Start by marking “B.P.R.D. Hell on Earth Volume 1” as Want to Read:
B.P.R.D. Hell on Earth Volume 1

B.P.R.D. Hell on Earth Volume 1

(B.P.R.D. Hell on Earth #1-3)

The plague of frogs has ended, but earth will never be the same, and the fractured B.P.R.D. struggles to battle dangerous monsters and humans alike, from a trailer-park cult to a Russian town ravaged by a zombie-like virus.

Guy Davis's final B.P.R.D. story sets the stage for Tyler Crook's (Harrow County) backwoods-horror debut, as Liz Sherman hides from a world that she hel
Published January 9th 2018 by Dark Horse Books

To ask other readers questions about B.P.R.D. Hell on Earth Volume 1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about B.P.R.D. Hell on Earth Volume 1

Chad
Apr 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
The Orgru Hem have started to wake and are slowly breaking through the cracks. Cities are being destroyed, people disappearing or possessed, in other words, hell on earth. A lot changes for our cast in these stories. The Russian version of the BPRD makes itself known as the stories begin to become more global. Huge monsters crack through the earth and start eating people. New characters emerge and old ones return. And then it all ends with an epilogue to Hellboy's end in England. Guy Davis finis ...more
Melissa McShane
Can I just start by saying I really miss Guy Davis? Tyler Crook is great, I have nothing bad to say about his art, but Davis really defined the B.P.R.D. for me. That said, I think the transition between the two went very well, and I can see Crook filling that role nicely in issues to come.

I think my four-star rating reflects how emotionally wearying this volume was. I deliberately didn't read any of Hell on Earth because I like having the collected stories in one place, and this may have been a
Julio
Mar 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphic-novels
Very excited that the collected volumes of BPRD: Hell on Earth are finally out!
Arlomisty
Jan 27, 2018 rated it liked it
Another great series of Horror comics by a master of the genre... Mignola! While I'm not a fan of Horror movies or books these comics are really creepy and fun... this volume picks up where the four volume of the BPRD plague of frogs left off. Looking forward to reading volume 2 when it comes out in a few months!
John
Oct 11, 2018 rated it liked it
I'm starting B.P.R.D. Hell on Earth: Working on Book 1 of 15. This in some ways is the Climax of the Hellboy/BPRD Story (not in terms of conclusion) but a world where Hell is literally arrived and it has just been exposed to the world. Reality is fracturing and there are so many sinister plots in place that the BPRD will be stretched too thing and ultimately fail.

Demons are no longer a subject of rumor and debate, and the world is changed here--hence the change in title from Plague of Frogs (wh
Kyle Dinges
Mar 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Hell on Earth volume 1 marks a a big shift in tone and content for BPRD. It seems appropriate that long standby artist Guy Davis sees his work with the series come to and end here. Tyler Crook is a pretty admirable replacement, but Guy and Arcudi are BPRD and it's sad to see that team broken up.

The tone is different here. The stories are often shorter and the action is more militarized. It becomes less of a horror adventure and more about solving the problem of the week for the BPRD in what is a
Andrew
Aug 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
I'm liking Hell on Earth more than I thought I would. The transition from Guy Davis to Tyler Crook isn't too jarring. The story moves forward at a good pace. For a 400+ page hardcover, though, there isn't much of a payoff. A lot of stuff is set up that will presumably play out over the next few volumes.

The sketchbook section at the end is nice. There's some text included with it that gives you some insight into the process of creating the creatures and characters. Overall, it's a nice package.

I
Jonathan
Sep 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A strong continuation of the B.P.R.D series. Mignola and his team continue some of the threads leftover from the Plague of Frogs storyline while also setting up new and interesting plot pieces. The fate of Abe and the events in Russia leave the reader eager for the next volume. Great serialized storytelling.
Jake
Aug 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
I liked these story arcs. Self-contained, but trending in a certain direction (bad!)
Emily
Mar 14, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5
Peter Cooper
Jan 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I had a blast reading this book!!
Rob Ryan
Apr 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Genius!
Andy Zell
Oct 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics
I have a hard time articulating exactly why I love BPRD so much, but it is one of my favorite comics. I enjoyed reading about the repercussions of the Plague of Frogs and where it goes next.
Toni
Jan 23, 2018
Srinivasa Rao
Oct 07, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Mike Mignola was born September 16, 1960 in Berkeley, California and grew up in nearby Oakland. His fascination with ghosts and monsters began at an early age (he doesn't remember why) and reading Dracula at age 13 introduced him to Victorian literature and folklore from which he has never recovered.

In 1982, hoping to find a way to draw monsters for a living, he moved to New York City and began wo

B.P.R.D. Hell on Earth (1 - 10 of 20 books)
  • B.P.R.D. Hell on Earth, Vol. 1: New World