Start by marking “So Over You (Chicago Rebels, #2)” as Want to Read:
So Over You (Chicago Rebels, #2)

So Over You

(Chicago Rebels #2)

Three estranged sisters struggle to sustain their late father’s failing hockey franchise in Kate Meader’s sizzling Chicago Rebels series. In this second entry, middle sister Isobel is at a crossroads in her personal and professional lives. But both are about to get a significant boost with the addition of a domineering Russian powerhouse to the Rebels...

Isobel Chase knows
Published December 4th 2017 by Pocket Star

To ask other readers questions about So Over You, please sign up.
Jackie Yes, but it makes more sense when read with the other books in the series.

Start your review of So Over You (Chicago Rebels, #2)
Carol [Goodreads Addict]
So Over You is book two in the Chicago Rebels series by Kate Meader. Gosh I love this series. With every book I fall more and more in love with these three sisters and the Chicago Rebels.

Image result for so over you kate meader

Isobel Chase is the middle sister. One might think she had the best relationship with their late father. But in reality, Isobel spent her life trying to please the man who she could never really make happy. He had wanted a son. When he didn’t get one, Isobel was his chance at having a hockey star for a child. S
Lana ❇✾DG Romance❇✾
4 STARS
I would like to apologize. Properly.”
Her lungs went on hiatus. He couldn’t mean what she thought he meant. “Apology accepted,” she said cheerfully, though it came out chipmunk style. Alvin would be so proud.
“You choose to act clueless about what I mean?”
“Are you offering to apologize with your penis?”
“It is my most improved area.”

Is it any wonder I've been obsessed with all things Kate Meader ever since reading her first book? The woman is the queen of banter and she write
Astrid - The Bookish Sweet Tooth
Review @ Vanilla & Spice Books

✮ ✮ ✮ 4 STARS ✮ ✮ ✮

After a minor book hangover from another hockey story I was looking forward to reading "So Over You." I knew Kate Meader would deliver and boy, did she.

In a world dominated by alpha males like ice hockey it's hard for a woman to be heard. When you make your three daughters co-owners of the team with the least prospects of winning a game and least of all making the play-offs AND making this a condition of the inheritance you deserve a special p
Wendy
3-5-star-rating-hi.png (600×108)

I am a huge fan of sport themed books and the hocky ones are my absolute favorite. I also have a big thing for Russian men....So of course I had to read this one.

JoyousBriefAmericanbobtail.gif (500×281)

This is a series about three sisters, who have inherited the Chicago Rebels Hockey team from their father. Each book features a different sister. This time we get Isobel's story. I did read the first book, but I think reading this one as a stand alone, shouldn't be a problem.

Isobel used to be an olympic hockey player herself. That is, u
Geri Reads
Nov 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars!

This book wasn't just hot, it was also filled with great moments, funny banter, and solid character development.

Vadim Petrov and Isobel Chase had a thing between them during their teenage years. Their passion for hockey was as encompassing as their passion for each other. But things didn't really work out. They lost touch over the years until now. Vadim is playing for the Rebels and that means being in close contact with Isobel.

So Over You has top-notch romance and the sizzling chemis
Jen
4.25 Let’s Try This Again Stars

From the time Isobel Chase was old enough to remember, hockey has been the most important thing in her life. When your father’s a hockey legend and has decided he wants you to follow in his footsteps, you count yourself lucky you enjoy the game as much as he does.

A career ending injury and the crazy will her father left now means Isobel’s only option is to help her two estranged sisters run her father’s mediocre pro hockey team. When Vadim Petrov, left-winger extr
Christie«SHBBblogger»

Title: So Over You
Series: Chicago Rebels #2
Author: Kate Meader
Release date: December 4, 2017
Cliffhanger: No
HEA(view spoiler)

They found each other— but a part of her knew she was forever lost.

Kate Meader's Chicago Rebels series continues with Isobel and Vadim's story. A delightfully entertaining second chance romance that had me laughing consistently from her trademark witty humor. Ever since getting a little bit of everyone's backstories in the previous book, Irresistible
Kate Meader
Apr 24, 2017 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: i-wrote-this
When last they met it was a no-no on the oh-oh . . .

Years ago, Vadim Petrov checked Isobel Chase's heart, relieved her of her pesky virginity, and left her . . . frustratingly scoreless! Now he's back to do her right.

Caution: Features a melodramatic Russian hockey god, a female coach who knows exactly what she wants both on the ice and in the bedroom, and enough family drama to fill the baggage hold of a 747. Buckle up, baby!

SO OVER YOU is Book 2 of the Chicago Rebels series about three estrange
♥Rachel♥
Dec 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sports
4.5 Stars

Hockey has been Isobel Chase’s life ever since she can remember, but her career imploded after a head injury almost ended her life. Now she finds herself part owner, along with her two other sisters, of The Chicago Rebels, her deceased father’s team, and since she can’t play, coaching will have to be the next best thing. For a chance at the job Isobel must personally coach their newly acquired player, Vadim Petrov through his knee injury to prove her skills. Unfortunately, they have a c
Zoe
Oct 25, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4+ Stars!

Sexy, steamy, and sweet!

So Over You is a sizzling second-chance romance that introduces us to the broody, stubborn, handsome Vadim and the feisty, driven, scarred Isobel as they each navigate the loss of a loved one, familial drama, career-altering injuries, undeniable chemistry and insatiable desire.

The writing is lighthearted and fun. The supporting characters are encouraging, loyal, and kind. And the plot, from start to finish, is filled to the brim with longing, lust, emotion, angst
CC
Nope. Just did not feel it. Vadim was too big of a manwhore for me. Isobel was a doormat. Cannot believe she would sleep with him when he was just trying to "make up" for a previously bad experience. Yuck! I have no faith in his faithfulness. I get he said he would be, but I just was not believing it. And Isobel was going to be a green eyed, insecure, paranoid monster. Not a good foundation for a relationship.

maggieandteddy
This is the 2nd book in this series. The 2nd (half)sister's story.
Isobel is Clifford Chase's 2nd daughter. He left Harper's mom (Harper's book 1) for Isobel's mom when Harper was around 5 years old.
While Harper is all business and running the Hockey team, Isobel is focused on the actual sport of hockey. She'd silver metaled in the Sochi Olympics. Soon after, Isobel was injured in her first professional game & never played hockey again.
This is 3rd person POV, switching from Isobel to the H, Vad
Dali
Sexy, surly, domineering and overprotective alpha males are my new catnip, especially ones with a delectable Russian accent. So Over You is such a delightfully swoony read with a great balance between heat, drama, and romance.
"My woman is the North Star in my night sky, but also in her own. If she is not there to guide me, there is only darkness. For us both."

Harper was not the only Chase sister who tried and failed to prove herself to her hockey super star father. Middle daughter Isobel
1-Click Addict Support Group
Dec 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Unbelievably udivitel'no! (aka AMAZING!)

Gob-smacked. In love. Bowled over. I’m trying to figure out, in real big people words, how much I LOVED this story! Flat out, everything about it, in LOVE! I’m still in a post-read high so the fangirling may be a bit much but to be honest – all the words are deserved! And there will be way too many exclamation points… Be warned…

“Vadim Petrov took assology to a whole other level.”

The first book in the series was hard to top with Harper and Remy – and th
Hollis
Hockey is warfare with water breaks.

What's that you say? Another hockey read, another contemporary sports romance, three back to back? Haven't you had enough, Hollis? Hockey season might be here again but there's no such thing as too much ice time. The fact that you might not see any more in my feed for a while, however, is completely unrelated and nothing to do with me needing a break.

"And you are, who, exactly? The daughter of a hockey great who was not so great when it came to running a team.
☕️Kimberly
Oct 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
So Over You features a second chance romance with a little twist. Isobel Chase and Vadim Petrov had a moment as teens before her father found out. She won an Olympic Medal before an injury ended her hockey career and is now a one-third owner of the Chicago Rebels. Vadim suffered a knee injury, and the team was able to trade for him. I laughed when I learned about their shared history and became caught up in the discussions, chemistry, and back and forth banter.

The romance quickly pulled me in wi
Sam (AMNReader)
May 03, 2018 marked it as life-is-too-short
Love when book titles are something like this so I can say

“So over it.”

As my review. Reasons...I was bored. Life is too short. Cut and paste generic Barbie/bunny/boobs and attractive women not being smart comments from sooooo many others in the genre. I find this dumb bimbo thing so annoying bc I think you must have to be smart to watch hockey. residing in a hockey state my whole life I still don’t fucking get it. I don’t go to the Wild games to ogle hot hockey players and I can promise you I’d
Chris  C - A Midlife Wife
When three sisters end up owning a hockey team, being surrounded by delicious men can be a good thing or a bad thing. In this instance it’s definitely a good thing.

Hockey is not one of of the Sports I usually follow however I can definitely get used to steamy hot guys that are associated when Kate Meader is involved.

This book to me was not as passionate or emotional as the first book in the series. Much of the plot was dealing with the sport side of the story and I didn’t feel quite connected t
◊♦ Naomi
I can't seem to like the characters in this series. They're annoying and inconsistent. I like the story enough but I don't feel any kind of attachment to the characters. I'm still looking forward to read the next one though, I'm curious.
Nadine
5 Stars! ★★★★★

This book is old school sports romance and I loved every sentence of it! When I started reading romance back in the days I fell in love with brooding jocks, feisty women and angsty but also heartwarming stories. These stories were well written and more than just sex scenes surrounded by some alibi sport.

I've read a lot of romance over the years and somehow the taste of readers has changed. That's not supposed to be a judging, but I've often missed the good old stories. I want a we
Linda (un)Conventional Bookworms
This review was originally posted on (un)Conventional Bookviews
So Over You brought the feels big time! Both from Petrov and from Isobel, there was a lot on the line for them - professionally and personally.

Review - (un)Conventional Bookviews
Story:
I loved how So Over You showed a different aspect to hockey, with three estranged sisters having to direct their late father's team, things have been rather tense of late. And Isobel knows her hockey, as she used to play in the past. She was so focused on her hockey she didn't want
Rachael*Caribbean*girl*bibliophile
3.5* rounded up

Spoilers ahead and a long ass review 😂( why the heck is this so long???.😂🤦)

Isabel and Vadim met when she was 18,she was attracted to him and they flirted until they actually had sex. Her father caught them directly after the act,had Vadim's US Visa revoked,blackballed him in the field of Hockey and destroyed his chances of playing in the US. He moved back to Russia and made a name for himself playing there, she continued with hockey as her focus until injury forced her to give up
Ivy Deluca
In the second installment of the Chicago Rebels series, Isobel Chase, is the second of the three sisters trying to make the hockey team they inherited from their giant turd of a father. They have one season to turn this failing franchise into a playoff team and they are right in the middle of the hunt when Isobel is tasked with helping to rehab Vadim Petrov. Her first lover, who was decidedly not all that. Anyway, is trying to reconcile their past and present, along with the end of her own caree ...more
Celestine
Dec 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Kate Meader is the Sultan of Similes, the Lord of Labels and the Authority on Accents.

Most of the time while I read this book, I was grinning at the similes tossed out by Kate Meader's characters in this second book of the Chicago-based hockey sports series. Every once in a while I was blown away at her talent at pulling off one that simply resonated, and the one about the monolithic Easter Island statues comes to mind.

The push-pull between Isobel and Vadim gets off to an early start with intern
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

Teenage lovers are reunited as adults years later in Kate Meader’s So Over You and the result is combative, explosive, revealing, and sexy as hell. I love when characters have history are forced together again and even more so when it is obvious that despite years apart there is something between them neither one can forget or deny.

For the past two years Isobel Chase’s life has been turned upside down repeatedly; thirty-seven minutes into her first came as a pro player in the National W
Stephanie
Oct 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars. What can I say about this series, other than that I love it? The sisters are terrific and I'm loving seeing their relationships with each grow, and them navigate this hockey team together. This couple was fun to read about and I could not put this book down. Their backstory was interesting and yet each character also stood on their own. I just felt happy reading this book. I can't wait for more in this series. As usual, Kate Meader knows how to bring terrific writing, great characters ...more
Jillian Stein
Dec 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
So Over You is the second book in author Kate Meader's Chicago Rebels Series and I have to say, no one writes sexy brooding hockey players like Ms. Meader.  This book was fantastic!

If you know me, you know I'm a sucker for an enemies to lovers story.  Well, this was part that, and part second chance romance and the combo when written by Kate Meader is a total win!

Isobel Chase is trying to find her footing, along with her two sisters, in the male dominated world of professional hockey.  She has
Mindy Lou's Book Review
Nov 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sports, 2017
Who knew Russian talk could be so sexy? There was a lot to this couple that I really enjoyed. Vadim's accent was a big draw, but seeing him with his sister that he just found out about and his mom that had left him when he was 10 really gave this story heart. I was worried Vadim might be too much of a womanizer in the beginning but it did not lead to that. I was very thankful to see the author wasn't going to be throwing a bunch of other women drama in this story. Isobel's character was interest ...more
Book Lover
Dec 04, 2017 rated it liked it
Isobel Chase is an Olympic winning hockey player who was sidelined before her time by a life threatening injury. She was coaching a minor league men’s hockey team before her father died and left her and her two half sisters his NHL team, the Rebels. Now she is a consultant to the team, hoping for a coaching job. Since her injury, she has been struggling to make peace with her loss of career, move forward and discover where she now belongs.

Vadim Petrov is an injured hockey player, traded to the
Maria Rose
Kate Meader has been a reliable source of sexy contemporary romances, having written about chefs, firefighters, and now hockey players taking center ice. The Chicago Rebels series, all standalone romances but with a continuing background story arc, details a struggling NHL franchise and their make-or-break year. Having thoroughly enjoyed book one, Irresistible You, and the prequel novella In Skates Trouble, I can now add So Over You to the list of recommended reads. It’s an entertaining second c ...more

• Sure Shot (Brooklyn #4)
  • Moonlighter (The Company, #1)
  • Brooklynaire (Brooklyn, #1)
  • Knox (Chicago Blaze, #4)
  • Superfan (Brooklyn, #3)
  • Winning It All (Hometown Players #4)
  • Overnight Sensation (Brooklyn, #2)
  • Dax (Arizona Vengeance, #4)
  • Big Stick (Aces Hockey, #7)
  • Slammed (San Francisco Thunder, #2)
  • Luca (Chicago Blaze, #2)
  • Dominik (Arizona Vengeance, #6)
  • Legend (Arizona Vengeance, #3)
  • On the Line (Hometown Players, #5)
  • Making a Play (Hometown Players, #2)
  • Breakaway (Gold Hockey, #5)
  • Victor (Chicago Blaze, #3)
  • The Final Move (Hometown Players, #3)
Kate writes sexy contemporary romance with strong guys and amazing women and men who match their heroes quip for quip. In her latest series, Rookie Rebels, a new generation of players take to the ice and learn that all’s fair in love and hockey.

Sign up for her newsletter to get updates on sales, giveaways, and new releases.

The Rookie Rebels spins off her bestselling Chicago Rebels hockey ro

Chicago Rebels (4 books)
  • Irresistible You (Chicago Rebels, #1)
  • Undone By You (Chicago Rebels, #3)
  • Hooked On You (Chicago Rebels, #4)