Start by marking “Blood & Bone (Blood & Bone, #1)” as Want to Read:
Blood & Bone (Blood & Bone, #1)

Blood & Bone

(Blood & Bone #1)

Chloe MacArthur has finally found her mate but he's the one wolf she can't have.

To save her heart from further pain, she leaves the pack that she's come to consider her family. Unfortunately, unfinished business leads her back to her childhood home and straight into a deadly game with shifters that will do anything to prevent her from learning the truth.

Ian Lachlan is in
300 pages
Published May 30th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Blood & Bone, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blood & Bone

Lady Heather

Release Date: May 30, 2017

**Happy Release Day!**

photo BloodBone_FB_Cover.jpg

My thoughts:

"5- Fighting Blood & Bone for what belongs to you stars!"

photo BloodBone_eBook_HiRes.jpg

I LOVED this story so hard!
It had EVERYTHING I love in a paranormal romance!

√ Kick-Ass alpha protagonists
√ Killer chemistry and history between the protagonists
√ Great secondary characters
√ Amazing storyline
√ Wonderful writing, with great bantering, and dialogue

I loved Ian and Chloe's story!
They were a wonderful couple to read, and their story had me entertained and engag
Terrie's Just Another Book B*tch
Finished in one sitting! I can't tell you when was the last time that happened!! This book was SO GOOD I couldn't put it down!!

Blood & Bone is a spinoff of C.C. Wood's "Bitten Series". Spinoffs can go two ways. Spiraling down down down to wherever lost books go, or spin up up up like a propeller. Well Charlie Tango, ...CC Knocked this one out of the park!

Blood & Bone stars two amazing characters from the "Bitten Series". Ian Lachlan & Chloe MacArthur. You don't have to have read th
ZARIA (Sheldon Cooper lover)
Jun 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites

I was immediately drawn into this book. The characters are GREAT (the wolfs are fantastic)! The chemestry between Chloe and Ian is awesome. This is a must read book. The mystery is solid, characters are well defined (thank god) and the setting is believable. Not to mention hot sex scenes!
Bring on book 2!!!

Ian

Chloe

Her nonchalance and her indifference burned. It set off a chain reaction in my blood. I didn’t want to fight. I craved the chase. “I want you to run, Chloe.”
She frowned at me. “Run?” H
Snow

This was, simply put, very well written with all the necessary ingridients to make a fantastic adventure filled with action, demanding alphas, a little bit of a drama and angsty anticipation of waiting for the main characters to open up fully to one another and finally express to each other, what we, the readers, have known and waited for to happen from the very first pages...LOL, and to see it happen in a HEA.

Hallelujah...I say

If you are a fan of Suzanne Wright's packs of wolf-shifters, do
Kimberly / Love Notes Book Blog
May 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
4 stars. This was a good book! I had not read anything by Ms. Wood before, but I won this book from a giveaway and it sounded really good. This was a wolf shifter book, and it ranked right up there with my favorite shifter books by Suzanne Wright.

This is Chloe and Ian Lachlan's book. Chloe lost her parents and left her pack because she was suspicious of their deaths, but the pack didn't want her investigating. She joined another pack and found a home there. When she arrived she met Ian, who had
Richelle Robinson
Jun 06, 2017 rated it liked it
I enjoyed the paranormal aspect of the story but the romance didn't capture me.I loved how tough and fierce Chloe was as a shewolf. She was strong and fought for what was right and didn't back down from anyone. Ian is trying to slowly move on after losing his former mate. He's attracted to Chloe but doesn't want to betray his dead mates memory. With the way this was set up I was expecting to have all these feels but it didn't happen. I couldn't feel the connection between the main couple. I know ...more
phoebess
Don't you just love it when a book puts a big smile on your face? I do. And Blood & Bone did exactly that.
I was so invested in reading about Chloe and Lach, I didn't even have to pretend not to hear other people who tried to talk to me.
The story was full of funny quips, great action and interesting characters I would really like to know more about. But first things first... Right, Rhys? *happy sigh*
Raine
Chloe and Lachlan's story! Yay!

I am kicking myself that I did not realize this book already came out. In fact, three books in this series are out. The only good thing about missing the favor they were already released its that now I can read the books back to back.

I liked this story of Ian (Lachlan) and Chloe. I didn't love it, probably because Ian already had a mate he was in love with before Chloe. I think that is the only reason why I didn't find this one give stars. But the good news is tha
Rachael Orman
May 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.

I have to say that I really enjoyed this book. I liked that things weren't always easy, things didn't just line up perfectly for the couple, but they had to deal with heartache and loss and other emotions before they finally made it into each other's arms in the capacity they were meant to.

Once I got into this story, I couldn't put it down. I read it in one sitting because of all the little twists and turns and trying to fig
Mary
May 18, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.

The grief of losing a mate is overwhelming and all consuming, not only to the surviving spouse but to their friends and family as well.

For Chloe, watching Lachlan fade away after losing his wife, it was devastating. Lachlan is her mate. A lucky few have two mates during their lifetimes but she knows that Lachlan isn't in mindset to entertain the idea of loving someone else.

Knowing that leaving is the only way to move on wit
Ginger Snaps
This is the first book of a spin-off series of author C.C. Wood's "Bitten" series. You could read it as a standalone, but you'd understand it so much more if you read the Bitten series first. And honestly it's one of my favorite paranormal series, so you really should read it.

In the end of the Bitten series, Lachlan, alpha of the wolf pack lost his mate. When that happens, often the other mate will die too, from a lack of a will to live. But Lachlan has a friend Chloe, (the pack enforcer) who f
Mandy Parmenter
May 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Chloe MacArthur leaves he pack she considers as her family because even though she has found her mate, he is not available. So she goes to her childhood pack as she has unfinished business there - but will she make it through the deadly game with shifters that are determined to keep the truth from her? Ian Lachlan lost his mate nearly two years ago and is still alive thanks to Chloe looking after him. Now she is the one that needs help and he is determined to step up to the challenge and help he ...more
Tish Cocktails & Fairytales
This book was amazing, just amazing I tell ya!! With the help of his friend Chloe, Lachlan is attempting to recover from a devastating loss even while dealing with one of her own. But during that time she comes to a shocking realization that will change everything. But before that can happen she's ready to get some answers and seek justice for what's she's lost. In the process she learns that people aren't always who they seem and you never know who you should trust. If they survive could fate f ...more
Naughty Mom Story Time
May 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs-reviewed
Blood & Bone is the first book in the spin-off series of C.C. Wood's Bitten series, while it can be read as a standalone, I think it might be much more enjoyable if you've read the Bitten books. Some of those characters make appearances in the story, and if you're like me you'll want to know them too. Trust me, these characters (especially the females) are characters you'll want to get to know. They're pretty awesome.

In the Bitten series, we are introduced to Chloe McArthur. She's a total ba
Red Cheeks Reads
May 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing

I think I have read pretty much every book C.C. Wood has put out and this one definitely has to be my favorite! From the very start I was hit with a deep emotional impact that had me certain I would love every page till I got to the end and Lachlan and Chloe got the HEA they deserved.

Chloe and Lachlan's story is beautiful and hard, after the deaths of her parents she ran and in the process found the broken Lachlan who was wasting away after the death of his mate. She forced his to eat, to get ou
Bookgasms Book Blog
May 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ratula
I was excited to start the first installment in the Blood & Bone series, a spin off of the Bitten paranormal romance, which I loved! Ms. Wood's novels have become synonymous with hot chemistry, swoony alpha males and the sassy women who bring them to their knees. That is exactly what we got with Blood & Bone. Chloe and Lachlan were so fantastic together. Not only did I find this novel to be sexy but I loved the heartfelt emotion between them. His novel was a winner and I can't wait for t ...more
Debbie Murray
May 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I was a very lucky girl who won an ARC of this book ! I could not put it down. It is a spin off from her "Bitten series" another of her paranormal series which I got hooked on. Not only does it have a kick-ass sexy heroine but a sexy alpha male who needs a little but kicking. While part of a series it is one you can pick up and read in one sitting. You get the complete story but also get to catch up on a few of her previous characters like yummy Finn with his gorgeous eyes. C.C. is not afraid to ...more
Sylvia Schneider
May 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What an excellent beginning to a new series!
Lachlan is a man who is barely surviving the loss of his mate. Chloe helps him the best she can before leaving the pack she has been with since her parents died two years ago. Without a word to him, Chloe leaves on a quest ( with the help of her grandmother) to find out who killed her parents and why. After an odd visit from a neighboring pack, Lachlan goes to find her feeling she was in danger from them. Being the strong woman that she is, she refuses
Denise Anderson
May 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars I haven't read the bitten series yet, but I plan on it, so I get the background of Lach. This can be read as a standalone. Chloe is a tough she wolf and goes back to try and find out who killed her parents and also fleeing her feeling for her mate. Lach lost his mate 2 yrs ago and has been having a hard time with her death. He leaves his pack to go help Chloe find the killers of her parents and will he find that he has a second mate??? Something that is very rare but can happen. Well r ...more
Madeleine
Jun 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love this story, such strong characters and none of that half-baked 'he loves me, he loves me not' this feels like a real story and I would love to read more of them :-) I can recommend this to any one. Thanks C.C Wood for another great story!
Felicia Semmler
May 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I have read the Bitten series yet but I loved this book and couldn't get enough!!! It was so good and I couldn't put it down. I read it in one sitting and cannot wait for the next one.
Carla
Jan 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Carla's Five Star Review

Blood & Bone is the first book in the Blood & Bone series.

Let me start by saying that I am not a fan of paranormal books, but this book was beyond great. I loved the mystery and suspense! Both kept me on the edge of my seat trying to figure out what was going to happen next! Oh! The sex scenes were Hot with a capital H! I thought Chloe and Ian were awesome characters! They were both well developed characters, and I found them to be quiet endearing.

If you are a pa
April   ♥"LOS" ♥
May 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Two years after her parents were killed, Chloe MacArthur decided it was time to find out the truth about their deaths. While she has had her suspicions about what happened she hasn't been able to prove anything. In order to get the proof she needs she will have to leave behind her new pack and Ian Lachlan, the man who has sworn to never have another mate.

Still struggling with the death of his mate, Lachlan is barely surviving within the pack. He knows he needs to let go of his grief and find his
Amanda Vermaak
Jan 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What I wouldnt give to be a shifter. Chloe is an enforcer and Lachlan just lost his mate. Being a stubborn woman, she is looking for the murderers of her parents. She knows Lach is her mate, but he is still grieving for his dead mate. They are hunting down the monsters and what can I say. Hotness overload
Family is what matters in this world. And family by blood or not, will always overcome evil
Jenny - Book Sojourner
Loved! I was completely hooked on this story. Having read the Bitten series, of which this is a spin-off of, I remembered the heartache Lachlan suffered at losing his previous mate. So finding him in this new series was awesome.

I loved Chloe. She had a heart of gold. And so much love and patience for Lachlan. But I also loved how Lach came alive in this story, and with Chloe's patience. Their love story was beautiful and touching. My heart really ached for them at times. And the drama and despi
Love N. Books
May 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
Pet’s $0.02

I love CC's Bitten series and this is a spin off. This is a great book for anyone who loves the vampire and werewolf genres. There’s some background from the Bitten series that’s referenced but you won’t feel like you’re missing anything if you haven’t read them. You should, because they’re awesome, but you don’t need to.

Chloe was a strong character. She’s recently realized that she’s done everything she can to bring Lachlan back from the brink following his mate into death and now it
Twinsie Talk Angie J
May 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Check out this review and others at
www.Twinsietalk.com
www.Facebook.com/Twinsietalk
www.Twitter.com/Twinsietalk
www.Tsu.co/Twinsietalk
Newsletter : http://eepurl.com/brwkPv

Blood and Bone by CC Wood

I received a copy from the author for an honest review.

Sweet baby Jesus did this book hit all my buttons…shifters, sassy heroine, yummy alpha, insane chemistry and so much more. Sooooo before you ask, yes, I want more!! Actually, scratch that I NEED MORE!!! More More More!!

Before I begin my review I gotta
☆Joycedale☆
May 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
So this a spin off of the Bitten series which I have not read. Although it didn't really need to be read there's things mentioned that I know went into more detail in that series so now I'm wishing I had when I had the chance.
Chloe was just amazing! She's the kind of character that is badass and can take of herself but doesn't mind accepting help.
Lach was a sweet broken man after losing his mate.
Chole knows she is now his mate but knows that he won't recognize it so after helping him through hi
Nightbird Novels
May 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
Ian Lachlan has become a shell of himself since losing his mate, but Chloe MacArthur does everything she can to return him to the land of the living and to help him survive on his own. What Ian doesn’t know is the reason Chloe is so invested in him… she happens to also be his mate.

Now that Ian and the pack have made it through their hardest times fighting the Faction, Chloe decides that it’s time to move on and figure out what happened in her old pack right before she left them. Once Ian realize
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
Born and raised in Texas, C.C. Wood writes saucy paranormal and contemporary romances featuring strong, sassy women and the men that love them. If you ever meet C.C. in person, keep in mind that many of her characters are based on people she knows, so anything you say or do is likely to end up in a book one day.

A self-professed hermit, C.C. loves to stay home, where she reads, writes, cooks, and w

Blood & Bone (3 books)
  • Souls Unchained (Blood & Bone, #2)
  • Forevermore (Blood & Bone, #3)