Start by marking “Killing June (Saved by Sin #1)” as Want to Read:
Killing June (Saved by Sin #1)

Killing June

(Saved by Sin #1)

SEDUCED BY PAIN
At night I’m June, the perfect picture of dominance, delving out seduction only some can handle. I drown out my clients pleads, and push down my own craving for the hot, searing blow of the cane. I loathe this part of who I am, of who I must be, but there’s no escaping it. I know I need her, but I can’t help wanting June dead.

By day, I’m Alex Ryan, the good,
Published July 4th 2017 by Macmillan

To ask other readers questions about Killing June, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Killing June

Start your review of Killing June (Saved by Sin #1)
Mindy Lou's Book Review
Jun 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017, dark
4.5 Stars!

Wow! I really do love when a story exceeds my expectations. I'm not a huge fan of BDSM but I've never let that stop me from reading a book with it. I've learned I can still enjoy a story despite it. What I wasn't expecting, was to enjoy every bit of it. I'm not sure how this author did it. In fact, I think it was necessary to the story. After reading it, I can't imagine a better way to express June.

I hesitate to say more because I truly don't want to spoil the story. This book was in
May 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book is ridiculously hot. So, so, so very ridiculously hot. Even when it shouldn't be. Fast paced, well-written, and sexy. Highly recommended.
Tori
Originally posted at SmexyBooks-http://smexybooks.com/2017/07/review-...

Killing June wasn’t at all like I expected though I’m not complaining. This author’s debut dark romance is far more nuanced and layered than I suspected; highlighted by a cast of intriguing and flawed characters who live in the gray area between right and wrong. More than just a BDSM themed erotic romance; it is a journey of one woman’s self-discovery as she learns about forgiveness, salvation, and redemption. Bridges does a
Sissy's Romance Book Review
Jul 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Killing June May Bridges 4.5 Stars'Killing June' by May Bridges is the First book in the "Saved by Sin" series. This is the story of Alex (June) and Cade. This is not your everyday romance and has some dark tones to it. Cade isn't your usually white Knight but he is for Alex. Cade is allot of things and one is a gun for hire....he is also a very dominate and protective person. Alex is a professional business women by day with a job as she says has health insurance and a 401K plan. But by night h ...more
Mandi Schreiner
Aug 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: bdsm
A very well done erotic book - BDSM but ---- different too. Really enjoyed this. Read Tori's review at Smexy - she is the one that rec'd it to me and she sums it up well

Wit & Wonder Books
Jun 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
***ARC provided by author for an honest review***

As I sit and finish Killing June by May Bridges, I am still contemplating it. Wonderfully told darker romance that has you second guessing the different persona’s that is Alex Ryan.

Alex by day is a successful business woman, but by night she turns into the confident and alluring June or Ms. June to some. She loathes herself as June. Her dark past is what has put her in her secret apartment with paid men who beckon her thanks to Robert, an old f
P Leslie
Jun 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
*I voluntarily read a review copy of this book. All opinions stated are solely my own and no one else's*

This is the first book I've read from this author and I wasn't left disappointed. Killing June was dark, sexy, yet disturbing and I enjoyed every second of it.

Alex (aka June) is haunted by her past and has serious commitment issues. The author captured her tortured character very powerfully throughout.

Cade was sexy, dominant yet caring. He knows about June but doesn't judge or treat her like
C bond
May 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
netgalley

love this book, already read it twice.
Lauren - SERIESous Books
DNF'd at 63% (middle of Chapter 15)

**I received a copy of this book from the publisher via Netgalley. All opinions are my own and not influenced by my source.**

This story has all the right ingredients for a sexy and suspenseful dark romance, it just didn't have the blend I was looking for. (But I'm sure it will hit the mark for other readers).

Fans of BDSM or darker contemporary erotica will love the chemistry between Alex and Cade. It's there from the start and only intensifies as the story prog
patrick Lorelli
Jul 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: crime-mystery
By day Alex Ryan is a successful women, but at night she is June, a women who lives by the whip and does so to men who pay her to be a dominate as she dishes out pain. This all changes one night when Cade Brennan a hired enforcer comes for one of her clients. Cade likes June and she likes Cade. This begins a time when she must go into hiding because her boss, the one that she works for at night does not like and does not want her to be around him. There is a lot going on in this story, form her ...more
Wine&BookLover42
Jul 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Saved by Sin: Killing June
By: May Bridges
I was asked by the author or publisher to give an honest review of this book.
I give this one 5 tiaras:

May Bridges has made an amazing book of a woman trying to learn how to understand and deal with who she is inside and out. This is a book about Alexandria and June learning how they are one in the same and how they make each other.
This book kept me so entwined that I could not put it down, it has highs and lows, steaminess and iciness, and it has ye
Pennie Morgan
Jul 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I was captivated from the beginning of this dark and sexy book. Alex has compartmentalized herself into so many different versions of herself she is practically lost but all she really knows is she definitely wants and needs to kill June. Ms. June is the dominatrix who does not allow men to touch her though she craves the pain of the whip. June meets Cade while waiting for her client and the next night Cade and his associates break in and kidnap her client. Cade is intrigued and WOW just WOW! Fa ...more
Prone to Crushes on Boys in Books
Jun 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-drc
4 Stars......Alex/Ms.June, Acquisition Manager by day, dominatrix by night. I had the book for a couple of weeks before I read it and I had forgotten what it was supposed to be about, so I went in blind. It did not make any difference, I was hooked from beginning to end.

Alex is trying to kill her alternate persona. Dark secrets took her to the self-destructive place she's in. Robert, her "friend", is determined to keep her there. Cade Brannon, freelance muscle intends to bring her out of the dar
Dana Alma
May 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Killing June explodes on to the scene! The first of the Saved by Sin stories leaves quite the taste for the unexpected and tantalizing. Killing June delivers readers into a thralldom, brimming with secrets. Alex and Cade are a wonderful pairing. Bridges delivers flawed characters that take us on a journey. I look forward to more.
Misty (Reds Romance Reviews)
Jun 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Alexandria is a woman with dark little secrets, secrets that have her delving into a world that she isn't too proud to be a part of, but she can't escape it. A friend put her in this position, and for a long time she thought he was doing right by her, but really all along he was using her and deceiving her... and now she wants revenge. But she can't do it alone, good thing she has a sexy man waiting in the wings dying to be her protector...

The moment Cade meets June (Alexandria) he is instantly
Gigi staub
Jul 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-netgalley, arc
SEDUCED BY PAIN
At night I’m June, dominating with the whip, even as I crave the hot, searing blow of the cane, myself. I loathe this side of who I am, but I can’t deny it or escape it. And as my clients cry out for me, begging for mercy, I can't help but want June dead.

By day, I’m Alex Ryan, the good, successful Southern woman everyone thinks I am. I’ve compartmentalized my life to make it bearable, and to get what I want most: revenge. I can have a future with June dead, as soon as I confront t
Leah
I'll start with a disclaimer: this book contains strong adult content that may be unsettling to some readers. Let's just say if it were a TV show, "viewer discretion" would definitely be advised.

With that said, I loved that this is a romance about a flawed, damaged woman who ISN'T looking to be saved by a man. Instead, she actively strives, time and time again, to save herself. Yes, part of that process involves opening herself up to love, but Alex and Cade's story is no fairy tale, and I apprec
Jami
Jul 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
<3 STEAMY HOTNESS AHEAD.

Really, this book had my attention from the first line of that blurb. The rest of the book didn't let me down either. June/Alex has so much tension, and Cade is dark, sexy, and utterly swoon worthy. The BDSM element in the story is hot, and it's clear there's mutual respect in there, something all too often missing in kinky scenes. The connection between them is delicious. Definitely an author to watch!
Tammy
Jul 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I was hooked from beginning to end. The story is fast-paced with lots of suspense and drama. The characters are amazing and the sex is hot. I loved it!
May Bridges
May 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Thank you.

Thank you to everyone that read and reviewed. I truly appreciate your time. I hope you fell in love with these characters the way I did, and I can't wait to share Sean's story with you in Binding Hope.
Jeannie Zelos
Jul 06, 2017 rated it really liked it

Killing June, A Dark Romance, (Saved by Sin 1), May B. Bridges

Review from Jeannie Zelos book reviews

Genre:  Romance, Erotica.

I enjoyed this book, a sensual romance with a very interesting story-line.
I'm always interested when the BDSM side of a story comes with a psychological angle and here June exists to help Alex cope with her past. Is it June that needs the pain or Alex?
Alex wants to leave June behind but she's tangled up with some dangerous characters and its not an easy decision.

Alex
Jen
Jul 24, 2017 rated it liked it
I really wanted to love this one, but it was just okay for me. The beginning was great; the ending was rushed, but still good. I really can't remember a lot of the details in between though. I felt as though things just dragged on in the middle of the book and it lost some steam after all the hype of the beginning. I'd give the sex 5 stars though - the chemistry between Cade & Alex was off the charts hot.

Although this is dark erotica, it's not nearly as bad as some dark erotic/romance books, bu
Francoise
Jul 03, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc, 2017-reads
Alexandria has two lives. During the day, she is Alex, a hard working business woman who feels successful and accomplished in her job. At night, she is June, a dominatrix who thrives on pain. She is a troubled and broken heroine, ashamed of herself. June is the embodiment of everything dark and toxic in her life. She feels her addiction to the rougher side of kink is a defect. She keeps very dark things hidden inside herself but let Robert, her questionable best friend, use her for money, sellin ...more
ItsAboutTheBook
Jul 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: holly
Review can be read at It's About The Book

This was a tough read for me with a lot of dark events and dark injuries. I enjoyed it partly for the struggle–l just kept hoping that things would work out or change for Alex. Part of it was excruciating because of the heroine’s self-esteem and because of the evil that consumed another character–it just made me sad. Luckily, I was ultimately uplifted at the end.

Alex fostered a tough facade at work. She was an acquisitions manager–basically a shark lo
Shay Williams
Nov 14, 2017 rated it really liked it

I very much enjoy reading dark fantasy but when I started this book, my first thought was that this book was way too dark for my tastes. But then I got to know Alex. I started to care for her and the different parts of her personality and I wanted to see her accepting all the aspects of herself.

And then there was Cade. He saw all of Alex and accepted her. He tried to put her back together. His line of work might be dark but at his core, Cade is a very good man.

I do recommend KILLING JUNE to m
Beanimous
Nov 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
A wonderful wonderful book, insightful, deep, emotional, sweet, passionate and refreshing.

I think one of the reason why I like this book so much is that this book is different in a wonderful refreshing way.

5 stars all the way, this is a beautiful book. I can not believe this is the first book by this author, please keep writing, don’t ever stop. Her book will be “one one-click” buy for me that’s for sure.

***** spoiler alert*****

On a side note, certain details in the book were not made clear, and
Jenny Ferguson
Jul 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Okay, BDSM is not usually my thing, she says, before telling you she liked the novel!

There is plenty of heart here and plenty of power on both sides. While I found some of the plot to be a bit much (mostly Robert's character), Alex/June's voice carries you across and asks you to suspend your disbelief. Romance-wise there is so much heart here, and healing!! Oh and it's super hot too. Like ouch I think I've burnt myself hot!! If BDSM is your thing, or if you love the dark side of kink, or even i
Reading Lady
Jul 23, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great story

Although there are a few typos, the story was well written. This story has it all...good guys, and bad guys, thriller, romance, some bdsm. I really liked how the author wrote the bdsm between the H and h...always consensual. While there were some non-consensual bdsm scenes, it was part of the thriller story line and it wasn't overdone. The main characters were well developed and all in all it was a good read. If you enjoy romance stories with a some kink and some thrills and conflict
Susan
Feb 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I don't normally write reviews but this one deserved it. I could not put this book down! I found myself sneaking to read it on my phone, at work. It was so addicting and I was DYING to see what happened.

There were some things I found confusing (I won't go into it) but overall, I really enjoyed this book and can't wait to see more from this author. My friend introduced me to this book and it was well worth it.

• The Girl in Cabin 13 (Emma Griffin FBI Mystery, #1)
  • Show Me What You Got
  • Paradise Valley (Virgin River, #7)
  • The Girl Next Door (Emma Griffin FBI  Mystery Book 4)
  • The Girl in the Manor (Emma Griffin FBI Mystery, #3)
  • The Girl That Vanished (Emma Griffin FBI Mystery, #2)
  • The Girl And The Deadly Express (Emma Griffin FBI Mysteries, #5)
  • Forbidden Falls (Virgin River, #8)
  • Wild Man Creek (Virgin River, #12)
  • Angel's Peak (Virgin River, #9)
  • Harvest Moon (Virgin River, #13)
  • Moonlight Road (Virgin River, #10)
  • Promise Canyon (Virgin River, #11)
  • Bring Me Home for Christmas (Virgin River, #14)
  • Hidden Summit (Virgin River, #15)
  • Necessary Restorations (The Walshes, #3)
  • Blue Beaver (Awkward #2)
  • Southern Gentleman (Charleston Heat, #3)
May is a misplaced Southerner. Even after a decade in Colorado, and another decade in Oregon, she's still letdown when she can't find grits on the breakfast menus. Other than her plans to make fried okra a national food staple, she is busy devouring books from her favorite authors. Rainy days in Oregon are spent inside writing dark, gritty romance, or drawing and covered in charcoal. Sunny days ar ...more

News & Interviews