Start by marking “The Trickster Makes A Match (A Nocturne Falls Universe story)” as Want to Read:
The Trickster Makes A Match  (A Nocturne Falls Universe story)

The Trickster Makes A Match

(Nocturne Falls Universe)

Minx Marksman—daughter of a Supermodel and a famous Rocker—wants nothing more than a normal, crazy-free life. One more nannying gig will earn her enough to achieve her dream of small cottage on the coast. That last job brings her to Nocturne Falls where she’s surprised to find out it’s Halloween every day.

Not so much on the normal, but high on the adorable.

Baby Gus and Un
ebook
Published May 23rd 2017

To ask other readers questions about The Trickster Makes A Match, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Trickster Makes A Match

Becca
Apr 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
So I feel like I have to preface this review by saying, I do not like Halloween...probably more borderline hate. I've never been a fan, I'm sure I'm very unusual compared to the masses. But I just don't like scary stuff. Now that I got all of that off of my chest I can tell you about the amazing story. I figured it was important to disclose my distaste considering how much I loved this story, and not reflected in my review.

Minx is such a delightful character! The girl who literally grew up with
Kathy Jo
Sep 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paranormal, romance
4.5 Stars

Growing up, all Minx ever wanted was to have a normal life. Normal just doesn't happen when your mom is a supermodel and your dad is a famous rockstar. Trying her best to break away from the crazy, Minx decides to become a nanny. Now all she needs is just one more job and she'll be able to buy a little cottage on the coast where she can live a nice, normal, quiet life.

Her last nannying job brings her to the adorable town of Nocturne Falls, where every day is Halloween. When she first m
Madison Warner Fairbanks
Apr 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: author-supplied, arc
The Trickster Makes a Match by Bria Quinlan

Written in first person with lots of humor. Instantly engaging.
From the kindle world by Kristen Painter, this is a Nocturne Falls story. It's a town where Halloween is celebrated every day of the year so that paranormals can live openly.

This was a writing style I absolutely love. Lots of humor and fun. I've already looked this author up and downloaded a few more of her books.
An adorable story of a nanny falling for both child and guardian.

Excerpt:
“He s
Christine Lee
Apr 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The Trickster Makes A Match is a Nocturne Falls Universe Story. The Nocturne Falls Universe is created by Kristen Painter, and The Trickster is written by Bria Quinlan.

Ms. Quinlan's Trickster is maybe my favorite story in the Universe, other than those written by Ms. Painter herself.

This story delves quickly into the characters, fully fleshing out Minx and Tim, complete with all the appropriate emotions. And you feel every single one of those emotions deeply. I laughed out loud, and cried copiou
AletheaO
Apr 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Despite the fact that the romantic leads are both not paranormals, the story is surprisingly engaging in that it explores the appeal of being NOT special in favor of normal and what normal means. That may sound plain, but the seemingly beta geek hottie and the sweet, awkward romance that ensues is a charming addition to the NF Universe.
Myriam
Apr 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kristen-painter
I absolutely loved this book! It is one of my favourite Nocturne Falls Universe stories so far. It is warm, lovely, passionate without being explicit, original and very unusual. This story features two main characters of unusual origin for Nocturne Falls, Minx and Tim - they are ordinary humans, completely oblivious to the nature of Nocturne Falls and supernaturals of Nocturne Falls have no idea that they are oblivious! This naturally leads to numerous funny and awkward situations. Especially be ...more
Ann Brookens
Apr 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
An adorable tale about two NON-paranormal people trying to care for a baby who is not -quite- normal. Minx and Tim have both had abnormal childhoods due to either famous parents or great wealth. Both have a great desire to be "normal" and think they can achieve this when Tim's baby nephew Gus is dumped into his care and he hires Minx as a nanny. Between Gus' little quirks and the instant attraction between the two adults, this is a lovely story!
Kristine (A Cozy Booknook)
This is a great addition to the Nocturne Falls universe. I thought it was a unique idea to have the main characters not be a supernatural of some sort. The story quickly drew me in and I didn't want to put the book down. There are plenty of laugh-out-loud moments and a mischievous baby. I really enjoyed this book.

I received a copy of this book from the publisher, my review has been voluntarily submitted.
Tomika Campisi
Apr 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! It was such a cute story with the trickster baby! I also loved the nod thrown to Kristen Painter!
Suzan
Apr 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Fans of paranormal Romance
I enjoyed this book a lot, loved baby Gus and his guardians Minx & Tim!
Jessie
May 25, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute.

I haven't read any of the other Nocturne Falls books, but picked this up because I have enjoyed Bria Quinlan's other books. I liked the idea of a town for paranormal where it is Halloween all year long. The shops sounded cute, and I wanted to visit, and maybe even live there.

Book recommendation: The Moonchuckle Bay series by Heather Horrocks. It also has paranormals living and falling in love in their own town, where they hide in plain sight.

Content: some kissing, no language, premarital se
May 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a great book; this book is part of the Nocturne Falls Universe and is written by Bria Quinlan. The Nocturne Falls series is written by Kristen Painter and I was so happy that these new books by new authors were asked to write a story in the town. Nocturne Falls is a town that celebrates Halloween every day of the year and also a place that paranormal’s can live and not have to hide what they really are. Minx Marksman--daughter of a Supermodel and a famous Rocker--wants nothing more than ...more
Stephenee
Jun 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is a follow-along story in the Nocturne Falls Universe. It is not written by author Kristen Painter, but it is all about her 365 day a year town of Nocturne Falls. It is a perfect story when you need a quick fix in this world, but just can't wait another minute for a full length novel from Painter.

This centers on a nanny, an uncle and a baby....and it is one fun read! It keeps the reader entertained and it draws the reader in from the very start! The book moves at a quick pace, sometimes al
Lisa
Apr 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is one of my favorite NFU books. I could just feel the love Minx and Tim had for one another. Oh, and Gus also. Gus is a baby who is not an infant but not quite a toddler. He is a very smart baby and on the sly side. A real cool cat. I'm usually not real crazy about books with babies in them. I love babies but it seems like all books with them are the same or overly dramatic. Boy, was I ever wrong with this one. The baby made this the most delightful story. I feel like this author put a uni ...more
Anima
Apr 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
A delightfully funny love story between an uncle and the nanny. Minx comes from money, uber wealth, and super famous parents. Wanting a more normal life she became a nanny, and landed a job in this lovely quaint town which celebrates Halloween 24/7/365. Tim is the sweet nerdy guy complete with glasses and silly humor. He became the guardian to his nephew after his sister set out to find the father, apparently something is "wrong" with the baby and he can help. That something is rather funny. Bot ...more
Elizabeth Wheeler
My favorite of the Nocturne Falls World so far. More fleshed out than many. It was a lot of fun, and the romance was charming. It's nice to have a couple that are not model beautiful or "stars". I really enjoyed this book.
Jo
Apr 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoy Bria's writing style - it is full of humour and quirkiness, and never fails to put a smile on my face. But this is a little different set up and I was wondering how her voice would translate into the Nocturne Falls universe. The answer is, perfectly!

I find with shorter stories, that the connection between the protagonists feels forced, and that the falling in love part is truncated and unnatural. There was none of that here.

The author has succeeded, within the restricted page cou
Briana Warner
Jun 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Such an awesome addition to the NFU!!!

Gus is soooo cute! I want my very own little Gus! Its amusing and so fits in this amazing universe! I hope this author does another NFU book!
Christina
Apr 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I was given an advanced copy of this book by the author in return for my honest review.

The Trickster Makes a Match, by Bria Quinlan, is another great entry into the Nocturne Falls Universe series. Ms. Quinlan does a wonderful job of matching the overall 'tone' of the universe originally created by Kristen Painter, and the characters she's created are fascinating, especially little Gus.

No spoilers, since I believe everyone should discover a story the first time for themselves, but if you enjoy r
Angel Ortega
Apr 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This story was fabulous! I was hooked from the beginning. The story is about Minx and Tim. Minx is a nanny for Tim's nephew, baby Gus, while Tim's sister is out of town. The character development in this story was great. I was engaged from the beginning and couldn't put it down. The antics of Gus and his friend Chalice are hilarious. The introduction of the trickster was especially fun. I hope there is another NFU book by this author. A great read to a wonderful series!
Heidi
The trickster makes a match is a cute book. I really enjoyed bria's addition to the Nocturne Falls Universe. Gus is a character and I loved him. I was hoping that there would be a bit more to the Uncle/Nanny in a supernatural sense (possibly similar to Cole's situation), but regardless I loved the new characters, and hope that Bria will write another book in Nocturne Falls.

Karene Smith
May 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great Addition the the NFU!

I wasn't sure about other hands in my beloved "Nocturne Falls" series by Kristen Painter, but I tried this story out and really really liked it! I plan on checking out the other titles by this author as well. She gave a great story that had some depth and was her own flavor of the NFU in a good way! Great read!
Amanda
Shelves: girly, nfu
I really like this book it is a new take. We get to see the world through fresh eyes. Minx comes into the town not knowing what makes it so special and we get to see it all as if for the first time. Along with the mischievous adorable baby she is taking care of and his Clark Kent nerdy chic uncle Hottie. :)
David  Vise
May 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved this gentle, sweet and engaging PNR by Bria Quinlan.

Nanny Minx Marksman and dumped in it uncle Tim Johnson were nice central characters who I couldn't help but like. And despite its laid back pace and style I couldn't help being drawn into the story.

A nice addition to the Nocturne Falls Universe series
Anna
May 12, 2017 added it
Great book not quiet like any of the others but still a fantastic read. I enjoy the fact that it touches on depression and anxiety as a mother which is something I deal with.
Denise Snider
Apr 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was one of my favorite Nocturne Falls Universe books. It was humorous and flowed well. The characters were relatable and made the reader want good things to happen for them. Highly recommend it.
Dana Whyte
May 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love the Nocturne Falls Universe. I love meeting all the quirky residents that live in Nocturne Falls. I really enjoyed this story! I would love to read more about Gus! This was a really fun read about Minx a nanny who also has famous parents and Tim the nerdy uncle to baby Gus. Something strange is going on in the household.. things showing up in the babies hands that shouldn't be there. It couldn't be Gus making these things happen.. well this is Nocturne Falls after all!
Jennifer Lowrance
May 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I freely admit to loving Nocturne Falls, but if a story is bad, it's just plain bad... NOT in this case! I loved this story, from the baby hijinks to the annoying parents right through the romance. It was fun to read and kept me interested through the whole book!
Hsu Lee
Apr 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I was provided a complementary copy by the author / publisher, but this in no way influenced my thoughts of opinions
OMG. Gus was just so adorable.
I know that the book was about Minx + Tim, but I was totally focused on Gus.
He was such a cutie.
I totally fell in love w/ Gus. How couldn't ?
Every time I turned a page, I keep expecting to read more about Gus.
This was a sweet book.
Loved the ending.
Heather
Loved it!!!

The way the characters are written and how we get insight into both of their pasts made me absolutely love them! The humor and geeky fun facts included throughout were spot on. I could picture everything so easily it was like I was sucked into a film rather than reading a book... And the layout was so easy to follow with a point of view from both characters that didn't get overwhelming in the slightest!

It was a charming, heartfelt story that had the perfect ending. I hope to see mor

• The Nymph Next Door (A Nocturne Falls Universe story)
  • How Knot to Marry a Vampire (A Nocturne Falls Universe story)
  • Magic's Fate (Nocturne Falls Universe)
  • The Doctor Falls For Her Gargoyle  (A Nocturne Falls Universe story)
  • A Dragon Speaks Her Name  (A Nocturne Falls Universe story)
  • The Mermaid Catches Her Mate  (A Nocturne Falls Universe story)
  • Reaping The Immortal (A Nocturne Falls Universe story)
  • The Falcon Finds His Mate  (Nocturne Falls Universe )
  • The Fortuneteller's Folly  (A Nocturne Falls Universe story)
  • The Truth About Cats and Wolves (A Nocturne Falls Universe story)
  • Dead Man's Hand (Sin City Collectors, #4)
  • Fooled Around and Spelled In Love (The Happily Everlasting Series, #3)
  • Mistletoe Between Friends
  • Someday my Witch Will Come (Wicked Society, #2)
Bria Quinlan is an award-nominated bestselling author of eight Romantic Comedies and YA Issue Books (that she swears are funny...really. They are.) Her books make you snort Diet Coke out your nose or tear up and curse her name.

Amazon: https://tinyurl.com/ybgdq33r
Kobo: https://tinyurl.com/krvpqjr
BN: https://tinyurl.com/ydf9det6
iBooks: https://tinyurl.com/jrblzqr

Facebook: https://tinyurl.com/y9bcw

Nocturne Falls Universe (1 - 10 of 47 books)
  • Magic's Song (A Nocturne Falls Universe story)
  • The Vampire Bounty Hunter's Unexpected Catch (A Nocturne Falls Universe story)
  • Close Encounters of the Alien Kind (Alienn, Arkansas #0.5; Nocturne Falls Universe)
  • The Witch Rescues Her Werewolf (Nocturne Falls Universe)
  • The Truth About Cats and Wolves (A Nocturne Falls Universe story)
  • Reaping The Immortal (A Nocturne Falls Universe story)
  • A Dragon Speaks Her Name  (A Nocturne Falls Universe story)
  • Invasion of the Alien Snatchers (Alienn, Arkansas #1.5; Nocturne Falls Universe)
  • Magic's Fate (Nocturne Falls Universe)
  • The Mermaid Catches Her Mate  (A Nocturne Falls Universe story)