Start by marking “Make Me a Match (Soul Mate Tree #5)” as Want to Read:
Make Me a Match (Soul Mate Tree #5)

Make Me a Match

(Soul Mate Tree #5)

Widower Mark Cage needs help getting a date with a cute kindergarten teacher, only the last person on earth he’d ask is Athena Sullivan, Essence’s resident dating guru. Yet, Mark doesn’t have much of an option when his teenage daughter forces his hand and purchases a matchmaking package for him with the sexy relationship coach.

Sparks fly as Athena polishes Mark’s manners
Published May 17th 2017 by Soul Mate Publishing, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Make Me a Match, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Make Me a Match

Start your review of Make Me a Match (Soul Mate Tree #5)
Dawn West
Aug 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
The Romance Review

**Disclaimer: I received a complimentary copy of this book.**

The one you want might not be the one you need.

When Mark spots a sweet and innocent-looking woman in his friend's spa, he can't help but want to break his dating fast and ask her out. Even though his friends think she's a terrible match for him, he sets out to prove them wrong. He isn't looking for love again anyway, just someone to keep him company when his teen daughter leaves for college.

But when Mark is forced to enlist the help
Amy
Feb 27, 2018 added it
DNF
Ally Swanson
Jul 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book was such a fun, enjoyable, quick read that was hard to put down!

This book is about widower Mark Cage and his not so lucky life in the romance department. However, all that is about to change when Mark’s teenage daughter, who is about to leave for college is worried about leaving her dad all alone. So, in an attempt to find him a love interest, she purchases a matchmaking package with sexy relationship guru, Athena Sullivan. Little does she know that Athena is the last person her dad
E.
Jun 03, 2018 rated it really liked it

"Make Me a Match" by Mackenzie Lucas is part of the ‘Soul Mate Tree’ series and spotlights widower Mark Cage whose college-bound daughter is concerned about leaving alone when she leaves to pursue her degree. His interest in a sweet-looking lady is atypical as well as frowned upon by both his best friend and the new relationship coach on the island, Athena Sullivan, but Mark is determined to court the woman who’s caught his attention. Intervention by two surprising entities make him
Amy Shelton
Jun 03, 2018 rated it it was ok
Make Me a Match by Mackenzie Lucas

2.5 / 5 Below Average

Independent reviewer for Archaeolibraian – I Dig Good Books

I tried. I tried really hard to like this book. The idea of the story was cute, unfortunately, it just didn’t do it for me.

The characters weren’t incredible. They didn’t grab me and make me want to like them. They seemed a bit under developed. Their relationships didn’t seem genuine.

The story line dragged. It had spots where I was hopeful where the story started to pick up. Every
Laurie
Jun 18, 2018 rated it really liked it

This is a very fast paced, mildly paranormal romance that was easy to read. I never was able to like or relate to either of the protagonists very much. Mark Gage is a jerk and drinks too much. He lost his beloved wife a decade earlier which is supposed to excuse his rude, obnoxious behavior. His daughter wants him to find love and companionship since she will soon be leaving for college.

Athena is an uncommonly beautiful and alluring relationship coach. Mark's Daughter hires Athena to
Annette
Dec 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
You can't always judge a book by its cover. Mark does the typical man thing and judges Althena after his first glance of her, before even getting to know her name.... He is hilarious in his thinking as his friends & the mate matching tree try to led him in the right direction. His love for his deceased wife & dedication to his daughter is admirable though but he is set in his ways and doesn't even realize that he is giving off a not so good vibe to the opposite sex. Althena is very ...more
Kelly
Dec 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
With a little persuasion from his teenage daughter, a visit from his deceased wife’s spirit and a tree that whispers to him Mark now has a dating coach. After Mark’s initial assessment of Athena as a jazzabell she is his dating coach. Mark sets out to date Daphne his sweet match even with all his friends telling him Daphne is all wrong for him, but after a second visit to the Soul Tree the tree has another woman in mind on who is Mark’s soul mate.
Amber
Dec 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
love, mark think he know just what he wants in a relationship and sets out to try and get the relationship, along the way he meets the one he is ment to be with. I loved this store and could not put it down.
Kathryn

Can you find love a second time? A true resounding love? This story moves that question in your mind. A little predictable (but we wanted that to happen). Some nice sparks between the characters, a little bit of worry, and a whole lot of counting on The Soul Tree coming through.
Jestice Love
Aug 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It took me a little to get into this one but I loved it. It was a very cute story. I didn't care for the speed change at the end. I feel like it ended too quickly.
Thinxsphinx
Jan 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Denial and determination drive this erotic romance of Mark and Athena. 3.75 stars
Pat
Dec 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Good storyline and well defined characters kept my interest throughout the whole book!

I voluntarily reviewed an advanced reader copy of this book.
M.T. DeSantis
I received this book or an honest review. All opinions expressed are my own.

Read an excerpt and follow the Goddess Fish book tour here.
This is the perfect romance for readers who like a little magic and a lot of hot. Mark starts as a crabby alpha who undergoes a transformation. He’s got the smoldering and glaring down. While this isn’t the type of romance hero I typically enjoy reading, he is well-developed and a great character for readers who enjoy their bad boys.
I have a lot of respect for
Renay
Brenda Freeman
Jun 20, 2017
Cyrene Olson
Jun 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Don’t judge a book by it’s cover, is the main theme going on in this book, as people so often do. This is a nice shorter romance that had some fun banter even though Mark was a little too rough around the edges, and the book was a little too short to get a good connection to the characters. Reviewed by Cyrene
Angie Arnold
Victoria
SD
Mood Reader
Jun 05, 2018

• Alpha Rising (Bull Creek Chronicles #1)
  • Captivated by the She-Wolf (A Wahyas of Walker’s Run Novel)
  • Blood Rights (House of Comarré, #1)
  • Immortal Deflagration
  • Dick (The Private Dick, #1)
  • Greek Mythology: A Captivating Guide to the Ancient Gods, Goddesses, Heroes, and Monsters (Norse Mythology - Egyptian Mythology - Greek Mythology Book 3)
  • Ella and the Beast (More Than Human #1)
  • Her Royal Choice: A Reverse Harem Romance
  • Arrowood (Arrowood, #1)
  • The Priest Hole (Nykolas Freeman, #1)
  • Miss Claus and the Secret Santa (A Shifter Christmas Romance, #1)
Mackenzie Lucas is an avid reader of genre fiction. She writes contemporary and paranormal romance. She loves a good story, whether it’s an erotic short, a full-length romance novel, or the narrative slice-of-life found in country music. In any story, emotional integrity and authenticity are most important to her as well as a big dose of romping hot sexual tension. She enjoys smart-mouthed, sexy ...more

Soul Mate Tree (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Realm of the Dragon (Soul Mate Tree #1)
  • Can't Stop the Music (Soul Mate Tree #2)
  • Between Venus & Mars (Soul Mate Tree #3)
  • The Trail to Love (Soul Mate Tree #4)
  • A Promise Remembered (Soul Mate Tree #6)
  • Never Give Up on Love (Soul Mate Tree #7)
  • Once Upon A Lady (Soul Mate Tree #8)
  • Sweet Sacrifice (Soul Mate Tree #9)
  • Soul Song (Soul Mate Tree #10)
  • The Storm Within (Soul Mate Tree #11)