Start by marking “Fancy Nancy: Oodles of Kittens” as Want to Read:
Fancy Nancy: Oodles of Kittens

Fancy Nancy: Oodles of Kittens

(Fancy Nancy)

It’s raining, and Nancy hears a strange sound coming from outside. Nancy and Bree decide to investigate, and what do they find? Lo and behold! It’s oodles of adorable kittens! (Oodles is fancy for a lot.)

After finding some of the kittens good homes, Nancy and Bree each get to keep one for themselves. That’s until Nancy’s new kitten meets her posh pup, Frenchy. Will Nancy’s
Published January 2nd 2018 by HarperCollins (first published 2018)

To ask other readers questions about Fancy Nancy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fancy Nancy

Start your review of Fancy Nancy: Oodles of Kittens
La Coccinelle
Feb 21, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children
It's official: I prefer the I Can Read! books in this series to the regular picture books.

Fancy Nancy: Oodles of Kittens is a story about the result of irresponsible pet ownership. I really hoped that the stray cat would be spayed. How hard would it have been to write: "Mrs. Devine got Maj spayed. That's a fancy word that means Maj can't have any more kittens"? But, no, the stray cat stays with the woman who just screams "crazy cat lady", so you know that feline will probably be knocked up again
Aug 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is a sweet and fun addition for Fancy Nancy fans. My five year old daughter is slightly addicted to the Fancy Nancy stories right now, and she loved how this book focused on Nancy’s pet dog Frenchy and her new kitten, Sequin.
Kathy
Nov 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019-ehrtbm
fun read, the kids love kitties
Tarryn
Jan 27, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Read 1/27/18
Kelly
This is the first Fancy Nancy book I've read. It was cute. I liked the illustrations, but more so, I liked the use of the bigger words and the explanations of those words. I do feel like this is a series geared toward girls.
Kathryn (Nine Pages)
Review originally published on my blog, Nine Pages .

This is a good story for families with new siblings or new pets. Nancy and Bree find a mother cat—a queen—with new kittens. Mrs. DeVine takes the family in, and Nancy and Bree keep a close eye on the young kittens. Bree and Nancy keep Sequin and Rhinestone after the other kittens have found homes. Frenchy is jealous and feeling ignored as Nancy pampers Sequin with lots of attention. Frenchy is an excellent stand-in for an older sibling where
Abigail
Dec 04, 2018 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Fancy Nancy Fans / Young Cat Lovers
Fancy Nancy returns in this latest picture-book devoted to her many adventures, this time discovering a litter of kittens while having a fancy tea-party with her best friend Bree, and their neighbor, Mrs. DeVine. Delighted with these new feline friends, the girls watch over them as they grow, and eventually each take one home. Nancy is caught up in caring for Sequin, as she names her new pet, and doesn't understand why Frenchy, her pet poodle, doesn't seem happy. Once she discovers that there is ...more
Megan Gilchrist
Jun 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Suzanne Kunz Williams
I love how although this book talks about the joy of having a kitten, it also talks about jealousy and how to help others when they are feeling jealous.

**What pets did you have as a child? Did you have a favorite? What pets did you want as a child? As an adult, do you have that pet now? How many children in your family growing up? Where do you fall in the birth order? Do you remember how you felt when a younger sibling was born? When have you felt jealous? Did you resolve the feelings yourself
Ellon
Jul 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is my first Fancy Nancy book and I really enjoyed it. I like how this develops vocabulary in a fun way by telling all the “fancy” words. This book tells information about kittens and has a theme of other sibling jealousy when a younger sibling is introduced in the family. Actually, my only real complaint with the book is that it crams a lot of themes and plot into one picture book. The missing kitten part at the end could have been omitted.
Sarah T.
I feel like a hypocrite for liking this book in spite of its pinkness, when I just gave another book a 3 star review for being too pink, but... this is Fancy Nancy, what are ya gonna do, eh? I love how this series is so good at teaching vocabulary throughout the story. Plus, kittens! I didn't know a new cat mother is called a queen! I liked this book. I may have to try it at storytime.
Catherine
Apr 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This story is about Nancy and her friend Bree, they find a stray cat and her kittens and help take care of them. This book introduces children to new vocabulary words and also gives an explanation of what each word being used in the story. Nancy also has to learn what the word jealous means and share her time between her new kitten and her older puppy.
Earl
Dec 30, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fancy Nancy is back to ring in the new year with the surprise arrival of kittens. A good take on sibling rivalry when the new house pet clashes with the existing one. But if anyone could solve this kind of problem, it's the girl who likes to introduce readers to fancy words!
Alice
May 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Fancy Nancy's Last picture book.. Now I am going to have to watch her on Disney JR. SIGH!
Cute books about Oodles of Kittens. I love that the she names the kitten Rhinestone and Sequin that is fancy way of saying sparkly!
Kary
Jan 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Love Fancy Nancy! I always recommend these to my little girls who want Disney Princess books, which are perpetually checked out.
Cat
Jan 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books, cats
This is most likely my favorite Fancy Nancy book ever. Cats and kittens and teaching the reader the importance of patience and love.
Nikki
Feb 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Read this to my 5 year old...we really liked it!
Jesse
Feb 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was our first "Fancy Nancy" book and we enjoyed it very much! Lots of animals, love, and fanciness. My only hangup was that the point of the story seemed to keep changing.
Liz Todd
Feb 17, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: pets, picture-book
We got to meet Jane O’Connor today and hear her read her new book. AND...I got to hold the book while she read it!!
Vicki
Feb 27, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: picture
O00-la-la! Another typical book presenting Fancy Nancy.
Amanda
Mar 03, 2018 rated it it was ok
I adore the sparkles and glitter in Fancy Nancy books; however, they are always just this much short of being too twee (a word that means nauseatingly cute). This book is no exception.
Taija
Apr 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh Nancy... this girl makes me laugh every time!
Miss Sarah
Jun 13, 2018 rated it liked it
Nancy and Bree have each taken home a new kitten but can her dog adjust to the new family member. Lots of great vocabulary. preschool and up
Brittany
Dec 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A cute Fancy Nancy book about taking care of kittens.
Kimberly
Man, Fancy Nancy is really something. I feel like I would be itchy with all of those accessories. This book is decently cute though.
unique Gucci
Aug 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-s
I absolutely love reading this book to my girls, super cute and will read it again.
C.W
Aug 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020
I really like how you draw the kittens they were super cute and now I want the some kitten Bree and Nancy got. But at first is was sad that Someone abandon the kittens and there mother.
Julie's WILD
The artwrk in these are amazing in this volume! I love the story and so did my daughter. This one is a fave of ours in the series.
The Book Box
Mar 06, 2018 added it
Shelves: library
Re-read April 2018: I checked this out from the library again because I love kittens!

Read March 2018: I picked this from the library all day when I was picking ALL the new books from the shelves. Mama read it to me and my stepbrother last night and I loved it! I loved the kittens and I love learning new words - especially "ooh la la"!
Amanda Thompson
I don't have much to say except I hate the font. It's cute, but the font was annoying.

• Dear Girl,: A Celebration of Wonderful, Smart, Beautiful You!
  • Interrupting Chicken
  • A Parade of Elephants
  • Knuffle Bunny: A Cautionary Tale (Knuffle Bunny, #1)
  • I Am Too Absolutely Small for School
  • Waiting is Not Easy! (Elephant & Piggie, #22)
  • The Jolly Postman, or Other People's Letters
  • Bedtime for Frances
  • Pete the Cat and the Cool Caterpillar
  • Llama Llama Red Pajama
  • The Cookie Fiasco (Elephant & Piggie Like Reading!, #1)
  • The Pigeon Has Feelings, Too!
  • On a Magical Do-Nothing Day
  • Quiet
  • The Going to Bed Book
  • The Pigeon Finds a Hot Dog!
  • Llama Llama Mad at Mama
  • The Raft
Since the publication of Fancy Nancy, Jane O'Connor's closet now boasts so many boas, tiaras, and sparkly ensembles that sometimes friends do not recognize her on the street. She still resides (that's a fancy word for lives) in New York City with her family and their canine companion, Arrow. --from the publisher's website

Fancy Nancy (1 - 10 of 59 books)
  • Fancy Nancy
  • Fancy Nancy and the Mermaid Ballet
  • Fancy Nancy: Fanciest Doll in the Universe
  • Fancy Nancy and the Wedding of the Century
  • Fancy Nancy: Saturday Night Sleepover
  • Fancy Nancy: Explorer Extraordinaire!

News & Interviews

Rumaan Alam began writing Leave the World Behind with a series of tweets on a secret Twitter account he started two years ago.   The book that...