Start by marking “Best Vegan Science Fiction & Fantasy of 2016” as Want to Read:
Best Vegan Science Fiction & Fantasy of 2016

Best Vegan Science Fiction & Fantasy of 2016

liked it 3.0  ·  Rating details ·  4 Ratings  ·  3 Reviews
The best vegan science fiction and fantasy stories of 2016.

Twelve stories of mysterious aliens, unusual pets, messages from the future, witchcraft, and much more. And what's more, they're all vegan friendly! No skipping over the ugly parts; there are none. Just interesting ideas, good stories, and great writing!

Stories include:
My Dog is the Constellation Canis Major - Jar
Published April 22nd 2017 by Metaphorosis Books

To ask other readers questions about Best Vegan Science Fiction & Fantasy of 2016, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Best Vegan Science Fiction & Fantasy of 2016

Wendy
Jun 17, 2018 rated it did not like it
Kelly
Jun 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
They're Good Stories, Brent.

(Full disclosure: I received a free ebook for review through NetGalley.)

"I hate to think how things would have been if that dog had gone to a shelter. I wonder what the workers and volunteers would have done when the little guy started to expand like unspooling Christmas lights, impossibly bright, tangled in the shape of dog. It hurts my heart to picture that loving collection of cosmic bodies crouching in a kennel."
(“My Dog is the Constellation Canis Major” by Jarod
Lauren Rev
Jun 15, 2018
Karen Anderson
Apr 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
These are vegan-friendly stories, many of which have appeared in the excellent new online magazine Metaphorosis. I particularly recommend Kelly Sandoval's "Small Magics," which beautiful subverts the trope of the chosen child swept from their home by wizards.

Disclaimer: I'm one of the authors in the anthology, with the science fiction tale "Rowboats."
TJ Burns
May 10, 2018
Melanie
is currently reading it
Jul 14, 2018
B. Morris Allen grew up in a house full of books that traveled the world. Nowadays, they’re ebooks, and lighter to carry, but they’re still multiplying. He’s been a biochemist, an activist, and a lawyer, and now works as a foreign aid consultant. When he’s not roaming foreign countries fighting corruption, he’s on the Oregon coast, chatting with seals. In the occasional free moment, he works on hi ...more
More about B. Morris Allen