Start by marking “La rosa del califfo” as Want to Read:
La rosa del califfo

La rosa del califfo (The Wrath and the Dawn #2)

4.17  ·  Rating details ·  39,582 Ratings  ·  6,501 Reviews

Dall'autrice del bestseller La moglie del califfo
Shahrzad è stata la moglie del califfo del Khorasan. Era giunta nella sua dimora con lo scopo di vendicare la morte di altre fanciulle andate in sposa a lui.
Poi il suo piano è saltato, Khalid non è infatti il mostro che tutti credono. È un uomo tormentato dai sensi di colpa, vittima di una potente maledizione. Ora che è tor

Published April 27th 2017 by Newton Compton Editori (first published April 26th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about La rosa del califfo, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Lynn Gweeny
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Emily May
Apr 04, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, young-adult, 2016
No. He was not here to wreak revenge.
For revenge was trifling and hollow.
No. He was not here to retrieve his wife.
For his wife was not a thing to be retrieved.
No. He was not here to negotiate a truce.
For a truce suggested he wished to compromise.

He was here to burn something to the ground.

A very worthy sequel and conclusion to this magical, romantic story.

I said in my review of The Wrath & the Dawn that I'm just not much of a romantic person. I hate instalove, most love triangles, and gene
Sabaa Tahir
Aug 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is everything I wanted in a sequel. EVERYTHING. I don't know how Renee Ahdieh managed to make it even more amazing than the already amazing WRATH AND THE DAWN. Black magic, perhaps? Or maybe she's just insanely talented. Whatever the case, I adore this book. It's suspenseful, thoughtful, beautiful and sexy, a perfect follow-up to WRATH.

In fact, I think I'm going to go reread it.
Nat
Feb 25, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: diverse-reads
“Cut the strings, Shazi. Fly.”

This review contains *spoilers*.

The Rose & the Dagger follows the aftermath of the burning in the city of Rey that occured only a week ago. Rey—and its ruler—are vulnerable. Shahrzad and Khalid are separated from one another, yet longing to reunite.
Going into this the only thing I was certain of was that I wanted a lot more of Khalid and a lot less of Tariq.

And it took some time to get to it, which I didn’t quite enjoy because Tariq continued to frustrate me in
Clau R.
4:50 AM, just finished. WHAT IS SLEEP.

Actual rating: 4.5 stars, for minor issues. I really loved this book <3.
Andreea Pop
4.5 Stars

The rose’s rarest essence lives in the thorns.

The Rose and The Dagger is an exquisite, superb, satisfying and clever finale. It will render you speechless with its intensity. Crush your heart a bit every few pages. Transform you into an addict of its gorgeous prose. But its true beauty lies in the fact that, somehow, you welcome it all with open arms.

If you don't get along with romance, shy away. Seriously, shoo. I'm just putting it like it is -- the romance and love story are what
Katerina
Dec 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, retellings
This review is about The Rose & the Dagger, but I can't help but dedicate a few lines to the tragedy that hit Turkey last night. A couple of hours ago, my cheeks were stained with hot tears, because this book was gut-wrenching. But even more gut-wrenching were the minutes I spent later watching the news and shedding more tears, this time mourning the innocent victims and the fate of humankind. Humanity is a strange species, capable of hatred, and capable of love. It saddens me that we mostly ...more
Hailey (HaileyinBookland)
4.5*
SPOILER FREE REVIEW: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUv30...

I did really enjoy this one, not quite as much as the first one but I think it was overall a really great duology!
Mikee Andrea (ReadWithMikee)

Find me on Instagram & Twitter!

❝She belonged in a palace of marble and stone. A queen, in her own right. With a boy-king who loved her, as she loved him.❞

Rating: {★ ★ ★★★}
This was such a beautiful ending to a magical story. The Rose and the Dagger did not disappoint one bit. Although I felt that this book was not as great as the first, it was still every bit as majestic as The Wrath and the Dawn.

The Rose and the Dagger is filled with many twists and turns, swooning (mostly over Khali
Emma Giordano
May 10, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobooks
The Rose & the Dagger was definitely a satisfying sequel to one of my favorite reads of 2015! It was so nice to be back in this beautiful world with some of my favorite characters. I do prefer The Wrath & the Dawn but I'm happy with the conclusion to this duology!

I chose to listen to the audiobook of this novel, which I think was a mistake on my part. This series can require extra attention when being read physically for me due to the flowing prose, so the detachment I sometimes get
Reynita Maharani ★ The Night Reader ★
THE REVIEW IS POSTED

Love gave life to the lifeless. It was the greatest of all living
powers.

I honestly don't know what to talk about because this book fucking ruined me and left me without any words to utter from my mouth. I'm not complaining though. It's such a best feeling when books destroy me and hurt me emotionally and this book also lived up to my expectations. I swear I was so terrified when I started reading this book because I liked the first book but I nearly did not finish th
Lola
Jan 03, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, fantasy
I wonder what a conversation with Renée Adhieh would be like.

I could picture her in front of me, drinking tea perhaps, in a graceful manner and, of course, telling stories as though reliving them on the spot. As for me? I would be the listener, enraptured by her words, nodding my head every two seconds, my body still and my eyes fixed on her.

Except that would not be a conversation exactly, now would it? And I’m guessing my staring would be borderline creepy. Though there is no shame in being st
Maggie
Jan 27, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2016
❝It was because they were two parts of a whole. He did not belong to her. And she did not belong to him. It was never about belonging to someone. It was about belonging together.❞

Rating: ★★★★

**THIS REVIEW CONTAINS ONE SPOILER FROM BOOK 1 AND ONE OR TWO FROM THIS BOOK**

This was the kind of book that left me asking myself What do I do with my life now? and also Why hadn't I started the 1st book before?

The ending was a beautiful and magical ending. But this book had all those swinging moments -
Alyssa
May 11, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016-releases
4.5 stars. Trying to decide if I want to round up or down, so I'll round down for now. VERY worthy sequel/conclusion novel.

description

Publication Date: April 26, 2016
Rating: 4 stars
Source: Preordered copy

Summary (from Goodreads):

I am surrounded on all sides by a desert. A guest, in a prison of sand and sun. My family is here
April (Aprilius Maximus)
Jun 09, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
*4.5 STARS*
Simona Bartolotta
“I’ve missed the silence of you listening to me.” Shahrzad attempted a weak smile. “No one listens to me as you do." His expression turned quizzical. “You don’t wait to speak,” she clarified. “You truly listen.”

To make matters clear: if you loved or, anyway, truly enjoyed The Wrath and the Dawn, then you'll love this too. It is everything a devoted fan could ask of a series conclusion.
My problem was -is- that Shahrzad and Khalid's relationship never spoke to me; actually, I think my appreciation
Sue (Hollywood News Source)

A fitting conclusion for a book filled with cautionary tales. Full review to come.
Mohammed Arabey
Arabian Nights are fast thrilling epic stories mixing with a passionate love story, that really takes you a whole new world...

And this different retelling still one of the kind that worth your time..complete with Love, curse, Black Magic...

BUT it didn't live up to the epic that start building up in book one and its grand ending..
For a duology it could've been faster, more focused. yet book two's missing sparks..less magical stories..less fiery love.

The biggest reason of enjoying this book was th
Maureen
Apr 27, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Possibly more of a 4.5/5 stars
I AM REALLY EMOTIONAL RIGHT NOW OKAY?
I really loved this, but I don't think I loved it as much as TWATD.
The world building and plot and characters were still ON POINT and FAB, but things felt like they moved a little too fast and jumped around a bit too much.
Regardless, I thought this was a really solid sequel and I enjoyed it so much. Definitely cried a few times.
The writing was as beautiful as ever, SO GORG. I want to take quotes from this book and write them and
Emily (Books with Emily Fox)
Soooo Shahrzad is beautiful. Like really beautiful. Did you know Shahrzad is beautiful?
Everyone thinks about Shahrzad's beauty when they see her... She also has a temper but it's okay because she's pretty. Pretty. PRETTY!!!

So yeah... this wasn't for me.
Angyy
I just found out this is a duology. Good! My heart can't take another cliffhanger like that.
I NEED THE BOOK NOW. NOT IN A FREAKING YEAR.

description
Jillian (bookishandnerdy)

this book gave me aladdin feels

10/10 would recommend

but seriously SUCH AN AMAZING CONCLUSION HOLY CRAP. I think this is my absolute favorite duology ever.
Stacee
This was absolutely stunning.

It is different from Wrath, but I loved it just as much. It's filled with swoons and action and heartbreak and twists and I loved every single page of it.

Perhaps I'll write a coherent review when release gets closer.
Aj the Ravenous Reader

No, The Rose and the Dagger is far from being perfect but the prose is such a brilliant, beautiful narrative making this series an unforgettable, thrilling, adventurous, fantasy- romance. I savored every remarkable moment, every dazzling word and every stirring emotion in the story. It makes me want to sing Disney songs and twirl. It’s true, this series can be considered sappy, cheesy and even melodramatic but it’s just so beautifully written that it seems to have this disabling effect on me mak
Heather 'Bookables'
LOVED THIS BOOK! SUCH AN AMAZING DUOLOGY! IM SO SAD ITS OVER BUT I SO ENJOYED THE RIDE! DO YOU GUYS WANT A REVIEW VIDEO ON THIS?!
Steph Sinclair
Stunning cover is stunning. I think I love it more than the first one.
Joel (Throne of books)
Another one bites the dust.
To say I'm disappointed, is a huge understatement. Last year, THE WRATH & THE DAWN was one of my favorite reads of the year. This year however, with this sequel, it is being added to my disappointing sequels list.

Don't get me wrong, I did enjoy it. But I did not love it. Once again Renée's writing is absolutely mesmerizing. But the story? Slow and a little boring. It wasn't until about the last 130 pages that the pace picked up and I started enjoying it a bit mor
Sarah (Starry Night Reader)
"Where is your heart, Sharzad al-Khayzuran?" His voice was course in its insistence.
In an alley by the souk. In a night of oblivion.
In the promise of tomorrow."

Initial reaction: Well, I finally finished this after weeks of reading slump. I'm giving this a generous four stars because I had some problems with it, but really really wanted to love it the way I loved the first book. Renee Ahdieh is an amazing romance writer, but a not so amazing fantasy writer, in my opinion. Nevertheless, this bo
Kaylin (The Re-Read Queen)
3.5 Stars

Overview:

Just like the first book, I’m conflicted. There were parts I loved and parts I thought were very unnecessary.

Pros:

Surprisingly, I really loved the relationship between Shazi and Khalid. In the first book, I had a lot of issues with it ethically, and while those issues are still kind of there, the
Jeff
Feb 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jenna Major
“Give me a meaningful love or a beautiful death!”
Simply exquisite. A book of dreams,
struggles
wishes
corruption
fullfillment
heartache
love
sacrafice
magic

This book utterly takes my breath away. The writing is beautiful and the story has depth. Characters are developped, there is sadness and despair, there is tragedy. There is also love, magic and hope. This is a tale as old as time that will always be timeless.

• The Winner's Kiss (The Winner's Trilogy, #3)
  • The Mirror King (The Orphan Queen, #2)
  • Bright Smoke, Cold Fire (Bright Smoke, Cold Fire, #1)
  • The Impostor Queen (The Impostor Queen, #1)
  • Muse of Nightmares (Strange the Dreamer, #2)
  • Daughter of Dusk (Midnight Thief, #2)
  • Crooked Kingdom (Six of Crows, #2)
  • Ever the Hunted (Clash of Kingdoms, #1)
  • Rebel of the Sands (Rebel of the Sands #1)
  • The Immortal Heights (The Elemental Trilogy, #3)
  • A Torch Against the Night (An Ember in the Ashes, #2)
  • Gemina (The Illuminae Files, #2)
  • A Court of Mist and Fury (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #2)
  • The Beauty of Darkness (The Remnant Chronicles, #3)
  • Lion Heart (Scarlet, #3)
  • Frozen Tides (Falling Kingdoms, #4)
  • The Skylighter (The Keepers' Chronicles, #2)
  • The Reader (Sea of Ink and Gold, #1)
THE WRATH & THE DAWN and its sequel THE ROSE & THE DAGGER are available wherever books are sold.

FLAME IN THE MIST will be released on 5.16.17.

** Please note that requests for Advanced Reader Copies should be made through Penguin, and all other requests should be submitted through the author's website. **
More about Renee Ahdieh

The Wrath and the Dawn (2 books)
  • The Wrath and the Dawn (The Wrath and the Dawn, #1)

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• Bright Smoke, Cold Fire (Bright Smoke, Cold Fire, #1)
  • The Gold-Son
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Trail of Dead (Scarlett Bernard, #2)
  • The Regulars
  • Childhood's End
  • The Mirror
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Nyxia (The Nyxia Triad, #1)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • The Voyage to Magical North (The Accidental Pirates)
    $5.67 $2.99
  • Raven's Peak (World on Fire, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Swords and Deviltry (Lankhmar, 1)
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Rebel Wing (Rebel Wing #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Snow Like Ashes (Snow Like Ashes, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Garden of Stones (Echoes of Empire, #1)
  • Dracula [Kindle in Motion]
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Autumn Republic (Powder Mage #3)
  • The Thickety: A Path Begins
    $6.24 $1.99
  • Stinger
  • Lost Voices
    $5.99 $2.99
  • The Blade Itself (The First Law, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Extracted (Extracted Trilogy #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • This Savage Song (Monsters of Verity, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Dragon Haven (Rain Wild Chronicles, #2)
  • Isle of Blood and Stone
  • Spirit Hunters
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Haven (War of the Princes, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Immortal Circus (Cirque des Immortels, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Brilliance (Brilliance Saga, #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • The Immortal Circus: Act Two (Cirque des Immortels, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Better World (Brilliance Saga, #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Written in Fire (Brilliance Saga, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • The Immortal Circus: Final Act (Cirque des Immortels, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Secret of the Sirens (The Companions Quartet, #1)
  • Ocean of Storms
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Sword of Shannara Trilogy (Shannara, #1-3)
    $19.99 $2.99
  • Artful
  • Till We Have Faces: A Myth Retold
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Beautiful Darkness (Caster Chronicles, #2)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Chains of Command (Frontlines, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Angles of Attack (Frontlines, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Lines of Departure (Frontlines, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Now I Rise (The Conqueror's Saga #2)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Into the Dim
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Terms of Enlistment (Frontlines #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Altered Carbon (Takeshi Kovacs, #1)
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Kull: Exile of Atlantis
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Fury (Blur Trilogy #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Oryx and Crake (MaddAddam, #1)
  • Gears of War  Aspho Fields
  • City
    $7.99 $1.99
  • You Suck (A Love Story, #2)
  • The Chocolate Touch
  • Storm (Elemental, #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • A Perfect Blood (The Hollows, #10)
  • Mama Day
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Dreamfall (Dreamfall #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Imitation (Clone Chronicles #1)
  • Infinite
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Boundary Lines (Boundary Magic, #2)
  • The Mermaid's Sister
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Space Between Heartbeats (Betwixt #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Boundary Crossed (Boundary Magic, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Boundary Born (Boundary Magic, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Warded Man (Demon Cycle, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Kissed by Darkness (Sunwalker Saga, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dragon Marked (Supernatural Prison, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Blood Kissed (Lizzie Grace, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • A Glimmer of Hope (The Avalon Chronicles #1)
  • Celia and the Fairies
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Best Served Cold (First Law World, #4)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Valor (The Faithful and the Fallen, #2)
  • The Last One
  • Genesis
    $11.99 $1.99
  • To Honor You Call Us (Man of War, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunter's Trail (Scarlett Bernard, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Abyss Beyond Dreams (Commonwealth: Chronicle of the Fallers, #1)
  • Wool: The Graphic Novel
    $7.99 $2.99
  • And I Darken (The Conqueror's Saga, #1)
  • Ticker
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Barsk: The Elephants' Graveyard (Barsk, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Dead Spots (Scarlett Bernard #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Concealed (Lakewood, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
“It was because they were two parts of a whole. He did not belong to her. And she did not belong to him. It was never about belonging to someone. It was about belonging together.” 424 likes
“From the stars, to the stars.” 219 likes