Start by marking “Blank Canvas” as Want to Read:
Blank Canvas

Blank Canvas

I loved to draw and paint, throwing those spectacular colors across a blank canvas and turning it into something unique. Young, carefree, with the world in the palm of my hands. The options limitless.

My world ended the night the door creaked open. It was their first of many visits. Life as I knew it went blank. It became a survival game and counting my only solace to get t
Published May 15th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Blank Canvas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blank Canvas

Start your review of Blank Canvas
Diane Holtry
May 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-or-blog

Charlie Lee continues to set the bar high in stories where Opposites Attract.
Doctor and Junkie cross paths and can't escape the magnetic pull that draws them to one other. Meeting in unfortunate circumstances can't keep them from finding what is meant to be but the road is bumpy, long with many curves and obstacles standing in their way.
This book forced me to question my own moral compass. How strong is yours? Can anything make it bend? Shatter it? Never say never .. if yo
Louise Roach
May 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Zeke and Amelia's journey is great!

We originally met Zeke in The Hitchhiker. This is a companion novel to that and can be read as a standalone, but if you read the Hitchhiker first you will get a better glimpse into the other characters. Or read the Hitchhiker afterwards... either way!!

I was hooked to this book from the very first page, and even though the first chapter is pretty horrific (yes I really did clutch myself and grit my teeth reading that one bit!!), it really sets the scene for the
Debbie
Jul 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
We met the hero of this story in The Hitchhiker and I was thrilled to get Dr. Zeke Hartley's story. He lost his sister too young and in a horrible way which fueled his desire to devote his life to helping save others. Amelia was happy and beautiful. She had a wonderful life which ended the night her bedroom door opened. For years she suffered at their hands until finally she snapped and ran. Living on the streets, sex and drugs became her new way of life. Then fate steps in and Zeke is there to ...more
Randi
Aug 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Ok this book is not for anyone with triggers.. Rough subject done well. Ready for Brick now.....
Wendy W
Aug 14, 2017 rated it liked it
I gave this book 3 stars because I could not stay "into it". While I felt bad for Amelia and her past, I could not get past the age difference between Zeke and Amelia. It is a journey about recovery and I feel like this author did this well. I thoroughly enjoyed her other book the Hitchhiker. I didn't dislike this book but I just did not like it as much as the other.
Stefanie Kral
Jul 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
✯✯5 BlueBird Stars!!!✯✯

If you're wondering if when I finished reading The Hitchhiker did I jump right into this book. Then, yes! Yes, I did and I loved every page and every word of Blank Canvas .

When I read The Hitchhiker I was intrigued and wanted to know more about the sexy doctor who put his job on the line for Katch and Caitlin. I wanted to know what made him do what he does.

Amelia hasn't had the easiest life. She's seventeen and just about to graduate and head off to college. It s
Tiffany Willams
May 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing

"Bluebird, fight hard, and you'll fly into a new direction in life."

I have never in my life read a story so raw and breathtaking at the same time!!

After reading Charlie Lee's debut The Hitchhiker, I knew their second book would be nothing short of a masterpiece!

Amelia is an extraordinary character!!
From the prologue alone, you fight for her. You want justice for the life that was taken away...even though she's still breathing.
Even at her lowest point in life, her beauty and strength shine throug
Chrissyvs
May 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
From the first sentence of this AMAZING book, I was hooked!! I had already read the first book in this series called The Hitchhiker. So I knew I loved the writing style and the unique story line of The Hitchhiker.....I had NEVER read another book like it before, or loved it SO much! So I gotta say I was SO EXITED to get my hands on Blank Canvas!! BUT if I thought I loved the first book, the second book was just as GREAT!
I had met Zeke in the first book, BUT I fell in love with him in the second!
Joy Novel Thoughts
May 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Take any preconceived notions you have from the first book by Charlie Lee and put them away. This book isn't the same at all... although you have character crossover, it's a whole different story from what I was expecting.

I thought that this story would have kind of be a long the same line as the first (and it is to an extent) this story is much much darker. There is a trigger warning and honestly, even if you don't have this trigger it may give you nightmares and you probably won't ever fully g
2OCC Reviews
May 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: jessica
I loved the first book by this author. The hitchhiker was one of those books that totally draws you in with the plot and characters do their job and keep you addicted. I was so excited to read blank canvas!

Zeke was amazing. So caring and seeing him fight what he feels, but then give into it anyways, it was beautiful. He's everything I had hoped he could be wrapped up in one fine package.

Amelia was so strong. Yes she hit her rock bottom but she got to the peak of her mountain and it was so beaut
Kristina Montigny
May 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book and was so excited Zeke got his own book. This is definitely not easy to read, as some of the content is very dark. I was definitely cringing while reading certain parts of this book. I really enjoyed book one, but I loved this one so much more! The story line was great and I just didn't want to put the book down.

Amelia is one tough cookie! All the things life threw at her and she's still standing. Zeke is this amazing man that doesn't do things with ulterior motives. He does
Reviews from the Heart (Kimberly Anne)
I'm going to be honest here, I went into this book with reservations. After reading the debut from this duo, Hitchhiker, I was a little on the fence about book two. But, Zeke!!!

This story is very different from the first one, and I really enjoyed it. Zeke and Amelia meet under the worst of circumstances. But out of tragedy comes a special friendship. Zeke is patient, kind, loving and willing to fight for Amelia. Literally! I loved that natural progression of their relationship and how Zeke real
LettyT
Aug 17, 2017 rated it liked it
No doubt about it, the past of the heroine, Amelia, aka Bluebird is sad. She had a horrific childhood. These things do happen in real life, unfortunately. Zeke, whom we met in The Hitchhiker is certainly Dr. Hottie Pants for sure. He's a protector, a good soul. His career as a well respected doctor is earned.

All that being said, I just couldn't connect to the characters. I really wanted to love them, I really did. I just felt the writing fell flat. I think it's because this new duo of authors ha
Angela James
May 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
5 Phenomenal Stars! Mind blown! An all consuming masterpiece....gritty, dark, edgy, angst ridden, are all words I'd use to describe this book but also compassionate, sexy, smart, funny....oh wait, was I talking about the book or the man?! Holy cow, it doesn't even matter. This man, my man, Zeke and this book both are unforgettable. The lines all blur when it comes to Amelia aka Bluebird for him. This story had so many twists, turns, ups, downs, highs, and lows that it will most definitely keep y ...more
Kasey Sullivan
May 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
**trigger warning**
This book is not easy to read. My thoughts right from the start was how could someone let that happen? (Not the victim but the bystander)

Always remember... YOU HAVE A CHOICE!!!

This was a different read for me. A little out there at times but maybe humans can truly give without something in return.

Zeke and Amelia just clicked together and found a way to find the beauty on the inside and not just the outside physical appearance.

It was nice to read about the inner struggles of
Ashleigh Wilson
May 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Charlie Lee has done it again! Blank Canvas is everything! These ladies have such a way of humanizing their characters to make you feel every ounce of emotion, torment, love, passion and hope right along with them.
Amelia's story isn't for the faint of heart. She's lived in hell for a good part of her life, battling her inner demons. But it's Zeke, her saving grace, who helps her heal herself and realize her true potential.
I really loved this story. I loved Amelia. I loved Zeke. And of course, I
Sarah Pie
May 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Blank Canvas is a dark, raw, and emotional ride that will have you anxiously flipping the page to find out if Amelia is strong enough to overcome the demons of her youth.

If you read The Hitchhiker you might remember Dr. Zeke Hartley aka Dr. Hottie. He sees something in Amelia that most don't and becomes her support system against the waves that are threatening to pull her under and back to her life of darkness.

I loved this book. I loved the chemistry between Zeke and Amelia. And I loved seeing
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
May 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: loved-it
This is a companion novel to The Hitchhiker and can be read as a standalone. However The Hitchhiker is so good and you definitely should read it.

I inhaled this book from start to finish. I could not put it down. I was so happy that Zeke got his own story. I loved Zeke and hoped he'd find the happiness he deserved. Amelia has been through so much its heartbreaking. Zeke is so good for her.

If your looking for a really well written gritty and angsty story then I highly recommend this read.
Althou
Abigail Davies
May 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
I have to start by saying that I love Charlie lee!!!!
After their first book, I knew I had to read every single thing they release!!
We meet Amelia while she's in the middle of addiction and struggling to be herself. The start of this book is dark and I loved that!!
Zeke... from the moment we met him in the last book I couldn't wait to hear his story!
This book is a rollercoaster of emotions and I would recommend it for sure!!
I was rooting for Amelia right from the start!
Book provided in exchang
Lynne Garlick
Feb 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I think this book broke me in the beginning! Lord above, what Amelia had experienced before that alleyway would be enough to destroy somebody......but then THAT!! My heart shattered......and then Zeke, Dr Zeke Hartley we met in The Hitchhiker, he is Brick's brother and they suffered a tragic loss and at first he sees this as his chance to save this young lady but then it becomes so much more. As the story and their connection evolved, I felt my heart being pieced back together, little by little. ...more
Becky Wise
May 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing

I love this writing duo. Blank Canvas is amazing and draws you in from the very beginning. You had a little taste of Zeke "Doc" in The Hitchhiker and in Blank Canvas he does not disappoint. Hello doctor hotness. I love Amelias strength and how she fights through all she goes through. Zeke and Amelia are a perfect match in this one. They heal each other. Such an amazing book and I can't wait to read what this duo has up their sleeves next.
Veronica LaRoche
This book was incredible, it made be sad to read everything that happen to Amelia and was glad that Zeke was there for her and safes her. It will break your heart reading what happen to Amelia but when she is with Zeke his Bluebird, it is sweet and seeing how innocent she really is. I was excited to read more about Zeke and of course I wasn't disappointed. I loved the characters and the story that once I started reading I couldn't stop. I'm hoping that Saxon gets a book next
Heather.S
Aug 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Hands down- straight up 5+ stars. This book was what I needed.

Be warned- it has several triggers and cringeworthy moments, mainly just the beginning. I was cringing and wanting to skim but didn't obviously. Not necessarily a dark read, just starts with an understanding of what Amelia has been through.

Regardless, I loved them both but Zeke was an amazing hero and Amelia was a good heroine that had to go through so much. Now on to Brick... I have a nervous feeling for that man!
Ri
Aug 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Holy hell.

This book. I can't even.. I read the blurb thinking, "oh this will be good." I had no idea how good. It was dark. It was beautiful. Sweet Amelia. My heart hurt for what she had been through. If ever there was a heroine that deserved to soar it was most definitely her. Zeke was amazing in his desire to make sure she did.

This book made me believe that no matter how tumultuous the journey is that there is always the chance to start over on a blank canvas.
Razan
Apr 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
#Bluebird
#DR.Hottiepants
#OMG

This Book is wealth .. it's mean everything .. it's unlike any other books because it's not just a novel it's also like the humanity development and as long as i hate the humanity development because i hate dictate me to do or not to do #BUT this book is fabulous its teach and learn every woman every girle that raped and abused by people like stepfather and stepbrother of Amelia how to be strong how to have the power and life isn't ended up yet and there light of th
Natasha
May 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a beautiful story! I am in complete awe of these authors on how they wrote this book. Amelia has a struggling past and how she was written, my god she is more than a hero in my eyes. Zeke is beyond the best doctor I have read in awhile.

GO GET this book! Loved every single page of this book.

Go find my full review on etheljo.com
Brynne Hounsell
Jul 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Emotionally Rivoting

Emotional story that has you mesmerized on the first page. You will want to put it down but you can't because you have to keep reading. It will draw you in and keep your eyes glued to the page. Zeke is a strong hero. Amelia is an emotionally distraught heroine but you want to route for her, you want vengeance and you retribution.
Boricuagal
Jul 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Damn

This book gutted the crap out of my emotions. My heart bled for Amelia but was put back together by Zeke. The theme of this book was darker and more disturbing than Hitchhiker but the beauty of love and the kindness of good people still prevailed.

Totally recommend this book.
Chelsey
Aug 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
All the feels

So I thought the first book was amazing, and it was! But this book takes you on an emotional roller coaster!! Strong women, territorial men.... what else could you want!?
Stacy Jo
May 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
So when is Brick's story coming out? Holy puppies can't wait to read more!!!

• Mercy
  • The Flight of Hope
  • Lucky Number Eleven (Exposé, #5)
  • Bad Penny
  • The Brightest Sunset (The Darkest Sunrise, #2)
  • Show Me the Way (Fight for Me, #1)
  • Whispered Prayers of a Girl
  • The Outskirts (The Outskirts Duet, #1)
  • The Darkest Sunrise (The Darkest Sunrise, #1)
  • Twisted Twosome (Binghamton, #3)
  • Follow Me Back (Fight for Me, #2)
  • My Best Friend's Ex (Binghamton, #2)
  • Swink (Landry Family, #5)
  • The Last Guy