Start by marking “The Duke's Return and the Lady's Rebuttal” as Want to Read:
The Duke's Return and the Lady's Rebuttal

The Duke's Return and the Lady's Rebuttal

Juliet will lose her home on the death of her father. The Duke of Millington will lose everything unless he marries. Both will only marry for Love.

Benedict Astor, the Duke of Millington has returned from 6 years of war only to find his father dead and his title and land soon to be given to another. He has but a few months to find a wife if he wishes to keep his home and
Kindle Edition
Published April 22nd 2017 by Fair Havens Books Regency Romance

To ask other readers questions about The Duke's Return and the Lady's Rebuttal, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Duke's Return and the Lady's Rebuttal

Start your review of The Duke's Return and the Lady's Rebuttal
April
Regency romance: The Duke's Return and the Lady's Rebuttal: Sweet and Inspirational Historical Romance by Charlotte Darcy. A quick clean read. The characters were a bit predictable, but manage to pull off an interesting read. The plot flowed evenly, but at times I felt it was a bit slow, however, it does pick up nicely.

This was an interesting read. For some reason, at the beginning, I didn't seem to connect to Aster and Juliet, not sure why. I kept reading and they grew on me.
I found about half
Virginia Tican
Aug 30, 2018 rated it liked it
A bit Dickensian. What with dowerless and about to be homeless Juliet Morgan behaving so contentiously with the Duke (in~dire~need~of~a~wife) of Millington and here I thought great old houses like the Morgans take care of their poor relations as "noblesse oblige" and so as not to bring down society's censure on their illustrious name. Also, there is something sinister about Caspian Morgan, like he is an impostor basically by his lack of breeding and decorum (obviously not to the manner born ...more
Pam
Mar 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Duke returns from the war to bevtold he must be married to keep his title and all of his inheritance. The Ladys father dies and she can no longer stay in her home. The attorney tries to arrange a marriage between the Duke and the Lady to solve their problems. Add to the mix 2 relatives who each are causing great problems.
This is the first book in the Srason of Love set and is a delightful clean book.
Erica J. Fields
Jul 22, 2017 rated it did not like it
Don't waste your time or money

If I could give this book negative stars I would. The plot was thin and predictable. The main characters fell in love with each other after meeting three times. The author or editor knew no other phrases other than "My dear_________" and "In truth....". Every other paragraph started with one of those two phrases. Had I paid money for this sorry excuse for a book, I'd have been fuming.
Shawneequa Sims
Nov 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a book

I really enjoyed this book. Juliet, who can't see what's in front of her nose and Benedict, who loves her. Let's not leave out Juliet's evil buffoon of a cousin, Caspian Morgan - a most despicable character. The story keeps you riveted to see whom marries whom. You are absolutely going to cheer Mrs. Forbes who's lovable and steadfast. Kudos to Charlotte Darcy.
Courtney
Dec 14, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2019
Okay

I don't know if it's just because I had such a connection to a previously read book, or if I just am not in the mood for a novel such as this one- but I did not feel the pull to this novel that I normally do when I am reading a new novel. I will definitely have to try again later.
Delbora Dixon-Green
May 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A Great Story

How unfair to women the old ways were, it was a shame a woman could lose her father and home at the same time. This is what happened to our heroine. We have a Duke who is to lose his title and home because his father failed to trust him. Will these two form a family to help each other? Read this story and find out its not whats expected.
Louiseann Walter
Jun 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
GREAT READ!

This was a truly AMUSING account of how greedy and singlemindedness can botch a perfectly good plan. The lawyer knew both people and they should have known he was not out to match them for anything except that they were right for each other.
Lillian Huffman
Sep 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another Great Book!

Even when it looks like all is lost just hang on a little while and keep reading you won't be disappointed. I got to that point and then I remembered that this author always solves the book in a happy way. I read all of her books I can.
Denise McLean
Aug 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Endearing

Another good story. This author tells a powerful story in a very shirt setting. Her stories are very good but I am finished reading despite just starting. I'm quite satisfied upon completing the book and looking forward to the next story
Tom Prejsner
Dec 24, 2017 rated it really liked it

Loved the book. Would read them all day long. Thank you very much for these books you have write.Thank you
Severt A Anderson
Jul 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
Good recency romance

Charlotte Darcy has done her usual good job of writing bodice ripper. The characters are believable and keep with the period.
Beri Davidson
Jul 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Enjoyed!!!

It was so sad when the cousin slap her face. I loved the ending!!! I can't wait to read another book!!!
Barbara O'Keefe
Bonnie Fields
Aug 12, 2017
Jack Washburn
Dec 13, 2018
my lady theif by emily lskin
Jul 16, 2017
Sep 18, 2017
Verginia
May 26, 2017
Gillian Haydon
rated it did not like it
Jan 27, 2018
Constance W Fox
Jun 12, 2017
⭐Richelle
Sep 04, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• A Bride for the Betrayed Earl
  • The Lost Lord of Castle Black (The Lost Lords Book 1)
  • A Governess for the Brooding Duke
  • A Lady for the Brazen Earl
  • The Governess Who Stole My Heart
  • The Duke Suggests a Scandal (Redeeming the Rakes, #1)
  • Emma and the Earl (Bluestocking Brides, #3)
  • Amelia and the Viscount (Bluestocking Brides, #1)
  • The Lady and the Duke
  • Lady Lands the Lord (The Abbey Brothers)
  • The Mysterious Miss Flint (Lost Ladies of London, #1)
  • Loving a Noble Gentleman
  • Catherine and the Marquis (Bluestocking Brides #4)
  • How to Design a Duke (Wardington Park, #9)
  • Julia and the Duke (Bluestocking Brides, #2)
  • Lady Catherine & the Black Sheep Duke
  • Kind Ella and the Charming Duke
  • Lady Lures The Earl (The Abbey Brothers)
Charlotte Darcy lives in Derbyshire, England. She writes historical romance and the Regency era.

News & Interviews