Start by marking “Zombie Abbey” as Want to Read:
Zombie Abbey

Zombie Abbey

1920, England

And the three teenage Clarke sisters thought what they’d wear to dinner was their biggest problem…

Lady Kate, the entitled eldest.
Lady Grace, lost in the middle and wishing she were braver.
Lady Lizzy, so endlessly sunny, it’s easy to underestimate her.

Then there’s Will Harvey, the proud, to-die-for—and possibly die with!—stable boy; Daniel Murray, the res
Published April 3rd 2018 by Entangled: Teen

To ask other readers questions about Zombie Abbey, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Zombie Abbey

Start your review of Zombie Abbey
Carrie
Mar 16, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
Zombie Abbey by Lauren Baratz-Logsted is a young adult historical horror story that takes readers back to 1920 in England and tosses them into a zombie apocalypse. I’ve seen a lot of comparisons on this one to Pride and Prejudice and Zombies and perhaps that’s true but I haven’t read and/or watched to know the details to it. But that obviously makes this one not really a completely original idea either but being new to me I found it a fun idea to go back in history instead of normally zombie rea ...more
Danielle's
Jan 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Zombie Abbey is the first book of this kind I've read. I know there are quite a lot of this kind of books out there and I was curious. I didn't know what to expect and once I signed up I'll admit I was a little scared to read it.

Porthampton Abbey has similarities to Downtown Abbey. The wealthy family with 3 female daughters; Lizzy, Grace and Kate. A well-orchestrated staff with a butler, footmen, maids and even a cat. The cast is quirky and fitting to the times.

Katherine Clarke is the eldest s
Melissa (The Reader & The Chef)
*This review can also be found on The Reader and the Chef! Huge thanks to the publisher for the review copy in exchange of my honest opinion.*

It's been a long time since I had read a zombie novel and even more, one as entertaining as Zombie Abbey! Reminiscent to one of my favorite TV shows, Downton Abbey, and one of my all-time favorite novels, Pride and Prejudice -- this novel turned out to be a delight to read about from page one!

What I Liked:

I've never been much of a fan of zombies (gore and
Sophia
Jun 09, 2018 rated it liked it
Sheer curiosity had me picking up this book. It blends the popular Downton Abbey setting and characters with a zombie epidemic in a farce that dares the reader not to laugh.

Zombie Abbey offers an Upstairs-Downstairs look at life on an English estate shortly after WWI. An earl, his countess, his mother and her father along with their three daughters and their many servants and the local village welcome guests just as a mysterious and dreadful outbreak begins in the village. The family estate is e
OutlawPoet
Jan 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Yes, it’s true. When you start to read this book, you’ll get a few flashes of Pride & Prejudice with Zombies. But, no worries. This isn’t a carbon copy, so read on!

In Zombie Abbey, Lauren Baratz-Logsted brings us a very clever, funny and heartfelt tale of manners, class distinction, women coming into their own power…and zombies, of course.

Now, you may find yourself a bit put off by a couple of the sisters at first. Please keep reading. They each come into their own soon enough. While I did have
Wendy Higgins
If you enjoy a good tongue-in-cheek mashup of historical British elements meeting modern fantastical ones, this is for you. The people of this wealthy English abbey were full of surprises, and kept me giggling with their diehard aristocratic ways.
Melissa Chung
Jun 29, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: owned
I want to thank Entangled Teen for sending this book to me last year for an honest review. I received this book like I said last year. I picked it up right when I got it, but then I put it down. I tend to do that when my TBR changes. Overall this is a fluff horror novel set in 1920 England....with zombies. 3 stars.

I have to say I did have some objections with this book. The first being the time frame. This is set in 1920. They do talk about a war, I'm assuming its WWI, but the characters feel ol
Aneta Bak
Mar 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley, arc
Zombie Abbey is a short and hilarious read, perfect for fans of zombies and 1920's England.

When Will Harvey's aunt shoots her husband, no one believes her when she tells people that he was most definitely dead, before rising back to life and trying to kill her. When the zombies reach the Clarke estate, everyone must set aside their differences and work together, or they just might end up dead.

After reading the synopsis of this book I knew that I had to read it. I love the time period that this i
lacy
Jan 14, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebooks, arc-copy, 2018, 3-stars, l
A special thank you goes out to Entangled Teen publishing for allowing me to read this eARC early. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

So I didn't love this book but I didn't hate it. It was like a water downed classic. I don't mean that in a bad way. It would serve well as a good intro into classics from writers like Jane Austen. But I found I just couldn't connect with the plot or the characters. The plot meandered and then it just kind of ends with no real conclusion.

I don't want to fill th
Shelley
*Source* NetGalley
*Genre* Young Adult Fiction / Paranormal, Occult & Supernatural
*Rating* 3-3.5

*Thoughts*

Lauren Baratz-Logsted's Zombie Abbey is a mash-up of Downton Abbey, Pride & Prejudice & Zombies, and The Walking Dead. Paranormal & historical mash-ups seem to be on the rise with people wanting to escape for a few hours and enjoy the curiosity of English society. Set in 1920 England, the story is pure escapism mixed with a bit of horror. The story is told via three sisters who are the daugh
Lena
Actual rating: 2.5 stars

Omg, I really expected this to be more scary and creepy or at least more romancy. I'm not disappointed by this book, it just totally not what I expected.

Okay, I have to admit that I was more scared preparing for reading "a book about zombies" than actually reading this book and the weirdest thing is that I'm actually a bit sad that it didn't completely freak me out. there really wasn't a scary moment inside. I never felt the slightest bit afraid. For a book with the label
Kathy
Dec 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I just love a good zombie story and Lauren Baratz knows how to write one. I felt so many emotions,funny, scared, thrilled. It was a good thriller of a story.

#ZombieAbbey #NetGalley

UNTOLD THOUGHTS BOOK BLOG
Renee Rosen
Jan 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Lauren Baratz-Logsted proves once again that she is one of the most versatile and prolific authors out there. She could write (and often does) in any genre and I'd gobble it up!
Carol Suraci
Apr 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
DOWNTON ABBEY, PRIDE AND PREJUDICE, THE WALKING DEAD ... This book has it all! ZOMBIE ABBEY is an enjoyable, fast read. And it's well-written!
Lili  Marcus
First, just look at that cover. It's gorgeous. I want a physical copy so I can display it on my shelf. :)

Now to the book... Before the Zombie 'plague' happened, the Clarke family's concern centered on the entail that dangers their control over their entire estate. Having three daughters and no heir, the estate might go to some male cousin and so the family was set to marry off their eldest daughter, Kate, to produce an heir. And the two younger sisters, Grace and Lizzy, are just glad to be no

Mary
Apr 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Special Thanks to the publisher for providing me with a review copy!

In a wonderful mix of Downton Abbey and Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, I think I have found my new favorite thing. Yes, you get the Upstairs, Downstairs along with some kick-butt action but what makes this story special are the girls! The three Clarke sisters are the true scene stealers although we get enough of the whole family and staff to round things out. The girls are expected to marry and marry well, while the staff has
Claire
Dec 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Thank you Netgalley for a copy of this book. My views are entirely my own.

A little bit of Pride and Prejudice, a little bit of Dark Days Club and very much in the vein of Downton Abbey, this book is very much for fans of any of these three. Luckily, I happen to love all three. This book was a delight, the characters vibrant in their own way, and the gore delightfully ghastly. Readers will see much of Austen in the writing and the characters, and even more so Downton Abbey. The three sisters, Kat
NerdyBookishBeauty
Jan 17, 2018 rated it liked it
I could not get into this book, but that doesn’t mean it’s not a wonderful story. It just wasn’t my type. So sadly, we have to part ways.
Karen Dionne
Jan 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Such a fun book! I blasted through this in no time, and loved every word!
Kirsti
Jan 14, 2018 rated it liked it
I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book. All thoughts and opinions are my own. Thank you to Netgalley and the publisher for the chance to read this book!

I first saw this appear as a want to read on my wall, and knew I wanted to read it too. Then I saw it was available to request on Netgalley, and I clicked and hoped. It sounded like just my cup of tea; zombies and a Downton Abbey type feel, but it never quite got there for me. Some of the writing is just TERRIBLE, there is
Lynndell
Thanks to NetGalley and Entangled Publishing for the opportunity to read and review Zombie Abbey by Lauren Baratz-Logsted. The story opens with the three daughters, their family owns the Abbey, getting ready for a party that evening. The eldest daughter, Kate, is meant to marry and bear a male child as heir to the Abbey. The party will introduce possible suitors for her to choose from or for them to choose her. The lovely British setting begins with tongue in cheek humor and the calmness of a cl ...more
Erica Chilson
I received a copy of this title to read and review for Wicked Reads

4 Stars.

Young Adult age-range: 14+ due to the gruesome nature of zombies.

I'm trying to be careful to create a spoiler-free review.

To be honest, I wasn't sure what to expect when I began Zombie Abbey- zombies have never been of interest to me, but young adult and historical surely is. With a paranormal take on Downton Abbey & Pride & Prejudice, I had to see where this would go.

The story takes place during the 1920s, featuring a
Fizah(Books tales by me)
Actual Rating 4.5
I received a copy of this book from Netgalley, in exchange for an honest review.

In the start, this book gave me Pride and Prejudice and Zombies vibes, but no it was different. I am not a big fan of Zombies so this book was perfect for me, the Interesting thing is that the main focus of the book was not on the Zombies even the word zombie was not even used (As far as I could remember it because I was eager to read that how they came to know to zombies, because they even don't kno
Ruth Rugoff
Jan 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Looking for your next Downton Abbey fix? With a few zombies thrown is? Well, look no further than this campy mashup of a Downton-like world and Walking Dead! Some characters from Upstairs may initially come across as difficult to like - because of course they do! - but once they're forced to work together with Downstairs and the villagers to fend off the zombie menace, you really see what they're made of!
Lauren
Jan 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Whenever I pick up a book by Lauren Baratz-Logsted, I know I'm in for a good read, and Zombie Abbey is no exception! Lauren is a creative and inventive storyteller and she always has a unique and fresh slant to her stories.

Congratulations, Lauren, on another book that's a well-written and entertaining read!
Danielle Younge-Ullman
Jan 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic read! Sharp, funny, swoony, and guaranteed to scratch both your Zombie and your Downton Abbey itches. I loved it!
Kat
Dec 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
#ZombieAbbey #Netgalley
Thank you to Netgalley and Entangled Publishing, LLC for the E-ARC copy of this novel.
I have read Lauren Baratz-Logsted before, I think her books are creative and imaginative. After having said that this book is right up there with her best. It's a entertaining, fun read. Think British humor and campy horror mixed together. It is not like anything else on the young adult shelves right now. It has a Scooby gang chase to it. I gave it five stars because of it's inventive and
Taylor
Dec 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I received a copy from netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

This kind of reminded me of pride and prejudice and zombies! I think that all classic novels should have zombies in them to be honest! It adds some spice!
Ashley Drumm
Nov 20, 2018 rated it liked it
I was disappointed with this book. I was like cool zombies in 1920 England. But the book is way slow and not a lot of zombies, pretty disappointed
Lauren
Apr 07, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
*3.5*

Lauren Baratz-Logsted's books are typically very hit-or-miss for me. Sometimes I enjoy them while other times they simple aren't my cup of tea. I couldn't resist Zombie Abbey, however, as I wanted to see what a zombie flavored Downtown Abbey book would be like.

As it turns out, I was pleasantly surprised. It was a quirky read, relying on early dramatics, humor, and zombie gore to drive the story forward.

Zombie Abbey contains a surplus of perspectives - the sisters, the suitors, the staff,
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Wicked Charm
  • Kiss of the Royal
  • Risen (Blood Eternal, #1)
  • William Shakespeare's The Empire Striketh Back (William Shakespeare's Star Wars, #5)
  • The Book of Kings (Mister Max, #3)
  • The Edge of Anything
  • The Last Dragonslayer (The Last Dragonslayer, #1)
  • The Poems
  • Eumenides (Ορέστεια, #3)
  • Conversations of Socrates
  • Greek Lyric: An Anthology in Translation
  • The Rise and Fall of Athens: Nine Greek Lives
  • The Athenian Constitution
  • Star Wars Myths & Fables
  • The Life and Legend of Obi-Wan Kenobi (Star Wars)
  • William Shakespeare's The Jedi Doth Return (William Shakespeare's Star Wars, #6)
  • Remade
  • Run the Mile You're In: Finding God in Every Step
Lauren grew up in Monroe, CT, where her father owned a drugstore at which her mother was the pharmacist. She is a graduate of the University of Connecticut at Storrs, where she majored in psychology. She also has what she calls her “half-Masters” in English from Western Connecticut State University (five courses down, another five to go…someday!).

Throughout college, she worked semester breaks as a