Start by marking “Midnight Feast (Fly Me To the Moon, #4)” as Want to Read:
Midnight Feast (Fly Me To the Moon, #4)

Midnight Feast

(Fly Me to the Moon #4)

Houston, Texas, 1965

Margie Dunsford relishes her role as the leader of the astronaut wives. With her children away and her guests canceling, she faces a terrifying prospect: an entire Thanksgiving weekend alone with her husband.

Mitch knows the fire has gone out in his marriage, but he fears if he attempts to reignite it, Margie will freeze him out forever. Now he’s deter
Published (first published October 30th 2017)
Featured Notes & Highlights

To ask other readers questions about Midnight Feast, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Midnight Feast

Start your review of Midnight Feast (Fly Me To the Moon, #4)
Sometime
Oct 14, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle
This is a marriage in trouble story about Margie and Mitch who have been married for 20 years and have 6 kids. Mitch is a military man turned astronaut and Margie is the perfect wife. But underneath they are distant and cold. They don't talk anymore, it's been years since they had sex. They even sleep in separate twin beds!

The book does a lot of jumping around on the timeline. We read about when they first met and fell in love, and various other important events during their marriage. The author
willaful
Nov 01, 2017 rated it liked it
(reviewed from an ARC provided by the authors.)

3 1/2 stars. I remember the first novella in this historical series, A Midnight Clear, as pure sweetness and optimism. Although this one starts with Thanksgiving, 1965, and ends with a happy epilogue on Valentine's day, it's a more sobering holiday read.

We've seen Margie and Mitch in previous books in the series: Margie is leader of the astronaut's wives, a bossy perfectionist, and Mitch is egotistical and has a "wandering eye." But their inner liv
Maria Rose
Midnight Feast is a lovely second chance romance novella for a couple who've been together for years but have lost the spark that made them fall in love in the first place.

Margie and Mitch Dunsford had a whirlwind romance, but the glitter wore off soon enough with the birth of six children, and Mitch's demanding career as a pilot and a key member of the early American space program. Margie did everything she could to support Mitch's career, and became a leader among the astronauts' wives. Now t
Brandy Painter
I loved this. This is my favorite of the holiday novellas that go with this series. Let's just say I identify with Margie a lot. (Not at all with her feelings toward her husband but with her personality and how she runs things.) And I was really surprised by how much sympathy I had for Mitch. I knew they would end up redeeming him but I wasn't expecting to like him so much from the very start. I just really love how this gets at how hard marriage is and how much both people need to work at it.-p ...more
Cathy Geha
Oct 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Midnight Feast by Genevieve Turner and Emma Barry
Fly Me to the Moon #6.5

Love…LOVE…L*O*V*E this series! This may be historical romance but it is my history or at least times I remember so very well. Each book brings back memories and each book has issues to explore and truths to share.

In this holiday novella we learn more about Margie and Mitch Dunsford. The two met in 1945, had a whirlwind romance, married and began the grind and glory of being in the US Air Force. Over the years Margie does
Jess
I liked this so much. It's painful in all the ways the best marriage in trouble romances are, and I really liked the resolution and the work that Margie and Mitch put into fixing things.

This series is so good for me.
Grace
Nov 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
I wish this had been longer so that I could really have gotten into it, but it was still an excellent read.
Frida
Nov 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Wow this series! Earth Bound is one of my all time favourite romances and the novellas so far (A Midnight Kiss and A Midnight Clear) have been super sweet and swoony. This novella is very different - dark and angsty and bitter but oh so lovely!
Kini
Nov 13, 2017 added it
review to be posted soon
MB (What she read)
PSA: $ .99 on Kindle right now.

Nice review here: http://dearauthor.com/book-reviews/ov...

I enjoy this series. Intriguing setting (1950's/Space Race/Astronauts), and it's nice to see a more realistic/not-quite-so-rosy viewpoint of this era.
Karen

Originally posted at For What It's Worth on 11/6/17: http://www.fwiwreviews.net/2017/11/mo...

Source: e-arc provided in exchange for an honest review

Hoo-boy! This book was intense. Margie and Mitch’s 20 year marriage is in trouble. They barely speak to each other unless it’s to impress company or the press when they pose as the perfect NASA couple. Unfortunately, this Thanksgiving, all their guests canceled and they are left alone to confront all the things that lead them to this moment.
Viktoria
For me it's Earth Bound and then A Midnight Feast. These two made me think and reconsider emotional entangledments and relationship dynamics on more than one account.
I was greatly interested in Margie and Mitch's story. This is the tale of a marriage through the ages, the disappointments, the love, the hope, the betrayals - lost and found trust in each other. Their relationship arc suited them, Margie falling in love with the army and Mitch bringing her with him was great. I loved their chemist
Kathy
Jul 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Moving story

This is certainly one of the best second chance romances I have read in ages. Although it could stand alone, having read the earlier books in the series primes you for Marjorie and Mitch, the perfect military wife and the screw-up astronaut husband. Watching them disassemble and reassemble their marriage is heart breaking and the fragility of their attempt to try again makes for a stunningly tense story. It is a remarkable portrait of how a marriage can fall apart and how difficult i
Jessica
Aug 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Along with "Earth Bound," this may be my favorite Fly Me to the Moon yet. Not only is the historical setting fun and unique but this book is the love story of how Margie and Mitch Dunsford re-kindle their marriage. The book has flashbacks to their courtship and earlier times in their marriage and how they slowly get to the place where they're two strangers putting on a good show for the public. Barry and Turner did a great job with the complexities of Margie and Mitch, making neither one the goa ...more
Emmi
Feb 28, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This whole series is so brilliantly, insightfully, intelligently written. This book deals beautifully with the distance that can grow between a married couple years into their relationship, when life and children and careers can put distance between the couple, and when love itself is not enough. The silence and misunderstandings are such a looming shadow over their relationship. My heart ached for them, and it was nice to see another side of both of these characters who show up in the other boo ...more
Roxane
Feb 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Second chances

Second chance romances are my kryptonite, but so few are done well. This one is perfect. We get to see inside this marriage of an astronaut and his wife in the 60s, and even though their lives are out of the ordinary, the problems inside their marriage are not. We feel for Marge and Mitch, identify with them and fall in love with them. The character development and pacing of this story couldn't be better. I rarely give 5 stars, and even more rarely write reviews. In this case, I ha
Gretchen Alice
Oct 31, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Listen, romance friends, you need to get on the Fly Me To The Moon Series ASAP. Emma and Gen’s latest story is a novella about the woman who practically manages the other astronaut wives and her husband who is far from perfect, but also isn’t really sure where things went wrong between them. Everything about the plot is grounded in reality, but the emotions and swoony bits are out of this world. I cannot recommend this series enough.
Jane
Aug 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great story

Mitch and Margie, married for 20 years and sharing 6 children, have lost site of their relationship between his deployments and her tendency to organize. But over the time between Thanksgiving and Valentine’s Day they rediscover why they came together in the first place. This is a wonderful addition to this series and I highly recommend it to all.
Maggie
3.5 stars. This was probably my least favorite of the Fly Me to the Moon series. It was perfectly fine and I liked the look at Margie and Mitch, but it was also the most depressing. There was a marriage breaking down, death, and it just kind of dragged me down. Which isn't bad, but the other books in the series, even though they dealt with series subjects were a lot more fun.
Carmen
Nov 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was already super obsessed with this series, but this book is definitely my favorite so far. As someone who has been married for 12 years, the way it shows the ups and downs of long-term relationships, and how sometimes the work women do in a marriage and in child-rearing can be invisible, was super relatable, especially knowing there's an HEA.
Tori
Sep 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2018
OKAY YOU KNOW WHAT? This hurt all of my feelings but I'm not mad about it.

I really liked reading about Margie and Mitch after seeing them in the other stories, and seeing them work at their marriage was super satisfying.
SM
Dec 22, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Amanda
Jun 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Once upon a time Mitch and Margie Dunsford were in love. She supported him in all his dreams. That was decades ago, but unless something happens to change things, America's favorite astronaut's wife is going to give up on her husband for good.
Ea_reader
Nov 12, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle-finished
this caught my eye, though I hadn't been following the series. I will probably go back and read the others now. this was a really nice and realistic second chance at first love.
Joji
Nov 14, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Celine
4 1/2 stars
Alexa Rowan
Nov 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was a gorgeous marriage-in-trouble romance. Loved it.
JPT
Mar 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
3.5 rounded to 4. Sweet

• Mating the Huntress
  • White Whiskey Bargain
  • That Kind of Guy (Ravenswood, #3)
  • Headliners (London Celebrities, #5)
  • A Heart of Blood and Ashes (A Gathering of Dragons, #1)
  • The Earl I Ruined (The Secrets of Charlotte Street, #2)
  • Teach Me (There's Something About Marysburg, #1)
  • After the Wedding (The Worth Saga #2)
  • The Last Wolf (The Legend of All Wolves, #1)
  • Tikka Chance on Me
  • The Austen Playbook (London Celebrities, #4)
  • Beginner's Luck (Chance of a Lifetime, #1)
  • Luck of the Draw (Chance of a Lifetime #2)
  • One Bed for Christmas (Baldwin Village, #0.5)
  • A Wicked Kind of Husband (Longhope Abbey, #1)
  • Unlocked (Turner, #1.5)
  • The Duke I Tempted (Secrets of Charlotte Street, #1)
  • Guarding Temptation
Emma Barry is a novelist, full-time mama, recovering academic, and former political staffer. When she’s not reading or writing, she loves her twins’ hugs, her husband’s cooking, her cat’s whiskers, her dog’s tail, and Earl Grey tea.

Fly Me to the Moon (5 books)
  • Star Dust (Fly Me to the Moon, #1)
  • Earth Bound (Fly Me to the Moon, #2)
  • Round Midnight (Fly Me to the Moon, #3)
  • Free Fall (Fly Me To the Moon, #5)