Start by marking “Rhett & Link's Book of Mythicality: A Field Guide to Curiosity, Creativity, and Tomfoolery” as Want to Read:

“Internetainers” Rhett & Link met in first grade when their teacher made them miss recess for writing profanity on their desks, and they have been best friends ever since. Today, their daily YouTube talk show, Good Mythical Morning, is the most-watched daily talk show on the Internet, and nearly 12 million subscribers tune in to see the guys broadcast brainy trivia, ...more
Published October 12th 2017 by Little, Brown Book Group (first published October 10th 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Rhett & Link's Book of Mythicality, please sign up.
Kiara Kalmey In my opinion, no. There are a few jokes that probably aren't appropriate for an 8-year-old boy.…moreIn my opinion, no. There are a few jokes that probably aren't appropriate for an 8-year-old boy. (less)
Liz You might or might not. This book is fairly personal because they are basing each chapter on their own life and history. Watching some of their stuff…moreYou might or might not. This book is fairly personal because they are basing each chapter on their own life and history. Watching some of their stuff would give you an idea if you think they are funny (and would also enjoy their book). (less)

Start your review of Rhett & Link's Book of Mythicality: A Field Guide to Curiosity, Creativity, and Tomfoolery
Miranda Reads
Nov 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
description
I'm a long-time fan of their morning show and when I found out they had a book (and were going for a tour!) I was over-the-mother-flippin-moon.

If you haven't already guessed, I loved (LOVED) this book.

Before Rhett and Link were massive creators on Youtube, they began their lives together much like everyone else - in first grade.

Rhett and Link met in grade school while being held in for recess (on account of bad language). They spent the hour coloring mythical animals.

Link wanted a best
Whitney Atkinson
May 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: memoir, read-in-2019

There's nothing wrong with this book, but it took me quite a bit to read because I really wish I'd been able to find it on audio. I LOVE Rhett and Link, so hearing from their perspective was actually really fun and interesting because they're two youtubers who I don't know a ton about beyond their Internet personality. So seeing their backstories and how they grew up and embedding those stories into making viable points about living your best life was actually fun. I thought it was a
lauren ♡ (wonderless reviews)
Shout out to this book and GMM in general for getting me through some of the toughest moments in my life. The past 2 weeks have been awful but being able to lose myself in this book and the show has helped so much!! Will have a full review up once I have more free time and things in my life have calmed down and sorted themselves out.

Thank you Hachette Australia for providing me with a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
Christopher Shawn
Oct 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Rhett and Link are two of the funniest guys you've probably never heard of. They host the daily YouTube show Good Mythical Morning, the podcast Ear Biscuits, have appeared on Jimmy Fallon, and created the viral "NOPE! Chuck Testa!" local taxidermy commercial.

Amidst all the hijinx, there's also a very powerful tale of staying true to yourself, and a heartwarming story of two guys who have been attached at the hip since grade school making it against all odds.

The Book of Mythicality is a cross
Ewe Linka
Nov 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Who doesn't love Rhett & Link?
And if you love Rhett & Link - you will definitely love their Book of Mythicality !
It's a book filled with laughter and curious anecdotes and they hold a special place in my heart as my favourite "internetainers".
TheVampireBookworm
Nov 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
I've been watching GMM for years (and reached a point in which I can't go to sleep during work week without seeing it and I know how weird it is to watch a morning show at night but timezones are real, bro!). Anyway, when Rhett and Link announced they'd be selling a book, I had to have it. Now, the tricky part of this, I believe, is everyone's expectations. We love the show but can the mythicality be translated into paper format? Let's see.
The book is divided into very easily digestible chapters
Heather
Dec 19, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this and I love their shows on YouTube. I am a Mythical beast!

I don’t recommend this for anyone who is unfamiliar with Rhett & Link. I also don’t recommend reading this on a kindle (although I had to because I’m broke and can’t afford to buy the book and my library only had the kindle version available.)

Their book helped me understand their background more, but it was really just like watching one of their GMM episodes.
Grumpus
Feb 20, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: biography
I am a fan of their YouTube channel called Good Mythical Morning. I also listen to their podcast (Ear Biscuits). It is the only podcast I listen to as I would rather use podcast time for book listening. At work however, I cannot multitask where I would work and listen to a book. Listening to a podcast and working is somewhat different. I don't have to necessarily follow a story. It works for me.

Anyway, these are two best friends since first grade that have gone through life together and are now
Aimee
Sep 22, 2018 rated it liked it
I picked this book to read while my daughter was in surgery and I needed something light and funny to keep my mind off of my worries. It is meant to be light-hearted and fun and I enjoyed reading through it. The thing I love the most about Rhett and Link is how they have been best friends since 1st grade. How many people can say that?! So I'd say that they are pretty much pros at knowing how to be a good friend and so if you read between the lines a little you can get a little glimpse into what ...more
Sean
Jan 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed reading this book! I've only been watching Good Mythical Morning for maybe half a year now, but Rhett and Link are two of my favorite entertainers, and I was excited for this book. It's a great insight into the lives and worldviews of the duo, and it inspires a feeling of excitement and curiosity about life. Fans of the show will appreciate the stories about Rhett and Link growing up, and about things they've done to make their lives "Mythical". I thought this book was great, ...more
Cook Memorial Public Library
A 2017 staff favorite recommended by Jocelyn. Check our catalog: https://encore.cooklib.org/iii/encore...

Mehrsa
Oct 18, 2017 rated it it was ok
You have to like them as much as they seem to like themselves in order to like this book. I’m glad they find themselves to be hilarious. Good for them
Cassie (Red Reading Hood)
Funniest book I have ever read in a long time
Anna
Mar 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
About a year and a half ago while looking for something on Youtube I clicked on a completely unrelated video with a catchy title and that video turned out to be an episode of GMM. I think I watched a couple hours worth of episodes that day and although I don't watch everyday (and therefore hesitate to call myself a Mythical Beast) Rhett and Link, and GMM are always a great way for me to unwind and have a chuckle. It is something of a guilty pleasure. This book was a great addition and ...more
Hollybooks
Jan 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: faves
A brilliant book, I watch all the GMM episodes, and believe if I didn’t I wouldn’t really get the humour so I think you have to know who Rhett and Link are to enjoy the book as much as I did. After the long wait for this book I think it was totally worth it, and I think they are both an incredible inspiration to us all.
Korey
Dec 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
I am a big fan of Good Mythical Morning and I think Rhett and Link are charming as hell. I was excited to read this but also slightly concerned their humor wouldn't translate to the written word. I don't think this is as funny as a top notch GMM video but it's definitely a worthwhile read for all mythical beasts out there. Rhett and Link tell a lot of stories about their childhood together, and include plenty of adorably awkward photos. I loved the chapter about them romancing their wives (or ...more
Ryley (Ryley Reads)
I went back and forth as to whether or not I should write a review about this book. I bought it myself, so there wasn't any pressure from publisher, etc. but I have a hard enough time reviewing non-fiction, let alone non-fiction I read by choice, for my own enjoyment. But I decided to write a review about this book, less in a critical sense, and more in an "I read this book for fun" sense, if that makes any sense.

If you are not familiar with Rhett and Link, you need to remedy that immediately.
Tiger
Let me start by saying I've been watching Good Mythical Morning for.. maybe two years before reading this book, so I was quite endeared by the two of them. I originally purchased this book for 3 reasons: the first was because it was a signed copy, the second because I wanted to know their secrets to building a strong friendship, and third because I was hoping that, somehow, their words could help me learn to better deal with my anxiety and depression.

I learned a lot about them that I didn't know
C.P. Cabaniss
Jan 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: nonfiction
Probably in the 3.5 star range.

Rhett and Link have a show on YouTube called Good Mythical Morning, as well as other podcasts and things. I have never watched anything of Rhett and Links. Really, I don't think I have even seen their Red House Furniture commercial, which went viral several years ago. My brother was a little obsessed with it for a while, so I don't know how I avoided it, but I'm pretty sure I did.

One of my sisters has recently started watching and listening to Rhett and Link and
Chris
Jul 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
Rhett and Link are YouTube Stars. I'm a bit out of the loop, as I thought they were fringe internet personalities, but when I told my friends I was reading this book they assured me that they were genuine celebrities.

I don't watch their YouTube channel, though I've stumbled on it a number of times (especially in my undergrad days), and so going into this book I didn't really know much of their lingo, inside jokes, and what their daily show is about. I'm definitely not the target audience - but
Remy Martin
May 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Rhett and Link's Book of Mythicality is exactly what you would expect from the internetainers (internet entertainers), Rhett and Link. It is amazing. This book is all about how you can live your life with Mythicality. This word made up by the hilarious personalities mean "the quality or state of being that embodies a synergistic coalescence of curiosity, creativity and tomfoolery, ideally experienced in the context of friendship and intended to bring goodwill to the universe." They explain how ...more
Kennedy (mybookishbeing)
I don't normally, if ever pick up non-fiction books, but I've been following Rhett and Link on GMM for about 2 years now and thought I'd give their book a shot seen as though I'm a fan of their show (and because I was gifted the book for Christmas).

I'm going to be honest and say that I was worried going in that it would be mostly just be background information on their friendship and life leading up to the production of Good Mythical Morning, but I was pleasantly surprised to find that while it
Shannon
Feb 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018
While not a long time subscriber to their Internetainment, I have been watching Rhett and Link on Good Mythical Morning for at least a year now. They post funny and entertainingdaily videos that are a great way to start any day. It turns out that my brother also watches this show (we rarely have anything in common), and so when I saw he had the book I had to borrow it.

Check out my full review on my blog For the Love of Words.
Caroline B.
Nov 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The main reason I gave this book 5 stars is because it is one of the only books I can read a billion times and not get bored with because of the funny stories the authors told about their childhood. I also gave this book 5 stars because the authors make my favorite YouTube show Good Mythical Morning.
I recommend this book to anyone who enjoys watching their show on YouTube because the book tells you how they make the show, funny stories from Rhett and Link's childhood, and more.
Delaney
Feb 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely love this book. I will definitely be rereading this at some point. This book made me feel nostalgic for the days when my friends and I would do the sort of weird, fun, goofy, ridiculous stuff that this book encourages it's readers to go out and do. It poked at the sleeping bear of creativity and now I just want to go out and do something. If you are a creative, or someone who likes to stumble away from the ordinary, or a human at all, read this book.
Rachel
Nov 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I'd been waiting for this book for almost three years now and it lived up to its expectations (for the most part). There were some really hilarious parts (although a good majority of the stories I had heard already on Good Mythical Morning episodes, but they were fun to relive all the same) and amazing pictures. A great job well done and I await another book just as eagerly!
Mitchell
Jul 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book was funny, aesthetically pleasing, and pleasantly more autobiographical than I expected when I first picked it up. A simple mission statement gives Rhett and Link the opportunity to share humorous and meaningful stories from their pasts, and to try and inspire others to be more mythical.
Marilee
Nov 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
If you enjoy Good Mythical Morning or Rhett and Link's songs, then this book is for you. My son is a fan, so I thought I'd pick this up. It goes into the story of their friendship (since first grade!) and tells the story behind a few of their shenanigans on their show. These guys are so funny.
Hope
Oct 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A great book from my fav people
Tasha
Sep 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
GMM is my current obsession, so I may be biased right now, but this book made laugh multiple times, and tear up at least twice.
rhett and link book of mythicality 1 6 Feb 07, 2018 09:33PM

• The Hidden Power of F*cking Up
  • Midnight Son
  • Ripley's Believe It or Not
  • Camp Red Moon
  • Angel Nest
  • It’s My Party (Middang3ard)
  • Run, Kat, Run and Encantado Dreams
  • Queen of Wands (Special Circumstances, #2)
  • Hell
  • The Dream Rider (The Dream Rider #1)
  • The New 52: Futures End #0
  • This Land Is Their Land: The Wampanoag Indians, Plymouth Colony, and the Troubled History of Thanksgiving
  • Donkey Gospel
  • Saint Young Men 01
  • The Ruins of Evermore: The TimeLight Awakenings (#1&2)
  • How Chefs Holiday
  • Late To The Party (Middang3ard Book 2)
  • The Show Won't Go On: The Most Shocking, Bizarre, and Historic Deaths of Performers Onstage
Rhett McLaughlin and Link Neal, raised in North Carolina and best friends since the first grade, are a comedy duo known for creating the Internet’s most-watched daily talk show, Good Mythical Morning; their award-winning weekly podcast Ear Biscuits; and the instant #1 New York Times bestseller Rhett & Link’s Book of Mythicality. They share an office at Mythical Entertainment, the company they ...more
“Even if he’s wrong, he’ll probably get a free potato.” 14 likes