Start by marking “Let God: Spiritual Conversations with Francois Fenelon” as Want to Read:
Let God: Spiritual Conversations with Francois Fenelon

Let God: Spiritual Conversations with Francois Fenelon

4.52  ·  Rating details ·  23 Ratings  ·  5 Reviews
A collection of letters between 17th century theologian and pastor Francios Fenelon and a circle of friends serving in Louis XIV's court. Though the words are ancient, the wisdom is timely.
Paperback
Published November 6th 2007 by Dirty Paper Press

To ask other readers questions about Let God, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Let God

Sara
Jun 15, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: spirituality
This is a collection of letters from a French spiritual guide who lived in the 17th century. I read Let God with a handful of people from my church, and we had a good discussion about several of the timeless themes Fenelon touches on in the book. It's wonderful to hear advice from a 350 year-old Christian and to consider how true it is that "there's nothing new under the sun." Still, without context for each letter (readers only get one side of the conversation) I felt like I couldn't get as muc ...more
Shannon
Oct 30, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My favorite of the 2 I have gotten to read of Winn's. I am in the middle of Holy Curiosity now!! (YEAH!) I love the personal style of the letters, but more importantly I love the relevance of words written centuries ago...relevant to a time and place and person so wholly different. Beautiful, convicting, and freeing all at the same time.
Austin Grigg
May 20, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I felt like I was receiving letters from an old sage reading Let God. Winn and Fenelon's voice blend together into a very wise, comfortable tone that sounds like a good friend. I learned much from this book as it prodded at my selfishness and asked about my loyalties.
Suzanne Tietjen
Feb 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very meaningful. Came into my life at a time when I am more aware of needing to trust and it has been eye- and heart-opening. A good balance of old and new, bringing wisdom from the past into today. I love this book.
Juli
Sep 20, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Winn takes Fenelon's works and makes them into letters to a friend. You would swear these were actually written to you because they hit deep to the soul offering heart-piercing,self-releasing, life-giving words. What a gift.
Anna Holleman
Jul 17, 2010
Nina
Sep 25, 2012
Winn
Sep 20, 2008 marked it as books-i-have-written  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Michael
Sue
Jun 15, 2016
Ann Harrington
Apr 26, 2017
Winn has written for periodicals such as Washington Post, Christian Century, Soul Journey, Christianity Today, In Touch, Campus Life, Leadership Journal, Radiant, Preaching Today and Clear & Seven. For six years, Winn was the Deeper Walk editor for Relevant Magazine. His first solo book, Restless Faith: Hanging on to a God Just out of Reach is a candid exploration into the perplexing, riveting ...more
More about Winn Collier