Start by marking “A Beast’s Belle” as Want to Read:
A Beast’s Belle

A Beast’s Belle

A Beast’s Belle is a fairy tale retold – echoing the ground-breaking BDSM Beauty books by Anne Rice.

The novel offers a twist on a classic story; Isabel is the daughter of a widowed inventor and tinkerer, but leaves home to join the indentured staff of a manor. Upon arriving, she explores the rigid structure of domestic servitude and discipline in the manor, and eventually
Published March 11th 2017

To ask other readers questions about A Beast’s Belle, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Beast’s Belle

Sana
lol pls just leave me here recovering from this eyes blinding, cringy as fuck erotica piece of repetitive shit that actually somehow got published

I received an arc in exchange for an honest review via Netgalley
Alex ☣ Deranged KittyCat ☣
[After reading it:]

Well, well. That was a bit of a surprise. Most reviews for A Beast's Belle are negative, so I was sure it had to be bad. Just that it wasn't. I kind of liked it. And I wouldn't compare it to Anne Rice's The Claiming of Sleeping Beauty because I hated that one. I would rather compare it to Pauline Réage's Story of O. But Gambardella is milder even than Réage. And I like that because too much BDSM is too much.

Trigger warning for rape.

*Copy provided by the publisher via Netgal
Joanna (joreadsalot)
*** Disclaimer: I received this book from the author/publisher via Netgalley for an honest review.***

I literally finished this book a few seconds ago and did not want to wait a moment longer to review it. I did not enjoy this book in the slightest and it was primarily with the grammar and then the plot of the book.

This is suppose to be a Beauty and the Beast retelling but I felt that it was a very loose retelling. I didn't feel the magic or the love that is suppose to supersede all in this stor
Bex (Beckie Bookworm)
Mar 23, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley, arc, d-n-f
DNF
This was one I got from NetGalley a while back started-stopped: then promptly forgot all about it.
Just back to give a brief explanation for my reasons.
So this was a Beauty and the Beast themed retelling which is the main reason I requested.
Anyone who knows me is aware that this is my favourite fairy tale of all time.
So what can I say about this well it's hardcore BDSM and it's definitely NOT!!! a romance.
This is one that I really didn't like at all and it didn't work for me on any level at a
Tanya Tate
Apr 23, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: no one

.5 Stars!

What the hell I just read??? This was so damn boring and I didn't relate to no of the characters.I was bored to tears with the Belle character. This was so loosely based off of BATB that only two things resemble it was the fact it had a character who was named Gaston aka potential rapist and the Beast was deformed. That's it.

Two notes for the author

1. Learn what all
Jen
May 24, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
My thanks to NetGalley and Riverdale Avenue Books for an eARC copy of this book to read and review.

I am the manager at an independent book store, where erotica sells rather well. I am not really into that genre, my boss and I call them the "naughty" books, but to be aware of what is popular so I can help my customers and not sound ignorant when they ask about that particular genre, I decided to try this book. I do like the story of Beauty and the Beast, so though that might help with my lack of
Carvanz
I was unaware that this was a story based on hard core BDSM. Unfortunately, that is not really my cup of tea. However, the writing was eloquent and flowed while the main character, Isabelle, was well developed. It is a great twist on the fairy tale Beauty and the Beast minus the magic and adding the strange restraining devices. It even includes the villain Gaston. There is not any romance or a couple falling in love. This is simply the story of a young woman who chooses to serve the Master in or ...more
Eva
Jul 21, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I requested this book on Netgalley in return for an honest review

Okay. This is, I am sure, a record for me. I have a couple unfinished books but I never gave up that quick. I can handle some BDSM, but when it involves a man's ass and fingers, NOPE!
The story has no story at all... and the characters are really not that interesting, except for maybe the beast... but hey, he is supposed to be mysterious, just like the Disney-version.
Sonia Almeida Dias
I got this book from Netgalley and I was intrigued, as it had a lot of potential to be a great book. A classical fairy tale retold as an erotica kinky romance was just the kind of thing to spice up my weekend.
However it fell short. The story is too slow paced and at the end it felt like nothing really happened throughout the whole book and I was somewhat disappointed.
As it is meant to be the first of many, maybe the next ones can pick up some rhythm.
Hart's Reader Group
I received this book through NetGalley. I requested it because the blurb intrigued me and I was looking for short erotic tales to read in between daily life moments.

Unfortunately, this book was INCREDIBLY disappointing. My Kindle said it would take 2 hours to read this book, well, I read it in 45 minutes, and when I said READ what I really mean it flipped through to find anything worth reading.

While the prose is lovely and somewhat poetic, there is just too much introspection and deep thought i
Gretchen Vega
May 10, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nf
(I only gave this book 1 star because 0 isn't an option)

This book was so bad I couldn't even get past chapter two and I don't even care to review it. also the fact that I got an email saying that the author would appreciate if I didn't post a bad review was a massive red flag to me that it was going to be terrible. But because it's Beauty and The Beast and erotica, two things I enjoy, I still decided to give it a try. I would've given another work by this author a try, had it not been for that e
Jamie Lee Zonneveld
A Beast's Belle, a fairytale retold. In the beginning it was a little bit hard to see the fairytale part, but is was a nice story. I really enjoyed the read and I can't wait for the second part.
Lori Perkins
Apr 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I LOVE this retelling of the Beauty and the beast story through the BDSM prism.
Sissy's Romance Book Review
'A Beast's Belle' by J. Gambardella
I wasn't able to fall in love with this story as I had hoped. I did find it somewhat hard to follow and then it just ended. So I am assuming the next book with continue the building story. That is my take away from this book is that it was building up to the next installment. It did seem like you turned the pages more than just being hooked into the story line.
Also sometimes when you try to recreate a story such as Beauty and the Beast its hard for the reader
Amber
Apr 06, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Well that ended abruptly.. I was finally getting in to the story! I found I was skimming often, but overall a okay read and I'm Hoping the second book redeems the first.
Becky Boudreau
 - 2.5/5 Stars

I'm not going to lie, when I started this blog, I never thought I'd review an erotica book. I have nothing against the genre; it's just not usually something I usually find myself wanting to read. Although, coming back from vacation made me want to read something completely mindless. After reading some threads and watching BookTube recs, I decided a bubble bath and a smutty read was the order of the day. This book is marketed as a BDSM, erotic retelling of Beauty and the Beast. The
Jen
Mar 19, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This book was incredibly slow paced and somewhat boring. I read it pretty quickly and kept waiting for something exciting to happen, but it never did. If this is the first book in the series, then there wasn't anything in this one that left me wanting more, unfortunately. I rarely write negative book reviews, but this one just fell way short. It has nothing to do with the subject matter, that didn't bother me, and everything to do with the lack of a plot that keeps you engaged.

If you've read Ann
Wendy
May 07, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Review also on my blog: https://nextbookaroundthecorner.wordp...

The last few weeks I'm into the fairy tales. Especially the ones with a twist. So when I saw A Beast's Belle on Netgalley, I really had to request it. And yes, it is Beauty and the Beast alright. But Isabelle is not an ordinairy girl: she likes to help her father invent objects for the binding and spanking of people. And she is rather good at that. So good, she gets a special order from a curious, hooded man to produce some objects.
Tamera
A Beauty & The Beast retelling with some BDSM kink thrown in? Normally I'd be ready to sign right up- but this read more like the inexperienced misunderstanding of E.L. James than it did Anne Rice's (Rampling) Beauty trilogy.

It started off rough for me but I figured I was being too judgemental and not giving it enough of a shot, so I read on. The writing and character building were so lackluster the author seems to have intentionally repeated themselves, which is even more annoying than it i
Nicole
Oct 16, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not your typical beauty and beast story! This version takes on the more erotic version, which was great! Belle also known as Isabele in this book worked in her fathers shop, they made various contraptions for many different patrons and for many different reasons. When beast came to the shop for a very particular piece, belle couldn't help herself but wonder what he will be using it for, and began imagining all the different ways to enjoy it. When beast made an offer to her father about belle com ...more
Carmon   Simon
I received this book through Netgalley.
Triggers: spanking and attempted rape.

I was intrigued by the blurb, as I like to read varying degrees of romance / erotica. I hope that it is just the first book written to set up a series, because this one is mostly a setup for future books. You have Isabel who is a very precocious young lady with wild fantasies that cause her to spend a lot of time "alone". One day a deformed beast of a patron comes to purchase one of her father's weird contraptions (wh
Anne Z.
Mar 19, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I received this book through NetGalley. I requested it because its blurb sounded super interesting. I was very much looking forward to it.
Sadly, the book was very disappointing. I haven’t read something that boring in a very long time. I skipped and/or fast read a lot of it after I realized how pathetic the book was. I seriously only finished so I could give NetGalley a review. I don’t like not leaving reviews for things I get for free. So here we are… writing a review on the single most boring
Kim Pet
May 29, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Definitely not your everyday fairy tale, and I cannot see Emma Watson playing Isabel, but kudos for the unconventional look into what could be in an erotic version of Beauty & the Beast. Gambardella's writing is intelligent, provocative and full of detail with both the elaborate plot and its characters. The regular cast of characters is present, and even the most basic personality traits are seen underneath their creative, new and spicy personas. The candelabra was ingenious! This is a dark ...more
Alexisa
As the first book in the series it hold promise for the book(s) to follow. Gambardella set the scenes well. I was disappointed with how far this book got into the retelling. BUT in that time it showed Gaston's true colors and how much Belle is comfortable with "Beast" in his home. Overall it was a good read and I look forward to the next installment.

*ARC provided via Netgalley in exchange if an honest review*
Jenn Farren
This arc was given to me by Netgalley for an honest review.
This book is a stand alone.
This is my favorite book theme and I am sorry to say this but this author just butchered the idea of beauty and the beast.
It was supposed to be an erotic tale of beauty and the beast, which sounds awesome, an adult version done right would be a great read. This was not that.
There was so much filler disguised as backround for the characters that could have been left out. It was a very boring book.
CC Sour
Written for the intellectual, lusty adult. It did not insult, instead delivering a plausible BDSM twist to the Beast & Beauty tale, in Anne Rice style.. Flowed and self-illustrated very well. I am left wanting to know "the rest of the story".
Courtney Green
Free ARC for Honest Review from Netgalley
I give this book 2 stars
For Me, I didn't quite enjoy this book, it was rather slow in some areas and not enough detail in others and the sex scenes were a tad bit boring.
ladyofglencairn
Mar 19, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc-s
An erotic retelling of Beauty and the Beast? This should be interesting, right??? Err, no, it wasn't.

This book was the height of boring. In fact, I was so bored that I skimmed through a lot of the story because it just didn't capture my interest or my imagination. I've read a ton of erotic tales over the years and this fell horribly flat.

So Belle is turned on by watching others being flogged? Big deal. This does not equate eroticism.

I kept waiting for something significant to happen. And before
Rebekah
Mar 15, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Trigger warning: attempted rape

Yikes - I was all set to like this book, an erotica retelling of Beauty and the Beast. First, Isabel does not end up in a relationship with the Beast. What? Second, the author does a poor job of describing Isabel's intimate feelings and actions. The ending felt rushed - I was left with far more questions than I had answers.