Start by marking “Quills and Daggers (The Collective Season #1, Episode #5)” as Want to Read:
Quills and Daggers (The Collective Season #1, Episode #5)

Quills and Daggers (The Collective #1.5)

4.75  ·  Rating details ·  32 Ratings  ·  26 Reviews
Dead bodies are bad for business. At least that’s what Ivory thinks when a murder takes place a few blocks away from The Motor Quill tattoo parlor. Inking San Francisco’s finest and hanging out with his older, special needs brother, is a routine he’s grown accustomed to. No need to fix something that ain’t broken.

Breaking things is what Nikki is best at. When she walks ba
Published May 30th 2017 by Erotic Mayberry Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Quills and Daggers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Quills and Daggers

Chasing The Words  Book Blog
May 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Holy crap...Chris Genovese I don't know whether to love you or hate you right now. My mind is simply blown the "f" away.

I thought I was left speechless with the other 4 books but Chris you have literally left me without words. When it can't get any better your mind is blown even more. I just can't. When I read the last sentence of the last chapter I almost screamed - that would have been bad since it was 3:30am and everyone in my house was sleeping but me. Just WOW!

In Episode 5 of The Collectiv
Anna Pulla
May 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
OMG what can I say or where do I start...Quills and Daggers, not what I was expecting in a very good way. We meet James (Ivory), Kevin and Nikki, they were living in the same foster home growing up until Nikki ran away.

Fate has their lives intwined again as adults, with some unanswered questions. It's would seem James and Nikki are into each other but their timing is never right. We are reintroduced to Reid, Ava, Laura, the whistler and pumpkin pie!

There were a few times I actually yelled at th
Beth
Title: Quills and Daggers: A Second Chance at Love
Series: The Collective – Season 1, Episode 5
Author: Chris Genovese
Genre: Romantic Suspense
Publication Date: May 30, 2017

Cliff Hanger: Yes

Note: Each episode weaves the characters and storylines of ten standalone novels together to give you an epic crossover series.

4 Stars
*This story is for mature audiences only. Contains explicit scenes and language intended for adults 18+

The Collective
We’ve set the stage, created the characters, and fashioned a w
Danielle Urban
Jun 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Quills and Daggers by Chris Genovese is a well-written romantic suspense collection. This writer has gone beyond in creating a super addictive plot line for readers like myself to enjoy. The characters are three-dimensional. Their lives are complicated and messy. Realistically told. Engaging to read from the first page to the last. I haven't read the previous books in this series but I definitely will after having read this one.
JustCin
May 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book is AMAZING!! True to the Collective thus far, this book is perfection! James (Ivory) and Nikki are complicated and beautiful – and sexy as hell! Full of twists and turns, this one leaves you on the edge of your seat! Fantastic writing – the characters are well developed and written in such a way that you have no idea if you have misjudged them or not! What a talent to be able to take a character I hate and make me love them or vice versa. The storyline is amazing. Chris does a great jo ...more
Leah
Jun 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow all i can say is WOW¡

Every story in the co!!ective gets better and better. Chris Genovese has just kicked it over the top with his story. As excited as I am to read part 2 of each story I will be anxiously awaiting part 2 of this story! You do not want to muss any of these amazing stories. I wish I could give more than 5 stars¡
Katie Sadan
Quills and Daggers

The Whistler!!!

This is the fifth book in the collective series. I absolutely loved this book, in fact I loved this book so much that I sat and read it straight through. In this book we're introduced to James or Ivory as he's now known and his brother Kevin, Ivory has always taken care of Kevin. We also meet Nikki who's constantly running. When Nikki runs right into Ivory will he be enough to keep her from running again. And when the killer sets his sights on Nikki will Ivory b
A.D. Herrick
Aaahhhhhhhhhh!!!!

Are you freaking kidding me?!?!?!? I'm dying here. I'm absolutely dying!! I think I know who it is but how will I ever be for certain when you leave me hanging like that?!?!

I was so sure that I would finally learn the truth only to be left hanging.

Such an amazing series! I cannot wait for the next installment!!! I still have so many questions that need answers!!

Christie Marsh
May 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This series is so amazing, each author has given it their own special twist and Chris Genovese has out done himself. His ability to intertwine all of his characters and not only continue the Collective Series as a whole, but tell a separate story of sexy with a horror type movie twist. It will have you guessing and gasping for that next scene to take place. If you haven't started this series you are missing out, one of the best set of authors and interaction of each episode ever told.
Nicole Panepinto violino
May 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved loved LOVED this book ... Everything about James and Nikki speaks to me from their quirkiness to their hotness.. the fact that she is strong, sweet and broken... that James comes off as sweet kind and badass.. their history, friendship and all those tattoos.. the sex --- get ready to change your panties... this book was amazing bring on the next chapter ... one big spoiler the ending OH MY EFFING GOODNESS I screamed and almost threw my kindle ... not telling what happened you HAVE TO BUY ...more
Chrissi
May 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
You know that feeling when you start a book, and you just sense that it's going to be a book that you won't be able to put down?? Well...this is one of those!!
James, now known as Ivory, has had a rough past. He has spent most of his life looking out for his special needs brother Kevin. When someone from his past walks back into his life, it kicks off a chain of events that will leave no one unscathed.
Nikki has spent her life running, something she has become an expert at. But when she walks int
Cindy Murray
May 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
#5 in the collective series, and I'm so drawn into how this story is unfolding, For those who have read any of the books so far, after this one you won't look at a fedora hat again with thinking of someone whistling. I didn't want this book to end....wait what...no no no...come back
Janice Kidd
May 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The story is full of twists and turns from the beginning to the end. Nikki walks back into Ivory's life, however, they are both hiding things from their past. Songs, murders, and of course the fedora leave questions that need to be answered. Do they get answered in this book? Read it to find out. You will not be disappointed. It is wonderfully written.

A great read!!
M L Dyson
May 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
I loved this book!! In fact I love this whole series. The stories are all woven together but you have to find the clues to figure it out and I am 5 books in and I am completely engrossed in this story!! I need answers people!!! This book is full of so many twists and turns you won't be able to put it down!! Just how are all the characters intertwined in this series? If you think you know you would be wrong!! This is the story of Ivory and Nikki. Their story is one of a heartbreaking beginning bu ...more
Kylie
May 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book is an amazing conclusion to Season 1 of The Collective!

I am so excited for season 2 to launch and find out all the details!!

I'll have a full review of each book up once Chris's is released.
Melanie Allen
Jun 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Received this book an ARC for an honest review.
Wow just wow where to start this is the fifth book in the collective series wher we meet Nikki, James (Ivory) and his brother Kevin they were all in the same foster home for a while and grew close together where they only trusted each other but when Nikki ran away they never saw each other for a while. When Nikki finally comes to San Francisco she ends up at Ivory's tattoo shop wanting to rent space, but then all here feels start to get mixed up ag
Kcduchess
Jun 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Holy shit! Quills and Daggers is the first book of Chris Genovese's that s I've ever read. I loved it! Amazing story!

The fifth episode in The Collective - series is fast paced, sexy, violent... the characters are intriguing, and I enjoyed their backstories. Well, in all honesty, I loved the whole book and devoured it in one night.

Ivory has a tattoo shop with his brother Kevin, and after a rough past, he has finally found his place in life. And then one day, a girl that he used to know, shows up.
Chriss
Jun 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
And that's how you leave the reader hanging!!!
Quills and Daggers introduces us to Nikki, James/Ivory and Kevin. They have a history together from when they were younger and we find the trio back together as Nikki finds herself having to deal with her feelings for James and the unwanted attentions of a creepy caller. Throw in a damsel in distress and the similarities between one of the main characters and the murderer and you have a whole pot of 'what the?' going on. The story flows well and is
Book-Lovin-Momma
Jun 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Quills and Daggers is part of a serial, and it just had me from the first page, what a fantastic read. I'd already read the first book of the Collective series, but this one was amazing. So many twists and turns, and you think you know what's going on, until it takes yet another turn. The scenes are well paced, and the characters are complex yet you feel like you get to know them. Ivory, Nikki, Valerie, and Kevin are the main characters here, and you can't help but feel like you're part of it al ...more
Missy Harton
Jun 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
"My n...n...name is S...Simon,"

Ooh...I have chills! Do we finally know who the 'whistler' is? If you haven't started The Collective from the beginning, you're missing out!! All of the characters from each book in the series are tied in together. Quills & Daggers introduces us to Nikki and James (now known as Ivory); their history, their reconnection, and the issues that face them with a serial killer on the lose.
This episode is packed with emotion, humor, and panic. You are guaranteed to fe
Tania Jabbour Varela
Jul 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Quills and Daggers - A Second Chance at Love Romance: The Collective - Season 1, Episode 5

Quills and Daggers is my favorite read in the series so far!!!
Ivory AKA James and Nikki's story is perfect. We also meet Ivory's brother Kevin who has a stutter.
We learn more of their upbringing and how their past lead them to where they are today.
We also get more on the murders that keep happening and the whilster
"Ring around the rosy, pocket full of posy, ashes…ashes…we all fall down."
This book is full
Laura Batton
Jul 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is my first book I have read by Chris. This is the next adventure in this season. This one is with James aka Ivory, Nikki and Kevin. You see into their past and learn more of who the killer could be. I don't think I have loved such a series full of mystery before. It really is just like you are watching a movie or tv show and you get completely hooked into it waiting for the next episode. This series of books are full of great authors who I believe put their blood sweat and tears into this ...more
Tam
Jun 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed this offering from The Collective. I'm a big fan of "second chance love", and I have a soft spot for special needs children, so this story warmed my heart while keeping my attention with a good plot, fascinating characters and plenty of suspense. Can't wait for part 2!

*I received a complimentary ARC of this book in order to read and provide a voluntary, unbiased and honest review, should I choose to do so.
Stacy Stewart
Jun 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Now how can I describe this book? UNFREAKINGBELIEVABLE and MINDBLOWING!

I have read the previous four books and I had my mind made up at whom the killer was. Now I have more questions and that ending. OMG

But my favorite parts of the book was getting to know Ivory (James) and Nikki's background and history. It helped me understand their love for one another.

Chris Genovese you are a rock star and an amazing author. Now I must wait for the next book.....
April
Jul 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another amazing book in The Collective series! This story gives us a few more pieces of the puzzles while totally blowing you away. It is full of twists and turns, emotion and I love the characters. I can't wait for the next book!
❤️LuvnLivnInCA❤️
Sherry  Morris
Jun 03, 2017
Stacey
Jul 14, 2017

The Collective (10 books)
  • Unbroken Part One (The Collective Season #1, Episode #1)
  • Iron Claw MC Part 1 (The Collective Season #1, Episode #2)
  • Learning to Breathe Part One (The Collective Season #1, Episode #3)
  • Shadow & Flame Part One (The Collective Season #1, Episode #4)
  • Unbroken Part Two (The Collective Season #1, Episode #6)
  • Iron Claw MC Part 2 (The Collective-Season #1 Episode #7)
  • Becoming His, Learning to Breathe: Part Two (The Collective Season #1 Episode #8)
  • Shadow & Flame Part Two (The Collective Season #1 Episode #9)
  • We All Fall Down,  Quills and Daggers Part Two (The Collective Season #1, Episode #10)