Start by marking “Rat Queens, Vol. 1: Descaro y brujería” as Want to Read:

Rat Queens, Vol. 1: Descaro y brujería

(Rat Queens #1)

4.09  ·  Rating details ·  35,330 ratings  ·  3,284 reviews
Contiene: Rat Queens #1-5! USA

Alcohol y setas alucinógenas, espadas y magia, sexo y una buena pulla… estas son las cosas favoritas de las Rat Queens, cuatro aventureras que te sacarán de apuros, o te meterán de lleno en ellos. Os presentamos a Hannah la maga élfica rockabilly, Violet la luchadora enana hipster, Dee la clériga humana atea y Betty la ladrona pizca hippy.
Published March 30th 2017 (first published March 26th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Rat Queens, Vol. 1, please sign up.
L. McCoy Geared towards adults but I’d recommend it for 15+ because honestly, standards then are probably not gonna be much different when they’re 18 and…moreGeared towards adults but I’d recommend it for 15+ because honestly, standards then are probably not gonna be much different when they’re 18 and anyone with the maturity of a 10+ year old isn’t gonna kill people, sleep around or do drugs just because of a book. (less)

·  35,330 ratings  ·  3,284 reviews

Patrick
Mar 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've been hearing about this comic for a long while, and now that I finally got a copy and read it, I can see what all the fuss is about.

So... yeah. I want all of this all the time. Can we somehow make this happen?
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
For mature audiences only! I totally loved this novel and have placed the next 3 on my Amazon wish list. These women are cool and bad to the bone 😄

Mel ❤
April (Aprilius Maximus)
THIS WAS SO GREAT. SUCH DIVERSITY. SUCH VIOLENCE. SUCH MAGIC.
Shelby *trains flying monkeys*
The Rat Queens!

I've been searching down this book from the local library. One minute they have it..then somehow it disappears, but thanks to my lovely friend Kat I got approved by Netgalley to read this. Yay Kat!

This might not be the graphic novel with the most consistent story-line but you know, sometimes you just don't care.
It has ass kicking women characters!!

Beating the shit outta bad guys!

Fun! and more Fun!

and I just really liked it. So there.

I received an arc copy of this book from Ne
Regan
Mar 27, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
hilarious
Nat
Mar 16, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was a little hesitant going into this one, but I needn't have worried because Rat Queens was exactly what I was looking for after finishing Blue Lily, Lily Blue.
This graphic novel had me from the start with the name, the logo, and the concept. I really enjoyed the time I spent reading it.
There was humor, badassery, lots of adventures, and the commentary was outstanding.

In this volume we follow a group of booze-guzzling, death-dealing battle maidens-for-hire, and they're in the business of ki
Lola
description

This compilation of the five first chapters of the Rat Queens series had some fun scenes and entertaining characters, but overall the story is something that simply did not trigger anything inside me.

I won’t lie, before checking the ‘‘Best Graphic Novels & Comics’’ Goodreads nominations, I have never heard of this. Neither would I have been very intrigued and curious of reading it, even if I had. But, whenever there is a book that is nominated for something, I always feel the need to see for
Samantha
Apr 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novels
This is such a fun graphic novel series! Rat Queens follows a band of all lady Dungeons and Dragons-type adventurers who fight monsters, make trouble, and frequent the pub. This is going to be a great series for fans of RPGs, as there are so many references to video game and D&D mechanics. It's as if the series is winking and nodding to RPG fans. Even if you aren't an RPG player, this series has so much for everyone. The Rat Queens are a varied band, with women of all sizes, races, and sexua ...more
Carmen
"Did you seriously pack candy and drugs for dinner?"

This was amazing. I'm seriously over the moon on how many feminist graphic novels are being published nowadays.

You'd better not call it feminist, Carmen, you'll scare people off.

Oh, okay. How about carnage, creative swearing, drugs, sex, and squid gods? Does that sound better? You can easily read this and never think about feminist theory if you don't want to. Happy now?

Ecstatic.

As I was saying, this is definitely NOT for kids. I mean, I know m
Jan Philipzig
I did not much care for plot and characters during the book's first half. A bunch of young female fantasy characters designed by male creators to be perceived as emancipated based on their cooler-than-thou attitudes and on their ability to commit "manly" acts of senseless violence, I thought. Not my kind of feminism.

In the book's second half, however, the female protagonists are further developed and become much more likable and engaging, a shift in tone that also opens up new opportunities for
✘✘ Sarah ✘✘ (former Nefarious Breeder of Murderous Crustaceans)
Jan 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to ✘✘ Sarah ✘✘ (former Nefarious Breeder of Murderous Crustaceans) by: Kat Stark

See these girls right there ↑↑↑↑↑ ?

Well you know what?
I'm in love. With all four of them.

Coolest mercenaries ever. Why? They're mayhem-inducing badasses. I don't care if there isn't much of a plot here. I wouldn't even care if there was no plot at all. Wherever these Queens go, I want to tag along.

Damsels in distress begone! These girls will kick the knight in shining armour's ass in less time than it takes to blink.

A typical day in the life of a Rat Queen usually involves:
Killing anything f
Keith
Jun 24, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Gah, I dunno internet. I know y'all love this book but blech, it just did not sit well with me. I don't even know what exactly I'm looking for from a book with an all-female cast that kicks a lot of violent tail -- I mean, it's one thing when a book like Danger Girl is out there demonstrating what gratuitous fanboy cheesecake is really all about, and lord knows that even a book like Tank Girl (which I think is pretty rad) has totally questionable ethics and motives. And you know, the Rat Queens ...more
Melki
Jun 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"Why is it wherever there's a Rat Queen, someone gets assaulted or a building gets destroyed?"
A concerned citizen

description

'Cause shit just happens sometimes, that's why.

As punishment for excessive barroom brawling, the Rat Queens are sent to clear some pesky goblins out of a cave. Whoa! Look out, gals! It may be a set-up. But who would want these lovely ladies dead? Whoever it is had better disappear, because the Queens are now out for revenge. Bloody, bloody REVENGE...

description

This was just a big ball of fun. Th
Donovan
Jan 31, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: literally no one
Shelves: nope
It's commendable that two men, one writer and one illustrator, have set aside their shallow teenage perversions to create a complex narrative with dynamic characters who run from place to place killing things and indulging in near fatal bouts of homoerotic viking hedonism. Much like Thor, but without all that “fluffy” mythology and altruism. Populating this story are naked women who only know how to joke about dicks, drinking, and getting high, which of course provides valuable life lessons, an ...more
Melanie
Where has Rat Queens been all my life? Seriously, this was spectacular, especially for someone who has played D&D campaigns that have lasted years! I was instantly attached to all four of these women, and they became my little babies and I wanted no harm to come to them!

I will say that is not a PG book by any means! Go into this knowing that there will be swearing, drinking, drug use, and sex, lots of sex.

So who are the Rat Queens?

We have Betty, the cutest little drug dealin', candy addicte
Alienor ✘ French Frowner ✘
Jan 29, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Alienor ✘ French Frowner ✘ by: Kat Stark

Damn. That was full of awesomeness. I needed it.

Awesome fact #1 : Girl power guys!

I can't stress how much I enjoyed meeting this bunch of mercenaries. Indeed each and every one of them brings something captivating and hilarious to the story :

Dee refuses the so-called God worshipped by her family.

Betty thinks candies and mushrooms are great dinners and shows Sherlock's vibes sometimes.

Violet is ... you know, this girl whose best friend is her sword? Meet Violet.

Hannah is just plain a
Kaora
Dec 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I wasn't going to do a review but...

Meet the Rat Queens. A mercenary band for hire that puts the sexy back in wholesale slaughter.

Seriously this book was awesome. It has been a while since I've enjoyed myself this much in a comic book, but this one had me laughing out loud and reading snippets to my husband, who enjoyed it as much as I did.

Read it!

Unless of course you are offended by one of or all of the following:
-Strong Females
-Sex
-Public Drunk
Jokoloyo
Oct 14, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If you want tales about SUPER FUN bad-ass female heroines, these Rat Queens are beyond Xena. The fantastic violent actions are not for children, but surprisingly I found them light hearted. I've never winced seeing the art of violence of RQ comic books.
RQ_gory

If you happened at first read from in the middle of comic book, the arts and setting of this series at the first glance similar with AD&D or other medieval fantasy comic books. It is the characterization that distinguished this series from oth

As some of you, LadiSean in particular, might know; I VERY recently joined a Dungeons & Dragons adventurer's quest. And as should be of little shock to anyone I chose an Elf as my alter-ego. A druid cleric named “Acaedia” to be exact. I AM LOVING IT!

Rat Queens takes place in a world not all too different from my current world of Dungeons & Dragons, and as such caught my attention and my sqeetastic love right from the get go.

Badass female adventurers?! Where do I sign??

I loved all these
Sh3lly (grumpybookgrrrl.com)
OMG I LOVED THIS! I think this is my first 5 star rating of 2015.

This is so right up my alley. It's about a kickass group of girls who call themselves the Rat Queens. They generally do nothing but get up to mischief (fighting, drinking, tripping out on magic mushrooms, the usual). But at their core, they are true friends and just searching for the same things we all are - love, friendship, money to pay the bills, alcohol, good sex...

It's got:

✔ Girl power
✔ Friendship
✔ Family
✔ Magical creatures
Sam Quixote
Mar 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Firmly set in the fantasy realm of magic and dragons, our heroines are: Hannah the Elven Mage with Amy Winehouse hair, Violet the Dwarven warrior (who’s shaved her beard off), Dee the human cleric who doesn’t believe in the gods her parents worship, and Betty the Smidgen thief, a teeny tiny girl with the ability to quaff major amounts of beer and ‘shrooms. Together, they are the Rat Queens, a band of mercs who quest hard and play hard!

Except the playing has gotten out of hand lately in the town
Shannon (leaninglights)
So funny and loved seeing realistic female body types! These ladies are kick butt and I loved them all - jumping into Vol 2!
Erica
Well, this was ok.

It had some good:
-Primarily female characters
-Females kicking butt and getting butt kicked. Equality, ftw!
-Humor
-Adventure, gore, and trolls!
-Diversity!
-It's got some pretty cute cuteness.

It had some bad:
-The four lead women are less women than they are partying Peter Parker, sensible Clark Kent, dwarf Hulk, and bitter Bruce Wayne (or the TMNT) only with boobs, probably-vaginas, pretty hair, and shapely bodies.
-Oh, stereotypes, what would we do without you?
-Lots of girl-on-girl
Norah Una Sumner
description

I am crushing real hard on Violet and Hannah,to be honest. Aggressive humor, kick-ass female friendship, ladies who don't give a shit about what others think about them, some pretty cool action scenes and awesome guys too - Sawyer and fucking Orc Dave with his bluebirds of healing. What more do you need? Magic? Well,you can bet your sweet ass there's magic in here too. Realistic body image? You can check that one off the list as well. Different sexual orientations? Hell to the yes. I loved readi
Alex Ristea
It's done. It's decided. Rat Queens is my new favourite graphic novel.

Who are the Rat Queens? A pack of booze-guzzling, death-dealing battle maidens-for-hire, and they're in the business of killing all god's creatures for profit.

When I got started in this medium, I made the unwise decision of picking up Saga, Volume 1 first...and well, everything else hasn't even come close since.

But now there's this, and I love Rat Queens so much that I can't even write a coherent review.

The characters shine i
Markus
Aug 18, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Markus by: Alexa
Shelves: 2014, fantasy, comics
Rat Queens, Vol. 1: Sass & Sorcery takes place in the small town of Palisade and is a humourous tale of monster-slaying mercenary gangs, involving mostly violence and killing and drinking booze. Lots of booze. And lots of violence too.

The main characters are Hannah the Elven mage, Violet the Dwarven fighter, Dee the Human cleric and Betty the Goblin thief. Together they form the merry band known as the Rat Queens, and spend their time fighting monsters in the outskirts of the town and gettin
☆☽Erica☾☆
Ooooooo this was delicious and delightful.

Wendy
Mar 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
And a copy for you and a copy for you... I swear if I had the money, I would be flinging copies of Rat Queens at eeeeeverybody. As it stands, only a few of my precious babies will be getting an Amazon mailbox surprise soon, and I'd already pre-ordered my copy from my not-so-local comic book story. But thankfully, NetGalley let me partake of this glory early in exchange for an honest review, which basically goes like this:

Why the hell aren't you reading Rat Queens already? #FLAIL

But seriously. Yo
Elizabeth
Mar 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this world, I love these women. Me and Violet are bros. <3
Jacqueline
Oct 30, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My first EVER graphic novel :)
World, Writing, W...: Anyone read Rat Queens? 1 2 Sep 06, 2017 11:04PM
Gotham's Book Club: ♡ Rat Queens ♡ 1 2 Dec 31, 2016 11:26AM
She-Geeks: June 2016 Read: Rat Queens, Vol. 1 8 33 Jun 27, 2016 10:06PM
BooktubeSFF Awards: This topic has been closed to new comments. Rat Queens Vol. 1 - Best Graphic Work (2015) 31 90 Aug 16, 2015 04:59AM
Madison Mega-Mara...: #104 Rat Queens by Kurtis J. Wiebe 1 3 Aug 14, 2015 10:19PM
  • Lazarus, Vol. 2: Lift
  • Princeless, Vol. 3: The Pirate Princess
  • The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl, Vol. 3: Squirrel, You Really Got Me Now
  • Red Sonja, Vol. 1: Queen of Plagues
  • Pretty Deadly, Vol. 2: The Bear
  • Lumberjanes, Vol. 4: Out of Time
  • Lumberjanes, Vol. 6: Sink or Swim
  • Velvet, Vol. 1: Before the Living End (Velvet, #1)
  • The Autumnlands, Vol. 1: Tooth and Claw
  • Mockingbird, Vol. 1: I Can Explain
  • The Wicked + The Divine, Vol. 2: Fandemonium
  • Sex Criminals, Vol. 2: Two Worlds, One Cop
  • Princess Ugg Vol. 1
Kurtis Wiebe is a Vancouver, Canada based author who’s been established in the world of comic writing since 2009. For his contribution to the critically acclaimed Green Wake, Kurtis was presented with the Outstanding Comic Book Writer Shuster Award.

Never satisfied with a specific style of writing, Kurtis has branched out to novels, videogames and screenplays. He spends his days at home, writing ab

Rat Queens (6 books)
  • Rat Queens, Vol. 2: The Far Reaching Tentacles of N'rygoth
  • Rat Queens, Vol. 3: Demons
  • Rat Queens, Vol. 4: High Fantasies (Rat Queens, #4)
  • Rat Queens, Vol. 5: The Colossal Magic Nothing (Rat Queens, #5)
  • Rat Queens, Vol. 6: The Infernal Path (Rat Queens, #6)
“This is my party. This book. The book is good. It asks no questions. The book lets me engage it on my terms.” 27 likes
“She had it coming. No one calls my friends cunts but me.” 1 likes