Start by marking “Shag Lake” as Want to Read:
Shag Lake

Shag Lake (Shag Lake #1)

4.05  ·  Rating details ·  42 Ratings  ·  26 Reviews
Lois and Clark meet Twin Peaks in this star-crossed twist ...

When Geri McKenna takes leave from her dead end assistant columnist job to go home for her brother's wedding, she thinks its just a happy coincidence that her old teen crush, Sean Eastman, has returned to town after being MIA for eight years. Blinded by his looming height, crystal blue eyes and the guns he's grow
Published July 13th 2017 by Clownfish Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Shag Lake, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shag Lake

Carrie
Jun 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
Geri McKenna has been busy focusing on getting her career as a journalist off to a start working non-stop for a big company for the past two years where she has been stuck writing about fashion. When Geri travels back to Shag Lake for her brother's wedding she never expected to have the latest big story happening right there at home.

Sean Eastman was Geri's brother's friend that Geri had a huge crush on during high school but he had mysteriously moved away and hadn't stayed in contact. When Geri
Jen ♥Star-Crossed Book Blog♥
***4.5/5 Stars***

Shag Lake was absolutely riveting and spellbinding! This book was so much more than I expected. I mean, I had a feeling that I would like it, since I enjoyed the prequel. And while it started out a little slow, I found myself connecting to the characters and enjoying where the story-line was going. But before I knew it, I was around 35/40% into the story, and I was beyond obsessed. I didn't want to put the book down because Shag Lake built into an intricate story that was gripp
Nicki K.
Jun 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I received an advanced copy of this book from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

This book was, without a doubt, one of the most innovative and incredible books I've read in a long while.

Full of action, suspense, and a dash of romance, Shag Lake managed to take multiple overused plot devices and create a fresh, new science fiction adventure. I loved both of the main characters, and found them to be incredibly well-rounded. Geri was clever, plucky, and full of spirit, while Sean was car
Ellen Wookey
Jun 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mini-reviews
Folklore with a touch of Roswell, realistic love and characters you want to know more about will have any reader eager for more.
Sean has just the right about of power and strength as he did vulnerability. Geri is a head strong headed woman who truly went looking for trouble and found her happily ever ending. And Mary… such a refreshing down to earth character to brings reality back to foggy eyes.
Shag Lake is the adventure that YA fans wanting to move on have been looking for. I won’t go into t
Angel Hatfield
Jul 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Geri’s brother Mark was getting married. Geri’s boss Derek was sending texts and they weren’t important he could have found the emails himself he was bothering Geri about. To top it off Geri was an assistant columnist not Derek’s personal secretary and it was time he figured it out. Geri worked at The Global News. But then Geri’s sister Emma let Geri know her teenage crush Sean was in town. Geri was in tenth grade and was behind the shed getting wood with Sean got a splinter and ended up kissing ...more
Natalie Noblett
Jul 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I was given an ARC of Shag Lake by Susan McEachern to review and this is the first book of this author that I have read.
I've got to say that I really loved this book. It is written from the view points of Geri and Sean. Geri is the younger sister of Mark who is Sean's best friend and they, along with Mark's other friends, have hung out together for years with Geri trying to hang out with them when Mark allows her too!
Geri and Sean share one kiss when she is fifteen and he is seventeen the nigh
Alexis
Jul 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I received a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

The plot was a refreshing twist on a typical Fantasy/Sci-Fi romance. I did see the twist coming because of the heavy foreshadowing. However, it was well written and kept me reading even though I knew. (view spoiler)

I thought that Geri was extremely realistic for a strong female lead. To be honest, I probably
Marissa
Jul 06, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: netgalley
Shag Lake can be described as a combination of an episode of Roswell, Finding Bigfoot, and a Lifetime movie. I'll admit that the reason why I was drawn to this was because the book blurb read like a Roswell episode and I was in the mood for a little nostalgia. What I found was that it was a diluted summer read. The author had way too much going on with the different species of aliens, hybrids, UFOs, sasquatches, and the love story. There was very little to no character development. The writing i ...more
Stacy
Jul 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
I gave it 3.5/5 stars

I found SHAG LAKE to be an easy flowing, lighthearted, and uncomplicated read.

There were a few info dump moments in SHAG LAKE, but for the most part, it was easy to follow and easy to understand the different elements that make up the world the story takes place in. I'm not usually a huge fan of multiple POVs, but the author did a good job with both Geri and Sean's POV moments.

I enjoyed the slow burning relationship between Geri and Sean. They didn't instantly jump into the
Samantha Pollard
Jul 13, 2017 rated it liked it
***I received this book from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review***

This was the first book I've read by this author. The characters were interesting and well developed and there is a lot of potential for sequels and other novels set in this world. The premise is interesting and plausible but the introduction is rather jarring and I felt a little bit of information overload. I think this novel would have been better as YA. There is some crude terminology in regards to the romance and it fe
Terrill
Jul 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. It is a great beach or backyard read as it is super engaging. I could definitely see more books written in this world and would love to see what happens as they take over the lodge. I loved Susan McEachern's Sunset Rising trilogy enough to encourage my mom and sister to read them. I hope she takes this deeper like she did with that trilogy.

My only complaint is too much about throbbing male parts and brushing against breasts. A little of that goes a long way. I am not
Emily Dickson
Jul 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
UFO's, and Bigfoot together with some romance which made a fun read. Geri was a reporter who I really enjoyed and was well developed right down to her stubbornness. Sean was equally well developed and likeable. The secondary characters were done in such a way that I enjoyed them right down to Karl. This really was a fun book with great scenery descriptions which made me miss the mountains I spent time at when I was much younger. A unique storyline that kept the pages turning and kept my interest ...more
Carol Keen
Sep 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Have to start with the cover. I was drawn to that. I'm glad because I enjoyed this read. I liked the romance, and it is free of the love at first site issue. Geri and Sean are a darling couple. Bigfoot! Thank you for having bigfoot. This book is hard to jam into one genre. It's romance, Sci-Fi, mystery and so much more all in one. I happen to like multiple perspectives in a book, and this one worked that method beautifully.

My copy came from Net Galley. My thoughts and opinions are my own. This r
Diane
Jul 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I received an advanced copy in exchange for an honest review. Really enjoyed this book, Canada's very own Roswell with Bigfoot, aliens and super humans. Place a feisty reporter who wants to uncover the greatest story and you have a fun read. I enjoyed reading more about Sean Eastman and Geri McKenna. Hope there is more to come. I would recommend this book to anyone who loves the supernatural and government coverup stories. There is also a link to a real life Canada UFO story.
Delacey
Aug 19, 2017 rated it liked it
3.5 stars. This book was unique and had several twists going on, with a bit of humour thrown in. However, I found that part way through the book I had trouble getting into the story and put down and picked up the book several times and ended up skimming through part of the middle of the book. The ending was well done with the potential for another book in the series. * I received an ARC from Net Gallery and this is my voluntary and honest review.
Lorna
Jul 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
(RabidReads.com)From the minute I saw this book on Net Galley for review, I knew I was going to love it. Maybe it was all the positive and glowing reviews posted there or just the synopsis, but I knew I had to read it. And then before I could download it, Net Galley had archived it. Never fear though, when the author read my feedback, she graciously offered and sent me a copy in exchange for a fair and honest review.

Geri is a reporter for a newspaper in New York. She’s not happy that she’s stuck
Myrna Richmond
Jul 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
It has been ages since I enjoyed a book as much as I have liked Shag lake. it has been a real treat to spend an afternoon engrossed in a story that is exciting, memorable romantic and so full of promise for a series if the author should decide to write one. It is beautifully written and I applaud the author for her style and imagination which are spellbinding and so addicting.
Joanna
Jul 16, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved this book and look forward to more of the Eastman brothers. Great story with loveable characters. Lots of twists and good pace.
Ivusha (Tenebien)
2.5 stars, I guess. :)
I don't know whether it was me or the book, but we didn't get along. Not that it was bad, it was ok, but some things bugged me. Everything happened too fast, I guess.
Paula
Jul 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
wonderful,I volunteered to read and review this advanced copy and I was very pleased.Just a fantastic paranormal
romance. great storyline.highly recommend looking forward to series just great.
Jackie
Jul 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
What a book. Lots of action, suspense with a touch of romance. Even the characters fit in nicely to give you a great story. Received an ARC and enjoyed reviewing.
Chelon
This is an enjoyable kooky read, bigfoot and aliens, and a little romance. I didn’t take it too seriously, you just can’t.

I was given an ARC for my honest review.
Jen
To read my full review of this title, visit the So Few Books blog at: https://sofewbooks.blogspot.com/2017/...!

I have been lucky to read a number of really good books lately, and this one is by far my new favorite! This may very well be my all-time favorite book!...

It has got everything you could possibly want in a story! Or at least everything I want: There’s intrigue, fantasy, mystery, sci-fi, action, suspense, romance, cover-ups, etc; everything for which a dedicated nerd could wish. Even Bi
Nancy L. Gandolfo
Dec 15, 2017
Jennifer Parrott
Nov 20, 2017
Cathy
Aug 01, 2017 added it
The legalities: I received a free copy of this book from NetGalley in exchange for my honest review.

Look out bigfoot! This tale revolves around Geri, a young woman starting her career as a journalist in the Fashion department, which she did not choose, and her desire to become a more important journalist: Sean, a young man who is as mysterious as he is handsome: a strange disappearance, bigfoot hunters, and a cast beyond the norm.

This fascinating tale takes you by surprise, grabs you immediately
Marlene
Nov 19, 2017
Carol J. Timmerman
Dec 01, 2017
Goodreads Librari...: Shag Lake by Susan McEachern 5 28 May 19, 2017 06:27PM
See also: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show...

Susan McEachern is originally from Nova Scotia, where she attended Dalhousie University and earned an honors degree in Sustainable Development with a focus on oceans. Now a writer, traveller, and Air Force wife, Susan moves around too much to say she's from any one place. She is a member of the published author's network of the Romance Writers of A
More about Susan McEachern

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• Son of the Dawn (Ghosts of the Shadow Market #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Sanctuary (Nomad, #2)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Genome (The Extinction Files #2)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • The Jewel (The Lone City, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Mechanica (Mechanica, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Wired (Wired, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Bandwidth (An Analog Novel Book 1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sufficiently Advanced Magic (Arcane Ascension, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Three Dark Crowns (Three Dark Crowns, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Bees
    $12.99 $1.99
  • The Land: Founding (Chaos Seeds, #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Mists of Avalon (Avalon, #1)
    $12.99 $2.99
  • Fool's Assassin (The Fitz and The Fool Trilogy, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Gone, #1)
  • Friday
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Dhalgren
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Moon Chosen (Tales of a New World #1)
    $8.51 $2.99
  • Homeworld (Odyssey One, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Recurve (The Elemental Series, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Deviants (Dust Chronicles #1)
    $4.49 $0.99
  • Before She Ignites (Fallen Isles, #1)
    $6.49 $1.99
  • The Kill Society (Sandman Slim, #9)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Out of the Black (Odyssey One, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Acacia: The War with the Mein (Acacia, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Menagerie
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Infinite (Gates of Thread and Stone #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Black Bird of the Gallows
    $7.99 $0.99
  • Eighth Grave After Dark (Charley Davidson, #8)
    $8.99 $2.99