Start by marking “Ghost Code” as Want to Read:
Ghost Code

Ghost Code

"Without dreams, what's the point of being awake?"
After a lifetime of fighting cancer, eighteen-year-old Viv Quiroga is dying. But she’s determined to go out on her own terms. Instead of wasting away in a hospital watching her mom worry over their mounting debt, she volunteers for a private research program.
For thirty days she’ll live in a coma as a human lab rat. When h
Published May 15th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Ghost Code, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ghost Code

Start your review of Ghost Code
Ethan Gregory
May 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
As a huge fan of Negovetich's, I've followed her career since the very first novel and can say with absolutely no hesitation that she gets better with each passing novel. I'm not usually a huge fan of the sci-fi genre, but GHOST CODE was everything I didn't even know I was looking for. It. Was. Amazing. Full of incredible characters, plot twists, and enough emotional hurdles to give you all the feels, Negovetich really knock another one clear out of the ballpark!

Today's market is prime for a hi
Jennifer Chow
Jul 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
I really liked Ghost Code. I'm grateful that Negovetich added all those details about the hacking/computer world. It's also an interesting world that she's created, which toys with an intriguing SF premise. The pages did keep me flipping as I wondered how Butterfly would solve her dilemma.

However, I did take off a star for a few things: 1) Even though the main character is true to life, she still was a bit too grumpy for me in the beginning. I wasn't really invested in her until a few chapters i
Ms. Just One More Book  (Kris Miller)
Eighteen year old Viv Quiroga has spent her life fighting the cancer that is killing her. During this final relapse the doctors told her there were no more treatment options and no hope. She's determined to go out on her own terms. Not wasting away in a hospital bed until the final moment. Instead she volunteers for a research program. For thirty days she'll live in a coma while the doctors use experimental drugs to further their research. At the end of these thirty days, they'll turn off the ma ...more
Chelo Biggerstaff
Mar 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I should have bumped this up my TBR sooner!

Viva is dying, but she's going out on her own terms. After fighting cancer for most of her young life, she's chosen, at 18, to donate what time remains to her to science. Maybe someone else can be saved through her death.

Then everything goes sideways.

Set in a time just past our own, in a place that feels all too real, with plenty of nerdy references, this book examines what it means to be human, alive, and real. The characters are multi-layered. The act
Mary Quire
May 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved it!

I read this book for our book club meeting and it is the second of Sarah's novels I have had the pleasure of reading, the first one being Rite of Rejection. Ghost Code is extremely unique and emotion packed. The story reads smoothly and the action is pretty fast paced with awesome effects toward the end. This was a great book and would make a hell of a movie given the opportunity. I highly recommend you checking it out.
Lydia
May 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
You start reading and you can't stop

It's exactly that kind of book-i basically ignored doing dishes and other chores and just walked around with my nose stuck into the kindle until I finished it. I was not disappointed when I reached the end. I love the main character,she resonated with me on many levels. I can always tell if a book is really good because I know I will want to read it again in the future,this is a book I will want to read again and recommend to others.
Tamara
May 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction
Ms. Negovetich has written a truly engaging story that hooked me right at the beginning and held my attention until the very end. The extremely likable characters and the unique and action-filled plot made this a fun and quick read. The only thing I didn’t like was that the story ended and I wanted it to go on and on and on!
Tisha Vogt
Jul 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Interesting

A fascinating look into what makes us US, our bodies, our souls or a compilation of our life experiences. Would you take a chance at living for eternity? What would you be willing to give up to get it? A fun look into what make us human.
Jackie Bach
May 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
The characters were very interesting. I love that there was really no romance involved. It wouldn't have fit with the character or her situation. Overall, it was very interesting and unique. I'm glad that I got the chance to read it. ...more
Holly
Jul 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Very unique story premise! Well developed main character

I liked this book from the start, and by the 5th page I was hooked! What seemed like a miracle, ended up being a twisted take on what is real. Makes you think....for sure
Haila Bay
Lacy
Aug 25, 2017
Angela
Jun 28, 2017
May 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Karina
Kyle Elijah
Aug 20, 2018
Beth
May 26, 2017

• Wildcard (Warcross, #2)
  • Warcross (Warcross, #1)
  • King's Cage (Red Queen, #3)
  • In Pain and Blood (Spellster #1)
  • Queen's Move (Lilith's Shadow, #3)
  • All Fall Down (Embassy Row, #1)
  • See How They Run (Embassy Row, #2)
  • Blood of the Moon (Fallen Gods, #3)
  • The Sting of Victory (Fallen Gods, #1)
  • Razor's Pass (Ascension #2)
  • Falling for the Beast (A Modern Fairy Tale Duet, #2)
  • Traitor to the Throne (Rebel of the Sands, #2)
  • Rebel of the Sands (Rebel of the Sands, #1)
  • Hero at the Fall (Rebel of the Sands, #3)
  • Zeroes (Zeroes, #1)
  • Legacy (The Crafter, #1)
  • Misfit Mage (Fledgling God #1)
  • I've Got Your Number
Sarah Negovetich knows you don't know how to pronounce her name and she's okay with that.

Her first love is Young Adult novels, because at seventeen the world is your oyster. Only oysters are slimy and more than a little salty; it's accurate if not exactly motivational. We should come up with a better cliché.

Sarah divides her time between writing YA books that her husband won’t read and working wit