Start by marking “Enemies like You (Enemies with Benefits #1)” as Want to Read:
Enemies like You  (Enemies with Benefits #1)

Enemies like You

(Enemies with Benefits #1)

They're dangerous men. Absolute enemies. And totally hot for each other.

Will has never met anyone like Kit. He’s arrogant. Gorgeous. Lethal. The most expensive bodyguard money can buy.

And Will can’t seem to resist him.

A simple command in Kit's cut-glass accent makes Will want things he’s never wanted, do things he’s never done. Their red-hot chemistry is off the charts.
Published May 15th 2017 by Annika Martin

To ask other readers questions about Enemies like You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Enemies like You

Start your review of Enemies like You (Enemies with Benefits #1)
Renée
~3.5 stars~

I liked this story, I really did. But I didn't love this story. I'm not familiar with the writing of Annika Martin, but Joanna Chambers is an amazing author. The writing is not in question. This duo made the story completely engaging.

Will and Kit were very likable characters. Character building was on point, and the relationship development was smooth. And the sex? *fans self* It was HAWT.

But this is romantic suspense, and so the authors have the challenge of making the suspense just
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
4 STARS
I like my sex like I like my grenades: simple, fast, and furious. One-time use.

That. Was. So. Freaking. HOT.

No seriously. That was SO FREAKING HOT. I don't think I even bothered to read the blurb for this book before jumping at the chance to read it. While I haven't had a chance to read anything by Joanna Chambers prior to this (which I'll be rectifying quickly), Annika Martin has been an auto-buy for me for years. But really, this book couldn't have been more custom written for me if
Optimist ♰King's Wench♰
BR with The Adam

First things first, the prologue (Enemies With Benefits) is the first 8 chapters which inspired some disappointment.
I was left wanting at the end and feeling a little sick that it was over. Those 8 chapters would’ve gone a long way in easing my separation anxiety. IDK if the Kit and Will saga will continue but I sure hope so!

Is this book perfect? Nope. There were several spy game things that had me side-eyeing. Don’t EVEN get me started on that whole club scene with Master Tom
Mónica BQ
Jun 05, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Minus One Star

TL;DR: click here for Giedre's review

I don't even know where to start, to be honest.

So I'll just go from the beginning. I despised Will and his cave-man routine that's basically thinly veiled homophobia and macho man showiness that excuses his objectification of both men and women by hiding behind "stoicism":

"I like my men to be men"

"I like my sex like I like my grenades: simple, fast, and furious. One-time use".

Don't get me wrong, I'm all up for casual sex and one night
Elise ✘ a.k.a Ryder's Pet ✘
*Disappointed*

I'm uncertain of how I feel about this book. In some ways I liked it (a tiny bit), in other ways I didn't. I liked the concept of the story, however, I didn't like how fast the romance started. It felt like a done deal after the first meeting. Also - PLEASE DON'T HATE ME - I didn't like how bodyguard ((view spoiler)) Kit ‘Kate’ ‘Katerina’ aka (view spoiler) (27?) was playing a woman.
Eve (Between The Bookends)
Apr 26, 2017 rated it really liked it

description

descriptionThis is one hell of a sexy cover. Great representation of the two heros. Great composition. Eye catching title. I love it.description

descriptionThis was a super enjoyable book. Well written. It had a nice pace to it. Some twists and turns. Some hot sex scenes. Two likable main characters. No real angst or relationship drama. It was almost perfect.

description

Two things kept this from being a perfect read for me. One, I thought the plot was a little underdeveloped overall. Two, the ending felt REALLY rushed. Those two small
Ariadna
Jun 05, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: hell-no
Y'all, I don't even know. :|

I snapped up this book as soon as I finished the novella (which turned out to be the first 8 chapters of this novel. That should've raised a flag or two. #IJS)

Having never read anything by Annika Martin, I basically snagged this book based on my lurve for Joanna Chambers. Her Enlightenment series is one of my faves so I was THRILLED to read a contemporary M/M by her.

Initially, I thought I was going to end up giving this novel at least a 4.5. BUT THEN, certain things
Dia
I really loved the prequel. I was somehow surprised it's also included in the long length book. I really enjoyed this one. It was full of action. And it's also full of super HOT scenes. Really loved the suspense and the sweetness. I agree, some parts are hard to believe, but if you get over this, the romance is really good. Adored the couple!
~Mindy Lynn~
2.5*

I sadly fell in like and not love with this story. Such a shame because I was really looking forward to reading it.

The sex was off the charts hot. The chemistry was great. What was not so great was all the time we spent without these guys being on page with each other. There wasn't enough of them together for this to feel like a true romance book. We just got bits and pieces of them together and I didn't enjoy that. We get more of the suspense part of the book and that would have been great
Ami
For those of you who have read the FREE novella, Enemies with Benefits, the story will start at Chapter 9. For those who haven't, well, Chapter 1-8 of this book is basically the novella

Enemies Like You the first installment of Enemies with Benefits series as well as the debut of collaboration between Joanna Chambers and Annika Martin ends up being on the lower end of "just okay" spectrum for me.

My biggest problem to enjoy this enemies-to-lovers romance is because I only cared about one half
Adam
Tag team review with Cupcake!

I’ve got mixed thoughts on ‘Enemies Like You.’

The two MCs are pitted against each other from the start. Will is gunning after a Russian oligarch, while Kit is determined to protect the villain.

Will is the selfless avenger. His only goal is to get justice for his betrayed friends, with no thought for his own life. He’s reckless, but it was easy to understand where he was coming from.

Kit’s motivations are less selfless, and it takes a while to figure out
Jessica Alcazar
 photo ENEMIES_BANNER.jpg

Enemies to lovers like no other #TRUTH

photo ENEMIES_TEASER3.jpg

ridiculously fucking HOT

photo enemies_teaser1.jpg
Chris
May 24, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: military-crime, lgbtq
Okay so this was very frustrating ! I felt a bit ripped off that I started at Chapter 9 because the first part of the book was a repeat of the novella - I'm not sure about that ... I expected to pick up from the prologue, not have it repeated. I liked Kit and I liked Will but there was some kind of disconnect- i couldn't really feel the chemistry even though there was every attempt to build the heat between these two. I figure it was me and I just wanted more. Once I hit 80% things started to ...more
CrabbyPatty
FYI -Enemies with Benefits is a prologue (free on Amazon) featuring the first 9 chapters of this book.

This book is a spy thriller with loads of improbable situations ... but once you get beyond that, step out onto that tightrope, hold on tight and enjoy.

Kit and Will meet during the attempted assassination of Polzin, "a fucking psychopath." Put Will in the role of the assassin, while Kit is Polzin's bodyguard. Their sexual dynamic is red hot and they rapidly progress from enemies to
haletostilinski

Ohhh, I really really loved this. Thank god the rest of the novel was as good as the prologue we got because YES. This has several things I love in romance stories and it is written WELL, ahhH!! 'Cause we got spies and the whole "mortal enemies thing" going for it and mystery and intrigue and trying to figure out who the bad guys are - I love guessing who it could be (and I was right with this one, yep!) - and really really hot sex and of course my favorite of all, two guys falling in
Jen
May 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Smoking hot!! Loved this quick action packed story. Kit and Will could not keep their hands off one another even though they were enemies.

♥ Rebecca ♥
I loved this! Why am I the only one who loved this? I just found it so interesting and intense and addictive. Kit and Will are both such interesting characters and I loved them and their intense connection. It was very quick, as I have seen some people say, but lust usually is. What they had was a bit more than lust, not quite insta-love, but maybe infatuation. Regardless, I didnt have any trouble accepting their relationship and enjoying where it went from there. I also really enjoyed the spy ...more
G.
May 20, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fifty Shades of Incompetence, or They're Still Alive, Because This Is Fiction. I enjoyed it, though. Mostly because of Kit. I'd read a book just about him.
BR11
Barely 3 stars. What could have been a great plot fell short in all departments.
These two acted more like horny teens than spies. And don't get me started on the declaration of love... I rolled my eyes sooo hard I thought they were gonna get stuck on the back of my head.
A mehh reading.
Bev
3.5 stars rounded up from me. I begrudge paying for a 'free' novella which wasn't free on Amazon UK when I bought it, and to then have the whole bloody thing repeated at the start of this one [and take up 25% of this story] was more than a little annoying...so in effect, I've paid for the novella twice - not happy, not a happy bunny at all.

Anyhoo, as far as this story goes, I was distinctly underwhelmed. These two showed so much promise in the novella, and things just sort of fizzled out. Joanna
Line
DNF for me, which would normally be a 1-star rating, but leaving it at 2 stars, since the 'so-called' prequel was quite good.
As for the rest of it:
I did not care for Kit at ALL. It was really fucking hard for me to sympathize, since he killed a lot of people, because of (view spoiler) (as I read it).
The smex was hot, but again Kit was a douche, and it annoyed me that Will kept accepting Kit's
Em Wittmann
Just reread this one & loved it even more the second time. Original review below.
—————————————————

Okay – let’s just keep this real. I don’t really believe the CIA is sending super hot retired, elite Special Forces soldiers to assassinate corrupt, sadistic, crazy rich bad guys or that said bad guys employ cross-dressing assassins to keep them alive. Or that these deadly assassins are so paralyzed by lust that they get up to sexy times whenever they’re supposed to kill each other. But this is
Wendy
3.5stars.jpg (1600×330):

Before I started this novel, I read the free prologue novella, Enemies with benefits, which I very much enjoyed.It isn't needed to read however, to start with the novella, since it's included in this one. It spans the first 24 % of the book.

I enjoyed reading this one, though I have to say, there were also some things that bothered me.

Will is an (freelance) assassin, working on an assignment for the CIA. His assignment: killing the man who's responsible for the death of his (former) army
Donna ~ The Romance Cover
May 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-star-2017
Enemies Like You (Enemies with Benefits #1) by Annika Martin and Joanna Chambers
4 stars!!!

***Note*** If you have read the free prologue, Enemies with Benefits, then this book will start around 24% for you. If you have not read the free prologue…don’t fret…it is included in this book. My review for Enemies with Benefits can be found here http://www.theromancecover.com/2017/0...

“Sometimes you have to disengage your personal conscience in order to achieve the greater good.”

For those that have
Denise H.
*** Action, sex, intrigue, secrets, and more sexiness ! ***
A marvelous spy novel about Russians, a traitor, big money, and huge secrets.
Will/Nero is ex-military

who is CIA and his target is the powerful Russian, Polzin. At a large party, a secret meeting will take place. Will plans to get Polzin, but things take a turn. Polzin's elite bodyguard is passing as his girlfriend, and HE is a British agent !
Kit/Christopher, is perfection as masculine and feminine.

He's beautiful.
Later in London,
Lelyana
May 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017, arc, mm, from-author
This is not my Joanna Chambers first book but I'm not familiar with Annika Martin's writing style.
Adjusting is not easy.But since I was loving the Prologue because it was sexy and I loved Kit so much, adjusting is not a big deal.
Can't get Kit out of his head, Will keep coming back searching for the flamboyant guy and he's kind of surprise (not) of who's Kit is.
Both Kit and Will did their job with baggage on their back, they have to make pace with that before everything's solved and they can be
Nat ReadingAllNite

This was kind of a fun read in spite of what I saw as flaws in the story. It’s also one of those books that you don’t care very much about the wobbly plot because it’s got action and suspense, plus some scorching sex. I liked the dual perspectives and the back stories for both Will and Kit. It’s pretty melodramatic at the end but overall it was entertaining and I just liked Will and Kit together for some reason. They were cute killers!
Francesca
May 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Full review is up at the blog

Suspenseful, plot and character driven, romantic and highly sensual: great novel altogether.
Full review on pub day. In the meantime: highly recommended

Karen Wellsbury
Fast paced, thrilling, twisty, romantic, sexy WillKit is great fun with unexpected tenderness and insights.

Loved it, highly recommended. Full review on publication day
Barb ~rede-2-read~
After reading Enemies with Benefits, which was free on Amazon (!) I was intrigued by Kit and "Nero" not only in the opposites attract way, but also in the fact that the more diminutive Kit was more dominant toward the larger, more alpha ex-soldier and it worked for them. It didn't hurt that there was a scene with Kit wearing lacy underwear--to suit his undercover persona of a female companion to a major player in the espionage world.

But I was sadly disappointed to learn that the first 8
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Beguiled (Enlightenment, #2)
  • Gentleman Wolf (Capital Wolves Duet, #1)
  • Introducing Mr. Winterbourne
  • Mature Content (Cyberlove, #4)
  • Unnatural (Enlightenment, #4)
  • Mr. Winterbourne's Christmas (Winterbourne, #2)
  • Provoked (Enlightenment, #1)
  • Enlightened (Enlightenment, #3)
  • Heart of the Steal
  • A Gathering Storm (Porthkennack, #2)
  • P.S. I Spook You
  • On Point (Out of Uniform #3)
  • Risky Behavior (Bad Behavior, #1)
  • Rule Breaker (Mixed Messages, #1)
  • Coach's Challenge (Scoring Chances, #5)
  • Call the Coroner
  • Wheels Up (Out of Uniform #4)
  • Single Malt (Agents Irish and Whiskey, #1)
I love fun, sexy books, taking pictures of my cats, 90’s grunge music, saving animals, long baths and See’s chocolate suckers. I also enjoy hanging out in Minneapolis coffee shops with my awesome writer husband. I’ve worked a surprisingly large number of waitressing jobs, and have also worked in a plastics factory and the advertising trenches. My garden is total bee-friendly madness. I also write ...more

Enemies with Benefits (2 books)
  • Enemies with Benefits (Enemies with Benefits, #0.5)
“They don’t like it that I’m twice the man they’ll every be and prettier than any woman they could ever get” 1 likes
“Oh, stop flirting and just suck my cock. You know you want to.” 0 likes