Start by marking “How to Design a Duke (Wardington Park, #9)” as Want to Read:
How to Design a Duke (Wardington Park, #9)

How to Design a Duke

(Wardington Park #9)

He's charming. She's skeptical.
He's a wolf in sheep's clothing, and she sees straight through to his heart.
It'll never work. Or will it?

Lady Laura Abbey has much adjusting to do.
In a matter of one year she went from
being a little seamstress ... to a widow ... to the heiress of the Season.

She knows nothing about London and Society, but she'll have to learn quickly if she
Published April 24th 2017 by ShermanBrooks Publishers

Start your review of How to Design a Duke (Wardington Park, #9)
Leslie
May 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: regency, ku
I really enjoyed this story of a slightly older (25) heroine who has been raised from trade by her marriage. Now a widow she is facing her first season in London and is a bit overwhelmed. she immediate meets a Duke with a terrible reputation who wants something from her; not her body but her late husband's papers.

A lot of these characters appeared in earlier books by the author but you don't need to read those books to keep up. Having read this book I will be be going back and reading the rest.
Jo
May 05, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, historical
In spite of the great story, there were a couple of problems with this book.

1. It had a LOT of contemporary language in it: sure, okay, "across the pond", "having issues", etc. Mind you, I'm not a fan of Regencies that pack 20 Regency slang words and phrases into every paragraph, either. *cough GeorgetteHeyer cough* But other than references to cravats and the ton and whatnot, this could have been almost any time period. A sprinkling of Regency language does help anchor it in time.

2. The other
Gilgamesha
Jul 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Magic in every page...except a few

I have come across so many well written and executed bools that were completely forgettable...and I have also come across alot of bad books which I want to forget. But there is a few times where the right amount of hard work and the right amount of magic create the kind of book you can't put down. I loved Albion....I want to marry him....I loved Laura...I want to be her.....the characters were wonderful....secondary ones too...and the story was woven quite
Brit
May 09, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2017
Stumbled through the entire book. Ended up skipping pages. Poor spelling, poor wording.
Alexandra
May 15, 2017 rated it liked it
Felt a bit rushed

Not an overall bad book, but a bit short and could have been better. The formatting with the the chapters was strange, and I felt as if some concepts and characters could have been more fleshed out and explored. Instead, it lead to a good story line but a very sloppy and lazy book in some regards.
Vera mallard
May 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
STORY-LINE HOW TO DESIGN A DUKE BY ELEANOR MEYERS:

How To Design A Duke features Albion Kay IV, the Duke of Oakley and Lady Laura Abbey in Regency England. Laura, lowly born daughter of a seamstress, found her situation much improved when she married Lord Abbey. Married only a short time before Abbey's death, she's now the season's heiress hunting for a husband. The men are looking for wealth and will take her lowly birth if they must; while the ladies use cruelty and gossip to keep her in her
Joan
Jun 06, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf
I really struggled with this. The formatting for the chapters doesnt help - sometimes there are four pages to swipe between the end of one chapter and the start of the next.

The real problem though, is the lack of any real plot. There is a rather vague and almost sidelined plot-of-sorts that is something to do with a chalice, or a paper, or a writer or something. Whatever it was I couldnt really work out who or why.

And the structure of the story was loose. There was an incredible amount of
N.W. Moors
Jun 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Laura Abbey is a commoner and the widow of a noble. It was a white marriage, and now she'd like to marry again and have a family. Albion Kay, the Duke of Oakley, has had some bad experiences with the ladies of the Ton though he knows he should marry, both to secure his line and to help his four wards. The two start out very suspicious of each other, but there is an attraction that grows.
I really liked this book. I hadn't read the author before, and some of the reviews put me off, but I decided
vicki zimmerman
Jun 15, 2017 rated it did not like it
Extremely disappointing

What started out as a badly written regency romance, (the language, as is usually the case, was way off, quite contemporary) soon snowballed into just another Scooby Doo Mystery.
Around and around and around it has gone, till finally, with no end in sight, as well as no sign of a romance, I gave up. Much as I love historic romances, sadly, for me, this was a real let down, and one I would not want to recommend.
Barbara "Cookie" Serfaty Williams
How to Design a Duke (Wardington Park, Book 9)

The love story of Oakley and Laura. Oakley has became the season bad boy every father is jeep their daughters way from him. Then one day a little girl show up on his step and a note say she was his daughter. Can this little girl change him? Laura is now a widower and very rich. She meet Oakley and he make for her help. Can she help him? Great story.
Cynthia Houser
May 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Design a Duke

Another fabulous book by Eleanor! I have thoroughly enjoyed the Warrington series . I have been waiting for Oakley 's story and I was not disappointed. Laura the Duke are perfect for each other. The characters are likable with a high standard of loyalty. The Blackheart character adds mystery and humor to this story. I recommend this book. Can't wait for the next book.
Pontiki
Feb 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really like Laura, the innocent widow, because she's strong, caring, and intelligent. Even when she's attracted to Albion, she follows her beliefs.

But, he also shows his honourable side when he gets engaged to whom he believes is the mother of his daughter.

There's a rogue, Blackheart, who needs saving and does some saving, he's kind of my favourite.

Fun read.

KU
Louiseann Walter
Jun 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
WONDERFUL!

This book was truly amazing! And as I have read just about all of this series I could remember all the story lines mentioned and of course seeing possibilities of seven new storylines.
Margaret Transue
May 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A fun quick read.

I chose this rating because I really enjoyed this book.
It was well developed story and the characters were very believable.
I think anyone who wants a quick , light hearted read will enjoy this and all of Eleanor Meyer's books as much as I have.
Veronica A Pitts
Jun 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Enjoyed The Story

Eleanor Meyers s a historical writer and I am happy to say that I approve.
I liked this one. I liked the caricatures they kept me entertained so I enjoyed this story.
Emock
Mar 22, 2018 rated it liked it
I enjoyed the premise and found the writing to be fairly engaging. Some things seemed far fetched for the era of the story. Moreover, I didnt enjoy the sensual descriptions and over emphasis of the physical attractions. It seemed there was little else drawing the main characters together s ...more
Barbara D Graham
Jun 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Nice clean good read.

I quite liked the book. It was a clean read and a satisfying romance. I am beyond needing all the sexual content of some of today's books. I would recommend the book to a teen or an older women who has lived through it.
Christine Matinale
May 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another winner from Eleanor Meyers!!! I couldn't put this book down! I just loved Oakley and Laura's story! I read this book in one day! Her books flow so nicely, they make you smile and laugh a lot. Can't wait to read her next book in the series!
⭐Richelle
I loved this book! This entire series is one of my favorites, there hasn't been a book in them that I haven't really enjoyed; bit this is definitely one of my favorites. I highly recommend this series to anyone who enjoys regency romances. Clean romance, I'd give it a PG rating.
Shelley
Jun 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Terrific tale of romance and love.

What a wonderful tale. I loved Laura and Oakley together. The twists and turns kept me guessing, but I found they only added to Laura and Oakley's blossoming romantic journey to love. Another five star Wardington Park tale.
maryeileen
May 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Good

Good read I loved the characters and the way the author intertwined them. Always love a happy ending to stories.
Denise McLean
Aug 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great

Enjoyable, exciting and a good read. I read every night and had a hard time putting this book down. I look forward to reading other books by this author.
Angela Thornburg
Jun 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Sweet story

I enjoyed this romance. It went fast and had good characters and an interesting plot. I would definitely read more books by this author
Shirley Hamlod
May 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. Oakley and Laura nearly dont succeed in their relationship. This story ties some loose ends up. A good read. ...more
Tom Prejsner
Jul 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Romance

Thank you for sharing these wonderful romance novels series books. Please keep writing more of these wonderful books. Thank you
Terry Reed
Jul 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Good

Was a little confused at first about the characters but overall I enjoyed this story line and the ending. Good
Margaret Henry
May 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A wonderful book.

This book let's you know that no matter what you have to go through G of will make a way somehow.
❤⚔♥❧Helpless Romantic☙♥⚔❤
I loved this story! It was such a cute romance novel. I was so entranced by the story I read it in one setting. I couldn't put it down!
Synergy_Quest
Jun 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Pretty Good

This is an entertaining, fairly short read. There are no sex scenes and little to no swearing (in case these things matter to you).
Debbie Scott
Oct 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
EXCELLENT REGENCY ROMANCE

A very beautiful love story. Your characters have presence and your storyline was well crafted. Thank you for an engaging story, Danny and Debbie Scott.
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 May 18, 2017 05:55PM

• Emma and the Earl (Bluestocking Brides, #3)
  • The Duke of Ruin
  • Julia and the Duke (Bluestocking Brides, #2)
  • Amelia and the Viscount (Bluestocking Brides, #1)
  • A Bride for the Betrayed Earl
  • A Governess for the Brooding Duke
  • Lady Lorena’s Spinster’s Society (The Spinster’s Society)
  • A Lady for the Brazen Earl
  • Alice’s Shameless Spinster’s Society (The Spinster’s Society)
  • A Damsel for the Mysterious Duke
  • Florence’s Stupendous Spinster’s Society (The Spinster’s Society)
  • The Duke's Ever Burning Passion (Fire and Smoke #2)
  • A Beauty for the Scarred Duke
  • Genie’s Scandalous Spinster’s Society (The Spinster’s Society)
  • The Earl’s Unforgettable Flame (Fire and Smoke #1)
  • Catherine and the Marquis (Bluestocking Brides #4)
  • Loving a Noble Gentleman
  • The Marquess of Temptation (Reluctant Regency Brides #3)

Wardington Park (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • To Love a Lord of London (Wardington Park, #1)
  • The Regards of a Rogue (Wardington Park, #2)
  • The Lords of Love (Wardington Park, #2.5)
  • Gaining the Gentleman (Wardington Park, #3)
  • The Skills of a Scoundrel (Wardington Park, #4)
  • A Gentleman's Game (Wardington Park, #5)
  • The Gentleman's Game of Love (Wardington Park, #6)
  • The Gentleman's Law on Love (Wardington Park, #7)
  • How to Make a Marquess (Wardington Park, #8)
  • How to Keep a Knight (Wardington Park, #10)