Start by marking “After the End (Search and Rescue, #4.5)” as Want to Read:
After the End (Search and Rescue, #4.5)

After the End

(Search and Rescue #4.5)

For fans of sexy, brooding ice divers

ebook
Published April 24th 2017 by Sourcebooks Casablanca

Start your review of After the End (Search and Rescue, #4.5)
♥Rachel♥
Free novella!

Short, but very satisfying epilogue for every one of the couples of the Rocky Mountain Search & Rescue series! I just read it with a big happy smile on my face! Perfect ending for all! Thank you, Katie!
♥ WishfulMiss ♥
Jul 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: epic-epilogues
Short and sweet epilogues for all four couples of the series.

One adorable marriages proposal, one surprise wedding, one baby bump and a look at a happily ever after in progress.

I would have given it a five star rating but the epilogue for my favorite couple (Daisy and Chris) didn’t feel like much of an epilogue tbh. It was sweet but not the kind of ending in an epilogue that I’m looking for. I’m happy I got a bit more of them but I’m greedy and wanted so much more for them, lol!
Catherine (The Sassy Bookster)
Perfect little novella to catch me up on all my favorite characters!
Coco.V
FREE on Amazon today (2/24/2018)!

For fans of sexy, brooding ice divers
The end is just the beginning.

What happens after happily ever after? Now that the murderer has been caught and the arsonist is behind bars, the town of Simpson, Colorado has returned to its sleepy, picturesque former glory. Yet for the heroes of Search & Rescue, work is never done...

...especially not if the
Miranda (MrsLeif's Two Fangs About It)
This was a nice way to catch back up with my favorite couples from this series! After the End was a fun and adorable way to see the lovable couples from the previous books. All fans of this series need to pick this up!

4 / 5 Fangs

MrsLeif's Two Fangs About It
Facebook
Twitter
⚜️Trea
This was a collection of epilogues to each of the stories in the author's Search and Rescue series. Billed as "slice-of-life" novellas, they made for quick and easy reading, though they all seemed largely unnecessary. Unfortunately, there's not much to recommend or not recommend here, but I do appreciate the author going to the effort of "closing out" each story like this!
CD {Boulder Blvd}
For those who read the Search and Rescue series, this is a nice update of what the main characters are up to. And it provides a nice sneak peek at the first book in the next series. Looking forward to reading this next series!
Sophia
Apr 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Oh how cool is this! I wasn't expecting to find a neat little long epilogue to the Search & Rescue series, but there it was just in time to get readers jazzed for the author's new K-9 Rescue series. A brief drop in with all four couples to see how they are fairing in romantic mountain bliss left me smiling and sighing.

This is a freebie extra that caps off the end of the Search and Rescue series and gives an introductory teaser to the first of the Rocky Mountain K-9 Unit series. I enjoyed how
Kelly
Jun 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I have SUCH a soft spot for those "after the HEA" moments. Given that this series thrilled me from beginning to end, this epilogue collection completely hit the spot. We got some thrilling heroics (with absolutely ZERO headless dead bodies), some heartbreakingly romantic gestures, and a glimpse of the heroes in the next KR series.

Basically, I'm in literary heaven.

(Keep this to yourself, but George and Ellie are my favorites. Now and always. George's silences and his reasoning for not engaging in
Vfields Don't touch my happy!
This was four tiny waves goodbye to the characters in this series. I loved it and I want to thank the author for final peek.
Varied Books
Apr 24, 2017 marked it as on-kindle-to-read
4/24/17 freebie
Sapphyria
Aug 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
After the End is a collection of short story epilogues for each of the books in the Search and Rescue series. Each story provides a glimpse into the lives of each of our favorites couples. I enjoyed catching up with each couple.

Please note that the short stories only take up half of the free ebook. The rest of the book sets the stage for book 1 in the author's new series, Run to Ground (Rocky Mountain K9 Unit, #1). We actually meet one of the heroes from the new series in one of the short
Julie Miller
Aug 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was a lot of fun. A chance to catch up on Ruggles' Rocky Mountain Search & Rescue series main characters. Very, very short novels--a chapter for each couple, telling the next big development in their story (wedding/proposal/baby/pets). It probably wouldn't mean much if you haven't read the original books, but if you have, they were a quick, enjoyable addendum to their stories.

Plus, they saved the dogs. Can't go wrong with that, in my book. ;)
Abra
Oct 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a collection of short stories about the characters in the Search and Rescue series. They're awesome! Even Theo from the Rocky Mountain K9 Unit has a cameo.

Each story is warm and interesting. My favorite was the story with Callum and Lu. They're one of my favorite couples.
Didi
I so need closurefor this series after that ending! ;-)

---updated4/25---
Cute stories. Too short, each one. But still ... CUTE!
Amanda
Apr 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Yay more Search and Rescue characters! This was a fun peek into life after, from the POVs of all our heroes. And we even got a peek at one of the characters from Ruggle's forthcoming series.
☕️Kimberly
Jul 03, 2017 rated it liked it
Nice follow up but 1/2 of book is excerpt
Lucy Dosch
May 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Rating: 3 1/2 stars

What a nice bonus to the Search & Rescue series and set up for the next. If you read the series, this is a free digital bonus which is available at most retailers.

This is just a quick review since the information listed this as 180 pages, but it was much, much less than that for the story and I don’t know how much is an introduction to the new series. I have a review copy so I am not starting this yet.

After The End simply gave us a last look at the four couples we met in
JoAn
May 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
After the End by Katie Ruggle is a great novella that gives all of the Search and Rescue series fans just a little more insight into our favorite characters and their lives.
It was a fun afternoon read and I can't even begin to pick a favorite because it was so much fun to read about each couple just one more time. Thank you, Ms. Ruggle, for giving me just a little more time with the Search and Rescue couples in Simpson, CO.
Angie
Jun 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
Synopsis: "For fans of sexy, brooding ice divers
The end is just the beginning.

...especially not if the extraordinary women if
Marcia
Some books start out slow, but not one by Katie Ruggle. From the first chapter, the characters are already involved in an adventure. The day starts out easy enough, with rescue dive team diver, Derek Warner, being punished for a practical joke, by the dive team leader, Callum Cook, with providing a presentation to a group of elementary school kids. The presentation goes almost immediately awry, when one boy starts annoying one of the girls, who then dares him to walk on the ice of the frozen ...more
Jackie
Thankfully this author has given us another chance to spend time with Callum and Lou, Ian and Rory, George and Ellie and Chris and Daisy. As happy as that made me the chance to also get a sneak peak into next series is another perk as well that am looking forward to enjoying next.

The newest series came out in June and the first book Run to Ground has a few chapters to read after Chris and Daisy's short, tense story. Their story is where we meet the first of the K9 officers, Theo Bosco, as well.

Cheri
Aug 26, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle
This is a really sweet wrap-up of the four couples who had their stories told throughout the Search and Rescue series. As much as I found this story fun and interesting, if you haven’t read this series you will not get much out of this story. Another note, I’m pretty sure it’s not anywhere near 180 pages long. This is how it’s listed, but there’s a sneak peek at the first 8 chapters of Run to Ground. So the story itself is actually closer to 100 pages.

Basically what this book comes down to is
Mojca
***eBook available for free on Amazon***

They each found their happily-ever-after in their books, now Ms Ruggle brings us their "second epilogues". Engagements, surprise weddings, puppy-napping and pregnancies, rockslides, and a brand new, surly character to herald a new series (which I'll certainly read).

Lighthearted moments mixed with some sadness, happiness folded in with just a dash of danger, these epilogues were fun to read (one of them even better than the book—which wasn't difficult).
It
Karen Voitik
Jan 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
>Book review – After the End

>I am an independent reviewer. This is the 2nd novella and last book in the Search & Rescue series and gives an epilogue for the previous 4 couples. The fun dialogue and relationship quirks are all present in this huge epilogue. There are more characters in this search and rescue universe, so I was sad to see the author is leaving these characters and moving on to a new series. I can’t wait for the new series, but I want more of this series also.

>As
Oct 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
I'm pleasantly surprised that there was another book after that 4th one.

It satisfied my need to know what happen with the relationship with all of the characters, except Ellie and George. Trying not to spoil it, I will say that I felt their story was completely unfocused on them until the very end. While I liked the surprise, I REALLY wanted more. Probably because I like their story so much better than everyone else in the whole series.
Midniteandwolvesyahoo.com
Good read

I was happy to read about each couple from each book. It was nice to know what happened once they found each other. I really enjoyed this series. Now I was reading about the K-9 Viggy, Theo and Jules. Now with the cliff hanger it left now I have to read it as soon as I can buy it, can’t wait.
Renee Sturgill
Jun 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sweet Finish to an awesome Series!!

I loved this short sweet ending to these wonderful couples. I love how they each got a happily ever after and how they are growing and moving forward with each of their relationships. Some are getting married, others are having children and others are learning to live life on the outside again.
Book Lover
Jun 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Thank you to the author for making this round up book free.

It was great catching up with the 4 couples from this series. All 4 short stories are very appropriate to the individual couples' personalities.

It is a bit deceiving though. The 4 stories make up only a small percentage of the book. The rest is a preview of the upcoming new series.
Suzie Weber
Dec 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent epilogue.

Thank you Katie. I wish more authors would give us a small peek into the “happily-ever-afters. Now I would like a 3 years, 5 years, 10 years later. I am envisioning workouts at Daisy’s to be more of a play group.

Also included is the first part of the first book in her new series. We met Theo about 4 pages before this epilogue was finished.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Extreme Honor (True Heroes, #1)
  • Absolute Trust (True Heroes, #3)
  • Ultimate Courage (True Heroes, #2)
  • Total Bravery (True Heroes, #4)
  • Experimenting with Ed (Human Design, #1)
  • Total Control (Alpha Crew, #4)
  • Hidden Impact (Safeguard, #1)
  • Colder Than Sin (Cold Justice: Crossfire, #2)
  • Stone Cold Heart (Tracers #13)
  • Hot as Hell (Deep Six, #0.5)
  • Built to Last (Black Knights Inc., #12)
  • Hard to Come By (Hard Ink, #3)
  • Hot Pursuit (Black Knights Inc., #11)
  • Light Parade (Detective Lottie King Mystery Short Stories #3.5)
  • Irresistible Force (K-9 Rescue #1)
  • Hard to Hold on To (Hard Ink, #2.5)
  • Cold & Deadly (Cold Justice: Crossfire, #1)
  • Hard as You Can (Hard Ink, #2)
A fan of the old adage “write what you know”, Katie Ruggle lived in an off-grid, solar- and wind-powered house in the Rocky Mountains until her family lured her back to Minnesota. When she’s not writing, Katie rides horses, trains her three dogs, cross-country skis (badly) and travels to warm places where she can scuba dive. A graduate of the Police Academy, Katie received her ice-rescue ...more

Search and Rescue (4 books)
  • Hold Your Breath (Search and Rescue, #1)
  • Fan the Flames (Search and Rescue, #2)
  • Gone Too Deep (Search and Rescue, #3)
  • In Safe Hands (Search and Rescue, #4)