Start by marking “The Wicked Redhead (The Wicked City #2)” as Want to Read:
The Wicked Redhead (The Wicked City #2)

The Wicked Redhead

(The Wicked City #2)

The dazzling narrator of The Wicked City brings her mesmerizing voice and indomitable spirit to another Jazz Age tale of rumrunners, double crosses, and true love, spanning the Eastern seaboard from Florida to Long Island to Halifax, Nova Scotia.

1924. Ginger Kelly wakes up in tranquil Cocoa Beach, Florida, having fled south to safety in the company of disgraced Prohibition
Published December 10th 2019 by William Morrow Paperbacks

To ask other readers questions about The Wicked Redhead, please sign up.
Deborah Yes, as well as characters from several of the author's other books.
Toni No, it's the second book in the Wicked City series by Beatriz Williams. So the first book is, Wicked City; and the second is this one, The Wicked…moreNo, it's the second book in the Wicked City series by Beatriz Williams. So the first book is, Wicked City; and the second is this one, The Wicked Redhead. If you can see the summaries that are written about each book, roughly a paragraph long, it will give you an idea of what each book is about. They're both great, in my opinion, and the second answers questions posed in the first. Enjoy!(less)

Start your review of The Wicked Redhead (The Wicked City #2)
Julie
3.5 stars- Assigned- Good, but not great. Be sure to read the first book- The Wicked City- before starting this one.
Kate Quinn
Dec 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Gin Kelly's voice is just delightful. I'm glad there'll be a third book concluding her adventures.
Berit☀️✨
Beatrix Williams has spun an entertaining story. This is the second book in the wicked City series. I thoroughly enjoyed this book, however I do think not having read the first book detracted from my enjoyment a little. I had a hard time getting into the story and I think that’s because I did not know the character’s background. I love feisty female characters, I love books that take place in the 20s, and I love books set in multiple time periods. This book had all three and more. The book ...more
Literary Soirée
I love historical fiction and the author is considered masterful at this genre. However, I just couldn’t get into THE WICKED REDHEAD, the sequel to THE WICKED CITY, which I haven’t read. Maybe it’s because I didn’t like main character Gin Kelly, described as a “floozy” in love with a “disgraced Prohibition agent” in 1924. The dual timeline narrative in 1998 with Ella Dommerich, who lives in the Greenwich Village apartment once occupied by Gin, also didn’t compel me. Other reviewers who have read ...more
ABookwormWithWine
/ 5

I WANT MORE GINGER!! I don't know what it was about this one, but I loved The Wicked Redhead by Beatriz Williams way more than The Wicked City. Something about the ending maybe? Or maybe it's just because the more I read about Ginger Kelly the more I feel like I know her and want to know what happened to her, Ella's story be damned.

Okay that was probably a bit harsh, but my favorite storyline is definitely Gin's and I just adore her wit and her spunk, and her love affair with Oliver Anson
Literary Soirée
Olive
Dec 05, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: olr-reviews
Review originally appeared on Open Letters Review.

Hot, and on the heels of 2017's The Wicked City, the next installment in the series from the prolific Beatriz Williams gives readers a hearty dose of Gin Kelly. Picking up nearly exactly where the first book left off, The Wicked Redhead once again splits the story between two leading ladies and would-be roommates, if only they weren't separated by time.

In 1998, Ella Dommerich seeks sanctuary from a cheating husband in a Greenwich Village
Nursebookie
A beautiful story told in two timelines which picked up from the first book, The Wicked City. I feel that reading the first book first would thoroughly give the reader a better understanding of the amazing characters that Beatriz Williams have created.

Though I did not read the first book, I still thoroughly enjoyed this beautiful story told from 1924 during the Jazz Age and Prohibition Era, and how it connects to 1998 with Ella Dommerich in Greenwhich Village.

Ginger Kelly is an awesome
Tammy
Dec 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: release-2019
Although I haven’t read the first book, I highly enjoyed this second novel in the ‘Wicked City’ series. The Wicked Redhead has dual timelines set in 1998, and the latter going back to 1924 during the jazz and prohibition era with characters Ginger (Gin) Kelly.. she’s a smart, saucy redhead that’s quite scandalous in her day, and girl-next-door Ella that finds a vintage (nude) photograph of a beautiful mysterious redhead.
Entertaining, intriguing and overflowing with mystery, danger and fiery hot
Toni
Dec 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs-2019
The Redhead from 'The Wicked City' (#1 Wicked Series), Geneva ‘Ginger’ Kelly, better know as ‘Gin” to her closer friends, returns to the pages of “The Wicked Redhead” in book two of Beatriz Williams’ Wicked City series. Let me be the first to tell ya, these pages are smokin’.

We first encounter Ginger escaping from her stepfather Duke Kelly, back in River Junction, Maryland; who it seems she and the Marshall boys, Billy and Anson (lots more about them later), had just killed and put a large dent
Tammy
Dec 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Entertaining, intriguing and overflowing with mystery, danger and fiery hot
Christina (Confessions of a Book Addict)
Things pick up where they left off in The Wicked City. Oliver and Ginger are hiding out in Cocoa Beach with the Fitzwilliams and the year is 1924. If you read Cocoa Beach, you are familiar with these characters. Oliver and Ginger are escaping the horrible fight they had with notorious bootleggers, including her wretched stepfather, Duke Kelly. Oliver leaves Ginger behind to go pursue some business and requests that she wait for him in Florida. Gin isn't someone who waits around and when Oliver's ...more
Christine Moore
Sep 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: edelweiss
The Wicked Redhead picks right up where The Wicked City left us. I absolutely love Gin Kelly and can not wait for more of her story. I loved catching up with Ella and Hector and can't wait to see what is next for them. I loved how so many of the past characters of Beatriz Williams's books are making appearances. I loved The Wicked Redhead and can not wait for more of both Gin's and Ella's story. I received an advanced readers copy and all opinions are my own.
Aura
Dec 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: prohibition, new-york
The second part of the Wicked City, Gin Kelly is in love with Agent Anson. She survives all the goings on from book 1 but life is still difficult. I love this continuation of the story. Many characters that I have met before in other Beatriz Williams make appearances in this novel such as the Marshalls and the Schuylers.
Davida Chazan
Gin... both a drink and a name! Ginger is the Wicked Redhead, and boy do things get red hot in Beatriz Williams' second book in this series. You can read my review on my blog here! https://tcl-bookreviews.com/2019/12/1...
Cheryl
Dec 09, 2019 rated it it was ok
I like this author's books but sadly I was not in love with this book. While, I have not read the first book in this series, that was not the issue. It was the fact that I was not in "love" with the main characters. In the beginning, I did think I would really like Ella because she did show that she would bounce back on her feet but it was Gin that I did like.

Yet, I found the pacing in the beginning to be really slow. I even put the boo down and walked away from it for a bit. When I came back,
Sara Dorn
Nov 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love Gin Kelly’s story. I’m not as huge of a fan as Ella but I love any story that connects to Annabelle and Stefan! Gin has such a unique voice and I love that Beatriz Williams had the courage to write about the Prohibition Age.
MicheleReader
Nov 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Beatriz Williams is one of my favorite authors. I tell fans of historical fiction that they must read her books. Since her first novel, she has woven wonderful tales – most including, in a major or minor way, the Schuyler family. In The Wicked Redhead we learn more about Ginger Kelly in 1924 as well as Ella Dommerich Gilbert (daughter of Pepper Schuyler) in 1998, characters we met in Book 1 - The Wicked City. This book also starts by tying up a loose end from Williams’ Cocoa Beach. It makes good ...more
Kimberly Mussell
I am so excited that Gin Kelly is back!! Thank you to edelweiss plus , Beatriz Williams and Harper Collins. When an author can incorporate other novels, it is such a thrill! Cocoa Beach and A Certain Age - if you are a true fan, you will recognize the names in the Wicked Redhead! Let's not forget to mention the law firm!! When reading this, I wanted to be in a smoky jazz filled room with a gin and tonic! Beatriz can really set the scene!
Any my favorite quote has to be.. "flame-haired mountain
The Bookend Diner
Dec 02, 2019 rated it liked it
Thank you William Morrow Books for gifting me an advanced copy of Beatriz William’s newest book THE WICKED REDHEAD.

I am an admirer of Beatriz Williams; she has a talent for writing an impeccable historical fiction story. I am consistently transported back into the period that Williams is writing about and occasionally forget that I am not experiencing what I am reading. She is an immensely talented author and after reading THE WICKED CITY and THE WICKED REDHEAD, I feel that even more so.

First,
Reeca Elliott
Dec 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: edelweiss, kindle-app
Ella has changed her world! She has quit her job, left her husband and has moved into a new apartment. She discovers some unique information about a previous tenant of her new space. This sends her on a quest to find out more.

This novel is broken down into two different time periods, 1924 and 1998. I actually enjoyed the more recent time period better than the past. This is usual for me. I think the mystery element, the apartment and the characters were much better during this part of the story.
BookGypsy
Nov 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the follow up to The Wicked City which was the first book I read by this author that made me such a fan of her books. The Wicked City will always be my favorite. I absolutely love reading about the jazz era. This follow up brings the past to the future. I love the characters. I love the connection the two women have. I was so excited for this new book. It didn't disappoint. The continuation is amazing. I love loved this! I hope she continues this story there is still so much of it to run ...more
Lisa Hart
I won of copy of this book through a Goodreads giveaway! I had read the first installment of this series and loved the characters and dual time-line. I’ll confess that this second book didn’t capture me the same way, but Gin’s voice is so entertaining that it kept me interested. If you like Beatriz Williams’ writing, this was still a worthwhile read.
Jen
Nov 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Wicked Redhead is Williams’ follow up to The Wicked City and it picks up right where City left off. I can say this with assurance because I literally read City right before Redhead. As a huge Beatriz Williams fan for years now, and though I owned the book, City had somehow slipped through unread. So I power read them back to back and what an adventure it was!

I loved the back and forth between the 90s and the roaring twenties. The age of Prohibition was such a fascinating time of both over
Jessica Jeffers
Nov 29, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: arc-physical, fiction
This book was such a mess. I was hoping to get some resolutions to the first book but this was the least satisfying thing I've read all year.
Tiffany Foskey
Oct 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved loved loved this book!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love continuing Ginger's story and meeting Ella!!!!!!! Really hope there's a 3rd book continuing Ginger and Ella's story. Thank you to William Morrow Publishing and Edelweiss for my honest review
Nadine Jones
There are spoilers for The Wicked City in this review.

I absolutely LOVED this portion of Gin and Anson's story. They are so dark and passionate and true to each other, but also a little bone-headed.

I mean, look at these two:
"If you want out --"

"Want out? Out of what? Out of loving you? Out of waking up and thanking God you're still alive, I haven't killed you with this life of mine, this job of mine --"

"Oh, if that's what's bothering you --"

"There is only one thing that bothers me, Ginger. I
Diane
Dec 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
When we last left Gin Kelly, she had just had a harrowing encounter with her violent stepfather and his gang of Prohibition-violating criminals that left Billy Marshall, the man who loved her, badly beaten in Beatriz Williams' second Wicked City series novel, The Wicked City.

The third novel of the Wicked City series, The Wicked Redhead, picks up in 1924 in the aftermath of the violent event. Gin and Billy's brother Anson, a Prohibition agent who is Gin's lover, have escaped to Cocoa Beach,
Michelle
This is the second book in the series, I would definitely recommend reading The Wicked City Before this. I don’t feel like this book would make complete sense as a stand alone. I’m just giving you a heads up in case you haven’t already read the first book :)

This book takes place in two timelines. There’s Gin’s story in 1924 and Ella’s story in 1998.

Ella is given a very valuable picture of Gin after her great-aunt learns that Ella is in Gin’s old apartment.
It leads Ella to wonder whatever
Bruin Mccon
“...she’s so gorgeously happy, so free of every care, I want to fly right out through the window and into her arms, where my own sorrows might dissolve by the heat of her joy.”

The Wicked Redhead is a dual timeline novel featuring a Prohibition era woman in love with a booze fighting Coast Guard and a late 1990s woman who has fallen in love for the first time.

You can feel the love Ginger Kelly, the woman in the earlier timeline, has for Oliver Anson Marshall, as the weeks drag on, he doesn’t
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• The Other Windsor Girl: A Novel of Princess Margaret, Royal Rebel
  • Lady Clementine
  • The Chelsea Girls
  • The Glittering Hour
  • The Christmas Spirits on Tradd Street  (Tradd Street, #6)
  • The Confession Club (Mason, #3)
  • The Starless Sea
  • The Bromance Book Club (Bromance Book Club, #1)
  • 25 Days 'til Christmas
  • What Happens in Paradise
  • Under Occupation (Night Soldiers, #15)
  • The Summer Country
  • The Patient
  • A Good Neighborhood
  • The Swallows
  • Someone to Remember (Westcott #7)
  • A Stranger on the Beach
  • American Dirt

The Wicked City (2 books)
  • The Wicked City (The Wicked City #1)
“We’ll talk more later, all right? You let me know if you need anything. Mumma says you hired Willig, Williams & White to handle the divorce.” 0 likes