Start by marking “The Fixer (Professionals, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Fixer (Professionals, #1)

The Fixer

(Professionals #1)

AVEN-

There are a few things I don’t believe in. Like santa. An honest politician. And gut instincts.
That was, of course, until I woke up with one.
And I knew.
This was the day I was going to die.
The cops, thus far, have proven useless and uninterested in my issues. When you couldn’t get help from legal channels, what other choice did you have but to look elsewhere?
That wa
Published December 7th 2017

To ask other readers questions about The Fixer, please sign up.
Jessica Gadziala While this series does take place in Navesink Bank, it is a completely new cast of characters. The fixer firm itself was mentioned in Laz's book, but…moreWhile this series does take place in Navesink Bank, it is a completely new cast of characters. The fixer firm itself was mentioned in Laz's book, but nothing else has been known about it :) (less)

EMILY
Apr 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I see a book in my queue (even without a blurb) written by the talented Jessica Gadziala and I click "want to read." SIMPLE. AS. THAT.

Update 11/13/2017: That cover. That blurb. Soon it will be on my kindle where it belongs.

DISCLAIMER TO MY FELLOW GOODREADER
This review is my personal opinion and may contain: spoilers, quotes, rants and swearing.

29 year old Aven Armstrong has a problem. A stranger has taken an unhealthy interest in her and turned into a full blown stalker. The Navesink Bank Police
Jessica Gadziala
Dec 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: romance
Sabrina
Dec 14, 2017 rated it liked it
NOW LIVE!
Amazon US * Amazon UK

Dianne
Where do you turn when even the police no longer seem to care if you have a stalker, because he is just too smart for them? Aven is terrified for her life. The man in the shadows keeps finding her, taunting her and he is getting closer, too close and she knows she is going to die.

In desperation, she calls a firm in town that “fixes” things. Apparently even they do not feel things are “broken” enough for them and then it happened. Her stalker made his move, vile disgusting and deadly. If not for
Nikki ღ Navareus

***FIVE STARS***

Wow, what a story! This one sucked me in from the very first page, and kept on pulling me through to the very end. I'm totally digging these darker waters JG has been taking her characters into in her past few stories. This one had a bit of everything in it: action, mystery, suspense, freakishness, and (my fave) romance.

I loved the slow burn of Quin's and Aven's magnetic draw to each other, and I enjoyed the distance Quin tried to keep between them, and the doubts and insecuriti
Anahita
Dec 15, 2017 rated it really liked it

The story was fascinating. It had good and bad moments, funny and great characters and the slow burn romance.
It was a really enjoyable read.
Kiki
If I’m being honest it’s a 2.5 star rounded up.
What I expect from JG heroes is a overpowering protective instinct. This hero failed to deliver.
He didn’t seem like the kind to jump in front of a moving car to save heroine, he seems more like the kind who’d fuss that it’d mess his hairstyle or chip a nail.
He WOULD take great care of the heroine after she’s hit by the car or saved being hit by the car by Gunner. But well ... that’s where it fails to impress me.

What pisses me off the most was the en
Corina☞BookTwinsReviews
Jan 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: bodyguard, slow-burn
The Fixer has been my first book by Jessica Gadziala, and it must have been someone’s rec. I wish I could remember where I got it from, but all I can say is I’m hooked! So thank you to whoever had it covered in a best of list or featured as a 5 star rec – it made me pick it up and I’m so happy I did.

Unique and captivating

This novel, but especially the plot were unique and utterly captivating. I have DNFed up to 15 books in the last week alone. Nothing holds my attention. I’m quick to get bored,
Snow
Dec 19, 2017 rated it really liked it

I love Jessica Gadziala's books, I still need to re-discover her MC Henchmen series, since I actually battle an inner war concerning this particulat trope but I m willing to give everything a try and sometimes even a second chance...lol

But back to this book...

The storyline was intiguing...

A woman stalked and scared by a mentally disturbed man...and there s no help from the legal side of the fence, as she cant prove of any malice actually done to her...

She seeks help from a 'fixer' Quinton Baird
Samira
May 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorite
I loved it. I read a lot of books from JG but this one was my favorite.
Story line, drama, characters,... everything was perfect.
I'm excited for the 2nd book because I loved broody-big-always hungry-tattooed Gunner in this one! :D
boogenhagen
I love JG's Navesink Bank, but I would never want to live there. I like a nice placid, unadventurous life really. I don't have to worry about it tho, cause JG just keeps writing stories about the place and I keep reading and re-reading them, getting a vicarious thrill before I go back to posting internet cat pictures.

This one introduces some new characters outside of the normal NB groups and Aven the h was AWESOME. This woman was in no way shape or form TSTL and I can only applaud her actions t
Bunny
Dec 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. Sexy Quin and beautiful Aven (even her name is beautiful).
A book of craziness and love all wrapped in a sexy book. What an amazing ride!
Brittany Taylor
Dec 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I wanted to cry when I finished this book. I read 3-4 books a week but this one made me drop everything else and was just one of those books that captivates you from the start. I really loved Aven and Quin. Their story is realistic, passionate, and loving. I've been reading JG books for a while now and I consume every word she writes, but this one was a level above the rest.

The Fixer is a new standalone novel, although it is based in the "universe" of Navesink Bank. Quin is the fixer and Aven n
Alex ♈
Jul 23, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: safe

A good book. Safe.
MCs were ok. Damsel in distress, but a decent one.
I missed romance a bit, MCs’ connection wasn’t very good developed, IMO of course.
Nevertheless a fine read.
Chris  C - A Midlife Wife
Loved this one. Unique, hella crazy and hot
Cheryl Norris
Dec 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Here’s hoping this book turns into a series because not only was the main couple fantastic, all the supporting characters had me wanting to know their stories and what made them tick.

After the worst night of her life, Aven meets Quin when he shows up to “fix” her situation (hence the title The Fixer). What should be a normal situation for Quin, has him reaching for more, wanting to check in on Aven, talk to her. While trying to fix things for Aven, another situation comes up that forces him to
Cindy ~
Dec 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
What a perfect gift right before Christmas.. A new series from an author I love.. Set in her Navesink Bank world she introduces us to The Fixers, a group of professionals that fix complicated problems for people. The company and team is run by Quinton Baird whose story is the introduction to the series.

The Fixers are comprised of 6 men and one woman who are all kick ass and each has a specialty they bring to the table. This was another start to a great series that combines action/suspense with
Sara
Dec 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
DOLLS!!!!! Y'all are in for ride with this new series!
We start off with our leading lady Aven (love that name) who is having some serious trouble. She tries to get help but nobody can do anything so she decides she will have to take matters into her own hands which she does. Now enter Quinn. Oh Quinn you sexy beast you were everything I was hoping for! Quinn is a "fixer" & he employees a few other people (new characters 😃) that have different skills that help people fix their problems. Righ
~ Cariad ~
May 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

I really enjoyed getting back to Navesink Bank. I'd love for more stories from Quin's team.
Elisa Griffin
Dec 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
If you loved 14 weeks, 367 days or Jessica's Dark series you are really going to love the Fixer! Jessica is on-point with this one. The Fixer is a firm that fixes problems that sometimes people need help with as a last resort when even the law can no longer help them. Aven has a problem, which is not something Quin and his team can help her with, until her problem gets worse. Then it is up to Quin, Finn, Gunner and Kai to help put Aven's life back to a somewhat normal. Quin is quite the gentlema ...more
Dora Koutsoukou
Nov 27, 2018 rated it liked it
3,5 🌟s
Jacqueline's Reads
Dec 04, 2018 rated it liked it
4 stars for 1st half / 3 stars for 2nd half

I’m not sure where I went wrong on this. Everyone loved this and I was excited to start a new series. The book started out strong for me, but it fell flat in the end.

Someone is stalking Aven and she needs help. I liked the way the book started. I felt like it was really fast pace and I love me a good damsel in distress storyline. At first I thought the stalker was the Hero, but it’s not that kind of book.

Quin is the fixer. He comes in and cleans up pe
Shoshanna
Dec 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Yes! Yes! Yes! Ladies I hope the rest of you love this book as much as I do! A whole new series! I LOVE both Aven and Quin! They are strong, honest and are great for each other! I seriously fell in love with everyone else too. I highly suggest this book! I really evnjoyed the development of their relationship and how there weren't many misunderstandings. Please please tell me we have more of this bunch coming our way!!
Paula
Dec 06, 2017 rated it liked it
I kept thinking of Olivia Pope throughout the book and I had to keep reminding me that he was a guy and definitely not Olivia.
Skip
Dec 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Aven is worried. For months, she has had a stalker, a creepy guy taking photos of her, leaving notes, and now it's escalated to the point where he is jerking off outside her house and worse. The cops in Navesink Bank are pretty much useless. She gets a pitbull from the pound, who barks like a nutjob but doesn't actually seem to like her. In desperation, she calls the new "fixer" firm in town, but they tell her that generally, stalker situations are not their specialty, though they will leave a m ...more
Jill
Dec 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved it!!! Hopefully a whole new series happens with all the wonderful characters introduced in this book!!!
Christen
I really hope this is a start to another series by Jessica Gadziala! As always... intriguing characters, smooth writing, and delicious romance! I can't seem to get enough of this author's storytelling!
Coco.V
Apr 06, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebies
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (4/6/2019)! 🎁

Blurb:
AVEN-

There are a few things I don’t believe in. Like Santa. An honest politician. And gut instincts.
That was, of course, until I woke up with one.
And I knew.
This was the day I was going to die.

That was how I came across Quinton Baird.
A “fixer.”
Whatever the hell that was.
All I
Krystyn
Dec 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A great new addition to the NaveSink Bank world!

We get to finally meet the fixer firm that popped up an had everyone wondering about and they are an amazing group of people. They are so diverse and bring such new personalities.

Aven a sweet girl who wanted a new beginning in a new place and ended up with a stalker. She tries to do anything she can to get help and it seems no one is willing to including the NBPD.

Quin is the boss of the fixer firm and a very busy man. Quinn ends up jumping in to
Kristen
This is my new favorite series, I have read all that are out now and I have to say, I love this world that Gadziala has created.

The Fixer follows Aven who is put in a horrible situation after a stalker of hers goes too far and she is scared for her life, it causes her to take drastic measures. She then calls in Quin Baird and Associates to handle what they do best, fix situations that need to be kept out of normal legal channels. When Quin meets Aven she is desperate for help, he feels a pull to
  • Vengeful Love (Vengeful Love, #1)
  • Silver Moon: The Complete Saga
  • Dark Shadows: Wolf Moon Rising
  • Covert Assignment (Covert #1)
  • Reckless (Alpha Bodyguard, #3)
  • Risky
  • Wanted: One Ghost (The Crossroads of Kings Mill #1)
  • Loyalty (John + Siena #1)
  • Bare Knuckle (Vegas Top Guns Book 5)
  • A Dead Man's Pulse (Trident Security Omega Team, #1)
  • Buried Flames (Surviving Ashes, #3)
  • Whatever Remains
  • Her Perfect Game (Hot & Nerdy, #2)
  • Sweet-Loving Cowboy (Kinky Spurs, #2)
  • Roughneck
  • Back in Black (Bad Billionaires, #4)
  • Sexy Beast
  • Scarred, Part 4 (Scarred, #4)
Jessica Gadziala is a full-time writer, parrot enthusiast, and coffee drinker. She enjoys short rides to the book store, sad songs, coffee in Big Gulp-sized cups, and cold weather, and has recently developed an unhealthy obsession with acquiring houseplants. She lives in New Jersey with seven parrots and six dogs.

She is a big believer in snark, strong secondary characters, and bada$$ women.

She is

Professionals (4 books)
  • The Ghost (Professionals, #2)
  • The Messenger (Professionals #3)
  • The General (Professionals, #4)