Start by marking “Lace (A Material World #1)” as Want to Read:
Lace (A Material World #1)

Lace

(A Material World #1)

When Shawn’s best mate Dave breaks up with his girlfriend, Shawn tries not to get his hopes up. After all, Dave’s still straight, right? Wrong. Dave reveals he’s bisexual, and that pounding you hear is Shawn’s heart. He’s loved Dave for so long, but he’s not about to jeopardize their friendship by telling Dave how he really feels.

But when Dave discovers Shawn’s little kink
Published May 17th 2017 by Island Tales Press

To ask other readers questions about Lace, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lace

Judith
May 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
4 Stars......Men wearing women's underwear *happy sigh*

This is a quickie but quite delicious....

Dave and Shawn have been friends for years and Shawn has always been a bit in love with Dave.But Dave's straight...or is he?

When Dave announces he's broken up with his girlfriend and thinks he might be bi,Shawn can only dare to hope that the object of his fantasy might become a reality.

The most important thing is their friendship but when Dave finds his collection of women's underwear,all bets are off
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
Lace is a sexy, lightly kinky, best-friends-to-lovers story.

I liked both MCs, but the move from friends to lovers felt a little awkward. Considering Shawn and Dave were such close friends, the lack of communication was particularly frustrating. I've never been a fan of the miscommunication trope.

Shawn jumps to conclusions about Dave, thinking Dave wants to be with him only for his lacy, silky undergarments, while Dave worries he can't tell Shawn how he really feels.

Dave also does the unthinkab
Karla
Dec 01, 2017 rated it liked it
3 stars!

I like this one I didn’t love it, but I like it enough. I love friends to lovers I’m always a sucker for those, but this one felt a little flat can’t put my finger. I felt like something was missing. The sex scenes were hot and sensual no doubt I think outside the bedroom is were I felt the MC were missing something. I think it was a ME thing since a lot of GR enjoyed it more than me and hopefully you will too.

My first read by this author and I do have a couple of her other books in my
Bev
Lace photo Lace_zpslr33ugee.jpg

Heavens, we've only just finished beta reading this one and it's up already!! :-) It was such a hardship finding a suitable picture too...I could've looked all afternoon!! ;-) Yes, there is kink but it's fairly mild; mostly it's a little best friends to lovers tale [one of my favourite tropes] about the love that Shawn still feels for Dave, what happens when Dave becomes aware that he's no longer as straight as he thought he was, and how strong he needs to be to convince Shawn that they are per
Denise H.
Jun 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
*** Shawn and Dave have been best friends forever. ***
Dave has just broken up with his girlfriend; he was flirting with Jake at the gym, and thinks he's bi now. Shawn has always loved Dave. Can he tell him now?
While helping Shawn put laundry away so they can go somewhere, Dave finds the pretty undies in Shawn's drawer.

What ? Well, Dave goes into insta-lust and the sexiness begins. As they move along, Dave buys more sexy undies, stockings, etc. for Shawn, and wants him to wear then during sex
Ky
A short, sexy read with some kink in it.

The idea for this book was very good and I was very excited about reading it when I saw the blurb. While I enjoyed it a lot, I think it would have worked so much better as a full novel. It had so many opportunities for development and we only scratched the surface of Shawn and Dave's journey from friendship to relationship.

To start, there was not nearly enough communication in the book between the MCs. They had fears and insecurities but they didn't share
BWT (Belen)
May 19, 2017 rated it it was ok
2.5 Stars...because hot manties action.

It all begins when Shawn's best friend, Dave, drops a bomb and reveals his bisexuality.
“Since when do you flirt with guys?” No response. “Dave? Since when does a straight guy flirt with another man?”
Dave raised his head and peered at him through his eyelashes. “Since he discovered that he’s not totally straight, but bi?”

When Dave discovers Shawn's kink - his love of wearing men's lingerie - it kick starts a sexual relationship between the two.
“I mean, wh
monika
"men in lace manties" <3333

...sweet, short with an uncomplicated plot...a comforting read with my favourite kink as a reward for me after one, very disturbing book... I'm healed! ;)
Jordan
May 20, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: alphabookclub
3/5 for a sexy, mildly kinky, friends to lovers story.

I liked the premise of this book, I really did. And the cover was all kinds of sexy. But the book itself was just alright. Maybe I got my hopes up from the cover. Maybe my expectations were too high. I really can't stop praising that cover because oh Lawd, sexy men in lacy lingerie, yes please.

But really, I had major issues with the "romance" between these two. The first few chapters were building up the tension, switching POV's so you kno
Ele
May 23, 2017 rated it it was ok
*2.5 stars*

I'm a BIG fan of K.C.Wells, but I just couldn't get past the miscommunication, and Dave outting Shawn's kink just like that. Sorry:(
Sandra
I'm of two minds about this book.

On one hand, this was perfect, kinky erotica, and I love how much emotion this author always puts into the sexy times. Also, manties. Yum!!

On the other hand, Dave is a jerk for outing Shawn's personal kink to someone else, and both of them suffer from "can't-talk-about-shit-itis". So frustrating.

Why four stars, then, you ask? Because it's K.C. Wells and I just adore her particular brand of magic. There's definitely a connection between the two men - best mates f
Theresa
May 19, 2017 rated it did not like it
Didn't care for Dave's lack of loyalty to his girlfriend. Didn't care for Shawn being a mama's boy. The lure of manties couldn't make me keep reading. DNF.
Debra
Short and sexy with a bit of kink and a lot of lace.

When the crush Shawn's had on his best friend Dave is no longer one-sided the super hot sex is tempered by worry. Is Dave in it for real or is he in it for the kink? After all everything happened around Dave's discovery of Shawn's lace panties. Isn't it funny when sex is added to a friendship how all of a sudden it gets hard to talk? As Shawn worries, Dave is just trying to please him, enjoying the new side of their relationship, but he senses
Maria
May 22, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: solid-3-stars
The naughty, kinky parts were very hot. The move from friends to lovers didn't seem quite right but I went with it.

Outing your boyfriend at the gym by telling a guy you flirted with that your man likes to wear silk underwear. No matter what the reason it's like the mother of all no no's, in my opinion.

I had a hard time recovering from that giant misstep.
Karen
May 18, 2017 rated it liked it
What would you do if your best friend accidentally learned......

your most closely guarded secret...

and what would you do if you were that friend and what if you were in love with each other.

Ok so first thing you'd maybe do is freak out...even just a teeny, tiny bit or at least I would but for Shawn and Dave there's a little more to it.

Dave's straight or at least he is until he confesses to Shawn that he's bi. Shawn's gay and Dave's known this for years. What Dave doesn't know is what Shawn ke
Cadiva
May 26, 2017 rated it liked it
Kink-tastic short from K C Wells

K C Wells is high on the list of writers who know how to write kink and write it well.

This is a sexy and sweet novella about a guy who suddenly finds there's just something irresistible about his mate in lace pants.
It's not just kink though, there's a real relationship drawn between the two men that has nothing to do with erotic underwear.
Sanaa Z.
May 20, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc, m-m, 2017

I don't really have any words for this book. It was just an okay book. Nothing to special and exciting. Though this is the first book I've read about the main character being a man who wears panties and it was different. Good different, I think. It was your typical friends to lovers romance and I enjoyed it!

An arc was provided in exchange for an honest review!
Helena Stone
Now here’s a truly endearing friends to lovers story for you.

Shawn and Dave have been best friends forever. What Dave doesn’t know, because Shawn has made very sure to keep it a secret, is that his best friend has been in love with him since they were teenagers. And why would Shawn have told him? Dave is straight and Shawn knows that opening his mouth would only result in complicating, if not ending, a friendship he treasures.

Except that Dave is not quite as straight as he and Shawn always assum
Candice
May 18, 2017 rated it it was ok
Maybe I just wasn't in the mood for this one, but I didn't care for it. My first KC Wells book that I've read that I didn't like. :(

I thought Shawn overreacted, big time. (view spoiler)

I thought Dave was a douche nozzle. I don't exactly know why, he just gave off funky vibes I didn't like. Oh wait, I didn't like him before this, but my biggest reason for not liking him (
Julie   (*Happily Ever Chapter*)
super cute, quick read. I really am a sucker for friends to lovers stories.
Chris
Oct 18, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: lgbtq
A cute little fetish novella about best friends finding out something unknown about each other ..... then acting on it
*~*~Fawkes, Padfoot, and Prongs~*~*
Meh this didn't do much for me at all <<--- On second though, I really disliked this (and it's all because of Dave)!! :-/!! I thought Dave was kind of a douche a MASSIVE douche, and both MCs managed to annoy me (albeit in very different ways). There were a few things that were off with this one and I wasn't very impressed at all. I'll be trying the 2nd book [Satin] in the series, and I really hope it'll be MUCH better!!

Frankly? I wanted to smack Dave and didn't think he deserves Shawn at a
ButtonsMom2003
May 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: xd-assigned-read
Hot as fire!

This is the first book I've read by K. C. Wells. It might be on the short side but that didn't matter. I love a good friends-to-lovers story and this one really delivers. I wanted to bang the MCs heads together a couple of times to get them to wake up. When Shawn and Dave finally get on the same page – watch out! The heat made my e-reader smoke.

I've often said that a book doesn't have to be long to be good and this one is a great example of that. While most of this story was pretty s
Will Parkinson
May 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I will be the first to admit: Men in lacy undergarments isn't my usual thing. This book? Oh, god. I loved it. I laughed, I cried, but most importantly, I loved.

KC hits all the rights notes with this. She injects humor (or 'humour' if you prefer) in the right places, makes you feel for the characters who are delving into territory that's new for both of them, and then has to deal with well-intentioned, if not welcomed, advice from friends and family.

I loved the mother. She was funny enough, but t
Jess A Jaye
May 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
A really sweet friends-to-lovers read with a bit of super sexy kink!
Shawn and Dave are adorable together and hot!
I'm totally in love with the cover swooooon!!!
Lost in a Book
3.5 Stars

Welllllll, that was a cute little read. Lace isn’t a thought provoking, deep MC, profound story with a message, book. I don’t think it’s supposed to be either. It served its purpose on being a light hearted, fluffy, manties filled short story.

Shawn and Dave are best friends and have been since they were teenagers. Shawn has been in love with Dave since they were 15 and is still pining away for his straight best friend. Errrr… or not.

“Dave? Since when does a straight guy flirt with ano
Mindy
May 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book. It was sexy, funny, little drama, every thing I want in a book. :)
Natalie
May 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, arc-read
This is a charming novella, chock full of lacy romance. (see what I did there?) It’s a simple story but certainly more substantial than lace, with alternating POV’s and a romantic friends to lovers plot. Shawn has been Dave’s best friend, and vice-versa, since their school days. Shawn is an out, gay man, and Dave is straight, or so he thought. They've both been keeping secrets and then Dave reveals one of his, that he's recently realized he's bisexual.
It's Shawn’s secret dream come true but bot
Becky Condit
May 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Lace is a sweet friends to lovers story with a bit of kink. Nothing severe, just entertaining. And it reveals a kink I didn’t even realize I might like with the right lover. Hmmm. TMI? Sorry/not sorry.
Shawn is a man who enjoys wearing pretty, soft, women’s lingere under his clothing and also in the privacy of his own home. He buys it online and keeps this secret to himself. Meanwhile, he has another secret: he loves his best friend Dave, even though Dave is straight and Shawn is gay.
When Dave br
Rachel Emily
GAH this was just steamy hot! The chemistry between Shawn and Dave was just explosive, and the kink of the lingerie was just a wonderfully hot bonus. (And one of my favorite kinks!)

I do get frustrated when the characters just won't talk, and that was the case here. If they had just talked to each other instead of blowing up at each other (and Dave going to talk to someone at the gym about it!) they wouldn't have had conflict. Which, I know, stories need some conflict, but it's not my favorite tr
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Finally Fallen (The Dark Angels, #3)
  • Ask, Answer, Look, Kiss
  • Pink Lace and Stolen Hearts
  • Painfully Attractive (Love and Care #4)
  • Awkward Silence, Volume 04
  • Professor Adorkable (Domesticated Inc, #1)
  • Forever. I Promise.
  • Right Hand Red
  • Yes, Roya
  • The Badass Of His Dreams
  • Knickers in a Twist
K.C. Wells started writing in 2012, although the idea of writing a novel had been in her head since she was a child. But after reading that first gay romance in 2009, she was hooked.
She now writes full time, and the line of men in her head, clamouring to tell their story, is getting longer and longer. If the frequent visits by plot bunnies are anything to go by, that’s not about to change anytime

A Material World (4 books)
  • Satin (A Material World #2)
  • Silk (A Material World, #3)
  • Denim (A Material World #4)
“Dave was examining the lingerie with interest. “Ooh, very nice. So I take it I’m not the only one with an announcement to make. Let me guess. You’re not gay, you’re bi, and you’ve got a girlfriend that you’ve somehow managed to keep a secret.” He inclined his head toward the open drawer. “There’s a hell of a lot of pretty underwear in here.” He cocked his head to one side. “How am I doing?” He… he thinks they belong to a woman? He thinks I’m bi? Except Shawn knew he had to say something. “You’re not even remotely close. No, I’m not bi, I’m still gay. No, there’s no secret girlfriend, and…. ” He took a deep breath. “Those panties are mine.”  ” 0 likes
“I want to see you in your presents.” Dave’s gaze locked onto his. “Naked, except for panties, a garter belt and stockings.” Shawn’s” 0 likes