Start by marking “So Over You (Chicago Rebels, #2)” as Want to Read:
So Over You (Chicago Rebels, #2)

So Over You (Chicago Rebels #2)

4.04  ·  Rating details ·  1,368 Ratings  ·  343 Reviews
Three estranged sisters struggle to sustain their late father’s failing hockey franchise in Kate Meader’s sizzling Chicago Rebels series. In this second entry, middle sister Isobel is at a crossroads in her personal and professional lives. But both are about to get a significant boost with the addition of a domineering Russian powerhouse to the Rebels....

Isobel Chase knows
Published December 4th 2017 by Pocket Star

To ask other readers questions about So Over You, please sign up.
Jackie Yes, but it makes more sense when read with the other books in the series.

Carol [Goodreads Addict]
So Over You is book two in the Chicago Rebels series by Kate Meader. Gosh I love this series. With every book I fall more and more in love with these three sisters and the Chicago Rebels.

Image result for so over you kate meader

Isobel Chase is the middle sister. One might think she had the best relationship with their late father. But in reality, Isobel spent her life trying to please the man who she could never really make happy. He had wanted a son. When he didn’t get one, Isobel was his chance at having a hockey star for a child. S
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
4 STARS
I would like to apologize. Properly.”
Her lungs went on hiatus. He couldn’t mean what she thought he meant. “Apology accepted,” she said cheerfully, though it came out chipmunk style. Alvin would be so proud.
“You choose to act clueless about what I mean?”
“Are you offering to apologize with your penis?”
“It is my most improved area.”

Is it any wonder I've been obsessed with all things Kate Meader ever since reading her first book? The woman is the queen of banter and she writes some o
Astrid - The Bookish Sweet Tooth
Review @ Vanilla & Spice Books

✮ ✮ ✮ 4 STARS ✮ ✮ ✮

After a minor book hangover from another hockey story I was looking forward to reading "So Over You." I knew Kate Meader would deliver and boy, did she.

In a world dominated by alpha males like ice hockey it's hard for a woman to be heard. When you make your three daughters co-owners of the team with the least prospects of winning a game and least of all making the play-offs AND making this a condition of the inheritance you deserve a special
Wendy
3-5-star-rating-hi.png (600×108)

I am a huge fan of sport themed books and the hocky ones are my absolute favorite. I also have a big thing for Russian men....So of course I had to read this one.

JoyousBriefAmericanbobtail.gif (500×281)

This is a series about three sisters, who have inherited the Chicago Rebels Hockey team from their father. Each book features a different sister. This time we get Isobel's story. I did read the first book, but I think reading this one as a stand alone, shouldn't be a problem.

Isobel used to be an olympic hockey player herself. That is, u
Jen
4.25 Let’s Try This Again Stars

From the time Isobel Chase was old enough to remember, hockey has been the most important thing in her life. When your father’s a hockey legend and has decided he wants you to follow in his footsteps, you count yourself lucky you enjoy the game as much as he does.

A career ending injury and the crazy will her father left now means Isobel’s only option is to help her two estranged sisters run her father’s mediocre pro hockey team. When Vadim Petrov, left-winger extr
Geri Reads
Nov 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars!

This book wasn't just hot, it was also filled with great moments, funny banter, and solid character development.

Vadim Petrov and Isobel Chase had a thing between them during their teenage years. Their passion for hockey was as encompassing as their passion for each other. But things didn't really work out. They lost touch over the years until now. Vadim is playing for the Rebels and that means being in close contact with Isobel.

So Over You has top-notch romance and the sizzling chemis
Christie«SHBBblogger»

Title: So Over You
Series: Chicago Rebels #2
Author: Kate Meader
Release date: December 4, 2017
Cliffhanger: No
HEA(view spoiler)

They found each other— but a part of her knew she was forever lost.

Kate Meader's Chicago Rebels series continues with Isobel and Vadim's story. A delightfully entertaining second chance romance that had me laughing consistently from her trademark witty humor. Ever since getting a little bit of everyone's backstories in the previous book, Irresistible
Kate Meader
Apr 24, 2017 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: i-wrote-this
When last they met it was a no-no on the oh-oh . . .

Years ago, Vadim Petrov checked Isobel Chase's heart, relieved her of her pesky virginity, and left her . . . frustratingly scoreless! Now he's back to do her right.

Caution: Features a melodramatic Russian hockey god, a female coach who knows exactly what she wants both on the ice and in the bedroom, and enough family drama to fill the baggage hold of a 747. Buckle up, baby!

SO OVER YOU is Book 2 of the Chicago Rebels series about three estrange
♥Rachel♥
Dec 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sports
4.5 Stars

Hockey has been Isobel Chase’s life ever since she can remember, but her career imploded after a head injury almost ended her life. Now she finds herself part owner, along with her two other sisters, of The Chicago Rebels, her deceased father’s team, and since she can’t play, coaching will have to be the next best thing. For a chance at the job Isobel must personally coach their newly acquired player, Vadim Petrov through his knee injury to prove her skills. Unfortunately, they have a c
Zoe
Oct 25, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4+ Stars!

Sexy, steamy, and sweet!

So Over You is a sizzling second-chance romance that introduces us to the broody, stubborn, handsome Vadim and the feisty, driven, scarred Isobel as they each navigate the loss of a loved one, familial drama, career-altering injuries, undeniable chemistry and insatiable desire.

The writing is lighthearted and fun. The supporting characters are encouraging, loyal, and kind. And the plot, from start to finish, is filled to the brim with longing, lust, emotion, angst
Dali
Sexy, surly, domineering and overprotective alpha males are my new catnip, especially ones with a delectable Russian accent. So Over You is such a delightfully swoony read with a great balance between heat, drama, and romance.
"My woman is the North Star in my night sky, but also in her own. If she is not there to guide me, there is only darkness. For us both."

Harper was not the only Chase sister who tried and failed to prove herself to her hockey super star father. Middle daughter Isobel, wa
maggieandteddy
This is the 2nd book in this series. The 2nd (half)sister's story.
Isobel is Clifford Chase's 2nd daughter. He left Harper's mom (Harper's book 1) for Isobel's mom when Harper was around 5 years old.
While Harper is all business and running the Hockey team, Isobel is focused on the actual sport of hockey. She'd silver metaled in the Sochi Olympics. Soon after, Isobel was injured in her first professional game & never played hockey again.
This is 3rd person POV, switching from Isobel to the H,
CC
Nope. Just did not feel it. Vadim was too big of a manwhore for me. Isobel was a doormat. Cannot believe she would sleep with him when he was just trying to "make up" for a previously bad experience. Yuck! I have no faith in his faithfulness. I get he said he would be, but I just was not believing it. And Isobel was going to be a green eyed, insecure, paranoid monster. Not a good foundation for a relationship.

☕ Kimberly
Oct 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
So Over You features a second chance romance with a little twist. Isobel Chase and Vadim Petrov had a moment as teens before her father found out. She won an Olympic Medal before an injury ended her hockey career and is now a one-third owner of the Chicago Rebels. Vadim suffered a knee injury, and the team was able to trade for him. I laughed when I learned about their shared history and became caught up in the discussions, chemistry, and back and forth banter.

The romance quickly pulled me in wi
1-Click Addict Support Group
Dec 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Unbelievably udivitel'no! (aka AMAZING!)

Gob-smacked. In love. Bowled over. I’m trying to figure out, in real big people words, how much I LOVED this story! Flat out, everything about it, in LOVE! I’m still in a post-read high so the fangirling may be a bit much but to be honest – all the words are deserved! And there will be way too many exclamation points… Be warned…

“Vadim Petrov took assology to a whole other level.”

The first book in the series was hard to top with Harper and Remy – and the
Hollis
Hockey is warfare with water breaks.

What's that you say? Another hockey read, another contemporary sports romance, three back to back? Haven't you had enough, Hollis? Hockey season might be here again but there's no such thing as too much ice time. The fact that you might not see any more in my feed for a while, however, is completely unrelated and nothing to do with me needing a break.

"And you are, who, exactly? The daughter of a hockey great who was not so great when it came to running a team.
Sam (AMNReader)
May 03, 2018 marked it as life-is-too-short
Love when book titles are something like this so I can say

“So over it.”

As my review. Reasons...I was bored. Life is too short. Cut and paste generic Barbie/bunny/boobs and attractive women not being smart comments from sooooo many others in the genre. I find this dumb bimbo thing so annoying bc I think you must have to be smart to watch hockey. residing in a hockey state my whole life I still don’t fucking get it. I don’t go to the Wild games to ogle hot hockey players and I can promise you I’d
Chris  C - A Midlife Wife
When three sisters end up owning a hockey team, being surrounded by delicious men can be a good thing or a bad thing. In this instance it’s definitely a good thing.

Hockey is not one of of the Sports I usually follow however I can definitely get used to steamy hot guys that are associated when Kate Meader is involved.

This book to me was not as passionate or emotional as the first book in the series. Much of the plot was dealing with the sport side of the story and I didn’t feel quite connected t
◊♦ Naomi
I can't seem to like the characters in this series. They're annoying and inconsistent. I like the story enough but I don't feel any kind of attachment to the characters. I'm still looking forward to read the next one though, I'm curious.
Nadine
5 Stars! ★★★★★

This book is old school sports romance and I loved every sentence of it! When I started reading romance back in the days I fell in love with brooding jocks, feisty women and angsty but also heartwarming stories. These stories were well written and more than just sex scenes surrounded by some alibi sport.

I've read a lot of romance over the years and somehow the taste of readers has changed. That's not supposed to be a judging, but I've often missed the good old stories. I want a we
Lexxie (un)Conventional Bookworms
This review was originally posted on (un)Conventional Bookviews
So Over You brought the feels big time! Both from Petrov and from Isobel, there was a lot on the line for them - professionally and personally.

Review - (un)Conventional Bookviews
Story:
I loved how So Over You showed a different aspect to hockey, with three estranged sisters having to direct their late father's team, things have been rather tense of late. And Isobel knows her hockey, as she used to play in the past. She was so focused on her hockey she didn't want a
Ivy Deluca
In the second installment of the Chicago Rebels series, Isobel Chase, is the second of the three sisters trying to make the hockey team they inherited from their giant turd of a father. They have one season to turn this failing franchise into a playoff team and they are right in the middle of the hunt when Isobel is tasked with helping to rehab Vadim Petrov. Her first lover, who was decidedly not all that. Anyway, is trying to reconcile their past and present, along with the end of her own caree ...more
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

Teenage lovers are reunited as adults years later in Kate Meader’s So Over You and the result is combative, explosive, revealing, and sexy as hell. I love when characters have history are forced together again and even more so when it is obvious that despite years apart there is something between them neither one can forget or deny.

For the past two years Isobel Chase’s life has been turned upside down repeatedly; thirty-seven minutes into her first came as a pro player in the National W
Stephanie
Oct 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars. What can I say about this series, other than that I love it? The sisters are terrific and I'm loving seeing their relationships with each grow, and them navigate this hockey team together. This couple was fun to read about and I could not put this book down. Their backstory was interesting and yet each character also stood on their own. I just felt happy reading this book. I can't wait for more in this series. As usual, Kate Meader knows how to bring terrific writing, great characters ...more
Mindy Lou's Book Review
Nov 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017, arc, sports
Who knew Russian talk could be so sexy? There was a lot to this couple that I really enjoyed. Vadim's accent was a big draw, but seeing him with his sister that he just found out about and his mom that had left him when he was 10 really gave this story heart. I was worried Vadim might be too much of a womanizer in the beginning but it did not lead to that. I was very thankful to see the author wasn't going to be throwing a bunch of other women drama in this story. Isobel's character was interest ...more
Celestine
Dec 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Kate Meader is the Sultan of Similes, the Lord of Labels and the Authority on Accents.

Most of the time while I read this book, I was grinning at the similes tossed out by Kate Meader's characters in this second book of the Chicago-based hockey sports series. Every once in a while I was blown away at her talent at pulling off one that simply resonated, and the one about the monolithic Easter Island statues comes to mind.

The push-pull between Isobel and Vadim gets off to an early start with intern
Jillian
Dec 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
So Over You is the second book in author Kate Meader's Chicago Rebels Series and I have to say, no one writes sexy brooding hockey players like Ms. Meader.  This book was fantastic!

If you know me, you know I'm a sucker for an enemies to lovers story.  Well, this was part that, and part second chance romance and the combo when written by Kate Meader is a total win!

Isobel Chase is trying to find her footing, along with her two sisters, in the male dominated world of professional hockey.  She has
Book Lover
Dec 04, 2017 rated it liked it
Isobel Chase is an Olympic winning hockey player who was sidelined before her time by a life threatening injury. She was coaching a minor league men’s hockey team before her father died and left her and her two half sisters his NHL team, the Rebels. Now she is a consultant to the team, hoping for a coaching job. Since her injury, she has been struggling to make peace with her loss of career, move forward and discover where she now belongs.

Vadim Petrov is an injured hockey player, traded to the
Maria Rose
Kate Meader has been a reliable source of sexy contemporary romances, having written about chefs, firefighters, and now hockey players taking center ice. The Chicago Rebels series, all standalone romances but with a continuing background story arc, details a struggling NHL franchise and their make-or-break year. Having thoroughly enjoyed book one, Irresistible You, and the prequel novella In Skates Trouble, I can now add So Over You to the list of recommended reads. It’s an entertaining second c ...more
Julie
Mar 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Vadim was a hottie-like spectacularly hot, maybe it’s because he’s Russian and I had this preset image in my brain-either way I loved his character so much! He was smart, devoted, and refreshingly blunt and didn’t hesitate to wear his feelings for the world to see.

Like her two half sisters Isobel also had daddy issues, but hers were intrinsically tied to her father’s hockey legacy. Being a coach instead of a player wasn’t how she saw her future and she struggles with her identity and role in the
Kate writes sexy contemporary romance with alpha heroes and strong heroines who can match their men quip for quip. Her latest series, Laws of Attraction, is about a band of divorce lawyers who think they know everything about marriage, relationships, and women and are about to learn that, in fact, they don't know jack.

Sign up for her newsletter to get updates on sales, giveaways, and new releas
More about Kate Meader

Chicago Rebels (4 books)
  • Irresistible You (Chicago Rebels, #1)
  • Undone By You (Chicago Rebels, #3)
  • Hooked On You (Chicago Rebels, #4)

Romance Deals

• The Wedding Shroud (Tales of Ancient Rome, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Release Me (Stark Trilogy, #1)
  • Better Off Without Him
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Veronica's Dragon (Icehome, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • No Prince Charming (Secrets of Stone Series Book 1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • A Loyal Heart (An Uncertain Choice, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Surrender (Steel Brothers Saga, #6)
    $7.99 $2.49
  • Forged in Smoke (Red-Hot SEALs, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunted (The Warrior Chronicles, #2)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Husband's Regret (Unwanted, #2)
  • Be My Reason
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Jewel (The Lone City, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Cuffed (Honor Bound Book 2)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • His Unlikely Lover (Unwanted, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Love Me Sweet (Bell Harbor, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forged in Ember (Red-Hot SEALs, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Taking Catie (Temptation Saga #3)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Desire After Dark (Gansett Island, #14)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • The Scotch King (Scotch #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • This Love of Mine (Mirror Lake, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Your Scandalous Ways (Fallen Women, #1)
  • The End of Feeling
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Seaside Hearts (Love in Bloom: Seaside Summers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forgotten Secrets (Singing River Legacy, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Knight (Endgame, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Storm Warrior (Grim, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bayside Passions (Bayside Summers, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Misadventures with a Rookie (Misadventures, #11)
  • Finding Libbie: A Novel
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Love at Last (Love in Bloom: The Bradens at Peaceful Harbor, #6.5)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Nitro's Torment (Sydney Storm MC #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Strange Hymn (The Bargainer #2)
  • Only You
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Lily and the Duke (Sex and the Season #1)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • A Girl's Best Friend
    $9.99 $1.99
  • My Once and Future Duke (The Wagers of Sin, #1)
  • Surrender/Submission Bound Hearts 1 & 2
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Burn (Steel Brothers Saga, #5)
    $7.99 $3.49
  • Mistress of Magic
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Duchess Deal (Girl Meets Duke, #1)
  • INK: A Love Story on 7th and Main
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Misadventures of a City Girl (Misadventures, #2)
  • A Ruthless Proposition
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hearts at Seaside (Sweet with Heat: Seaside Summers #3)
  • Hometown Girl
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Mind (Trinity Trilogy #2)
    $6.99 $2.49
  • Rhapsodic (The Bargainer, #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Room Mate (Roommates, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Decaying Empire (The Vanishing Girl, #2)
  • The Forgiving Hour
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Bright Side (Bright Side, #1)
  • The Fixer Upper
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Room for More (Cranberry Inn Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Neanderthal Seeks Human (Knitting in the City, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Chasing I Do (The Eastons #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Forever Hunted (Forever Bluegrass #9)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Slow Dance in Purgatory (Purgatory, #1)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Cafe by the Sea
  • That Month in Tuscany
    $6.99 $2.49
  • My Brother Michael
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Something in the Way (Something in the Way, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Elect (Eagle Elite, #2)
  • Just Friends
    $7.80 $2.99
  • To Taste Temptation (Legend of the Four Soldiers, #1)
  • Ghosted
  • Dodging Temptation
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Billionaire's Final Stand (Billionaire Bachelors, #7)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Find Me (Corrupted Hearts #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Blackmailing the Billionaire (Billionaire Bachelors, #5)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Hunger (The Energy Vampires #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Billionaire Falls (Billionaire Bachelors, #3)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Runaway Heiress (Billionaire Bachelors, #6)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Treading Water (Treading Water, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Life Next Door (Love Not Included Book 3)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Undeniable Love (Journey Of Love Book 2)
  • Bittersweet
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Mr. Perfect (Mister, #1)
  • Made for You
  • The Light In Summer
    $5.99 $1.99
  • For Love and Honor (An Uncertain Choice, #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Collision Point (Brute Force, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Journey Home
  • Heirs of Grace
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Storm Bound (Grim, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Unforgettable Love (Journey of Love Book 3)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Prom Night in Purgatory (Purgatory, #2)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Valiant (Spy Girl Book 4)
  • Dear Aaron
  • Running Barefoot
    $5.95 $1.99
  • Wrecked
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Sapphire Heist (Jewel, #2)
  • The Other Side of the Story
    $10.99 $1.99
  • One Fell Sweep (Innkeeper Chronicles, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Out of Focus (Adams Grove, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Eighth Grave After Dark (Charley Davidson, #8)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • What If
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Journey's End (Gilded Promises)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Light After Dark (Gansett Island, #15)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Pecan Pie and Deadly Lies (Adams Grove, #4)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • How To Marry A Werewolf (Claw & Courtship, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
“Hockey is not for pussies. Technically, it’s defined as a sport. Words like play and game get thrown around liberally to shield its true nature: hockey is warfare with water breaks. In the rink, you have over two thousand pounds of brute force clashing with whittled clubs, a rubber disc that could crush a larynx, and knives attached to feet. Let’s not pretend there’s anything civilized going on here.” 1 likes
“Vadim sat up, unfairly pulling the towel over his groin so she missed the main attraction. Had he changed in the intervening years? If anything, he had to have grown bigger, which was terrifying, because the boy had rocked a manaconda at nineteen. Dicks didn’t shrink with time, did they?
Note to self: Google penis size changes with age. For science.”
1 likes