Start by marking “The Dawsons” as Want to Read:
The Dawsons

The Dawsons

Intense. Alluring. Forbidden!

Witnessing the horrific demise of everyone he knew and loved has made Derrick Dawson strong, but it has also made him cold and broken. Tormented by his past and fears for the future, Derrick drowns himself in alcohol and drugs to dull the pain he can't seem to escape. When Rose, the granddaughter of his sworn enemy, suddenly appears in his
Published April 21st 2017 by Xlibris

To ask other readers questions about The Dawsons, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Dawsons

Start your review of The Dawsons
Robyn
Jun 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Magika is a world like none other, it is a magical planet filled with witches and the supernatural. Mere mortals can never find out about Magika and if they stumble upon it by mistake, they are never seen or heard from again. Magika can never be exposed for what it is. In Magika, we meet the Dawsons. They are a boisterous family full of merriment. They live life on their terms. During their yearly family gathering we learn that the Dawsons are not liked by the king of Magika and they try to ...more
Rosetta Fabiano
Jul 04, 2017 is currently reading it
I must say so far this book is exciting, interesting and keeps you wondering what's going to happen next. I don't want to put it down. I would most definitly reccomend this book, it's captivating!
Alex (Briennai)
Jul 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
This novel was interesting to read. I felt bad for Derrick as he had to take on the role of the main caregiver for his sister and brother at only four years old, but he somehow managed to do it. I disagreed with the way he changed because he became very abusive towards his siblings, and then got mad at his siblings when they began to act the same way that he had been acting for years. I understand where the story was trying to go, but he and his siblings actually succeeded at making me angry at ...more
Ashley Dawn
Apr 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I'm not certain what I was expecting from this book, but it literally pulls you in from the start with forbidden love, betrayal, family, and so much more. The author(s) do a great job of bringing the characters and their world to life and making you want to continue reading. It is almost a compulsion. The story itself is well written and original. I liked that it didn't feel like a canned book that I've read before, but fresh and new.

There are different families, plots and characters that are
Rosetta Fabiano
Aug 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is an amazing novel that has entered the world. I started reading not knowing what to expect. Finding out that a forbidden love was happening, I wanted to know more. I continued reading and i realised i couldn't put it down. I would reccomend anyone to buy The Dawsons. This book is captivating and a page turner, and it truly deserves more then 5 stars.
Colette Hourigan
Dec 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is the best book I've read in a long time.
Lydia and Santina have done a brilliant job for their first book.
It appeals to a wide age group.
I'm in my 50's and enjoyed it thoroughly.
I cannot wait for their next book as they have a unique and very talented writing style.
If you like Harry Potter you'll love the Dawsons.
El
Mar 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is an amazing story to read, part magic, fairytale and very hot love story in another world. It is a very clever story and I could not put it down. The ending is a cliff hanger and I really want to know what happens next.
Please keep writing.
Kara
Dec 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Before I started reading the Dawsons I knew I would enjoy every minute of it, by just reading the blurb. I loved the fact that every page I read there was always something happening (that’s what I call a page turner) there was never a dull moment. Every time I picked the Dawsons up and read it felt like I was actually there with them, every minute of the way. I cried and I laughed. This is by far the best book I’ve ever read.
Csimplot Simplot
Jun 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lydia
Apr 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Okay guys. So we’re going to review our own book. And of course we rate it 5 stars. it’s our book. We rate it 5 stars because in all honesty we absolutely love the story and love the characters we have created. We love that the fairy tale vibe that it gives brings us back to our childhood. It brings us back to our teenage years when we wrote the book.

We love Derrick despite his coldness towards others, because we know who he truly is and how much he does love even though he would deny it with
Crystal Young
Mar 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
I received this book from Goodreads first reads. This book was a little hard to get into at first but I stayed with it and ended up pulling it. It is written will and has a nice story to it.
Lina Vitale Georgakopoulos
Nikky44
Jenna Richardson
Leigh

• Sophia, Princess Among Beasts
  • Spirit Bound (Vampire Academy, #5)
  • Blood Promise (Vampire Academy, #4)
  • Frostbite (Vampire Academy, #2)
  • Last Sacrifice (Vampire Academy, #6)
  • Twilight: The Complete Illustrated Movie Companion
  • Shadow Kiss (Vampire Academy, #3)
  • City of Heavenly Fire (The Mortal Instruments, #6)
  • Fallen (Fallen, #1)
  • City of Lost Souls (The Mortal Instruments, #5)
  • Vampire Academy (Vampire Academy, #1)
  • City of Fallen Angels (The Mortal Instruments, #4)
Lydia and her twin sister Santina grew up all around NSW, Australia, bringing their love of music, acting and writing with them wherever they went. They started writing songs at the age of 12, then ventured on to scripts. By the age of 14 they started writing the manuscript for The Dawsons, and have loved writing novels since.
“Why would you want to”—Derrick almost gagged at the very word—“love? Learn now, Francesco, love is pain!” 0 likes