Start by marking “The Imperial Radch Boxed Trilogy: Ancillary Justice, Ancillary Sword, and Ancillary Mercy (Imperial Radch #1-3)” as Want to Read:

(Imperial Radch #1-3)

This special boxed set includes the New York Times bestselling author Ann Leckie's complete Hugo, Nebula, Arthur C. Clarke, and Locus Award-winning Ancillary space opera trilogy.
On a remote, icy planet, the soldier known as Breq is drawing closer to completing her quest.

Breq is both more than she seems and less than she was. Years ago, she was the Justice of Toren-- a
Published September 19th 2017 by Orbit

To ask other readers questions about The Imperial Radch Boxed Trilogy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Imperial Radch Boxed Trilogy

Start your review of The Imperial Radch Boxed Trilogy: Ancillary Justice, Ancillary Sword, and Ancillary Mercy (Imperial Radch #1-3)
Lucille
Mar 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I really want to rate this bundle of the trilogy to say once again: this is a 5/5 trilogy that I loved immensely.
All the themes are dealt with perfectly and the characters are amazing
Andrew
Aug 09, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: sf-read
7.3/10

Ancillary Justice [2013] was a genuinely exciting and original perspective on the canon that is only a mere hundred years or so old - compared to the thousands of years of its principal players. It introduced 'ancillaries' as aspects of a Ship's mind as well as crew, and an aristocratic human command allied to 'houses', much like Herbert's Dune series, thereby using and successfully extending the sociological basis that makes up the Radchaai, the 'human' meta-civilisation run by the
Ashwinee
Feb 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
One of the most common critiques of contemporary science fiction is that the characters are simply too robotic, their voices monotone, or their actions too incomprehensible for the reader to truly champion any character or become emotionally invested in what happens to the characters -and as a result, it is difficult for the reader to become emotionally invested in the book at all. For a prime example, just look at the acclaimed Three Body Problem trilogy, whose characters are little more than ...more
Carlos Leos
Mar 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sci-fi
This book takes place during an undisclosed time in human history (could be an alternate timeline to ours) when humanity has colonized planets throughout the galaxy. One group of humans, the Raadch, have taken it upon themselves to conquer the rest of human space via brutal "annexations" of soon-to-be provincial worlds added to the Raadchai empire. The Raadchai employ the use of large AI ships in these annexations.

The AIs of these ships not only control the space-faring vessels, but also are
BOOK BOOKS
I JUST FINISHED THE IMPERIAL RADCH TRILOGY FOR THE FIRST TIME! I'M NOW READING PROVENANCE BECAUSE I WANTED MOAR SO BADLY AND FOUND OUT THERE WAS MOAR. BUT IDK WHAT I'M GOING TO DO WHEN I'M DONE WITH THIS, TOO. :(

I RLY L'D THE FIRST BOOK IN THAT TRILOGY AND LIKED THE SECOND TWO, BUT THE BOOK DIDN'T GO WHERE I EXPECTED IT TO IN A WAY THAT I FOUND MILDLY FRUSTRATING.

BY THE BOOK DO YOU MEAN PROVENANCE OR ANCILLARY MERCY? IL'D ANCILLARY MERCY MOAR THAN ANY BOOK I'VE READ IN AGES AND AGES, BUT WHILE
Gally
Aug 20, 2018 rated it liked it
3/5 stars ~

0.5/1 for plot
0.5/1 for characters and character development
0.5/1 for writing style
0.5/1 for pace
1/1 for world-building

My review of Ancillary Justice (Imperial Radch, #1)

My review of Ancillary Sword (Imperial Radch, #2)

My review of Ancillary Mercy (Imperial Radch #3)
JD
Sep 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
I started the first of the trilogy and then couldn't stop. So I continued with the second and then the third in the series. Beautifully written and full of thoughtful discussions. There really isnt much emphasis on gender even tho all the human-type characters are referred to as "she". I think I will go back and re-read at least the first book. Maybe I will be able to stop with that. Maybe not.
SeekingSunlight
Aug 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was put off for a while by how the book presented (okay, yes, I judged the book by the cover) but a friend had recommended it so I did eventually get round to it. Very glad I did. It's an astounding trilogy where I felt very deeply for the characters. The author's use of perspective effortlessly marries character and narrative. Oh and I love the singing!
Charles
Oct 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This series was great. I rate the 1st and second books 4, the third book a 5. However, overall, when all the story points come together, it is certainly a 5 for the trilogy as a whole. I recommend this trilogy for sci-fi fans, futurists, and those who just enjoy the concept of rogue unshackled AIs.
Cerys Ship
Jun 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This series really took me by surprise with how engrossing and captivating its characters and plot could be. If you need a new book that hits that futuristic cyberpunk bug without being cliche this is it.
Justin Hargrave
Nov 22, 2019 rated it liked it
Mmm good... but not worthy, I think, of all the awards & buzz it generated. Book 1 was quite good, but 2 & 3, while good, slowed down considerably. Maybe something like Jane Austen in outer space...?
Caroline Ayres
Karzan
Jan 24, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• The Broken Earth Trilogy: The Fifth Season, The Obelisk Gate, The Stone Sky
  • The Quantum Thief (Jean le Flambeur, #1)
  • A Canticle for Leibowitz (St. Leibowitz #1)
  • Lest Darkness Fall
  • The City and the Stars/The Sands of Mars
  • Suburban Nation: The Rise of Sprawl and the Decline of the American Dream
  • City of Bohane
  • Deerskin
  • The Abhorsen Trilogy Box Set (Abhorsen, #1-3)
  • Trouble Boys: The True Story of the Replacements
  • The Blood of Flowers

Imperial Radch (3 books)
  • Ancillary Justice (Imperial Radch #1)
  • Ancillary Sword (Imperial Radch #2)
  • Ancillary Mercy (Imperial Radch, #3)