Start by marking “Take a Chance (Vegas Heat, #2)” as Want to Read:
Take a Chance  (Vegas Heat, #2)

Take a Chance (Vegas Heat #2)

4.48  ·  Rating details ·  124 Ratings  ·  98 Reviews
The son of a con-artist, Sean O'Brien learned the hard way that living by your own rules comes with a price. After a brief time behind bars, Sean is now ready to live an honest life, and pay for his past mistakes, and he's fortunate enough that a member of The Reliance Group sees Sean's potential for good and gives him a job at the Onyx Casino.

Zoe Russo has met all types
Published June 15th 2017 (first published October 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Take a Chance, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Take a Chance

Michelle
ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review

photo 7a4546783f089822dd368f00d0a96e 1_zpsllpkaca6.gif

In Erika Wilde’s latest installment in the Vegas Heat Series, she beautifully tackles two intertwining stories that unites four individuals to revisit their past, unravel secrets and decide what the future may have in store for them. In Take A Chance, Wilde encourages readers to take a chance on love, trust, and forgiveness.

Sean O’Brien is a former con-man who has rebuilt a new life for himself. As a bartender and an employee of The Relianc
Kate's Corner

I am in the minority here so take my review with a pinch of salt. Alas a 3 star read.

The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

Whereas I enjoy Ms. Wilde’s writing and the overall plot here was really good. I didn’t like any of the main characters in the book.

In no way whatsoever did Sean O’Brien come over as sincere IMO. Although he apologised for his mess-ups and he meant well it all felt kind of flat for me. Really flat.

Zoe Russo is a designer. Also not a fan of things I find appealin
Alyse
Jun 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Take A Chance is the second book in Erika Wilde's Vegas Heat series. The charming ex-con artist, Sean O'Brien, takes center stage in the newest of The Reliance Group series. Sean believes that his skills from his past life can be used to help people and is extremely thankful for his job as a bartender at the Onyx Casino and as a member of The Reliance Group. And his newest assignment for The Reliance Group puts his face to face with his past and the daughter of the man that put his father in jai ...more
Kathleen R.
Jun 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Title: Take A Chance
Author: Erika Wilde

4 unexpected stars

After having read the first instalment from the Lucky series by Erika Wilde, i had found out that it was previously published under her other pen name. i had enjoyed the new aspect of Erika Wilde's vast personas when it comes to the many different genres that she writes. Take A Chance, the second instalment in the series, tells the story of Sean and Zoe on the Vegas strip as they try to ignore the growing attraction between one another.
Emma
Jun 14, 2017 rated it liked it
In the second book featuring the members of The Reliance Group, Sean O'Brien takes centre  stage. Our charismatic ex-con comes face to face with his past and the family who helped incarcerate his father.

Sean has a lot of regrets in his life, especially his own foray into the world of white collar crime; although he has served his punishment and turned his life around, he still isn't able to let go of the idea that he is forever tainted by his past.

Recruited to track down his father's old busine
Cheryl O'Harney
Jun 24, 2017 rated it liked it
*This book was reviewed for Summer's Eve Reads*

Title: Take A Chance (Vegas Heat #2)
Author: Erika Wilde
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Rating: 3/5

This is the second book in the Vegas Heat series and it can be read as a standalone.

The focus of the story is on Sean and Zoe who first meet when he walks into her shop there's an instant attraction between them both but all's not as simple as boy meets girl their lives are intertwined in an unexpected way which puts a spin on the way the story pans out i
Ruza
May 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Two couples with stories that inter-twine. You have Sean O'Brien. He's the hot, cocky bar-tender/ex-con man and a member of the Reliance Group. He's given an assignment to find Grant Russo who happens to be the man who put his father in prison. To find Grant, Sean poses as a leasing agent for the Onyx Hotel & Casino to meet Grant's daughter Zoe Russo.

Zoe Russo is the Owner of ZR Designs and is looking for a storefront for her first boutique to sell her merchandise. She arrives for the meeti
Kimberly Cermak
Jun 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Take a Chance is the 2nd book in the Vegas Heat Series and is the story of two sets of couples, Sean and Zoe, and Zoe’s best friend Jessica and a man from her past, Noah.

Sean O’Brien and Zoe Russo’s lives are tangled together in the most intriguing way. While trying to work together to solve the mystery of what Zoe’s dad is really up to, the two of them form a relationship that neither were prepared for. Will Sean and Zoe be able to fully trust one another with all of the secrets between them? W
Dawn Guidry
May 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved everything about this book, and imagine my surprise when we got 2 HEAs instead of 1 (insert happy dance!) The more happiness the better! Playboy Sean definitely met his match in Zoe. A job he initially took to get justice and retribution for his father quickly turned into a hot, steamy, all consuming romance that neither could deny - even after Zoe found out the truth about Sean's intentions and her father's past. I have to admit that I was shocked when it was revealed that Zoe's father ...more
J K
May 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
CAN I GIVE THIS ONE 10 stars. I want Sean to be my new book boyfriend! I fell in love with him in Game of Chance and so glad he got his own story. The chemistry between Sean and Zoe is as hot as the Vegas desert. He needs to go undercover and use her to find her father. There is also a history between both their fathers. Is it a little revenge? Sean and Zoe are hot together. I loved that she was so open and honest even after finding out his truths. I love how he wanted to be a good guy for her a ...more
Jacquie
May 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Take a Chance (Vegas Heat Book 2) is the captivating, unputdownable love story of Sean O'Brien and Zoe Russo. It's not JUST a love story....it's a tale of love lost, redemption, revenge and making up for mistakes made in the past. You also get a love story within a love story! Zoe's BFF Jessica and Nick, a guy from her past that she thought would stay in her past! The heartbreaking twists and turns, secrets kept and revealed kept me turning the pages until the very last word.

This series, so far
Becky Rendon
Jun 13, 2017 rated it liked it

I definitely liked this one more than the first in the series. Take a Chance has a little something different though. Book one focused on one couple Take a Chance has a bit more at stake.

With two couples needing to take the title to heart, it makes for an interesting switch off. The story keeps you moving. But I'm still waiting for Caleb's downfall. I had hoped this book was his demise but it looks like the author is holding on to that tease pretty tight.

We shall see...

reviewed for Naug
Lynne Seaver
May 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
i recieved an ARC for an honest review.....this book delivers on steamy romance, but also on making good on past mistakes....not with just one couple but two....i had a hard time deciding which couple was my favorite...i loved Sean and Zoes heat and chemistry but Jessica and Noah have heat and chemistry but also a past that is unfinished....
Sean is on the job....that job is to find Zeos father.....the Con Artist.....the ups and the downs just make Sean and Zeo fall deeper in love.....
Isha Coleman
May 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
Judge a person, not by the mistakes made, but the lessons learned from them. Erika Wilde, has created a world where there is no black and white, only shades of grey. People have an agenda, hearts get broken and secrets abound. The Reliance Group may be unorthodox but they know how to get the job done. Sean O'Brien is a bad boy. He toes the line between con - artist and good guy, but hasn't quite figured out where he belongs. TRG saved him from his former life only to set him on a course that wil ...more
Christine Matinale
May 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a great book! I loved reading Zoe and Sean's story. It's a book about redemption, letting the passed go and finding love with some mystery throw in.
C bond
May 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
loved this book. excellent read
Barbara Lack
May 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book is about redemption and absolving ones self for past mistakes. Sean is an ex-con turned Onyx Casino bartender plus he works for The Reliance Group also. They are looking for the man who lied and put Sean's father in prison years ago and seems to have embezzled from his company in a Ponzi scam. Zoe is the con artist's daughter. She works with Sean to find her dad. There's a lot of chemistry between the two of them. There is a secondary romance also. This book is full of emotion. There i ...more
Sarah Kirk
May 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Two love stories for the price of one! Both stories are different, but just as good. The two females are best friends that each get their happily ever afters. One with a blast from the past and one connected to her father's past. This book gives you a pop star, long lost love, con men, ponzi schemes, and jewelry designers all in one. I really loved it.
Whispers From
May 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
I'll be honest it took me a little while to get into this book. It was sort of slow to start but then I couldn't put it down. This is really about two separate couples. Zoe and Sean, Jessica and Nick. Sex, con men and rock n roll.

Sean, a bartender and employee of The Reliance Group, was a con man and he learned from his father, who's serving fifteen years in jail for a ponzi scheme. His partner turned on him and got nothing while he's still in prison. When a wealthy businessman comes to the TRG,
Elaina
May 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book is even better than the first. As the resident playboy of The Reliance Group, ex-con Sean O'Brien gets more than he bargained for when he is assigned to get close to the daughter of the man who helped put his father behind bars. Zoe Russo has no idea the life her father used to lead and is shocked when she finds out the real reason behind Sean's initial interest in her. The chemistry between the unlikely pair is off the charts and the attraction is difficult to fight.

And not only do w
Badass Bloggettes
Take A Chance is the second book in the Vegas Heat series by Erika Wilde. I am hooked. I like the first book in this series, but I love this one. Take A Chance is a twofer, so to speak in that we get two romances in one. The primary story is the second mission of The Reliance Group, focusing on Sean O’Brien and Zoe Russo. The ancillary story is a second chance (my favorite trope) romance about Zoe’s friend Jessica meeting up with her old flame Noah Young.

Caleb, the leader of The Reliance Group,
Kathy
Jun 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This review is from: Take a Chance (Vegas Heat Novel Book 2) (Kindle Edition)
I love Erika Wilde's books and she doesn't disappoint in Take A Chance, the second novel in the Vegas Heat series!!! What's even better, Take a Chance has another second chance romance as well as the main story. You are caught from the very first page and can't stop reading until you reach the very last page. Erika Wilde's characters are well developed and believable. Her descriptions of the scenery, places, and charac
Nina ~ Meleth Bookaddicted ~
Jun 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
TAKE A CHANCE is about redemption and maybe even about second chances: To not judge a person by past mistakes if they learned their lessons from them. There’s so much more than just black and white – and Sean O’Brien is the prime example for that: As charming and good-willed the sexy bartender might be, a happy fulfilled life with a woman who loves him unconditionally just does not seem to be in the cards for him – all thanks to his shady past and him being an ex-con.

At least he has his work lif
Suzanne Radcliffe
Jun 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Take A Chance is book 2 in the Vegas Heat series and is about Sean and Zoe. Sean is the son of a con-artist, who learned the tricks of the trade from his father. After a stint in prison for his last con, Sean is trying to redeem himself and is given a second chance by Caleb, founder of The Reliance Group, as a bartender at the Onyx Casino, as well as becoming a member of TRG. His newest assignment at TRG is to find Grant Russo, the man who Sean's father worked a Ponzi scheme with, and got Sean's ...more
Cindy M. Green
Jun 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Take a Chance is Book #2 in the Vegas Heat series. Even though there are related characters, you do not need to read Game of Chance, Book #1 in the series.

Sean O'Brien is a charismatic, sexy bartender at the Onyx Casino trying to put his tainted past behind him. Once a con-man, Sean has turned his life around and is now part of The Reliance Group. His boss, Caleb, has a new assignment for Sean and he can't believe what he's being asked to do. The assignment is to track down his father's business
Chasing Away Reality
Jun 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars - Take a Chance was another sexy, fast-paced, couldn't-put-down read by Erika Wilde. I'm loving this new Vegas Heat series! The guys are mouth-watering, the ladies are strong, the stories are intriguing, and the sex is smoking.

In book 2, we have the privilege of witnessing two individuals with secrets from their past finally find healing and love. Sean, the eternal bachelor/ex-con man, becomes enthralled with Zoe, a sweet and caring woman who fears losing herself by trusting the wrong
Cee Cee Houston
Jun 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Interesting twist in book 2 of the (Vegas Heat Series), one that's hard to pull off due to the amount of 'voices' in the reader's head. It can get a bit cramped and noisy in there. However Ms. Wilde did give it a go and for the most part it worked.
Sean's an ex-con man sent to find out the truth about another con-man and the person responsible for his father being in prison and the only way to do that is to get close to the man's daughter. Fashion accessory designer Zoe Russo.
Pretending to be the
Books Laid Bare
Jun 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
I read the first book in the series and really enjoyed it so I was hoping for another treat when I picked up this, book two and I have to say that I was not disappointed.
I thought the way the author wove the lives of Sean and Zoe and also Jessica and Noah together was handled fabulously.
I was so absorbed by the way that Sean and Zoe were engaged, working together deliciously to unravel the mystery of what was going on in her father’s life and that quest brought them and unexpected result …a re
Crystal's Book World ~ Crystal Cordova
Erika Wilde is bringing you a great series with Vegas Heat. Sean did not disappoint as he came out of his bartender shell. We met him in the first book and he seemed like an easy going and flirty kind of guy. Nope, he really isn't that kind of a guy! I mean he is still sexy as sin and can charm his way and have a girl melt into goo. He has a lot of demons he is fighting and gets an assignment from his boss he just can not refuse. He is in for one big surprise once he meets his person of interest ...more
Book Lover
Jun 11, 2017 rated it liked it
This is a revised, updated version of a previous publication and the second of the Vegas Heat series. While characters overlap, it can easily be read as a standalone.

Sean used to make his living as a con artist. Now an ex-con, he is given a second chance by Caleb Roux to work for the Onyx and The Reliance Group. His last scam caused an innocent woman to get hurt and he carries a lot of guilt from it. He is a playboy and a huge flirt who isn’t looking for anything but a good time.

Zoe Russo is a
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Erika Wilde (aka Janelle Denison) is the USA Today bestselling author of over 50 contemporary romances for multiple print publishers.
More about Erika Wilde...

Vegas Heat (3 books)
  • Game of Chance (Vegas Heat, #1)
  • Last Chance (Vegas Heat, #3)