Start by marking “Screw You” as Want to Read:
Screw You

Screw You

I, Emma Black, am a nerd. A social outcast. The senior who has avoided the cafeteria for the past two years, ever since I got yogurt dumped on my head.

When the popular girls initiate a plan to humiliate me, I find I’m also naïve. Gullible.

But, I’m also smart in ways they can’t imagine.
It doesn’t take me long to discover that revenge is a dish best served with a smoking ho
Published May 2017

To ask other readers questions about Screw You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Screw You

Elaine Watling
May 20, 2017 rated it liked it
This book is a quick fun read, it only took me just over 1 hour to read it. It follows the story of Emma Black, she’s a senior in who’s had a tough time at school. She’s a social outcast, she’s had yogurt tipped over her head. She spends time working out how to get back at these nasty girls. We also meet Dane, who’s the schools football star. I was cheering for her and literally thought “up yours” when she gets her revenge.
Tammy Coffey
Aug 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
High school bullies - check.
Sweet but hot guys - check.
Shy girl getting the best revenge - check.

This book is a must read for all the people who wished they could've landed the best revenge on the bullies from school. You get drawn into the drama, you connect with the characters, and you feel their emotions - their embarrassment, their elation, their joy and their victory. I'd read Kasey Millstead again and again.
Chrissy
Jun 03, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2017

This novella had so much potential, and was a very, very quick read.

I really enjoyed the plot and the characters, but we really didn’t get any depth in this story. Emma was bullied and only had her one friend Lexi, but when Dane, her crush starts to show interest in her, things get interesting for her. This is where things feel extremely rushed for me. All of a sudden Emma’s life turns around and things are going great for her, and then BAM the book is ove
Whoo Gives A Hoot
May 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
* Read more of my reviews at Whoo Gives A Hoot *
16779996_424694524540054_281417525_n
Screw You is my first Kasey Millstead book and I have to admit I liked every second of it. This was a relatively quick read that I devoured in under an hour. Although some parts were rushed I thoroughly enjoyed it and would love to see the author expand it into a full length novel. Overall, it was a good read that I would certain recommend and I totally plan on checking out some of her other stuff!
Jessica
May 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
This review is going to be brief because I don't want to accidentally give any spoilers.

When I read the blurb for this book, I guess I missed that it was a novella. Basically, by the time I realized that I was just about finished. I was a bit disappointed because I liked the premise and would have enjoying getting to know the characters better.

Anyway, Emma is the quintessential awkward teen that is being terrorized by the mean girls of her school. However, their latest prank ends up turning out
Christy  (CaptainReadsALot
May 17, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2017, nope
Based on the blurb, I thought there would be so much more to this story. Based on the cover, I assumed we'd have new adult/contemporary.

This story was about an unsupervised teen in high school doing whatever she wanted, whenever because her parents were on a weeks long 'vacation'. After she's pranked by the mean girls (uggggghhhhhh), the guy who was involved emails her (teens text, y'all) and then they make out and tell each other "I Love you" way too soon.

So. Nope. NOPE. This tiny little nove
FMR Book Grind
May 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
LEEANN'S REVIEW
5 STARS

Ok so this is a short red but let me tell you it pack a serious punch!

Overall it is funny and has a lot of laugh out loud moments but it has a hidden serious subject tone to it.
Emma is a high school student and this book is all about her and the one she wants to be the love of her life.
Their road to even start speaking let alone start a relationship is quite overshadowed but they don’t give up!

This is about the best kind of revenge and how one girl who is a self-professed n
Marie  Brown (Marie's Tempting Reads)
Marie's Tempting Reads ARC Review:

Sassy, hilarious, sexy as f**k and one of the most entertaining and fun romances I read in a while! Screw You is a real treasure. I found it to be extraordinarily outrageous and perfectly sizzling! The characters...you will WISH they were real so you can hang with them..no joke! And when you get a hottie and a nerd together...pure magic.

Screw You is highly entertaining. I loved how much fun I had reading this and the plot..I found completely captivating. I loved
Tracy Lawson
May 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
If your looking for a quick fun read to pass an hour or two then this is the book for you

I enjoyed this little novella especially with bullying being huge everywhere it's nice to read a lighthearted version that still sends a message.

Emma was a character for sure sweet, funny and kind a bully's ultimate target and Dane was the star footballer hot guy who every bully wants for themselves, but in this instance he saw through the bitches to the good kind sweet girl and you've got to love him for t
Becky Rendon
May 12, 2017 rated it liked it
Screw You is a quick hit. I finished in under an hour- it truly is a short novella. It's a thumb in the nose at all the snarky witches...(sure, "witches") from high school.

It had so much potential but it really felt like it was rushed. I think it could be expanded to a full novel if the author was inclined. But sometimes a quick hit is what you need and the outcast in me appreciated the revenge aspect. Too bad there wasn't more...(That might be the bitter "witch" in me coming out)

reviewed for N
Busy Bees
May 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Star Rating - ****

I love love love this short from Kasey Milstead my only problem it ended way too soon. This is teen angst dram at its best and when you couple it with a new adult angle this book gets a high 4 stars from me. Told in single point of view this is Emma's story, and whilst the focus is Emma and Dane's fledgling relationship for me it was Emma and the interactions with her best friend Lexie that stole the show I loved the way that they had each other's backs no matter what.

Hattie Be
Katie Rios
May 22, 2017 rated it liked it
This was a cute little read. It was just OK though. It's only like, 80 pages long, so things move WAY quick, which is kind of sad considering how much I wanted to read MORE. I feel like Dane came out of NO WHERE and then BOOM, in love. It was way too fast for me, and I just wanted more of it. It was funny and charming, and I think if it had about 100 more pages at least, it would have been really great.
Dawn
May 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I'm not a fan of novellas by themselves, but I decided to try this one because it sounded really good & I like Kasey's novels. I was certainly not disappointed. Kasey had me drawn in from chapter 1. I loved the connection between the characters. They were very believable & fun to read about. I felt bad for Emma but karma kicked in & put a huge smile on my face. If you want a short fun read, check out this one. It'll make you want more of Kasey's books.
Megan Lowe
May 17, 2017 rated it liked it
I voluntarily received an advanced review copy of this book and chose to review it.

I felt this book was a little rushed. Everything just kind of smacked you in the face. There was no build up, it was just bam! I also,felt the blurb was misleading. I believed the book was focused on revenge when the events of the book were simply good timing and good luck. It was a quick, entertaining read but not a favourite. Sorry.
Charlotte ~BookObsessionConfessionsBlog~
I don't even know.....

It was like one of those cringy teen romances I used to watch, and not the good kind.

This book had so much potential. The cover made this girl look like some badass who gets her ultimate revenge. Boy, was I disappointed.

1 word to sum up this entire book- pointless. Or 2 words - car crash
Heather andrews
May 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was a quick fun read, Dane had Emma pegged right from when he met her and I loved it, "he knocks on the door and an involuntary shriek escapes my lips. He chuckles, rich and throaty. “I can hear you, Emma. Open the door.” I seriously enjoyed this quick read.
Sieera
I love if this book is longer. Too short and the storyline was too rushing.
Helen  Clark
Jun 27, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great short read

This was my first read forbthis author and even though it was short i thoroughly enjoyed the story line it s good to get revenge on bullies
Sara ✨ Next Book Review Blog ✨
Screw You was my first book by Kasey Millstead. I was happy with it! It was a very light and quick read… like I finished it in an evening. Although, I didn’t go in knowing it was a novella. I actually would have liked more. I really liked Emma and found myself rooting for her. I’m going to try and be vague here… I wasn’t exactly sold on the ending. There was an event; we’ll say, that I wasn’t sure how it happened. I get the happily ever after and all that but Emma’s total “Screw You” moment just ...more
Jo
May 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A DELICIOUS LITTLE READ.

I enjoy these reads in between longer ones. I have found this one wickedly good. I love when Kasey goes out of her norm and goves us such fun standalone stories, Great Job, really loved this book.
Holly Ivans
Gabriella
rated it it was ok
Nov 01, 2017
Stephanie
rated it did not like it
Nov 22, 2017
Kasey Millstead
May 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Tracy
May 28, 2017
« previous 1 3 next »
Kasey Millstead is a wife and mother of four children. She lives in a picturesque location in country New South Wales, Australia.

Kasey is the author of the #1 bestselling Down Under Cowboy series. She is also the author of The Steele Investigations series, Fighting to Stay and Illicit Desire.

When she is not busy writing, racing around after her children and husband or trying to avoid doing housew