Start by marking “Vermin 2.0: Hunger Pains (Detest-A-Pest, #1)” as Want to Read:
Vermin 2.0: Hunger Pains (Detest-A-Pest, #1)

Vermin 2.0: Hunger Pains

(Detest-A-Pest #1)

Sam's fear of rats takes him to the verge of terror. When super-sized vermin turn up in his apartment, his phobia pushes him over the edge.

But it isn’t one or two rats. A hybrid colony – genetically superior, strong, and super intelligent – has moved into the basement... and living flesh is on the menu.

Pets and tenants disappear, leaving behind a wake of carnage Sam is po
Published May 1st 2017 by Frankenscript Press

To ask other readers questions about Vermin 2.0, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Vermin 2.0

Start your review of Vermin 2.0: Hunger Pains (Detest-A-Pest, #1)
OutlawPoet
Apr 05, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: new-york, chompy
Well, this was a blast of a book.

Creepy, hungry critters that simply will not stop!

Heartbreak, but also humor.

Really fun characters! While I would have liked to get to know one or two a bit better before they got chomped, I still enjoyed them.

Book one of 3!
Diane Lynch
Aug 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Vernon 2.0 is a gruesome horror. What would happen if rats were able to think and plan. That is what appears to happen in this old apartment building where the main character, Sam Shaw, is the superintendent.

The characters are well developed. They are all colorful and entertaining in their own way. The author makes this into a great story as the characters are introduced to the reader and interact with each other and the rats. Don't get too attatched to any of them.

The focus of the book is ver
Pamela Manning
Apr 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received an advance copy of this book for my honest review.
For starters this book was well written and flowed easy. The characters were well defined and the surrounding were well described. Now with those details out of the way, this book kept me on pins and needles. There were times my skin crawled and creeped me out but I could not put the book down. This book is one of the best books that I have read in a long time that actually kept my attention and freaked me out all at the same time. Th
Tina Cole
Oct 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
My skin is still crawling

As a person who is extremely afraid of a tiny little mouse, this book was terrifying! Lee did an excellent job describing these icky rats! I loved the story of Sam and Brad, father and son intertwined throughout. This was one of those unputdownable books! I love horror of all kinds and I loved Vermin 2.0! Highly recommended!
Deb Randolph
Jul 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Amazing!

Huge intelligent rats are trying to take over an apartment complex. I was sold on that alone when I was looking for a book to read. What I didn't expect was the great writing style of this author. Great characters, lots of gore, with some humor thrown in makes this book awesome. I will be putting this author on my favorite list.
Victoria Bowden
Apr 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Rats

I’ve always been afraid of rats but the idea of giant rats terrify me. But I didn’t want to put the book down until I was finished reading. This book will have your heart beating erratically in no time.
Stephen Morley
Jun 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the second book of Gabel's I've read and I enjoyed it just as much as the first one. I really felt the fear of the characters as they dealt with all the "little issues" along the way. I look forward to other novels in the future! ...more
Page Turner
Dec 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Had me squeamish the entire read. Yeesh! I loved the connection between the characters and the wit was appreciated throughout this gory journey. Good book
Dennis Dicker
Feb 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Willard's cousins return

The saga continues. Rats that think and plan war against us. Be scared! Very, very scared. Read before it's too late!
Crystal
Oct 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I got this book thinking it would be a fun October read, and it was. I really enjoyed the fast pace of the story, it was a great horror novel. Gory, bit not too gory, scary ( I really hate rats) but with some humour thrown in. This is the first book in a series and I enjoyed it enough to get book 2.
Billie
Hugh E. Mardis
Jul 12, 2020
Goodreads Librari...: Please create a new series 3 14 Aug 30, 2020 07:22PM

• Between
  • Darklight (Darklight #1)
  • Abominable
  • Voro
  • Claw
  • The Lost World: A Retelling
  • Baker County Bigfoot Chronicle
  • K-Rex
  • The Carrow Haunt
  • Profusion (Diffusion, #3)
  • Between Worlds
  • The Mind of Many (Bridgers, #4)
  • The Trial of Extinction (Bridgers #5)
  • The Bond of Absolution (Bridgers #6)
  • The Cost of Survival (Bridgers, #2)
  • Darkworld (Darklight #3)
  • The Voice of Reason (Bridgers #3)
Since 1992, Lee has worked within the visual and dramatic arts landscape as a graphic designer, illustrator, visual effects artist, animator, screenwriter and author. He's contributed to an Emmy award (LOST; "Pilot; Part 1 and Part 2") and once walked 63.5 kilometers in 13 hours. Traditionally trained as a screenwriter, Lee transitioned to writing books in order to share his stories and is the aut ...more

Detest-A-Pest (3 books)
  • Arachnid 2.0: Darkness Crawls (Detest-A-Pest #2)
  • Molerat 2.0: Terror Burrows (Detest-A-Pest #3)

News & Interviews

The last five years of world history have been nothing if not...eventful. When living in interesting times, there's nothing better for...