Start by marking “Dirty Little Secret (Forbidden Desires, #1)” as Want to Read:
Dirty Little Secret (Forbidden Desires, #1)

Dirty Little Secret

(Forbidden Desires #1)

3.87  ·  Rating details ·  3,630 Ratings  ·  564 Reviews
The start to a sexy new series from New York Times bestselling author, Kendall Ryan...

She’s much too innocent for me, but that doesn’t stop me from wanting the sweet, young librarian. I’m dominating and possessive, and my control streak runs a mile wide.

The way she looks at me—like I’m one of the heroes in the books she loves, like I’m broken, and she wants to be the one
Published September 14th 2017 by Kendall Ryan

To ask other readers questions about Dirty Little Secret, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dirty Little Secret

Candace
***I received a complimentary ARC of this book in exchange for honest feedback.***

This was one intense and sexy read! I laughed, teared up and even melted. It was angsty and emotional. I enjoyed every minute.

Emma Bell is a librarian, who dreams of the sexy man that she sees every morning at the coffee shop. Of course, she knows that he is way out of her league and never dares to approach him. Then, one morning, after exchanging a few words, the man of her dreams leaves his business card where he
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★

⭐⭐⭐⭐1/2! Dirty Little Secret, book 1 of 2. Hot-cold seduction, explosive sex & dirty secrets as librarian is swept into an affair with the aloof & non-committal Gavin Kingsley!

“And since you were such a good little date planner, I’m going to let you ride my cock. Would you like that?”

Books in Forbidden Desires series should be read in order:
Book 1: Dirty Little Secret - Gavin’s story
Book 2: Dirty Little Promise - Gavin’s story
Book 3: Torrid Little Affair - Cooper’s story
Book 3: Tem
Kendall Ryan
Jul 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: my-books
Book 1 in the HIGHLY ANTICIPATED Forbidden Desires series is NOW LIVE!! EEEKK!!!
"A decadent push and pull between two heart-stopping men and a secret you'd never expect." - New York Times Bestselling Author, Alessandra Torre

"It's wicked. It's sexy. Consider me obsessed with the Kingsley men!" —New York Times Bestselling Author Lisa Renee Jones

"Kendall delivers not just one drool-worthy hero but two in Dirty Little Secret. It was dirty. It was sinful. It was delicious. I can't decide who I loved
Christy
Aug 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
4 stars!!!

photo 20728346_10104067438727058_555993571329238374_n_zpsuadiv7ji.jpg
Dirty secrets. We all have them. We guard them fiercely, protecting them like a mother does a precious newborn infant, cradled to her chest, away from the world’s prying eyes. Yet those dark, forbidden desires we crave won’t stay hidden for long. They have a way of coming out—usually at the most inopportune time.

Dirty Little Secret is a promising start to a new series by Kendall Ryan. It’s been a little while since I’ve read a Ryan book, and this book felt different than some of h
*****FOUR STARS*****
{ARC Generously Provided by Author}

I couldn’t quite put my finger on it, but his demeanor and harsh words seemed to bypass my brain, charging straight into that secret part of me I always kept firmly hidden. The part of me that wanted to be cherished and worshipped, to please a man so deeply I knew without a doubt was my other half.

photo DLS1_book_zpsiwl93tx7.png

The ”Forbidden Desires” series takes us on one woman’s erotic journey to self-awareness with two sinfully gorgeous brothers who offer her a propo
Cristina | CristiinaReads
Jun 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-books
➳Secrets can be kept, but sooner or later, they come out in the open and Kendall Ryan knows how enticing dark secrets are for her readers..

➳A story filled with passion, dark secrets, and fulfilling angst that keeps you on your toes, Kendall Ryan has brought the suspense romance that I have been missing. Ever since I read the Filthy Beautiful Lies: The Series, I knew that Kendall is capable of the kind of romance that applies suspense and graceful chemistry. Gavin Kingsley is a man that posses
Melanie
Sep 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
ARC provided by the publisher via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

“It started out as a dirty little secret, something to amuse myself with. I lived a boring existence—work, home, bed . . . and Gavin was a distraction. Maybe I should have left it there, but I hadn’t.”

First off, how do I get my hands on the second book of this series immediately? Because that cliffhanger was just cruel, yet makes me want to beg Kendall Ryan for an ARC of book two this very instant. This was my first
⊱✿⊰ Alicia ⊱✿⊰
4.5 Not So 'Dirty' Little Secret, Stars
Dirty secrets. We all have them. We guard them fiercely, protecting them like a mother does a precious newborn infant, cradled to her chest, away from the world's prying eyes. Yet those dark, forbidden desires we crave won't stay hidden for long. They have a way of coming out-usually at the most inopportune time.

10 months ago Emma left an abusive relationship and thinks she is now ready to start living again. Emma has been crushing on a tall dark handsome
Danielle ❤️ Pretty Mess Reading ❤️
***2.5 STARS***

This wasn't a bad book but it also wasn't very good either. I went into this book not knowing anything about it. I've heard so many wonderful things about the author and I was excited to pop my Kendall Ryan cherry.

I needed a few days to write this review because I got a little bit busy and the worst thing is - I forgot what it was even about. The story just didn't stick with me. It's kind of like waking up the next morning after drinking too much and someone telling you what happe
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

MY RATING: 3.5 Stars

DIRTY LITTLE SECRET: Is the first instalment within the erotic new series (Forbidden Desires) duet by Author, Kendall Ryan.

In this we meet thirty year old
Maria✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦

➦A sexy and a bit stalkerish librarian chick finds herself in a dating arrangement with two brothers... one very nice and sweet and one, well, not so much. Which one intrigues her more?

➦You guessed it! The assholes, they are always so... le mysterious, right...? Anyways, I'm not reviewing this, just a quick note: this ends on a slight cliffy and book two in this series is a continuation of the story. And those of you who are scared of super angsty love triangles - this isn't one of those books.
Natalie The Biblioholic
Sep 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Dirty. Filthy. And oh so very sexy. I’m all in with the Kingsley men!!

I LOVED the latest book from Kendall Ryan, Dirty Little Secret. As soon as I cracked this baby open, I was eager to find out just what this secret was. But then I got sidetracked because I immediately became consumed by the passion that erupted between the main characters, Emma Bell and Gavin Kingsley. Not to mention the machinations of Gavin’s brother, Cooper, who I’m excited to see get his own happiness when his book, Tor
Jen
****4.5 stars! ****

I really enjoyed this book, and I devoured it within a day! There is a cliffhanger, but I did notice that the next installment is on October 9th! I've already pre-ordered my copy as this series I am totally on board with!

"Forbidden Desires" is an escort agency run by three brothers. They are extremely successful now; but they grew up in poverty with their single mom. This first installment is about Gavin, he is an "alphahole!!" He really is hard to take at times...well....most
Shannon Moore
Aug 29, 2017 rated it it was ok
I need to start this by saying that this isn't a bad book, it's just not the book for me. You know how everyone has their preferences while reading, likes, dislikes, things they can't stand, etc? Well BDSM is that for me. Or more specifically, the Dom/submissive type of relationship. Personally, it doesn't tickle my fancy. In certain circumstances I will bend that self imposed rule, but it has to be done in a very specific way to catch me and this one unfortunately didn't do that.

Reading the bl
Dali
A gripping sexy adventure of a demur librarian who's bold enough to explore the her hidden desires. This love triangle is absolutely hooking and a great start to Kendall Ryan’s new Forbidden Desires series.

Dirty Little Secret centers around Emma Bell, a librarian who’s been secretly lusting after the dangerously handsome, impossible to ignore man in a suit that comes in to the same coffee place she does. They’ve never exchanged words, their eyes haven’t even crossed paths so the day he leav
Geri Reads
Aug 20, 2017 rated it it was ok
2.5 stars!

I requested the ARC for this book because the blurb looked intriguing and interesting only to be underwhelmed with the story and its characters.

Gavin Kingsley is a mysterious man that Emma sees daily in a coffee shop. She develops a crush on him while he seemed to not notice her. Of course, we find out that that's the case at all because Gavin does notice her. He's just good at pretending not to. They were strangers until the day they weren't and the story picks up from there.

Like I
Beatrice ~ Confessions of a Pinay Bookaholic
The story was quite intriguing and suspenseful. The audiobook was narrated by Zachary Webber and Megan Tusing. Both did a good job on the narration but I wish it's narrated by three voice actors so I can distinguish Gavin and Cooper. Also, I wasn't feeling Megan's narration. It's my first time listening to her. I don't know if it's just me, sometimes she's monotone. It ended with a cliffhanger when things got intense about Gavin's darkest secret regarding his past relationship. He has a lot of e ...more
Jacqueline's Reads
Aug 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Dirty Little Secret is different from what Kendall Ryan has been writing lately. I feel like the author is going back to her roots and it’s a nice change. Don’t get me wrong I love her light, fast and fluffy reads, but Dirty Little Secret took me in a different direction. Of course the author still sticks to the heart of her writing style. Dirty Little Secret is a good story between Emma and Gavin.

I don’t want to give you the summary of the book because I read it blindly, but I will say this boo
Olga therebelreader
A really fun romance. I stayed interested throughout, but I wasn't totally addicted. The storyline and characters were nice, but I guess parts could have had more depth. Nevertheless I had a good time reading most of it.

In short:
Hero 3/5 | Heroine 3/5 | Plot (Point, Originality) 3/5 | Writing Style 3/5 | Steam 4/5 | Romance 3/5 | Angst-Suspense 2/5 | Darkness 1/5 | Humor 3/5 | Secondary Characters 3/5 | Drama-Conflict 3/5 | Mystery 0/5 | Twists 2/5 | Pacing Steady | Action 2/5

***ARC kindly prov
Tijuana *Book Twins Reviews*
4.5 Stars

Wow! I love this side of Kendall Ryan! It was all the things! Emotional, sexy, dramatic, and hot as hell. Trust me, you want to get your grabby hands on this one as soon as it releases!

Here’s the breakdown: A lonely librarian develops a secret crush on the businessman she sees in the coffee shop daily. Emma, is the quintessential stereotype of a librarian. She meek, quiet, and submissive. In an attempt to fill an emotional and sexual void in her life, she decides to take make a bold mov
1-Click Addict Support Group
Sep 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What.The.Heck with that ending?!?!

Gavin Kingsley, mysterious, intriguing as right down dirty. Emma Bell, sweet, sexy and an adventurer. They say opposites attract and boy do they!!

Gavin has a mysterious side that I kept trying to figure it out yet I could not. But the more I read the more I realized that I was not going to like what I would discover.

Gavin & Emma's "so called relationship" had me getting whiplash, one moment yes the next no! I wanted to smack Gavin so many times because of
Melanie (mells_view)
Aug 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Gavin Kingsley is a man with secrets. Dirty little secrets. Emma Bell is a reserved librarian fresh off of a terrible relationship. When she sees Gavin Kingsley the obsession begins. Does Gavin see her though?

I really enjoyed this romance. How these two meet is actually very sweet, even though it may come off a bit stalker-y. Haha. Kendall Ryan did a great job making this story a bit unpredictable. A third player is thrown in the mix, to make sort of a triangle. If you don't like triangles I wou
 Sonya ♕Chatterbooks book blog♕

⭐⭐⭐3 Stars ⭐⭐⭐

“Dirty little Secret is a well written story about what happens when you fall a brooding powerful CEO and the consequences of being a part of his world.

Emma Bell is a quiet librarian. Her job is the most important thing to her and everything else comes second and unfortunately that includes her love life. But there’s one thing that seems to brighten her day if only for a moment and that’s getting a glimpse of the sexy suit wearing handsome man that gets his coffee from her regu
Michelle
ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review

d329afd51e1cb53b1733a34ed05d9a

Dirty Little Secret by Kendall Ryan is officially my newest obsession and addiction of 2017!!! Sinful, intoxicating, erotic, and seductive are a few words that can be used to describe this magnetic and consuming read. All I can say, Kendall Ryan has readers like myself going crazy for the Kingsley brothers.

#DLS1

Emma Bell is a meek librarian, who wants to explore her sexuality. And so when she takes a chance and decides to reach out the man that
Shayna
This is the start of something TRULY GREAT!!! Dirty Little Secret is unlike anything I've ever read from Kendall Ryan, and all I can say is, I WANT MORE! It was dirty, seductive, and sexy as hell, and I couldn't, for the life of me, take my eyes away from the pages. Cover to cover, this was a truly provocative treat, an enticing adventure, and an all-around delectable beginning to a HIGHLY SEDUCTIVE tale!

"Do I frighten you?” he asked, amused.

"Of course not,” I lied.

"Good, because you terrif
Karen Mc
Jul 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing

Before I began this story, I had to say...Gasp! My name is Karen and I've never met the Filthy Beautiful Liesseries by Kendall Ryan. Let's put it this way: I've only met Kendall's rom-coms so I really had no idea to expect from this other delicious side of Kendall.

I dove into Dirty Little Secret, a story about as far away from a rom-com as you could get, and relished my dive into dark territory. I closed out my world and opened up the Dirty Little Secret world where I quickly fell captive to wo
Zain Otoom
Dec 01, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dnf
Another fucking DNF. This time though, it’s my slump’s fault. Nothing particular about this book that really really bothered me to not finish it. I’m just bored and I can’t seem to find the right book to read.
Mg ♥ The Bookishmedialite
2.5 Stars!

Ok. Here's the thing. The last book I read by Kendall Ryan wasn't a winner for me, so I wasn't sure if I wanted to read this one. But then...

I started seeing some amazing reviews. And then I read the blurb and got all tingly. I know some people think that the Dom-Billionaire Trope needs to die but I'm not one of them. I love this trope, so after reading the blurb I was expecting that and a little bit more.

Unfortunately, I barely made myself finish it.

The hero wasn't a sexy Dom, he
aNneMarLi - Chatterbooks Book Blog

Gah! Dirty Little Secret made me crave for more Gavin and Emma! Lawd have mercy, but Kendall Ryan slayed this one! I was on the edge with the angst, my reader was so hot and I felt like I was burning inside. I was teased to no end, my throat was so parched, I couldn't quench my thirst and I am starved, I needed more!

There's a reason why I always rooted all things Kendall Ryan. Her works were kind of drug to me. No matter how short it is graced with insta love and insta-lust, I always go back
A. Cook
So, this was okay. Didn't really care for Gavin as a lead because the reader really doesn't get to know him much. Typical alpha male lead with money, good looks and damage in his past. But as you're reading you never really get to know what the "Dirty Little Secret" really is. I expected more of a love triangle or at least the heroine tackling several brothers at once. At least, that's what the story seemed to be leading up (at least at one point). Overall, this is a good start to a series and h ...more
A New York Times, Wall Street Journal, and USA Today bestselling author of more than two dozen titles, Kendall Ryan has sold over 2 million books and her books have been translated into several languages in countries around the world. Her books have also appeared on the New York Times and USA Today bestseller lists more than three dozen times. Ryan has been featured in such publications as USA Tod ...more

Forbidden Desires (4 books)
  • Dirty Little Promise
  • Torrid Little Affair (Forbidden Desires, #3)
  • Tempting Little Tease (Forbidden Desires, #4)
“My brain knew Cooper was the safe choice. But my heart? My heart yearned for Gavin.” 4 likes
“As much as I wanted to force the feelings away, I couldn't do it. This moment ... this woman? It was everything.” 4 likes