Start by marking “Sugar Pine Trail (Haven Point, #7)” as Want to Read:
Sugar Pine Trail (Haven Point, #7)

Sugar Pine Trail

(Haven Point #7)

An unlikely attraction brings comfort, joy and unforgettable romance this holiday season!

Librarian Julia Winston is ready to ditch the quiet existence she's been living. She's made a list of new things to experience, but falling for Jamie Caine, her sexy military pilot neighbor, isn't one of them. Julia's looking to conquer life, not become the heartbreaker's latest conque
Published September 26th 2017 by HQN Books

♥Rachel♥
Oct 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Julia Winston is the town librarian with a secret long-time crush on sexy pilot Jamie Caine. She never imagines that he’d look at her twice, but when a friend suggests he rents the upstairs level in her large, historic home, and they can’t help but bump into each other. When two kids, eight and six-year-old Clint and Davy, need her to take them in, Jaimie steps up to help wrangle the boys, melting Julia’s heart in the process.

Jamie is surprised by the attraction he feels for the demure, uptight
Ami
Aug 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-books, romance
Sugar Pine Trail is Jamie Caine's and Julia Winston's story. Julia is the Haven Point's librarian. Jamie is the lead pilot for Caine Tech company jet fleet, second-youngest Caine brother and number five in line. Jamie needs short-term place to stay for six weeks while his condo is being finalized. Julia, who now owns her family house after her parents passed away, ends up agreeing to rent the upstairs apartment to Jamie.

Julia has been having crush on Jamie for a long time. When Jamie arrives in
Kathryn
4.5 stars. Review to follow.
Jacob Proffitt
While this is part of the Haven Point series, you probably don't need to read those before this one (though the one with Aidan starts off this series and that one wouldn't hurt). It's frankly more useful to have read the Hope's Crossing series first as most of the Caine siblings feature there. None of those play a huge role in this one, but it is nice to know details of the people you come across in this story.

I really liked the first half of this story, though I could see the problems start eve
Priyanka
Oct 02, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Check out http://abooklionshideaway.blogspot.in/ for more reviews.

I discovered this author earlier this year when I read Serenity Harbor and I am so glad I did because I am enjoying reading her books. Sugar Pine Trail is the seventh installment in the Haven Point series but it can be read as a standalone. We meet Jamie and Julia in the previous books briefly and I called this couple as soon as I met the characters, so I was happy to read their story.

Julia was very nice, she was just a sweetheart
Amy
Sep 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
This is the seventh book in the Haven Point series, I jumped in at book six with Serenity Harbor and have been bummed that I didn’t get in on the ground floor of this one. These books are SO sweet, I love how each one focuses on a new developing romance but there are appearances from previous characters in the subsequent books, that’s always so fun. I know I’ll never have time to go back and read the first five books, but I’ll definitely be following it from here on out.

Julia is the town librar
The Lit Bitch
Oct 11, 2017 rated it liked it

Yes I know it’s a little early to be thinking about holiday reading. Every year, I swear that I will hold all holiday related reviews until at least November so I can reserve October exclusively for crime fiction, thrillers, and mystery reads.

However, some how a book always manages to grab my eye and I end up sneaking at least one holiday book in well before my November holiday kick off.

This book sounded like a charming holiday romance and sometimes you just need a little holiday cheer
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

If there is one thing I know about RaeAnne Thayne is that she can create a wonderful Christmas story and she has done it again. Sugar Pine Trail is a holiday hit that combines a small town setting with all their holiday community traditions, two adorable children that are in need of fostering, a swoon worthy hero, and an ordinary heroine that really isn’t quite ordinary. Jamie Caine and Julia Winston may appear to not belong together but looks can be deceiving, and only love can see how very rig
Bookphenomena (Micky)
SUGAR PINE TRAIL can only be described as a lovely story. It was very easy to read and get lost between the pages. It has a timeline from Thanksgiving to Christmas so it is perfect for a seasonal read.

Jamie was the ultimate commitment-phobe, almost a bit frustrating in this but he had lots of pluses. He was a pilot, kind, great with kids and came with an awesome family. Jamie seemed to have a well-earned reputation with women and the looks to go with it.

"Up close, Jamie Caine was, in a word, br
Susan
Very good book with a roller coaster of emotions. The story opens with Julia, a shy, quiet librarian, watching nervously as the person she has rented her upstairs apartment to arrives. Her gut feeling is that she has made a terrible mistake, as it is none other than Jamie Caine, local heartthrob and the man she's had a crush on for years. But she is determined to take charge of her life and not let her fears hold her back.

Jamie is the corporate pilot for Caine Technologies and spends his days fl
Siobhan
Sep 25, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Earlier this year I read Serenity Harbor, the sixth book in the Haven Point series. Instantly, I found myself madly in love with RaeAnne Thayne’s storytelling and I wanted more. I wanted to go back and read the prior Haven Point books, I wanted to read the next Haven Point book, and I wanted to dive into the other books the author has written. Fortunately, I didn’t have to wait long before I was able to dive into Sugar Pine Trail, the seventh book in the Haven Point series.

If the truth is to be
booksofallkinds
Oct 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
SUGAR PINE TRAIL by RaeAnne Thayne made me smile and made me shed a tear, but most of all it gave me that wonderfully warm and happy feeling that only a Christmas romance can give you!

Julia Winston has always lived her life for other people - caring for her parents before they passed, and helping out anyone that may need her. Wrapped up in her job at the library and her old family home, she keeps love and romance at a distance ever since that one time when she was younger. But when her best frie
Grace {Rebel Mommy Book Blog}
Sep 20, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
Review
What a lovely holiday romance!!! I enjoyed this book so much more than I anticipated. While a predictable romance the setting and characters really made this such a great read.

First, I can almost never resist a librarian as an MC. Julia was such a great character who somewhat fit into that stereotypical uptight, single, stuffy librarian. But through that you can that she was much more than that. Also, she had a big heart and it was hard not to root for her the entire story.

Then enter the
C.
Wonderful, perfect,5-star, feel-good-read! Characters you will love, with no nasty villains. Kept me smiling except for a few lump-in-my-throat scenes. There is one non-graphic sex scene near the end. Such wonderful, wonderful characters, and a really precious story. :D
Danita
Sep 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love returning to Haven Point. It's such a cozy town. I love the people of the town. I've been waiting for Jamie Caine's story. I loved that the heroine was a meek librarian named Julie Winston. She was your typical librarian. Julie had some confidence issues and has always had a crush on Jamie but never thought he would be attracted to someone as plain as her. Little did she know she ignited a spark in Jamie who showed a tough exterior but truly had a softness to him that he kept hidden becau ...more
Cathy
Nov 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Hahahaha, this is probably, most definitely, objectively not a 5-star book. But I don't care because JAMIE CAINE.

I admit, I liked this book most of all because I've had my own crush on Jamie (I'm with you, Julia!) ever since he first showed up or was mentioned in RaeAnne Thayne's Hope's Crossing series. So I was biased from the start and that never really changed, because:

1) JAMIE CAINE

2) Julia is me and I am Julia. Barring a few differences, we really are remarkably similar which meant that I
Marlene
Sep 22, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Originally published at Reading Reality

It may only be September, but welcome to the first holiday book review of the year!

And we’re back in cozy Haven Point in this follow up to Serenity Harbor and my personal favorite in the series, Riverbend Road.

Sugar Pine Trail even ties up a bit of the story in Riverbend Road, right along with the series’ ongoing efforts to get all the Caine brothers of Caine Tech matched up with the women they’ve been waiting their whole lives for – even if they haven’t kn
Debbie Oxier
Dec 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A fantastic Christmas story. Jamie Caine was a pilot for his family's business. He decides to rent Julia Winston's upstairs apartment when his condo isn't ready for him to move in. The local librarian isn't anything like he first thought and he doesn't count on falling for her. And the two little boys she's temporarily fostering are so much fun to be around.

Julia knows Jamie Caine's reputation and has no intention of getting involved with him no matter how charming and good looking he was. When
Terri Wino
Nov 23, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: year-2017
All the mushy feelings for this one! What a sweet holiday season story. I loved the characters of Julia and Jamie. Throw in two little boys needing a home during the holiday season, and I just knew this one would tug on the old heart strings.

I say this every time I finish a RaeAnne Thayne book -- she writes the best heart-warming books that just make you feel good. This one was no different. Loved it!
Suzanne (Under the Covers Book blog)

3.5 STARS

Librarian Julia Winston lives a very sedate and quiet life in the big old house her parents left her. Until that is the man she has been crushing on moves in as her lodger over the Christmas season. Her tactic of avoiding him until he moves out so he doesn’t figure our her embarrassing crush comes to a halt though when she fosters two young brothers who have no where else to go. Now her old house is full of life and laughter…and maybe even love, but will Julia be willing to step outsi
Christi Snow
Sep 19, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My Review:
Aww, this book made me cry (and I was finishing reading it in the middle of a group of parents waiting for kids at gymnastics, so it wasn't exactly an opportune time to be bawling over a book). So, yeah...crying is an automatic recommendation from me. A book with characters that will move me to that point is a really well developed and written book.

So, this book...first of all...for book lovers everywhere, this one features a librarian as the heroine. And Julia is a bit of a stereotypi
Heather
Sep 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Thank you to Little Bird Publicity for sending me a free copy of the book in exchange for my honest review.

Sugar Pine Trail releases Sept. 26th 2017 and I recommend you buying a copy. However my next request will be a little odd. Once this book is purchased I want you to let it sit, don't touch it. As a reader we all face reading slumps. Gosh they are no fun. I want you to hold off on this book for your worst reading slump because it will pull you out of it so fast! ReaAnne Thayne is a new autho
Steph's Romance Book Talk
This story was out of the normal formula that I have come to find with RaeAnne Thayne stories and I must say that I really, really enjoyed the unpredictability of it. Julia is the town librarian that everyone fears will turn into the town spinster since her mother's death. Jamie is the smoking hot pilot that needs a place to live while his condo is being finished away from his family due to his past. Jamie rents a room from Julia, Julia reaches out to two little boys that need a helping hand. Th ...more
Bette Hansen
Sep 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A fantastic book with an emotionally charged story that kept me turning page after page.I really enjoyed both of these characters and the growth as people they both experienced. Julia is the quiet, reserved librarian who is ready for something new in her life. Living alone in a huge house just isn't working anymore. She has no idea how much her life will change this holiday season. First she rents her upstairs apartment to carefree Jamie Caine. Then she finds herself the temporary care provider ...more
Katie Bishop
Words cannot decribe what I have read in this book. amazingly written. there needs to be more people like Julia in this world and more people like Jamie who would support the Julia's. best book I have read so far. such a roller-coaster of love, heartache and caring. it will bring a tear to your eye. I'm sooooo in love with is book.
Chris Conley
Oct 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love RaeAnn Thayne’s books. She takes us into her world and lets us meet wonderful people who care about each other in lovely ways. Each one is better than the one before it. Yea!!
Christi
Feb 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle
I think this book in the series is the one that I relate to the most so far. I really enjoyed the blossoming of the main character, Julia and her relationship with EVERYONE. The boys, Clint and Davy were so well written as they dealt with the horrible hand they had been dealt. And Jamie. Oh, Jamie was just perfect.

One of my favorite things about this series is how every book basically jumps ahead 6 months and alternates between Christmas & 4th of July (where the town of Haven Point has huge
Lark of The Bookwyrm's Hoard
3.5 stars Heartwarming Christmas romance featuring two nice but slightly wounded protagonists and a pair of adorable young boys. Longer review to come.
Peggy
Jul 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A wonderful Christmas time story of second chances and love of all kinds.
Jaime and Julia could not be more different on the surface but beneath it they have much in common. The two abandoned children round out this tale and give it a heart of it's own.
Play Book Tag: Sugar Pine Trail by RaeAnne Thayne -- 3 stars 2 11 Dec 06, 2017 04:52PM

• Mistletoe Miracles (Ransom Canyon, #7)
  • The Christmas Wishing Tree (Eternity Springs, #15)
  • Home for Christmas (Sanctuary Island #4)
  • The Christmas Room
  • Snowfall on Lighthouse Lane (Honeymoon Harbor, #2)
  • Together for Christmas: 5-B Poppy Lane\When We Touch\Welcome to Icicle Falls\Starstruck
  • Blame It on the Mistletoe
  • The Chesapeake Bride (Chesapeake Diaries #11)
  • Mistletoe Cottage (Harmony Harbor #1)
  • The Lodge on Holly Road (Life in Icicle Falls, #6)
  • Carolina Man (Dare Island, #3)
  • Sleigh Bells in Valentine Valley (Valentine Valley, #5)
  • The Heart of Christmas (Whiskey Creek, #7)
  • A Fairytale Bride
  • Maybe This Christmas (O'Neil Brothers, #3)
I'm not one of those people who knew from birth she was destined to become a writer. I always loved to read and throughout my childhood I could usually be found with a book in my hands. To the disgust of my friends, I even enjoyed creative writing assignments that made them all groan. But I had other dreams besides writing. I wanted to be an actress or a teacher or a lawyer.

Life took a different t

Haven Point (10 books)
  • Snow Angel Cove (Haven Point, #1)
  • Redemption Bay (Haven Point, #2)
  • Evergreen Springs (Haven Point, #3)
  • Riverbend Road (Haven Point, #4)
  • Snowfall on Haven Point (Haven Point, #5)
  • Serenity Harbor (Haven Point, #6)
  • The Cottages on Silver Beach (Haven Point, #8)
  • Season of Wonder (Haven Point, #9)
  • Coming Home for Christmas (Haven Point, #10)