Start by marking “Drive” as Want to Read:
Drive

Drive

4.49  ·  Rating details ·  9,851 ratings  ·  1,892 reviews
Music . . . the heart’s greatest librarian.

The average song is three and a half minutes long; those three and a half minutes could lead to a slow blink, a glimpse of the past, or catapult the soul into heart-shattering nostalgia.

At the height of my career, I had the life I wanted, the life I’d always envisioned. I’d found my tempo, my rhythm. Then I received a phone call t
Published October 13th 2017 by CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about Drive, please sign up.
Kate Stewart I'm honestly not sure at the moment. I have to be on fire for a plot to write it. I'm thinking hard on this one.
Kate Stewart I'm thinking on a surprise for my newsletter subscribers from Reid's point of view. It would be in the next month or so. <3…moreI'm thinking on a surprise for my newsletter subscribers from Reid's point of view. It would be in the next month or so. <3(less)

·  9,851 ratings  ·  1,892 reviews

Start your review of Drive
Christy
Sep 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
5+ stars!!!

description
Music is the heart’s greatest librarian.

THIS is one of those books that I will be recommending to all of my friends, because Kate Stewart has delivered in a big way with this book! Drive is an epic story of love, self-discovery, and it blew me away! The perfect amount of angst, steam, laughs, and emotion, Drive is my favorite Stewart book to date!

Drive starts with Stella on top of the world. Her career is in the exact place she always dreamed. Her life is where she alwa
A.
4 STARS

Fucking angst and bittersweet endings.

I’m done with love triangles till the next opportunity for good.

Right now, I hate my masochistic self.

You want to know how I felt when I finished it? Relieved to realize it wasn't real. Just like when you wake up after a bad dream.

Why oh why would I want to feel miserable just because some weak, insecure, selfish heroine can’t make up her goddamn mind and decides to ruin two men while growing up? Because I CRAVE angst, that's why. An error in my DN
Jennifer Kyle
Oct 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs, favorites
5 STARS

"Because music is the heart’s greatest librarian. A few notes had the ability to transport me back in time, and to the most painful places.”

[image error]

This is my favorite Kate Stewart story to date and this book most definitely is making it on my favorite list of 2017. If there has ever been a book that is written seamlessly with a musical soundtrack this is the book. I dare a reader not to check out the songs that accompany the chapters as our amazing heroine navigates her career,
Rachel Reads Ravenously
ALL THE STARS!

“Music is the heart’s greatest librarian.”

Top recommendation and one of the best books of the year for me! Drive made me fall in love with the romance genre again. I’m not exaggerating when I say this, since August I have only had one 5 star romance read, and it was MM not MF. I had given up hope on this genre and on the indie romance community but after reading Drive I’m back and ready for more!

Drive is the story of Stella, a music journalist gets some shocking news and deci
Lana ❇✾DG Romance❇✾
4.5 STARS

He was my song, my soul, my everything, and his love had propelled me forward into the woman I wanted to be. And that woman would burn out with the man who was made to keep her warm.

Wow. WOW. Seriously, wow. This book. This was quite possibly one of the most unique, memorable, and captivating romances I've read in a long while. I have no idea how to even go about reviewing this book because I feel like you really need to go into it completely blind to get the full effect, bu
Danielle ❤️ Pretty Mess Reading ❤️
*****4.5 STARS*****

Unfiltered review here https://wp.me/p7ZSCH-45I

Let me warn you that this story is one hell of a love triangle and if that isn’t your thing then this isn’t your book.

This story takes you on a long drive down memory lane of Stella’s love life or lack there of. This drive is Stella’s playlist of her heart and soul. I mean the chick lays her heart out there to bleed. Her drive, listening to her playlist, feeling her feelings on love. . .it was fucking golden. This girl had me in m
Maria✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦

➦I can't give less than 5 here, people. Because, HOLY MOTHER OF ANGST. If I didn't love my nails so much I would have totally bitten them off.

➦This book has music all over it. It follows a story of a woman who is trying to make a career out of being a reporter and discovering new bands. And her journey is not easy, people. We're talking starting from nothing. And we all know how easy it is to get a foot in the door.

➦I don't think I've ever read a love triangle quite like this one. These three e
Alessandra Torre
Oct 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book really captured me from the very beginning. I love the way it unfolded, and how the author chose to tell the story. It kept me guessing until the very end - not only how it would end, but also how I wanted it to end.

I was burned by this story, because it was very similar to a real-life situation of my own. I was once in love with a man very similar to Reid. I struggled like this character struggled. And that experience really haunted my reading of this novel.

That's a random personal
Astrid - The Bookish Sweet Tooth
Review @ Vanilla & Spice Books

✮✮✮ ALL OF THE STARS ✮✮✮

Love doesn’t die, even when you stop feeding it. There is no expiration date on the ache of missing someone you shared your heart, life, and body with

Kate Stewart's star is rising. She is one of the most versatile writers I've had the pleasure to read so far and she always, ALWAYS delivers.

I have read a couple of love triangles in the past and I'm extremely picky about them because I usually don't like them - one of the parties alway
Patty ~ Wrapped Up In Reading Book Blog
*****4.5 STARS*****
{ARC Generously Provided by Author}

It was always the music that reminded me where I’d been and where I was going. Aching from the truth of the lyrics, sweet relief came in the form of the beautiful man who appeared on the other side of the stage. He was desperately searching for someone, for me. I stood waiting, as different tears—tears I’d sworn I didn’t have left—swam in my eyes.

In that moment, I let my love show and tears fall freely as Don’s raspy voice conveyed more to hi
❥ KAT ❥ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

5 BEAUTIFUL BASTARD STARS!!

DRIVE: Is a standalone contemporary romance novel by Kate Stewart and has just become my one click author!!

Holy shit!! I feel like I've been pulled through a hedge backwards, and probably look like it too!! God this book! At the start of this I went in with eyes wide open, at the end of it I came away loving two men! This book made me feel so much, I cried, I laughed, I loved, I swooned, I listened as I got carried away in the music that accompanie
Jenny••Steamy Reads Blog••
I told myself I wouldn't read triangles anymore. I really did 🙋🏼 yes that was me.. However, I caved, this is the kindof triangle story I like, I can handle these kind, it was good to my heart, and hair =))

Simply beautiful. Amazingly written. Stunningly perfect.
I loved it. It's that simple. I honestly can't say anything bad about it at all. I fully recommend this one to all my GR friends❤️

I fell in love with each character in this book.
Stella was an incredibly strong individual that just cont
Shile
5+++++ stars

If anyone tells you a song is important to them, you should turn it up loud, close your eyes, and really listen. Because at the end, you will know that person so much better.

Warning! Quotes and Gushing!

I am all tingly and gooey inside. I am also hurt, I fell in love and got my heart stomped. Gaaah!

My heart! GAAAAHHH!!!

"Just remember when you’re yelling, you’re hurt. And whoever hurt you probably loves you just as much.”

description

I read MF Contemporary and freaking loved it. GAAAAAHH!
NMmomof4
4.25 Stars

Overall Opinion: Why, oh why couldn't I get a jump ahead epilogue with more of the couple?! I think after all the angst, tears, and anxious waiting we deserved that! Right?! Maybe I'm just alone in my thinking, but I needed some happiness to go with all the angst! Otherwise, I loved the book. I think if it had a good epilogue and a good concrete HEA I would've been leaning towards giving this 5 stars. Total bummer. I don't have many triggers, and love triangle isn't one of them. If d
Paige
5+ “Grenade” Stars

I’m bleary eyed and sleep deprived but it is oh so worth it. Drive is an epic romance full of self discovery, hard choices, true, ever lasting love and don’t forget angst. So much angst. But it was SO WORTH EVERY SINGLE SECOND.

Two days later and I am still a mess. But in the good kind of way that means not only did I read a good book but I experienced something great. So great in fact that I literally read it a second time as I listened to the music.

I read the prologue the day
Alex ♈
Stacey is Sassy
***IT'S ALIVE!!***

I got the music in me...

I realised something while reading Drive, I’ve never known heartbreak. Sure, I’ve seen the heartbreak and experienced someone else’s heartbreak, but I’ve never been gut-punched by love. I wonder sometimes if we go looking for what we don’t have, or what we haven't had, in our reads. You may think that seems weird to want to read about another's anguish and pain but there seems a lot of fulfilment in coming out of the dark. Don’t get me wrong, I’ve lived
Chelsea Humphrey
Jan 13, 2020 marked it as dnf-lost-interest  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Chelsea by: Shannon
Since this one was spoiled for me and therefore I didn't read it's entirety, I'm just going to move it to the DNF shelf. Based on the first 9% and the ending, though, I'd recommend giving it a shot for yourself!
Bibi
DNF @30%

Subpar writing, as well as an eye-rolling cast of characters.
What's there to love about this woman that makes two men want her? SMH. I don't get it
Malene
Kate Stewart! She's capable of writing anything and I mean anything. From suspenseful erotica, hilarious romcom to angsty second chance romance. She masters any genre.
Drive nurtured my music loving heart and my love for romance. I was blown away by this epic story and the author's lyrical prose.
Drive has cemented Kate Stewart as an author who writes without restraint. Her love and passion for music shines through every word. I'm in love and on a high.

This is Stella's journey and it was meticul
Jan

Five Stars, Five Stars, Five Stars, Five Stars, Five Stars, Five Stars, Five Stars, Five Stars, Five Stars, Five Stars, Five Stars, Five Stars.

I love it. I loved it. I love it. I loved it.

Caution: My most nonsensical ramblings evah.

Day 1 -

It trampled on my heart, crushed my feelings, poked my ulcer, put me short of sleep.

Day 2 - *like a zombie*

Mercy, dear author.

Counting the minutes to my break, grabbed my kindle to feed my obsession, eating is overrated. Got me almost in hysterics,
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
FIVE ★'s

Calling all angst lovers....

description

...and Kate Stewart BROUGHT. IT!! This book is simply amazing!! If you love emotional/angsty books, you cannot let this one pass you by but BEWARE you seriously will not get a thing done once you start reading!

I've always enjoyed her books but when I saw that ALL of my blogger friends were giving it five stars, my heart was all aflutter! I mean this is only my third five star of the year...I was definitely due.

♦ Just a little note...Kate Stewart has the
Snow
4.5 "music is life" stars

A powerful, emotional and angsty filled drama of second chance love, choices, life, finding your own path and owning it...

Making a choice between two men, is no choice at all, both men carved a memo in one woman's heart, breaking it, mending it and yet their stamp was once and for all...but through it all, she needed to let go, let all of it go and find herself first and then once more...again

The point where my heart was beating so goddamned hard and fast is the livi
TheCrazyWorldOfABookLover
Oct 15, 2017 rated it did not like it
Couldn't for the life of me get into this book and still can't seem to understand where all the high ratings are coming from.
REALLY didn't like the writing.
The story.
The characters.
Nada.

Find Me On:
InstagramFB PageFB BlogBlogTwitter
Donna ~ The Romance Cover
Drive by Kate Stewart
5 stars!!!

“You have to wait one minute past desperation...”

To be honest, 5 stars is not enough for this book. Out of the thousands and thousands of books I have read I have two all-time favourites that I recommend to anyone who will listen. These two books have been on that list for a long time with no stand out books that have deserved to match them…until now. I have read this book three times already, three times this book has destroyed me and each time of read
Geri Reads
Oct 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
I get it. I get now why there’s so much hype surrounding this book. And I have to say that that hype was earned. Drive was beautifully written, complex, and engaging. The story about Stella and the two men she loved hits you right in the feels as they say. It really does. It was captivating.

I love how heroine-centric this story is. I tend to prefer dual POVs because I like getting the heroine and hero’s perspective. I did not miss the male POV in this book. Why? Because Stella is such a compell
Nicola
Oct 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-stars
I’ve read several books by Kate Stewart this year—The Brave Line introduced me to her writing and she immediately leapt onto my must-read list. I have to say though, Drive is the best I’ve read from her and I absolutely adored this story and the feelings it pulled from me. It was indeed one hell of a ride.

“Take any song from the Rolodex of your life and you can pin it to a memory. It translates, resonates, and there it will remain.”

I’ll be honest, love-triangles and I generally don’t mix so
• Jodi Bibliophile •
Oct 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-star
Saturday the 21st October 2017 at 5:27am marks the day that Drive by Kate Stewart became one of my all-time favourite books EVER!!

Not just my favourite this year, or 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013 or 2012.

It’s up there with the greatest stories of all-time for me.

It’s the weirdest feeling but I feel my life has changed somehow. Like nothing will ever be the same after this book.

An adventure that I was excited to start and petrified throughout.

I’m so happy and I can’t stop crying.

Stella, you are an ins
Alba and Her Secrets..♥
5 'Love, life & music' Stars!
ARC provided by the author in exchange for an honest review.

I wanted to write this review as soon as a finished this magnificent book (while I still was feeling extremely emotional about it) because I want you all to know about it. I've said it many times but let me say it again.. Kate Stewart is a writing genius. If you know me, you also know I am not a massive fan of love triangles. Well, you also know I am a massive fan of Kate so, of course, I will make an except
Hulya Kara Yuksel

OMFG this book.... This freaking beautiful / spectacular book literally took my breath away... 😍 I mean WOW, I feel like I just run a marathon... :D

Anyway for me this was one of the best book of 2017 and I highly recommend it to you. Maybe just like me, you'll think that you read this type of books earlier but trust me, once you start to read this book, you'll see how different it is... And don't even get me start with the amazing writing style.... It's so unique. Kate Stewart, you are a genius!

• Heartbreak Warfare
  • Epoch (Transcend, #2)
  • Transcend (Transcend, #1)
  • The Life That Mattered (Life, #1)
  • The Life You Stole (Life, #2)
  • Fortuity (Transcend, #3)
  • The Girl in the Love Song (Lost Boys, #1)
  • Forever Right Now
  • Dear Ava
  • Midnight Blue
  • Look the Part
  • When Life Happened
  • In Harmony
  • Long Live the Beautiful Hearts (Beautiful Hearts, #2)
  • Bring Down the Stars (Beautiful Hearts, #1)
  • A Place Without You
  • My Favorite Souvenir
  • The Hunter (Boston Belles, #1)
USA Today bestselling author and Texas native, Kate Stewart, lives in North Carolina with her husband, Nick, and her naughty beagle, Sadie. She pens messy, sexy, angst-filled contemporary romance, as well as romantic comedy and erotic suspense. Kate's title, Drive, was named one of the best romances of 2017 by The New York Daily News and Huffington Post. Drive was also a finalist in the Goodreads ...more