Start by marking “A Christmas Affair (Ransom Canyon, #6.5)” as Want to Read:
A Christmas Affair (Ransom Canyon, #6.5)

A Christmas Affair

(Ransom Canyon #6.5)

A shy soul and an adventurous heart. As the holidays approach, can they find happiness together?

Maria Anne Davis was on her way to an exciting career as a chef in Dallas, until a terrible car accident left her blind. Ever resilient, Maria has reinvented her life on her own terms, starting a business out of her home kitchen, selling her jams and jellies to the local grocery
Published October 1st 2017 by HQN Books

Start your review of A Christmas Affair (Ransom Canyon, #6.5)
Arlena
Oct 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Title: A Christmas Affair
Author: Jodi Thomas
Publisher: HQN Books
Series: Ransom Canyon #6.5)
Reviewed By: Arlena Dean
Rating: Four
Review:

"A Christmas Affair" by Jodi Thomas

My Thoughts....

I loved this heartwarming 'Ransom Canyon #6.5 series'... Christmas novella that will keep you turning the pages till the end. We find that Maria Davis who is blind from a accident would like something special this Christmas...an affair with a certai
Tonya Lucas
Sep 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
It's the perfect time of year when Fall is arriving, days are getting shorter, and Football fever has arrived. Nothing seems more perfect, except maybe traveling back to Crossroads, Texas with Jodi Thomas in her new Ransom Canyon book, A Christmas Affair.
Jodi certainly entertains us with one of the sweetest romantic Christmas books this year.
Travis is on his way to Crossroads to live with his three aging great-uncles, he's thinking he might stay for awhile, earn some money then hit the road fo
No Apology Book Reviews
Rushed but well-meaning

This was cute, if you don’t mind some cheese and purple prose. It’s so strange; I don’t remember associating Thomas with such fanciful dialogue before this year. Maybe my taste or perception has changed recently. I just couldn’t imagine real people saying some of those lines, and that sense of absurdity distances me from the story. Which might sound like an ironic paradox considering it’s fiction, but anyway.

It was nice to visit Crossroads again and
Jo  (Mixed Book Bag)
One new character and several from previous books get their own story all wrapped up in Christmas. Maria has decided that she wants a Christmas affair and choose the storekeeper where she sells her jam. It was fun to watch how she goes about getting what she wants or does she. At the same time a a new teenager arrives to stay with his great uncles. He is primed to run but does he. Read to find out. This was very lighthearted and fun. A nice addition to the Ransom Canyon story.

I recei
Janga
Nov 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
One of the things that keeps me coming back for more of Thomas’s work is that in her fictional world, everyone deserves—and gets—love and the promise of happiness. You would be hard pushed to find a hero more antithetical to the ever-popular alpha hero than a “passable,” headed-toward-homely merchant who is the shyest person in town. And even Dakota, who loves her sister devotedly, never imagines that shy, pretty, blind Maria dreams of romance and a lover who will erase painful memories. Thomas ...more
Romancing the Book
Oct 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Reviewed by JoAnne
Book provided by NetGalley

A Christmas Affair is a Christmas novella in the Ransom Canyon series and was a quick read at only ninety pages.  Although fast paced this book continues the series nicely and there is a depth to the story since characters we've met before are back.  Maria, Dakota and their grandmother are just a few of them but it gave reality to the story. There was good plot development and we learned mor
Books and Spoons
Oct 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
A magical and marvelous Christmas novella about making your dreams come true, finding your home, braving to open your heart for the love and opportunities already in front of you.
With the author's beautiful, nearly poetic style of writing, the wintery scenes of our beloved Ransom Canyon open up and the magic of the season is palpable in the air.
Maria Anne Davis is a character from the previous book in the series and deserving all the happiness in the world. She has spunk, courage, and determin
Mary
Sep 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
This novella picks up a short time after book 6, Indigo Lake, ends. In that book we met Maria Davis who had come out of a tragic car crash being completely blind. Before the crash she had a promising career as a chef in her future. Now she lives at home with her sister and grandmother in Crossroads, Texas. She makes jams and jellies and sells them at the local market which is owned by Wes. He fell for her the first time they met but was too shy or scared to act on his feelings. Only when Maria d ...more
Kathleen Booker
Jul 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Very sweet read. After accident left her blind, Maria seems to think that she can only have short affair but, Wes has been in love with her for a while but too shy to talk to her.
She ask him to have affair and he agrees but soon they both realize that they are in love and he surprises her on Christmas Eve with Gazebo painted and decorated like she remembers from her childhood and she agrees to marry him if he will agree to a love affair for the rest of their lives.

Hope to read more about Travi
Eileen
Oct 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle, contemporary
Maria Davis & Wes Whitman
a very cute and romantic novella set in Ransom Canyon. She is the blind woman who makes jams and jellies for the store. He's the shy store owner and in love with her. She boldly kisses him and they secretly start an affair. I love that he complies so easily just to keep her close.
Travis Fuller comes to town to live with his 3 great-uncles and being almost 16 makes him the smartest and oldest of the group. What a wonderful side story.
Light and easy t
Garth Mailman
Dec 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
We’re back in Crossroads where the new Deputy Cline has brought Travis to town to bunk with his Great Uncles Dice, Cap and Horace Fuller. Blade and Dakota are inching toward marriage and Maria takes the initiative with Wes the store owner who stocks her jams and jellies. Travis, who knew he was being dumped in town has been adopted all round and for once in his sixteen-year-old life feels wanted and feels a sense of being needed and belonging.

A novella with a happy ending.
Ann
Oct 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Wes runs the local general store and has secretly admired Maria for a long time. She's blind but an excellent cook and stocks Wes's shelves with jams and jellys. She lives with her sister who is in love with a neighbor but is worried about an old family curse. As Maria decides she wants an affair with shy handsome Wes he is eager to fulfill her her wishes but he wants more. A nice Christmas tale with an unusual twist.
Janet Friesner
Oct 02, 2017 rated it liked it
If you have been reading Jodi Thomas' Ransom Canyon series, you will enjoy this little novela. Its a lovely Christmas story about the sister of the girl in the last book. A blind girl who seeks a Christmas affair but the love is too much for just an affair. Its a nice feel good story about her and also a lost young teenager who finds a home where he feels worth while about his life for the first time. Nice reading. Wish it could have been longer.
Lynne
Oct 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Lovely Novella

Returning to Ransom Canyon for a Christmas love story. A novella featuring Wes & Maria, though Blade & Dakota get an epilogue. It was a rushed story, I'd thought it would be a little longer. Young Travis enters the picture and adds some humor to the story. Maybe in the next book everything will be addressed more.
UberApril
Nov 28, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to UberApril by: Amy Ikari
The ISBN for the ebook I have matches this one however my copy has only 68 total pages. I love Travis and his great uncles. I'm a sucker for mismatched families. And I really did enjoy reading Maria's love affair but that weird fight at the end didn't make sense.
Michele
Oct 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: con-rom, holiday
See the full review at HarlequinJunkie.com

A Christmas Affair was a short story that proved the Christmas spirit was still alive and well in Ransom Canyon, Texas, as an unsettled teen found his way in life, and a couple of tender souls fell head over heels in love.

Jodi Thomas’s emotional writing always gets to me and she has a way of creating characters who seem so real and flawed that you can’t help but like them. And it doesn’t matter if it’s historical or, like in this
Virginia Lee Boylan
Mar 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: contemporary, romance
Totally loved this novella about a shy shopkeeper, a blind woman, and a rebellious teenager. The relationship between Maria and Wes unfolded beautifully, and the Christmas celebration was priceless. I hope to see more about young Travis.
Teri Pre
Mar 28, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2019-reads
The whole time I was reading this book I kept checking to make sure that Jodi Thomas actually wrote it. I LOVE Ms. Thomas' writing but this wasn't it. It was forced and rushed and unsatisfying. I'm hoping for better from the next one.
RiriRomantiques
A cute and gentle novella with a beta hero turning a little alpha on the side..
I liked both character though I was slightly surprised and not sure that they would be the main couple till the first third of the book..
I also liked Travis’ story.
The novella is a little too short for me.
Lee
Oct 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another great one

I love all the characters and going to Crossroads feels like home. With her writing you just feel like you are right in the middle of all the action.
Virginia
May 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: a-kindle
Short and sweet
Maria
Oct 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Short story

I liked this story about two people who don't think they can have some one to love but end up being happy together. I love all the books from this author.
Mary
Oct 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The true meaning of Christmas

Loved this story ! Lots of good feelings and what Christmas is all about. A good short story in the Ransom Canyon series of books.
Toni
Nov 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This one will keep you smiling.

What a wonderful Christmas romance. I love it!! Maria and Wes light the screen on fire with their torrid love affair.
Shirley
Oct 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Perfect Christmas story

Keep the tissues handy. This is a beautiful Christmas story. I hope Ms. Thomas keeps writing about this couple. I want great things to happen for them.
Nath
Oct 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.5/5 (B-)
Denise Schenk
Nov 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: finished
I purchased this series when the books were on sale. I now have them all and have binged read them. I just loved all the books
Alahna
Completely ridiculous but completely adorable. I will definitely check out more of her work.
Beth
Dec 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed this.

• Big Sky River (Parable, Montana, #3)
  • A Snow Country Christmas (The Carsons of Mustang Creek, #4)
  • The Rancher's Christmas Song (The Cowboys of Cold Creek)
  • The Cliff House
  • The Christmas Room
  • Big Sky Summer (Parable, Montana, #4)
  • Wait Until Dark (Maximum Security #0.5)
  • A Soldier's Return
  • Baby, It's Christmas & Hold Me, Cowboy
  • The Christmas Wishing Tree (Eternity Springs, #15)
  • The First Kiss of Spring (Eternity Springs #14)
  • Jackson (The McBrides of Texas #1; Eternity Springs #16)
  • Low Country Hero (Safe Haven #1)
  • Meant to Be Yours (Happily Inc, #5)
  • Wrangler's Challenge (Wind River Valley #4)
  • Lavender Blue
  • A Very Merry Princess (Happily Inc, #2.5)
  • The Color of Love (Blessings, Georgia, #5)
I'm a New York Times and USA Today Best Selling author, wife, mother, in-law, grandmother, sister, friend, and owner of one fat cat.

Ransom Canyon (8 books)
  • Ransom Canyon (Ransom Canyon, #1)
  • Rustler's Moon (Ransom Canyon, #2)
  • Lone Heart Pass (Ransom Canyon, #3)
  • Sunrise Crossing (Ransom Canyon, #4)
  • Wild Horse Springs (Ransom Canyon, #5)
  • Indigo Lake (Ransom Canyon #6)
  • Mistletoe Miracles (Ransom Canyon, #7)
  • Christmas in Winter Valley (Ransom Canyon, #8)