Start by marking “Sick Like That” as Want to Read:
Sick Like That

Sick Like That

(Alessandra Al Martillo Mystery #2)

PI Marty Stiles was shot and paralyzed and is now in rehab, trying to decide whether to fight to recover. Meanwhile, his agency is being run by two women: the street-smart and savvy Alessandra Martillo, who’s the muscle, and Sarah Waters, a naïve, single mom, new to the job but who quickly becomes the brains. Though the two women grew up only a few miles from each other

Published June 6th 2017 by Witness Impulse (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Sick Like That, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sick Like That

Sam Reaves
Aug 17, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I've been talking up Norman Green ever since I discovered him; this street-smart Brooklyn writer is doing great work. This one brings back his tough-as-nails female P.I. Al (for Alessandra) Martillo, star of The Last Gig. The title comes from Al's anger at her fellow women for putting up with the crap men deal out to them day after day. "[Women] can't do what they need to do, always making up excuses. We're sick like that". Not to worry-- Al Martillo doesn't put up with crap from anyone.
Roxanne
I just finished reading Sick Like That by Norman Green. This was one of my random picks off the new release shelf at the library and, although my response at first was not positive, I actually came out enjoying the story.

The story revolves mainly around Alessandra Martillo and Sarah Waters, two very different women who take over some sort of investigation agency after the PI Marty Stiles is shot and paralyzed during a job. Alessandra (Al) is, in the nicest way possible, a bitch from
Susan
Apr 26, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fasten your seat belts--you're in for quite a ride. Tough Al Martillo and divorced mom Sarah Waters are running a private eye agency while the owner, retired cop Marty, is deciding whether to fight this paralysis. The routine jobs are simple, but when Sarah's ex-husband mysteriously disappears, Al goes after him while Sarah tries to find the missing, estranged, stepson of a wealthy woman who is dying of cancer. Meanwhile, the women are being followed by a couple of guys who look like they come f ...more
Kim
Jul 16, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013
Learned more about Al, one of the main characters, than I did about the other main character, Sarah. Gave more of a description of Sarah's ex-husband than of Sarah. Not a real in depth story, but an interesting concept.
Jayw
Brooklyn hardscrabble Alessandra Martillo and industrious single mom with self esteem issues Sarah Waters take over PI agency and find themselves sucked into the middle of a murder with national security implications by Sarah's loser ex.
WillowBe
May 07, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Can't wait to find the first one and read it. Action oriented kick ass females without paranormal features or superpowers? Alright! Next best thing to the anti-heroine in Kim Armstrong's Exit Strategy, Except this woman i snot an assasin.
Bonita C. Fraley
Jan 03, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great book. I loved how the author took my traits and personality and split them between the two female characters. :)
Susie
Feb 14, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: adult, mystery
This book read like a debut novel. It was somewhat disjointed and erratic. Transitions were rough. I did like the main character - Alessandra Martillo.
ASAP
Jun 13, 2019
Kim
It was a good book but was also a interesting book to read and I enjoyed reading it every much.
Babyjenks
Kristina
Jul 30, 2016
Lydia E Winters
Jan 14, 2018

Norman Green reports this about himself: "I have always been careful, as Mark Twain advised, not to let schooling interfere with my education. Too careful, maybe. I have been, at various times, a truck driver, a construction worker, a project engineer, a factory rep, and a plant engin

Alessandra Al Martillo Mystery (2 books)
  • The Last Gig