by this author now. In fact, I just finished one not too long ago. So when I started delving into this story, I have to say I was a bit shocked.

The main issue for me is the female character Abi. She is so unlike any other character that this author has developed before. Maybe that’s the problem. Comparing her to other books.

However, with the underlying theme of one woman trying to d
Sissy's Romance Book Review
X Marks the Spot by Opal Carew is the story of Abi, Liam and Del.
Abi and Liam were married but Abi couldn't get her crush of Del, Liam best friend from her mind. When Liam and Abie break up she thinks now is her time to get with Del but Liam still wants her.
This story worked through the three people finding each other and working towards having something together.
This was a different type romance that might not be for everyone but I really enjoyed their story.
Escape into a Booksite
Dec 05, 2018 marked it as dnf
Shelves: kindle
Copy kindly received via Net Galley in exchange for an honest review.

This one showed up on my NetGalley without me requesting it. I appreciate the opportunity to review, but I am not sure if I would have requested this one. I wasn't too sure if I wanted to read it as I wasn't overly hooked on the one previous book I had read by this author. I started this and it's immediately throwing you into what will inevitably be a love triangle that I just don't really feel that I want to read about. The
Linda
Three stars for "X Marks the Spot"; Ms Carew introduces us to Abi a young women who finds herself wanting to move on with her life, separated from her husband for two years waiting on him to sign the divorce papers Abi finds herself reluctantly looking forward to her brothers wedding . The wedding brings the oppurtunity to see her freind Del. Del was the first person she met when attending college for her masters ; a freind of her brother's who stopped in to watch ove her a dell her acclimate . ...more
Hannah
Feb 12, 2018 rated it it was ok
Since I'm not particularly a fan of this author, it floored me to find the book on my NetGalley shelf. I sure never would have requested it. It showed up automatically. I hope it doesn't happen again.

It's worth about 1.5 stars.

The book is OK. I've read a few things from this author, and it's probably the best of the lot. That isn't saying much though.

I had a terrible time feeling anything for any of the characters, despite the author's attempt to make them sympathetic... to the point of being an
Kylie Amber
Mar 13, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2018
**I received an ARC from NetGalley and publisher St. Martin's Press in exchange for my honest review**

"It is a beautiful view," she said gazing out over the water.
"Yes, it is."

I gave X Marks the Spot a 2-star rating and honestly that’s being generous. The only reason I am giving it is because I enjoyed the intimate scenes and felt like they had depth to them. I also enjoyed the character Del, but besides that it was a thumbs down for me. This story had no exciting plot to it, even though there w
Whispers From
Feb 14, 2018 rated it liked it
Abi is getting divorced but it's taking two years to get her husband, Liam, to sign the papers. He thinks they can work it out. But Abi wants to move on with her friend Del, who's also Liam's best friend. At her brother's wedding, she waits for Del in his bed. But awakes to find Liam. Liam believes she wants to reconcile and they go at it like bunnies because she still loves Liam but he wasn't there when she needed him. Liam is very rich and will do anything to get his wife back, even coerce her ...more
Becky
Feb 12, 2018 rated it did not like it
Can I give a negative star?!?! WTF !! Abi is a selfish, imature, manipulative annoying female lead... Liam can't love me for me, just married me because I became preggers. I love Liam and Del! I am married to Liam but trying to sleep with Del.(seperated.. 2years). Won't stay married to Liam because he was only child and wants family & they believe she can't become pregnant ever. But when she does, she does NOT intend to tell Liam he is going to be a dad!! The one thing she insists she can't ...more
Heather
Feb 23, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: reviewed
I have read and enjoyed several of Opal Carew's books. However, I must say this one just didn't quite do it for me. The characters, especially, Abi, were just too weak and indecisive. So while I enjoy a good menage romance, this one ended up being a menage simply because Abi couldn't figure out which man she wanted and kept jumping from bed to bed. She wasn't likeable so at times I frankly wanted both men to drop her.
⚜️Trea
FTC DISCLAIMER: I RECEIVED AN E-ARC FROM THE PUBLISHER THROUGH NET GALLEY. I VOLUNTARILY OFFER MY HONEST REVIEW OF THE BOOK, THOUGH IT IS NOT EXPECTED OF ME! RECEIPT OF THIS BOOK IN THIS MANNER DOES NOT AFFECT MY OPINION OF THE BOOK OR THE CONTENT OF MY REVIEW!

I was absolutely disgusted with this book, and not for the reason that one might think. I actually had no problem with some of the erotic situations that were showcased in the story. What I had a problem with was the heroine's wishy-washy
Maranda
Mar 13, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Love the cover on this book and it really ties in with the story. Triangle of characters with only the third line needing to be drawn. Abi is friends with Del who is friends with Abi's brother. Abi is married to Liam who has refused to sign divorce papers for two years. Liam is also best friends with Del and is close to her family. SCREAMING SOAP OPERA IN PRINT! Trust issues shadow the pages of this book and stall these characters from a HEA. Plot is a bit weak but the pages kept turning for me ...more
Myra Espino
Feb 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley, arc
**This book is not for the faint heart**

Frankly, I rarely like this kind of book. But I was intrigued on the story and how will it end. From the start up to the last, I was easily pulled in into the story. There are times that I want to freaking throttle the living s**t out of the characters lol. But I just can't get mad to the characters regardless of what they've done. Overall, the story is good and full of surprises!
Liza
Mar 29, 2018 rated it liked it
Somehow X Marks the Spot is the first book I've ever read by Opal Carew. Yes I know I'm late to the game, but I can say I'm happy to have a back list of books to read now that I've discovered Ms. Carew's books.

I honestly liked all three of the main characters in X Marks the Spot. My heart broke a bit about Abi and Liam's history with the loss of their baby, but I still liked them both as well as Del. My only real issue was the fact the three of them waited so long to find a solution to their sit
Heather 123
May 07, 2018 rated it did not like it
UGH...I shouldn't have bothered. This is the third book but this author I've read and the second that I've hated. The other one was just okay....can't say I liked it...

First off, Abi is a tramp. She apparently can't keep her legs closed and doesn't think there's anything wrong with jumping from her husband's bed to his best friend's bed only a few hours later. Apparently it's impossible for her to go more than 2 days without sex. She promises Del she won't sleep with Liam but that promise only l
Veronica
I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.

This is the first book I’ve read by Opal Carew and early on I wasn’t sure what to make of it. I was having issues with the characters and the story and about 10% in I read a line in a sex scene that just had me laughing and laughing. When I shared this with fellow reviewers I was told Ms Carew writes “unapologetic smut”. This actually helped me get in the right headspace to enjoy the story.

X Marks the Spot is the story abou
Ruthie Taylor
Mar 27, 2018 rated it liked it
~~I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads ~~

I am a big fan of ménage romance, so was excited to get this on my Kindle. Ms Carew has written some super hot erotica and this also has some very sexy scenes in it. I did however struggle with the pacing and the timing of events. I felt that everything I wanted was there, but just that the way it unfolded didn't entirely convince me.

It is difficult to pinpoint what the issue was, but I think it was that I didn't identi
Avid Reader
X Marks the Spot by Opal Carew
3 stars
M/F/M Romance
Triggers: Cheating, Miscarriage
I was given this book for an honest review by Wicked Reads.

Abi, Liam and Del... Where to begin with this story? Hmmm. Abi is a woman who is trying to move on from a tragedy in her life. What's making this the most difficult is that her wealthy husband is refusing to divorce her.

Del and Abi have been friends since her older brother asked him to watch over her in school. Despite their attraction, Del has placed Abi f
Avephoenix
Apr 05, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 STARS!!

This story wasn't to entertaining at the beginning, but I'm glad I didn't give up on my reading so fast.

This book is not about cheating, is about 2 men willing to share the woman they love and whom in returned loves them back. While there is some jealousy and winning throughout the story, everything changes when the three of them start interacting together.

If you're a fan of Ménage beautifully well written, this book is for you. Abi, Del, and Liam's story was very interesting and I r
Cathy Geha
Apr 01, 2018 rated it it was ok
X Marks the Spot by Opal Carew

Abi is conflicted…there are two men she has “loved” and one she has married then separated from. She believes she is ready to move on to the one she knows she has loved all along but is she really ready to give up the man she has been separated from for two years? This is a story of three people finding a way to be together that works for all of them. That said, I did not relate to any of them and really can’t see why Liam or Del found Abi so special. The believabil
Alecia ~☆~The Staircase Reader~☆~
*arc received through netgalley*

DNF.....

this saddens me to say but I had to give this book up. the blurb and cover made it look like a promising read not to mention I've read and really enjoyed books by opal carew in the past but this novel jumps character point of views to damn much making it hard to understand what is going on and resulting in lack of character connections.
Elizabeth
Apr 17, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle, netgalley
I wanted a light hearted book to read following some really tough ones, so I selected Ms. Carew’s book. I’d like to say I loved it, but I found that I had some issues with it (and it wasn’t the sex).

The central issue was Abi, the female character. Both Liam, her husband, and Del, her friend and want-to-be lover love Abi. Both want her for their own. Abi can’t choose.

That’s all I’ll say.

Thank you to St. Martin’s Press and NetGalley for the opportunity to read and provide an honest, and short re
Mary
Mar 21, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: wicked
I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.

This is not your typical romance, or menage, story.

Abi and Liam have been separated for a couple of years and Liam refuses to sign the divorce papers. He insists he still loves her, but Abi has her doubts. After a tragic loss, he pulled away from her in every way that counted and she can't put herself in that position again.

She's always had a fierce attraction for Del, but neither of them acted on it because Del is her brot
Kim
Apr 03, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018
This was a bit of a hard book to get through. Chemistry out the wazoo, but I didn't connect with the heroine. Abi came off a bit selfish and whiny. She dangled Liam and Del and strung them both on longer than I would have liked.

Overall, it was a decent enough book, but the lack of connection made it a bit of a struggle to get through.
Amanda Carle St-Jacques
Jan 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Starts off with a fire burning between the couples and it just keeps getting hotter right to the end.
Donna
Mar 08, 2018 rated it it was ok
I’m a fan of Opal Carew’s, but unfortunately this one fell flat for me. I could not connect with the characters or the premise of the story.
Naughty Mom Story Time
Overall: 3.75/5
Naughty Factor: 4/5
POV: Multi/3rd person

I have mixed feelings about this book. I liked the destination, but I did not enjoy the journey as expected. Abi was too wishy-washy about her feelings for both men and I was aggravated most of the time. Sure they ended up having an HEA, but I kinda felt like she unknowingly manipulated them toward it.

Having finished a similar scenario prior to this book...I think it’s the approach that bothered me. As apposed to other books I’ve read with
Teresa
Feb 12, 2018 rated it it was ok
Liz
Apr 01, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 stars.
Kris
Mar 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018, wrrt
I received a copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads

I had a bit of a love/hate with this book. At times I really found leading lady, Abi, to be way too wishy washy and stringing the men along cruelly. She's sleeping with her ex husband but had planned to sleep with her long time friend, Del, that night, just happens the two switched rooms. She loves her ex, Liam, but loves Del too. The patience displayed by these two men (who happen to be old friends themselves) was a bit far reach
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Trapped with the Alpha (Balfour Shifters, #1)
  • Bound to Be a Groom (Regency Reimagined, #1)
  • Carnal Deceptions
  • Voyeur (Fated Trilogy, #1)
  • Hooked (Viking Bastards MC, #1)
  • Shooting Dirty (Dirty Eleven, #2)
  • Angels and Ashes (Heaven's Rejects MC, #2)
  • Hidden Paradise
  • DILF
  • Devil's Honor (The Devil's Keepers #1)
  • Masters for Hire (Masters Saga, #1)
  • UnLove Me  (Angels Warriors MC Trilogy #1-3)
  • Red Handed (Benediction, #2)
  • Starstruck Romance and Other Hollywood Tails: A Second Acts Novel
  • Raw and Dirty (Bad Boys MC Trilogy, #1)
  • Our Little Secret (Finding Forever #1)
  • Too Much (All or Nothing, #1)
  • The Duke Who Ravished Me (Rebellious Brides, #4)
New York Times and USA Today bestselling author, Opal Carew loves cats, Zentangle, and wild nail polish!