Start by marking “The Right Ranger (The Men of At Ease Ranch, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Right Ranger (The Men of At Ease Ranch, #3)

The Right Ranger (The Men of At Ease Ranch #3)

4.42  ·  Rating details ·  220 Ratings  ·  78 Reviews
Haley Wagner's life just got a lot more complicated. As if turning her struggling ranch around isn't tough enough, she's forced to call him for help. With his hard eyes and even harder body, Cord is an irritatingly sexy contradiction of hot and cold. How can she possibly hide her embarrassing secret when just looking at Cord is a combustible event?

Former Army Ranger Cord B
Published June 12th 2017 by Entangled Publishing, LLC (Lovestruck)

To ask other readers questions about The Right Ranger, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Right Ranger

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends)

description

descriptionThe covers for this series are all on the generic side IMO. Again this doesn't give you a feel for the story found within. Sure the guy is hot, but it could be the cover for a thousand other romance books as well. The typography is interesting, but the composition feels off with the placement of the text.description

description

description This one was OK. I enjoyed it more than book two, but less than book one. This was yet another one of these ridiculous "bro code" stories that annoy me to no end. This one was especially head s
Dali
I was looking for a sexy, fun and lighthearted romance and The Right Ranger by Donna Michaels hit the spot.

This sort-of-friends to lovers romance was a great read with the overflowing chemistry between the main characters who desperately wanted to hide said attraction but failed miserably to do so. Everyone saw it. Their friends and family were cheering for them, they even encouraged it. But Haley Wagner and her late husband’s brother in arms Cord Brannigan who promised his friend to always l
Sofia Lazaridou
Jun 20, 2017 rated it liked it
I usually do not include spoilers in my reviews, but in this case, I want to include some things that happened in the book because they bothered me and I will be able to express myself.

I was wondering why does the dead spouse have to be someone who cheats? Lately, it seems to have become a trend. I don't understand why Haley's first husband had to cheat on her. Why couldn't he be a nice guy with whom she fell in love and lived happily until the day he died and then have Cord come and make her se
Michelle
Jun 27, 2017 rated it it was ok
The Right Ranger is the third book in the Men of At Ease Ranch series by Donna Michaels. I have not read either of the first two books, but we did get to see glimpses of the two couples from those books, and I really liked them, so I might eventually go back and read their stories. As for Haley and Cord's story. I liked it. It was a super quick read for me. Easy to digest in one short sitting, but I didn't love it if
Irene
4 stars

The Right Ranger by Donna Michaels was very enjoyable read.

I enjoyed the storyline, it was one of those reads that once you started reading you couldn't put it down. I found myself saying just one more chapter a lot lol
Haley and Cord were likable, endearing characters that warmed my heart watching their relationship unfold.
The drama towards the end was easily dealt with, with honest communication and a little kick in the pants from Cord's friends :D
These two were perfect for each other a
books are love
Jun 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Received in exchange for a honest review.

Great edition to this already sexy series. We have two stubborn, honest and loyal people. One has turned inward due to duty and guilt but also memories that won’t go away. Another from not wanting to tarnish anyone’s memory of the hometown hero.

Cord and Haley have insane chemistry. She is stubborn and doesn’t want him to think badly of Drew and he is stubborn and is afraid with all his baggage and his promise to Drew that he isn’t what she needs. He doesn
Valeen Robertson

Army Ranger Wallpaper

The Right Ranger is a sexy, sweet friend to lovers story. Haley is a widow of an Army Ranger, Drew, whose fellow teammates have all retired and now live in Texas near Haley's ranch. She was having a hard time even before Drew died two years earlier, and now really needs Cord's help with getting her ranch ready to be converted into a horse stabling ranch, rather than the cattle ranch it used to be. She's desperate, her foreman has injured himself, and she's been forced to let go most of the rest

Yvonne
Jun 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The Right Ranger is book 3 of Ms Michaels series titled The Men of At Ease Ranch. A ranch created to help veterans find a home and a life after serving their country.
I have enjoyed the series and this book is one of the best stories of the series.
Haley Wagner and ex-Army Ranger Cord Brannigan are the main characters . Hayley is the widow of one of an Army Ranger team memberd and now is trying to get the ranch she inherited up and running as a horse boarding ranch. Cord offers to help. He held
Bette Hansen
May 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I've loved this whole series and this may be my favorite to date. Haley and Cord just work so well together I couldn't help but fall in love with them. There's a nice easy flow to the story that just keeps you turning the pages. This is a great story of two people fighting an attraction due to a sense of honor but in the end is inevitable. They both keep secrets that could hurt the other and could ultimately drive them apart. Grab a copy of this one and enjoy their story! I highly recommend it.
Tara
May 31, 2017 rated it liked it
I received this ARC from Netgalley for an honest review.
When former army ranger Cord receives a call for assistance from his army buddy's wife he goes to her immediately. Haley having lost her husband in war has had a difficult time keeping the ranch going and hopes that Cord can help her with some of the heavy duty work. Cord and Haley have great chemistry but Cord will not be with Haley because of her late husband and the guilt he holds for his death. Will they be able to resist one another.
Isha Coleman
Jun 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Donna Michaels has a penchant for writing stories of independent women with one major flaw. Pride. It leads to their downfall, every time. Of course there's always the thrill of a hot guy to help cushion the fall. For Haley and Cord rebuilding their friendship is an uphill battle, littered with secrets and promises. Can their burgeoning romance survive the drama heading it's way? The Right Ranger has classic written all over it.
Nadine Bookaholic
I have been waiting for Cord and Haley's story for a while and even though it wasn't smooth sailing for them it was a great ride. The chemistry between Haley and Cord was phenomenal. I didn't see how Cord thought he would be able to live under the same roof as Haley for three weeks and not act on their attraction, but I would give him a A just for trying ;)

My full review along with a #Giveaway can be seen on my blog here: https://nadineisobsessedwithbooks.blo...
Bec_BookMagicReviews

Haley Wagner is a very independent woman, determined not to rely on her ex-husband's comrades to help her with the ranch she inherited. But when she finds herself struggling to stay on top of things around the ranch, she calls on Cord Brannigan. Working side by side, they both do their best to ignore the chemistry between them, but it's impossible. Will Haley get a second chance at happy ever after, or will the secrets they're both keeping coming to light tear them apart?

The first two books of t
Books and Spoons
Jun 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: earc
Yes, I confess, I am in love with the Men at Ease Ranch, both as a series and as individual characters! And not even because of the hot ranger cowboy thing going on there, even if it does help, but because of what they stand for, because of who they are, what they are doing, and how they are willing to do the hard things, be the leaders, take care of their brothers and sisters in arms even after the service, that is what matters to me.
When you add Donna Michaels' style of writing; the mix of su
Kristie
Jun 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
The Right Ranger
By: Donna Michaels

⭐⭐⭐⭐ Star Review by Kristie K

Broken pasts breed broken hearts, but Donna Michaels delivers the cure in The Right Ranger…Love…

What do you get when two friends with an unspoken chemistry, interwoven and broken pasts, and hidden secrets are brought together for a common goal? The Right Ranger, by Donna Michaels…that’s what you get. Cord Brannigan promised his fallen Ranger teammate that he would take care of his wife for him, but he never realized at the time just
Didi
The thing about The Men of At Ease Ranch series that I loved since day one was the camaraderie between former Rangers who built new life at At Ease Ranch. The closeness and familiarity practically leaped from the page and brought smile to my face. Cord - especially - drew my attention over his close friendship with Brick and his apparent care to his sister on Her Secret Ranger. So of course I grabbed the chance to read his story.

This third installment to the series finally brought together Cord
Valerie
Jun 05, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2017-reads
2 1/2 stars

Let's be real, this cover drew me right to this book. And then I read that blurb and really wanted to read it. Love military guys and there's no doubt I'm on board for him 'trying' to keep his hands off her.

Here's the deal though, I missed part of the book. The part that wasn't written. I will admit that this is a book three but it's campaign books so I figured I'd be okay. Yet I still felt like I missed a whole lot of story.

I'm a show me kinda story girl. I want to hear the conversat
Defying Tradition Allisia Wysong
Alight I have been living under a rock or something because I have been seriously missing out on this author! Donna Michaels writes her characters with depth and real life issues. My friend Lisa suggested I read this series and I am so glad I did. I had the motivation to start reading because of this review, but once I started I couldn’t stop. I read all three books in three days, couldn’t put them down! If you haven’t read The Men of At Ease Rach series you NEED to, right away.
Now The Right
Elizabeth Neal
Haley, a widow, lost her husband during a mission as he was serving his country. Ever since, she's been struggling, emotionally, mentally, physically, and financially. She knows in order to save their ranch she needs to do something she'd rather not...call Cord for help.

Cord, a former Army Ranger, promised his fallen teammate, Drew, that he'd watch over his wife, Haley. This promise, though he will keep it, will be hard for Cord as he's had a crush on Haley for years, and knows a secret regardin
Liz ~ Liz's Reading Life
Jun 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Cord Brannigan is about to meet his match in the one woman that he's been secretly pining for for years.

Haley Wagner is living with a secret and the last thing she wants is have the one man that makes her weak in the knees under her roof. However she's between a rock and a hard place and needs help to make her ranch ready for her new business.

Cord and Haley have an insane attraction to each other and they fight it with everything they have, but you can only fight their kind of attraction for so
Jordan
Jun 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I Was Provided A ARC Through NetGalley
(Possible Spoilers)

Quite and stubborn, ex army ranger Cord Brannigan, just isn't himself lately, he has been caring around a lot of guilt the past couple of years, after the loss of one of the men on his team. And on top of that, he finds himself having to fight the explosive chemistry he feels towards the one woman he can't have. But that doesn't stop Cord from running to Haley Wagner's ranch, when she calls for help. The equally stubborn, sassy mouth woman
Teresa
May 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
**I received a copy of The Right Ranger from Entangled Publishing and Net Galley in exchange for a voluntary and honest review**

The Right Ranger by Donna Michaels is the third book in her Men of At Ease Ranch. I have read all three and really think that this one is my favorite. This is Cord and Hayley's story and I loved it so I'd give it 5 stars for everything and hope that there will be more books in the series.

Cord Brannigan made a dying promise to his teammate Drew but he has a secret that
Caroline at Book Geek
May 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed-2017
💙 Copy from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. 💙

Once I decided to start reading/reviewing again I told myself that if I read 15% every night for a week I could finish a book a week.
The other night, I was dog tired but managed to 12%. Keeping my own word I continued in order to get to 15%...
Turns out you can't just read...
The Right Ranger makes you turn "one more age" or "one more chapter" about eight+ times.
The only reason I stopped was it was late, my eyes were streaming because I was
Lucia
Fun and sexy off-limits romance with a strong simmering attraction while trying to do the right out of honour

The Right Ranger is an off-limits romance that is a wonderful addition to this small town series. With an undercurrent of simmering attraction that teeters on the edge of spilling over whenever the two characters are together, the strong sense of doing the right thing in order to honour leads to secrets unravelling in surprising twists to make this a fun read!

Told from dual point of view,
Christine Mize
Jun 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
When everything in your life has flipped upside down, the only thing standing between you and ruin is the help of friends. Even if you desperately do not want that help. Haley Wagner's life has suffered a number of hits, from the loss of her husband while overseas in the military, to the dream farm that the two planned to build. When her last ranch hand is injured on the job, she has no choice than to reach out to Cord Brannigan, a Former Army Ranger officer who served with her husband. The bigg ...more
Crystal
Jul 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
After I finished The Right Ranger, two questions immediately came to mind. Is Vince next? And how the hell did I miss the 2nd book?! I devoured the first book and freaking loved The Right Ranger, how on earth did I miss Beth and Brick's book? I will fix that wrong lickety–split! And speaking of lick (see what I did there...), we need to take a moment to admire these covers. Holy Abs, Batman!

Okay, back to The Right Ranger. I loved every moment of this book. Although this may only be the 2nd book
Chanda Norman
Jun 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another excellent romance from Donna Michaels' "The Men of At Ease Ranch" series. The men of At Ease Ranch are ex military/cowboys with plenty of macho and sex appeal.

In this book we met Cord who is going to help Haley a fallen Ranger's wife that lives near his hometown of Joyful. As Drew took his last breath Cord promised him would look after his wife Haley. The problem is that Cord has been half in love with Haley for years so until now he has kept his promise from a distance out of respect.
Heather
May 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book is the third book in the series but they all completely stand alone (no cliffhangers) so you can read them in any order as long as you don't mind small details about the previous couples being spoiled. There is both cursing and on-screen sex in this one, so if that isn't your jam, you might not enjoy this, but you'll be missing a beautiful story...and, to be totally honest, really hot chemistry.

This book was exactly – EXACTLY – what I wanted for Cord and Haley's story. When we met seri
Beth ~ Panda & Boodle
Jun 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
“Promise me, man. I need you to promise me you’ll watch over her.”

The Right Ranger is not only the third book in Donna Michaels’ The Men of At Ease Ranch series—it's also the third one I've loved reading.

I am absolutely enamored with these Rangers-cum-Cowboys. They're charming and swoony, gruff and damaged, and very, very hot. And Cord might be my favorite… so far.

His connection with Haley was teased in Her Secret Ranger and, as I said in my review then, I expected their story to pack a bit mo
Debbie Collins
Jun 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Right Ranger is the third book in The Men of at Ease Ranch series, and although they have all been fantastic, I think this one is my favorite.
Cord Brannigan promised his fallen teammate that he would protect and watch over his wife, Haley Wagner. That is not a promise that Cord took lightly and whenever she calls he goes running, even if she doesn't call he checks up on her. The problem is that Haley is very independent and being a widow, she has secrets that she doesn't want her husbands Ra
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Hi there. Thank you for checking out my profile.

I live in Northeast Pa where we experience all four seasons, although, I wouldn’t mind hanging onto summer a bit more and winter a bit less. I’m married to a career military man; we have four wonderful children, and an assortment of rescued cats. Never a dull moment in my household!

I'm excited to say I'm an award winning, NYT & USA Today Bestsel
More about Donna Michaels

The Men of At Ease Ranch (5 books)
  • In a Ranger's Arms (The Men of At Ease Ranch, #1)
  • Her Secret Ranger (The Men of At Ease Ranch, #2)
  • Army Ranger with Benefits (The Men of At Ease Ranch, #4)
  • The Army Ranger's Surprise

Romance Deals

• Protected (Deadly Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Plain Fame (Plain Fame #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Crazy Little Thing (Bell Harbor, #1)
  • Safe Haven
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The King (Masterpiece Duet, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Along the Broken Road (The Roads to River Rock, #1)
  • Avalon
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Down the Hidden Path (The Roads to River Rock Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Kind of You (Trillium Bay #1)
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Queen and the Cure (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #2)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • If You Stay (Beautifully Broken, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Moonlight Over Paris
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Crossing Hearts (Cross Creek, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Burned by Her Devotion (Rogue Vows, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Trouble with Dukes (Windham Brides, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Crossing the Line (Cross Creek #2)
  • Yours Until Dawn
    $6.74 $1.99
  • Fallen Crest Forever (Fallen Crest Series #7)
  • I See London, I See France
  • Dragonwyck
    $14.99 $1.99
  • While You Were Mine
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Falling Star (Shooting Stars, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly in Love (Lake Haven, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seconds to Live (Scarlet Falls #3)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Her Darkest Nightmare (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Passing His Guard (Against the Cage, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Minutes to Kill (Scarlet Falls, #2)
  • Sharp Edges
    $6.72 $1.99
  • Our Now and Forever (Ardent Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Us (Fusion, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Law of Moses (The Law of Moses, #1)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Emerald (Red Hot Love #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • White Heat (Firefighter Book 1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • His First and Last (Ardent Springs, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Softhearted (Deep in the Heart, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Goodbye Bride (Summer Harbor, #2)
  • The Wedding Chapel
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Raven Prince (princes trilogy)
  • Maggie's Turn
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cover of Darkness (Suspense Series, #2)
  • After You Left
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How the Cowboy Was Won (Cupid, Texas, #6)
  • Don't Let Go
  • Magnolia Nights
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Goodbye (Morgan Dane, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Filthy Rich (Blackstone Dynasty, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1; Feline Breeds, #1)
  • Saving Abby
    $4.49 $1.99
  • She Can Kill (She Can...#5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
  • Trust in Advertising
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
  • Changing Lanes
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Doing It Over (Most Likely To, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • One Dance with a Duke (Stud Club, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • An Obsession with Vengeance (Wanted Men, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Promise of Provence (Love in Provence, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tracks of Her Tears (Rogue Winter, #1)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • A Matter of Grave Concern
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Duke's Holiday (The Regency Romp Trilogy, #1)
  • Stay (WAGs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, #7)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Heat Wave
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Pleasures (Pleasures, #2)
  • Hello Love
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Be Mine Tonight  (Brotherhood of Blood, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • A Darker Dream
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone like You (Someone to Love, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Murder Notes (Lilah Love, #1)
  • Since You've Been Gone
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dangerous Waters (Barkley Sound, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
  • Emergency Contact
    $10.99 $3.99
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Salvation of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #2)
  • Fired (Worked Up, #1)
  • Things We Know by Heart
  • Internet Famous
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Kissing in America
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Rock Me (Ross Siblings Book 2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone to Love (Someone to Love, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Best Man (Alpha Men, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Never Love a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bent (Back to Brooklyn, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Stone Cold Cowboy (Montana Men, #4)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Dating (Lake Haven,  #2)
  • Midnight Embrace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Engaged (Lake Haven #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Fall (Tracers, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
  • The Crush
    $7.99 $2.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • More to Give (Anchor Island #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Up to the Challenge (Anchor Island, #2)
  • The Color of Secrets
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Home to Stay (Anchor Island, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gone to Her Grave (Rogue River, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone Like Her (K2 Team, #2)
  • Thrill of Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hellion (Wicked Wallflowers, #1)
  • Roomies
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crazy for Her (K2 Team, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Left Drowning (Left Drowning #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Midnight Sacrifice (Midnight, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Obsession (Midnight, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Betrayal (Midnight, #3)
  • Meant to Be