Start by marking “Unlocking Secrets (Keys to Love, #2)” as Want to Read:
Unlocking Secrets (Keys to Love, #2)

Unlocking Secrets

(Keys to Love #2)

A grim discovery in Lance Kendall’s home proved one thing—the residents of Blyth Lake had a serial killer in their midst. Now Lance had unintentionally put a target on his back. Worst yet, he’s made the only woman he ever loved known to a murderer.

Published March 20th 2018 by Kennedy Layne Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Unlocking Secrets, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Unlocking Secrets

Cheryl Whitty
Reviewed by behalf of http://bookaddict.live,
Unlocking Secrets is about Lance’s homecoming. Lance is the baby of the family. After 12 years in Military Service that means is as well trained as his brother, and considering how dangerous his home town is he needs to be.
Lance’s high school sweetheart Brynn now owns the town’s only decent bar. It doesn’t take long to realise they still feel the same way, and gradually they work their way back to each other.
More evidence is found about the murdered g
Coco.V
Apr 06, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebies
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (4/6/2019)! 🎁

Blurb:

A trip down memory lane with the man who’d broken Brynn Mercer’s heart wasn’t the smartest thing she’d ever done in her life, but their reunion was a slow burn of temptation that she couldn’t ignore.

Together, t
Johnaka
Mar 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Unlocking Secrets by Kennedy Layne
“Rekindled love and murder, 5 stars”

I am about to be completely frank with you. I have a love hate relationship with Layne’s stories. I love her writing and how she can intertwine so many books together but make them individual stories. With that said though I hate that I never know what’s happening next! When I say hate I don’t really mean it. Layne gives you a story about a couple coming together when stuff around them is falling apart but never gives you a cl
Book Break  With Lisa
Jun 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
April says…

5 stars
April
Mar 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018
I loved every moment of this book and every moment spent with both Brynn and Lance! Both Brynn and Lance are strong characters with their own minds who are fiercely loyal to those they hold dear. Both exhibit kindness and generosity of spirit as well. Their love story is one of love put on hold as each of them went their own way, matured, and gathered experience. However, the moment they came back together, they both recognized that they were home in the truest sense and just had to come to term ...more
Carolyn
Mar 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Lance and Brynn’s story is so good! The mystery of who killed Sophia and where Emma is continues in this book. Lance has been serving in the Marines for 12 years and has moved back to his hometown. Brynn is the woman he left behind all those years ago. She owns the local bar and is determined to resist the pull between her and Lance. Things get weird when Lance finds an old tin of Polaroid pictures in his heating unit while looking through the old house his parents bought for him. These pictures ...more
Dimple
Mar 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018
I love a good murder mystery and boy, does Layne deliver! Usually I can figure out who the killer is pretty early on but not here, we're two books in and still, we have no clue. Don't worry, the characters don't know either!

This is a great coming home story. Guy and girl grew up together, got involved in a "no strings attached" love affair before he goes away to defend his country. Upon his return, things heat up in more ways than one. Brynn is still the girl his heart (and other parts!) craves
Jo
Mar 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
What started with Unlocking Fear, continues with Unlocking Secrets.  You absolutely need to read book 1 first or I suspect that you will be a little lost.

You know, considering what is going on in this community, this is a suprisingly drama free read.  That might seem odd, but you'll know what I mean when you read it.

It flows so easily that I was just carried along with the story.

I particularly enjoyed how the author was able to sow the seeds of suspicion about the residents.  It didn't feel fo
Kari Hansen
Mar 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
After serving his country for 12 years Lance has returned to his hometown but what he finds in the house he is renovating puts himself and everyone close to him in danger.

Brynn and Lance were together when he left the town and her 12 years ago. At the time she knew it was inevitable, but it didn’t make it any easier when he left.

As they investigate the suspicious goings on in the town it brings them closer, but will this be their second chance or are they destined to go their separate ways once
Sofia Lazaridou
Mar 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
I think that I should read all the books in one sitting once all of them have been published because we are making a very slow progress for me, I want to know who is the killer now. I have gotten a little too invested in the series and I have become a big fan.

You should read this book. We made some progress when it comes to finding out who killed those poor girls. The mystery is still unraveled, unfortunately. To be honest, the book wasn't as good as the first one, but it was still captivating.
Ddkmc95
Jan 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lance Kendall has returned home to Blythe Lake after being discharged from the Marines. The 2nd Kendall sibling to return home and receive the gift of a property from his parents. Lance learns that his hs sweetheart, Brynn, is also back and has bought the local watering hole. Homecoming is looking great for Lance...until he discovers a container of photos of the missing girls and others from that summer camp 12 yrs ago. The residents of Blythe Lake are coming to grips with the fact that a serial ...more
Felice Foster
Mar 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Wow. What a story from start to finish. I was literally drawn in on page one and could not put this down. The writing keeps you in suspense the entire way. I thought I had figured out "who done it", but nope the author kept me guessing the entire book, and I loved it.

The main characters, Lance and Brynn, have you rooting for them, even with their hang ups and everything that is going on in Blyth Lake. The chemistry between the two leapt off the pages, so you know they are meant to be together.

I
A
Mar 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Unlocking Secrets is the second book in this series, and you must read both books if haven’t yet. Kennedy Layne is the master of romantic suspense. I’m still guessing what is going to happen next. There will be three more books. So, the readers will be figuring out what is happening until the end (not in a horrid cliffhanger way). There will be plenty of twists and turns to keep us intrigued! The detective has everybody second guessing people that they have known for years. The connections just ...more
Denise Van plew
Mar 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Having read the first one in this had to see how this one would be. It held the ingredients that picks my curiosity. It also delivered what it says. Mystery and death took the characters Lance and Brynn on a ride for lives when they got together. Those things also that some thought were in the dark forever does come to light with why they should watch out for them. This one keeps you on your toes with the romance you crave in a novel. This is also interwoven with others so I will have to hope I ...more
We Review Books
Mar 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is my first book by Kennedy Layne and I am forever grateful for blogging to have found this gem. Rarely you find an author who can do suspense, but it was done to perfection in this book. The twists and turns will leave you guessing to the end. The way that suspicion was cast on all the residents it really a true testament to the author's talent. You will fall in love with Brynne and Lance as the fall in love with each other again. The character development adds layers to the plotline that ...more
Mar 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
After servicing in the military Lance is coming back to his hometown. The town of the girl he loved and left, Brynn. Not only has he got to deal with that there is a serial killer on the loose. Can he persuade Bryan to give them another chance and keep his girl safe.

A great book, with fab characters. I haven't read the first book in the series and although that didn't detract from the enjoyment of the book it would have been helpful. This book does have a partial cliffhanger.
Leah Keys
Mar 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The second book in the Keys to Love series gives us the story of Lance & Brynn, high school sweethearts. Lance returns home to find his hometown is on the search for a serial killer and his family is in the crosshairs. He reunites with Brynn and finds the sparks never went away. Together they work to help find a murderer in their small town. There are surprises at every corner that you will never see coming! Don’t miss this series!
Alayna
Mar 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I could not put this book down!! Just when u think u know what’s going to happen something different does!!!
Lindsey (Linz Readz)
Mar 31, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc, kindle
I didn’t enjoy this one nearly as much as the first but I’m not giving up on the series yet.

*full review coming soon*
Kathryn
I like the introduction of new characters in each story, with the wrap around of the others we've already met. These characters held true for me. But I really love the second chance genre.
Alphas Do It Better Book Blog

Sep 06, 2018
Tricia
Mar 21, 2018
« previous 1 3 next »
Kennedy Layne is a USA Today bestselling author. She draws inspiration for her military romantic suspense novels in part from her not-so-secret second life as a wife of a retired Marine Master Sergeant. He doubles as her critique partner, beta reader, and military consultant. They live in the Midwest with their teenage son and menagerie of pets. The loyal dogs and mischievous cats appreciate her w ...more

Keys to Love (5 books)
  • Unlocking Fear (Keys to Love, #1)
  • Unlocking Lies (Keys to Love, #3)
  • Unlocking Shadows (Keys to Love, #4)
  • Unlocking Darkness (Keys to Love #5)