Start by marking “Unbound (Stone Barrington, #44)” as Want to Read:
Unbound (Stone Barrington, #44)

Unbound

(Stone Barrington #44)

Stone Barrington is pulled along for the ride when a friend pursues a perilous course of vengeance in the newest novel from #1 New York Times–bestselling author Stuart Woods.

In the wake of a personal tragedy, former CIA operative Teddy Fay—now a successful Hollywood film producer known as Billy Barnett—takes a leave of absence to travel and grieve, and lands in Santa Fe in
Published January 2nd 2018 by G.P. Putnam's Sons

To ask other readers questions about Unbound, please sign up.
Greg Zowarka If you mean "Fast and Loose" it is No. 41 followed by
Indecent Exposure-No. 42
Quick and Dirty-No. 43

then Unbound-No. 44…more
If you mean "Fast and Loose" it is No. 41 followed by
Indecent Exposure-No. 42
Quick and Dirty-No. 43

then Unbound-No. 44(less)
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Ellen Dax's wife killed Teddy's wife in a hit and run accident. She was drunk and Dax fixed it so she got away with it. Then Dax arranged for Teddy's murder…moreDax's wife killed Teddy's wife in a hit and run accident. She was drunk and Dax fixed it so she got away with it. Then Dax arranged for Teddy's murder, twice, he had Teddy's new girlfriend kidnapped and nearly raped and then Teddy himself.
So when Teddy shot Dax, he thought of it as self-defense. That's the way I see it too. (less)

Start your review of Unbound (Stone Barrington, #44)
Tim
Jan 13, 2018 rated it liked it
This is Teddy Fay, ex C.I.A.
Lost his wife in an accidental way.
Not to worry, no time for grief.
Another woman comes along to provide relief.
Should you ruin Ted's day, he will make you pay!

6 of 10 stars
Sunnie Trickett
Feb 24, 2018 rated it it was ok
Should be called a Teddy Fey Novel not a Stone Barrington. I am so tired of these books, but I can't stop reading them. Something is wrong with me.
Monnie
Jan 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars, actually

Teddy Fay is not a nice man. On the other hand, if you want vengeance - all the way up to and including having somebody rubbed out - Teddy's your guy. But if you need to find him, look for Billy Barnett; that's the identity he's been using ever since New York attorney Stone Barrington, his friend of sorts, finagled him a Presidential pardon for sins he committed years earlier. Billy even works at the motion picture production company run by Stone's son, Peter, with his partner
Carolyn
Jan 21, 2018 rated it did not like it
I grew up in the San Francisco Bay Area, and there used to be a film critic on the San Francisco Chronicle who used a guy in a chair to indicate the rating. Guy bouncing out of his chair clapping was the highest. Toward the bad end, there was an empty chair and a chair that was knocked over in the critic's haste to get out of there. This was a knocked-over-chair bad book. I had never read anything by Stuart Woods before; I picked this up off of a "favorites" table at the library. It's truly terr ...more
Skip
Jan 23, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: crime-detective
This is basically Teddy Fay #1.5, since Stone Barrington is barely to be found in the book. Tragedy strikes Teddy Fay, now known as Billy Barnett, and he chooses to exact his vengeance in the form of economic sanctions against the movie producer who covered for the perpetrator. Then, the movie producer decides Billy is trying to kill him, and hires a Russian hit man to get rid of Billy. Quite a bit more murder, mayhem and gore than usual for a Woods novel as killers run amok, especially Billy.
Donna
Feb 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Teddy Fay's wife is killed in an auto/pedestrian accident. The woman who hit her is the wife of a wealthy movie producer who whisks her off to rehab and buys the cops off to say the accident occurred due to a medical emergency. Needless to say, Teddy Fay wants revenge. Since he is a former CIA assassin, he's quite capable of meting out his own brand of justice. The movie producer, Dax Baxter, responds to rumors of his imminent demise by hiring a Russian hit man to take Teddy Fay out.

If you read
Mark
May 16, 2018 rated it liked it
To show how interchangeable these Stone Barringtons have become, I was tracking my reading on Goodreads as the book "Shoot First," and I didn't even notice...In fact, they're so interchangeable that the plotline seems borrowed from "Dangerous Intentions"...where Stone has to deal with an ill-tempered movie producer with Russian mob connections...in this one, after an ill-tempered movie producer with Russian mob connections wife accidently kills Teddy Fay's wife, Teddy has to deal with him...neve ...more
Jeanne
Jun 25, 2018 rated it liked it
Never underestimate the power or resilience of Teddy Fay . . . just ask the rattlesnake! Enjoyable listen on audio -- 6 out 0f 10.
Jill
May 08, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio-books
This one was different with the focus on Billy Barnett (Teddy) and I thought it was a much more engaging storyline and not so cheesy as the last ones about Stone. It has Billy going between LA and Santa Fe after the death of his wife. You know he has to make it right and his has his own way of doing that.
Carol Irvin
Jan 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
As my friends know that I love Stuart Woods books, this one is no exception and it’s # 44 for Stone Barrington!!
Dad
Jan 14, 2018 rated it liked it
Gee, here’s a Stone Barrington novel where the good guys prevail and the bad guys die—haven’t read one of those in quite a while. What was different this time was the focus on a minor character and one of Stone’s saved projects—a former CIA agent and trained assassin. This story had Cold War type plot twists with Russian agents and mob connections. And yes, Stone like 007 gets the girl too. In short, another successful diversion for reading on the bus during a cold, dark commute.
Martha
Jan 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, series
Delighted to read a new Billy Barnett TALE written without a partner! This one flows like the Mississippi, in true Stuart Woods style. I couldn't put it down, and I can't wait for the next one!!
Tracie
Feb 25, 2018 rated it liked it
Allegedly, Unbound is a Stone Barrington mystery. In reality, it is a Teddy Fay mystery. While the Teddy Fay mysteries are okay, I find them needlessly violent. I was looking forward to reading about Stone, Dino, and the gang, so was disappointed to have been mislead.
Teejay Eschen
Jan 26, 2018 rated it it was ok
Thought I bought a Stone Barrington book but... 95 % Teddy Fay, 5 % Stone Barrington.... Shouldn’t advertise it as a Stone Barrington book & he’s only a cameo character in his own book.... ...more
Ed
Jan 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: thriller, action, crime
#44 in the Stone Barrington series. Although series regulars Stone Barrington and Ed Eagle appear in this entry, the spotlight is on former CIA agent Teddy Fay, now working as a film producer for Stone's son Peter, under the name Billy Barnett. As always, the series feature features the lifestyles of the rich and famous, the women are beautiful and the sex is plentiful, and if you check your credulity at the door, you'll have a quick, enjoyable read as the good guys triumph yet again. This soap ...more
Brenda
Mar 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This should be classified as a Teddy Fay book, even though Stone Barrington makes appearances, it is basically Teddy as the star. And he is a star. How does anyone not love Teddy. Or Billy Barnett as he is currently going by. This is a twisted, fun and interesting read. I read it in one sitting as I didn't want to put it down. Stuart Woods has nailed this character and his traits, perfectly.
Dorothy
I'm not sure why I finished this book as I really did not like it very much. The characters seem wooden and comprise self satisfied men who fly their own planes, have several residences and can always find a beautiful blonde to share their beds. I don't think I will read another.
Will
Jan 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
SUBJECTIVE READER REVIEW WITH PLOT SPOILERS FOLLOWS:

I'm convinced that Woods listed 'Unbound' in the 'Stone Barrington' series by mistake; hell, it read like Teddy Fay settles all family business--a la 'The Godfather'. Having said that, he did it Teddy's way; no clues, no trail, no evidence; he pulled off the perfect crime--at least six times! At that point he'd gained vengeance for his wife's death crossing Rodeo Drive on foot by a drunk DUI who's Hollywood producer husband insured she skated
elizrdbthspeaks
Nov 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
44 books? what??! really??! wowza, i am behind ...found this read at Walmart and had to read it. totally was pulled in by the description. this is the sort of read i found myself always reading ...on the edge of your seat, curious throughout, wondering where it will end??! Will read more from Stuart soon enough. well written. such a new fan!
Darren
May 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I bought this book at a book store. I enjoyed reading it. It had a good story to it. I like the authors books in the stone barrington series. They are well written. I look forward to the next book in this series.
Kathryn
Jul 29, 2018 rated it liked it
Totally predictable, like all his books, but that works for me sometimes. Woods is the male version of Nora Roberts but nowhere near as creative. It's time to drop that egotistical rant that follows each of your books Stuart. It has become tediously boring.
Nancy
Jan 04, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5 Unbound was a Stone Barrington novel, but not much of Stone..he was busy with Ana. Teddy Fay/ Billy Barnett took the lead in this story. I liked the second half . I especially enjoyed the ending , it much better than the “set up” mode of the first half.
Laura Rash
Jan 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love a good Stone Barrington book! This one was mostly about Teddy Fay which is fine with me bc he’s quite the character!
Hapzydeco
Jan 16, 2018 rated it liked it
Stuart Woods brings Teddy Fay aka Billy Barnett & Ted Shirley to the forefront in this edition of the Scott Barrington saga. Once again Woods mixes fun with quirkiness. A fast, enjoyable read. ...more
Evelyn
May 04, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery, crime
A great adventure of Teddy Fay.
Kathy LeJeune
Jun 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
One of the very best! I love Teddy Fay!
Mary Tuttle
Jan 21, 2020 rated it did not like it
Shelves: fiction
If this is an example of Stuart Woods, then I do not read Stuart Woods.
Eileen
Jan 22, 2018 rated it liked it
It was a usual Stuart Woods book. There were some twists and turns. Kept my interest but wasn’t anything different
Shavonna Futrell
Nov 05, 2018 rated it liked it
I felt like this was more of a Teddy Faye book than a Stone Barrington book.
Cheryl Turoczy Hart
Aug 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Woods kept me turning pages again in this Stone Barrington novel but the dialog never sounds quite natural and how is it that every character always finds "true love" in each book?

• Red Alert (NYPD Red, #5)
  • Fifty Fifty (Detective Harriet Blue, #2)
  • Twisted Prey (Lucas Davenport, #28)
  • Night Moves (Alex Delaware, #33)
  • The Fallen (Amos Decker, #4)
  • End Game (Will Robie, #5)
  • Deep Freeze (Virgil Flowers, #10)
  • Private Delhi (Private, #13)
  • Texas Ranger: One shot to clear his name…
  • Liar Liar (Detective Harriet Blue, #3)
  • The Sixth Day (A Brit in the FBI, #5)
  • The Inn
  • The Wanted (Elvis Cole, #17; Joe Pike, #6)
  • Killer Instinct (Instinct #2)
  • Duel to the Death (Ali Reynolds, #13)
  • The People vs. Alex Cross (Alex Cross, #25)
  • The 17th Suspect (Women's Murder Club, #17)
  • Criss Cross (Alex Cross, #27)
Stuart Woods is the author the New York Times-bestselling Stone Barrington series and Holly Barker series. He is an avid private pilot, flying his own jet on book tours. You may see his tour schedule and learn more about the author on his website.

Stone Barrington (1 - 10 of 56 books)
  • New York Dead (Stone Barrington, #1)
  • Dirt (Stone Barrington, #2)
  • Dead in the Water (Stone Barrington, #3)
  • Swimming to Catalina (Stone Barrington, #4)
  • Worst Fears Realized (Stone Barrington, #5)
  • L.A. Dead (Stone Barrington, #6)
  • Cold Paradise (Stone Barrington, #7)
  • The Short Forever (Stone Barrington, #8)
  • Dirty Work (Stone Barrington, #9)
  • Reckless Abandon (Stone Barrington, #10; Holly Barker, #4)